Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Epic High Five posted:

Actually lately I've been playing their game and enjoying it greatly. Making up my own narrative on the fly and posting stuff tagging them with no fact checking or critical thought at all. They spend all the time on the defensive and I get to trot around like Mr Know It All. It's been extremely liberating

If they want to respond with critical thinking and evidence then I've successfully brought them down to my level, where I can beat them with experience

Alkydere posted:

Seriously dude, you need to share some examples to teach us and more importantly to give us some laughs.

Seconded, please share the laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jurgan posted:

At this point, I think Cruz has the best chance at winning the nomination. Rubio had a good chance, but then he blew the debate, and he blew the debate, and he blew the debate, and he blew the debate, and then came in fifth in NH. Kasich is the one I'm really scared of, because he's slightly more moderate and therefore has a chance of winning, but he's still bad enough to wreck the country.

Kasich has no "appeal to racists in various unsubtle ways" strategy for either SC or the super tuesday states. He's done.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

If Cruz is the nominee I hope Dems attack hard on him speaking at a kill the gays rally.

Me too, but I find it weird that so few people in the media brought it up when it happened. November was forever ago with the way the news cycle moves.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Thump! posted:

:stonklol:

The thought of a successful black woman is just terrifying to him, isn't it.

Let's be honest here, it isn't just that she's successful but that she's more successful than he will ever be. That's what really gets their goat from rap stars to Obama. That they can be marginalized, hated and attacked by everything they throw at them, but at the end of the day Obama will be liked enough by the majority of America that he will probably have an okay legacy and actually be remembered unlike chowder or whatever his name is.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Crowder is literally just a troll. I mean I don't doubt that he believes all the things he says but his whole shtick is getting people angry at him. He never really attempts to make any actual points or convince people of anything. He's even more of a troll than Milo because at least Milo pretends to think things through, although Milo is 100% more fake than crowder

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx
Every paper in Texas counts as right wing media right?

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2016/02/supreme-court-justice-antonin-scalia-reported-dead.html/

quote:

“He was the solid rock who turned away so many attempts to depart from and distort the Constitution,” the statement said. “His fierce loyalty to the Constitution set an unmatched example, not just for judges and lawyers, but for all Americans. We mourn his passing, and we pray that his successor on the Supreme Court will take his place as a champion for the written Constitution and the Rule of Law.”

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
This certainly does.
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/698629952716042240

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

You know what sucks? In the coming weeks conservatives will be allowed to praise him as a heroic staunch defender of the Constitution but no one will be allowed to talk about how crazy and extreme he was. I think that's called er... political correctness isn't it?

beatlegs fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 13, 2016

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.

Literally cheered. Rot in hell, old man.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
https://twitter.com/marklevinshow/status/698629221527085060

I read this in Master Shake's voice.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

beatlegs posted:

You know what sucks? In the coming weeks conservatives will be allowed to praise him as a heroic staunch defender of the Constitution but no one will be allowed to talk about how crazy and extreme he was. I think that's called er... political correctness isn't it?

There's going to be a looooooooot of people trashing his legacy and it will serve as a warning to any other judges who may want to be remembered fondly. Nothing is sacred anymore, look how Obama has been treated.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

David Gergen on CNN right now saying we need to wait until the new president takes office before replacing Scalia, because it should be "the peoples' decision".

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
So how many people have been saying Obama murdered him? It's been at least 10 minutes now.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

There's going to be a looooooooot of people trashing his legacy
Yeah but i'd guess the number of them doing that on CNN, MSNBC, FOX or any of the networks will be a big zero. Also quoting somebody's extremist statements isn't necessarily "trashing' them.

beatlegs fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 13, 2016

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

beatlegs posted:

David Gergen on CNN right now saying we need to wait until the new president takes office before replacing Scalia, because it should be "the peoples' decision".

It's not like Obama will be able to get anyone he tries to appoint this year through either way.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/698636369229385728

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/698634625246195712

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

ARE TROOPS COUNTRY

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

beatlegs posted:

Sherman obviously didn't do a good enough job with Atlanta the first time around.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Bait and Swatch posted:

It's not like Obama will be able to get anyone he tries to appoint this year through either way.

The average time is 2-1/2 months from nomination to senate vote. So the GOP will need to come up with a reasonable excuse to delay for a year, unless they're OK with providing voters with a heaping helping of partisan obstruction in an election year.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
We all know what killed him

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/MicheleBachmann/status/698637851894743040

anthony scalia

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Cardboard Box A posted:

We all know what killed him

Another glorious triumph for the gaystapo!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

beatlegs posted:

The average time is 2-1/2 months from nomination to senate vote. So the GOP will need to come up with a reasonable excuse to delay for a year, unless they're OK with providing voters with a heaping helping of partisan obstruction in an election year.

That sounds very reasonable, which is why I'm not counting on the GOP doing it. Cooler heads might prevail, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go full-on scorched earth this time. I'd love to see Senators Cruz and/or Rubio filibustering over this.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

I keep hearing "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" on a loop now.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
They're going to fellate Scalia on every major source of news all throughout the election season.

Good riddance.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Star Man posted:

They're going to fellate Scalia on every major source of news all throughout the election season.

Good riddance.

MSNBC's doing a pretty basic "we won't talk ill of the dead, he was hugely important and this is hugely important news, lets talk about the future because we're not going to poo poo on him because he has loved ones" approach.

Fox News is basically writing an hours long glowing eulogy.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Star Man posted:

Scalia

Good riddance.

:byewhore:

Be gone monster! You don't belong in this world!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
If Cheney dies...the eulogy I want to write for that monster is going to make Hunter S. Thompson's eulogy of Nixon look tame.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The United States is objectively a better country this evening.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The Onion nailing a line drive out of the park:

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/justice-scalia-dead-following-30-year-battle-socia-52356

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Huh. I didn't realize it was inappropriate for American presidents with one year left in their term to nominate anyone to the Supreme Court. You'd think that bit of protocol would have come up before.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's not inappropriate, it's just that this particular President is slightly different and it's best to err on the side of caution for this special situation. We wouldn't want to enter into a thousand years of darkness or anything.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Every piece of 9/11 debris is one of Cheney's phylacteries.

Given how much of a clownshow this SCOTUS appointment is going to be, Obama may as well nominate a transgender Hoxhaist.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

beatlegs posted:

Huh. I didn't realize it was inappropriate for American presidents with one year left in their term to nominate anyone to the Supreme Court. You'd think that bit of protocol would have come up before.

McConnell approved Kennedy in Reagan's last year in office, it's a load of poo poo

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

McConnell approved Kennedy in Reagan's last year in office, it's a load of poo poo

Ah, but as Ted Cruz pointed out in the debate tonight, it's the nomination that counts, and Kennedy was nominated in 1987. :smug:

PS I can't stand Trump but drat I loved the way he went after Bush on Iraq and 9/11 tonight. loving epic.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

beatlegs posted:

Ah, but as Ted Cruz pointed out in the debate tonight, it's the nomination that counts, and Kennedy was nominated in 1987. :smug:

PS I can't stand Trump but drat I loved the way he went after Bush on Iraq and 9/11 tonight. loving epic.

It's a preview of the general. The GOP don't want to talk about the Bush years but the Dems sure are ready to do it. That line is less valuable if Trump gets the nod of course, but attack ads against Trump would probably be even easier that teeing off on Dubbya

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Trump tearing down the taboo of talking about Bush's poo poo presidency and 9/11 is a gift even if Jeb! is bringing it up himself as a... uh, "stratergery"

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

It's hilariously stupid how people on CNN and elsewhere are debating Rubio's claim that lame duck nominations haven't happened in 80 years, as if it's assumed that it's some sort of "custom" among presidents. What would be the loving logic to that if it were true? Why is it OK to nominate in the first three years and not the fourth and why have I not heard of this before, CNN? Is something true just because some Republican nitwit claims it is?

...CNN's "fact checker" gave Rubio's statement a "mostly true" rating so there's my answer i guess.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

beatlegs posted:

It's hilariously stupid how people on CNN and elsewhere are debating Rubio's claim that lame duck nominations haven't happened in 80 years, as if it's assumed that it's some sort of "custom" among presidents. What would be the loving logic to that if it were true? Why is it OK to nominate in the first three years and not the fourth and why have I not heard of this before, CNN? Is something true just because some Republican nitwit claims it is?

...CNN's "fact checker" gave Rubio's statement a "mostly true" rating so there's my answer i guess.

Well you see, the issue is really very black and white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Epic High Five posted:

But that was Reagan, PBUTH.

beatlegs posted:

It was Cruz, not Rubio, but it's basically just luck. There's a 1/4 chance of justices who die dying in an election year, but a lot of them resign, and that's usually done early in a president's term so they have an easier time with the nomination. So it hasn't happened often, but there's no rule about what to do. I could understand if he died between November and January, but a whole year is ridiculous.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Feb 14, 2016