Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Ben Carson
John Kasich
Jim Gilmore
Antonin Scalia
View Results

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Time to have an excuse for rampant alcoholism :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Pubis not so drunk this time

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The audio cut out at the most perfect moment ever for Reince:

"We're going to ------ this country."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

According to some polling I just dug into, Scalia's legacy is so tarnished that he's only 4th in rankings among conservatives right now behind Trump, Gilmore, and Baby Hitler

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Grey Fox posted:

Pubis not so drunk this time

"It's going to be so big... so yooge... no matter who the nominee is!"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I thought lovely crime dramas was what made you the most watched network

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Winkie01 posted:

Obama lying his rear end off right now.

The bulk of his tribute was "He was born in a place. He did a thing"-caliber and that's no mistake.

Norbert
Feb 2, 2004

How tall a candidate and their spouse are is a very important and under-reported area of politics.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
That's a really ugly debate set.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Cnut the Great posted:

The bulk of his tribute was "He was born in a place. He did a thing"-caliber and that's no mistake.
Yeah, remember that poo poo like "extraordinary" doesn't have to have a positive connotation.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Why the gently caress am I looking at search analytics from the last two hours? How is that in any way germane enough to warrant being on my screen?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

God, how I'd love to attend one of those debates live. 12 oz of vodka in my pocket, screaming "TRUMP!" at every possible opportunity. Those lucky bastards.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

so when do we start talking about what we're drinking

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Fix posted:

Why the gently caress am I looking at search analytics from the last two hours? How is that in any way germane enough to warrant being on my screen?

It's at least as germane as a "SO IT BEGINS" meme.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

i'm drinking room temperature vodka out of a paper dixie cup

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

skinny suits for Jeb!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Watching Trump get pinned down on specifics of SCOTUS appointees with very little prep time is going to be as entertaining as listening to him try to explain the internet

lol CBS trying to fluff Jeb

edit - !

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

cheapest poo poo they have, i can taste the plastic from the bottle bleeding into the vodka

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I'm drinking water.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

thanks CBS

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Jacobin posted:

Can someone with a bit more knowledge in this area explain why the SC primary is sometimes variously referred to as a 'woodchipper' and discussed of as 'tough' and 'mean'

Is it because of a history of people getting cut out at this point or stereotypes of southerners or what ?

Thread is starting to move along fast so just thought Id bump this

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

Is a meat patty something or nothing?
rumor has it Gilmore is planning to show up uninvited and run on stage mid-debate. huge if true

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Cnut the Great posted:

I'm drinking water.

Same, but it's frozen and there's also bourbon in the glass.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

i hope donal trunk wins

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Only the finest imported classic English dry cider here

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jacobin posted:

Can someone with a bit more knowledge in this area explain why the SC primary is sometimes variously referred to as a 'woodchipper' and discussed of as 'tough' and 'mean'

Is it because of a history of people getting cut out at this point or stereotypes of southerners or what ?

Because the campaigning tends to be extremely nasty. The Bush 2000 campaign did anonymous push polls telling people McCain had an illegitimate black baby. The Clinton 2008 campaign used a bunch of dog whistles against Obama.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Cnut the Great posted:

I'm drinking water.

That's a ban.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
At least Scalia is dead.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This woman on CBS news is talking about Scalia's influence on law and that the most important thing he did was "stick to his conservative principals".

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Cnut the Great posted:

I'm drinking water.

Rubio account spotted.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why am I watching this again? I feel like I'm in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and someone is telling me "technically it is brain damage"

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
"We only have about a minute left"

thank god I was getting tired of this bland hagiography

calling it now: One of the candidates, probably Slime Man, will call for a moment of silence

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

so when do we start talking about what we're drinking

5 minutes after Scalia's death was announced

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
I got me some delicious Sierra Nevada beer, ready to settle in and drink to the madness that will be this debate

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Weird thing: I've been sick and took a nap earlier. My fever broke during the nap and I woke up bathed in sweat but feeling better. During that time, Scalia died.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
What DID happen to Kasich's parents? How old IS Kasich's wife???

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"If only Trump was able to get his supporters to come out and vote for him he would've won"

thanks for the hot takes lady

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Jacobin posted:

Thread is starting to move along fast so just thought Id bump this

it is because it brings ratfucking to a whole new level.

It is home to Strom Thurmond, who taught the art of it to Lee Atwater, who passed on his bag of terrible tricks to Karl Rove.

Between the long legacy of that and the high polarization along racial lines things are super loving ugly in that state.

Let's put it this way - the boyfriend of a Hillary staffer running a story in the WaPo claiming that the Sanders campaign faked the photo of him involved in the Civil Rights movement? That's loving tame as hell compared to what normally goes on in that state.

It is the lowest, nastiest, most personal politics you'll see.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

coors light because it's early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
What is Ted Cruz's REAL NAME???

• Locked thread