Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

What is that, .25mg/day with a little extra "as needed"? That's.... not much. Still, if you limit your benzo intake to only xanax, and they don't see a ton of it in you, then I can't see them saying anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah but it is literally my dream job. And once I am fully trained me and the other dude will switch off weekends.

Threw out the rest of my Kratom cuz it sucks and I do take some of your disses about me to heart.

Also what is the deal with that anti-car modification law bill thingy I have seen floating around on Facebook this week?

I've found that if you have any experience with opiates, kratom will do abolutely nothing for you. At least an extract is pointless, the pure poo poo will do something if you do it in heavy amounts, but at that point, heroin is cheaper. Anyways, I've downed half a bottle of scotch in 2 hours after my first 48 hours as a manager and I might be getting someone fired and feel like poo poo about it. I'm not paid enough to make decisions that affect a person with a 1-2 year old child's life. Foicl everytrjoimg. I hate thig joba already. I typel this with one eyes open.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

All kratom did was make my kidneys hurt. I got a very mild buzz off of it, but 5mg of hydrocodone would have given the same buzz. For far less money.

Elmnt, that sucks. That's why I'm not management material. Been there done that (in food service and call centers, anyway).

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

some texas redneck posted:

You know it's a good movie when the entire loving theater claps and laughs their asses off. :allears: Repeatedly.

Just got home from seeing Deadpool. loving awesome.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So... Deadpool. Worth it for the Stan Lee cameo alone.

I wont give it 10 for being perfect because it's not. It gets 10 for loving nailing Deadpool as a character and absolutly exceeding expectations on a clearly limited budget. Any problems Deadpool has really come down to Fox didnt give em enough cash - but the movie is self aware of that and turns it into a great running gag. That self awareness and willingness to even draw attention to it's own flaws was perfectly done. It earns the R-Rating big time and it looks like they cut a few things that were too harsh even for that. Again, referenced and turned into a gag. It's got about as much fat on it as Ryan Reynold's abs - very fast paced and to be honest could have done with another 10 minutes. Credits are hysterical, stick around to the end of them.

And holy poo poo, it's hilarious. Absolute machine gun it just never lets up hysterical.

Holy poo poo you ain't kidding. Earns the R and then some, but loving hilarious.
This is the next AI SAYS GO SEE IT, NOW movie.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

A 30mg of roxicotton makes 150mg of pure kratom looks like pussy poo poo (but is immesurably more addictive. SAC, don't ever do a blue/30mg roxi, trust me). But yeah. I message boss tomorrow and ask him to be transfered because he has kid and I no want him fired. He is a licensesd marine mechanic which is invaluable in this area. And he has plenty of parts store experience, which is useful for new store opening. And then we get to keep tom. Tom is good. And doesn't threaten to beat my rear end.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Elmnt80 posted:

A 30mg of roxicotton makes 150mg of pure kratom looks like pussy poo poo (but is immesurably more addictive. SAC, don't ever do a blue/30mg roxi, trust me). But yeah. I message boss tomorrow and ask him to be transfered because he has kid and I no want him fired. He is a licensesd marine mechanic which is invaluable in this area. And he has plenty of parts store experience, which is useful for new store opening. And then we get to keep tom. Tom is good. And doesn't threaten to beat my rear end.

If he's threatening to beat your rear end, it sounds like you're thinking more about the future of his son than he is.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Not a so, daughtwr, so maybe futoe boyfriensa? :ohdear:
He is also . Comvat vetern and I sudalf he might have. A slight case of ptsd. I just want to help. :ohdear:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cripes. Apparently I've pissed off not one, but two banks. Walmart, of all places, suspended my store credit card for trying to buy a phone. They even blocked my ability to login to the website to make a payment (or contact them). Took about 30 minutes of sitting on hold before I could even talk to a live person. Finally fixed, at least..

I just got several texts from my credit union about "possible fraudulent activity"... and listing the charges I made for dinner tonight, and a charge from Amazon for a new phone charger. At least my CU didn't block all forms of access to my account.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I'm just going to drop the whole wrench set in the ultrasonic parts washer at work and call it a day.

My desire to become a SAG(support and gear) driver for some of my rides is intensifying. I have a hitch rack with a two bike rack, and having another two on the roof would be perfect. I started looking for roof rack setups for my impreza and found this:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

ExplodingSims posted:

Oh I know, I'm working at a place that does on call stuff now. We go on call once a week, and once a month we have a weekend (Fri-Sat) where we go on call as well.
I guess it's just me, but I kinda hate it, I just never feel like I can 100% relax on those on call weekends, so working it for like 2 weeks straight would drive me bonkers.
I couldn't relax when on call initially but now that I've been doing it for years and am on call ~75% of the time it's no big deal. I just keep drinking to a minimum and work on poo poo around the house instead of heading to the mountains with a car/bike. The extra cash is great (we get a fixed amount extra per day on call) and we don't get called in too often. Took a while for my friends to figure out why I'd only have one drink despite explaining it but now they're happy to have a designated driver then can call if needed. Getting called in the middle of a movie, date, :a2m: sucks but oh well.

Had to pass on Deadpool with a big group of friends the other night. Between being sick, on call and the movie being too late it just wasn't going to be a good idea. Might see it with Dad this weekend or early next week. Worst case I see it next Friday.

Now to drive ~700 miles with this loving head cold and my nose pouring, should be fun.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Doesn't he have way too many cars to be a meth head?

Not sure about in your parts, but here none of them have cars only bikes with trailers made from various poo poo; milk crates, garbage cans, kids trailers, etc..

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

some texas redneck posted:

All kratom did was make my kidneys hurt. I got a very mild buzz off of it, but 5mg of hydrocodone would have given the same buzz. For far less money.

Elmnt, that sucks. That's why I'm not management material. Been there done that (in food service and call centers, anyway).

I was prescribed a hydrocodone (Vicodin) once for pain, and apparently I'm allergic to it, as I was on the floor in my bathroom vomiting my guts out (and then vomiting nothing) for almost 12 hours. I'd rather just be in pain, thanks.

Ditto on the managing. While parts of the job were very enjoyable, being responsible for other people just sucked, and I've no desire to do that again.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Elmnt80 posted:

Not a so, daughtwr, so maybe futoe boyfriensa? :ohdear:
He is also . Comvat vetern and I sudalf he might have. A slight case of ptsd. I just want to help. :ohdear:

PTSD is a slippery slope. I had a dude in trade school who gave me rides every day. Had just came back to the states the summer before school ( oct) . And he should not have been in automotive school. We once had an airbag demonstration that involved blowing it off. He was fine but once that bag blew up he dove for the ground and came up apologizing not realizing what he did. And he felt bad about his natural once upon a time lifesaving response. Its a slippery slope but sometimes just talking and passing a beer or :420: helps them open up and let a little bit of there stress off. Or you get that guy whos just far off the deep end and nothing you could do will help.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

seriously how do I make any kind of resume look attractive when my skills are all from an abandoned career at a dying company

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nothing wrong with embellishing a resume, everybody does it.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Enourmo posted:

seriously how do I make any kind of resume look attractive when my skills are all from an abandoned career at a dying company

Flower it up. Instead of IT lackey say journeyman workstation and server repair/wo/man since pc repair is considered a trade.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

You're in Orlando, right?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm just afraid no matter how o describe it they'll see sears and go "oh I took my car there once, they scratched my rims ordered the wrong size tires and drained my transmission instead of the engine oil. That's where this guy worked? REJECTED"

iwentdoodie posted:

You're in Orlando, right?

Yeah

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Decided to go for a walk with a couple of friends and their daughter today. Ended up being a lot longer than my guestimate from a 2min look at the map last night, and despite the fact that it has started drying out in the UK over the last week some fields were still muddy quagmires with ankle depth mud in places.

The 9 1/2 year old managed 11 miles in adverse conditions without complaint :) even after the part where it took 3 of us to extract her out of the middle of a lake of mud and cow poo poo where she was stuck solid!

Raluek posted:

If he's threatening to beat your rear end, it sounds like you're thinking more about the future of his son than he is.

Yeah. Sounds heartless but its not your problem. If he is poo poo at his job and also threatening you then you should let him go. Or talk to him formally (along with your boss) and give him one chance (assuming you haven't already!), and then get rid of him if he fucks up again. Just make sure it doesn't end up as lots of chances.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Elmnt80 posted:

A 30mg of roxicotton makes 150mg of pure kratom looks like pussy poo poo (but is immesurably more addictive. SAC, don't ever do a blue/30mg roxi, trust me). But yeah.

My neighbor sells those, lol.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Tomarse posted:

The 9 1/2 year old managed 11 miles in adverse conditions without complaint :) even after the part where it took 3 of us to extract her out of the middle of a lake of mud and cow poo poo where she was stuck solid!

Because thats basically the best thing EVER to a just on 10yr old- Not only did she get to play in the mud, but she was encouraged to do it!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Found up the street from me in the neighborhood, no idea what happened

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Reality exceeded talent...

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Phone posted:

Found up the street from me in the neighborhood, no idea what happened

Typical WRX driver spotted.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Could have been sideswiped while parked.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It had a dealer tag on it for a while and the paint was in pristine condition. My guess is a T-bone seeing how there's no good way to get an angle like that on the neighborhood street. After seeing this car look factory fresh for 2-3 years, I don't think that the owner tried to find the business end of a telephone pole.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

I'm just afraid no matter how o describe it they'll see sears and go "oh I took my car there once, they scratched my rims ordered the wrong size tires and drained my transmission instead of the engine oil. That's where this guy worked? REJECTED"

Yeah

See if there's a Mosaic chemical plant around you, I believe there is but not sure. My FIL works at one down there, it's not super easy work but the pay is good and he loves working there. Just an idea for something you may not have thought of/known of. I think he said pay starts at like $25/hr.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

jamal posted:

Could have been sideswiped while parked.

WAY too much of an impact for a sideswipe, look at the rear door crush and roof buckling.

In other news, Hell got a fresh new soul today. Goodbye, Scalia.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

WAY too much of an impact for a sideswipe, look at the rear door crush and roof buckling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

meatpimp posted:

Best news I've heard this year.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Bajaha posted:

Typical WRX driver spotted.

More like WR-ecks, right?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Also what is the deal with that anti-car modification law bill thingy I have seen floating around on Facebook this week?

It has to do with the EPA suddenly proclaiming that it is (and apparently always was) illegal to modify / remove emissions equipment even on vehicles that are no longer driven on public roads. So any Spec Miata / E30 / LeMons / bomber car, or any other racecar that was once a registered car, must maintain all of its emissions equipment.

It doesn't have anything to do with street driven vehicles that continue to be street driven, since doing poo poo like test pipes was always illegal.

It's a bit ridiculous. Seems like they'd do better to ban small gas lawnmowers than to maintain emissions compliance on track-only production cars. It also doesn't do anything to reduce emissions on a purpose built chassis that was never emissions compliant.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
whoa whoa whoa easy there or the "government knows best you are all overreacting stop being wackjobs with tinfoil hats this is all fine and has been fine" smuggo contingent that has already posted in this thread will jump on you for that.

fwiw, I agree. Why give them more ways to gently caress people over when they have enough already? Keep bagging people with smoke tunes and test pipes and o2 sims on the street and then reaming out the shops that did their installs like you always have, christ.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The draft is specifying laws currently on the books to remove loopholes as well as an extremely terrible section that prohibits converting a car that was approved by the EPA to a competition car; only stuff like factory built race cars or space frame stuff that was never meant for highway use. That's the awful part of the draft.

The meat of it is getting rid of the FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY parts stuff which has definitely been abused.

Phone fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 14, 2016

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

So does that mean I should buy a test pipe to get ride of my secondary cat ASAP?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

iwentdoodie posted:

See if there's a Mosaic chemical plant around you, I believe there is but not sure. My FIL works at one down there, it's not super easy work but the pay is good and he loves working there. Just an idea for something you may not have thought of/known of. I think he said pay starts at like $25/hr.

Thanks for the tip, but looks like all their operations are down in the Sebring/Lakeland area, a good 2-hour drive from me. If I got an internship over summer I could get a hotel or something, but it's not viable as a daily job while going to school here. They do have an Engineering co-op, but it's for fall; a lot of my core classes are fall/spring only, so it would push my graduation back even further than it already is (I'm on track for May 2018.)

For reference I live down the street from UCF; I'd consider Cape Canaveral a stretch, and NASA is my dream job.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So does that mean I should buy a test pipe to get ride of my secondary cat ASAP?

If you want to be exactly the type of rear end in a top hat that has prompted the EPA to push for this, sure.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

Thanks for the tip, but looks like all their operations are down in the Sebring/Lakeland area, a good 2-hour drive from me. If I got an internship over summer I could get a hotel or something, but it's not viable as a daily job while going to school here. They do have an Engineering co-op, but it's for fall; a lot of my core classes are fall/spring only, so it would push my graduation back even further than it already is (I'm on track for May 2018.)

For reference I live down the street from UCF; I'd consider Cape Canaveral a stretch, and NASA is my dream job.

Sorry dude, just figured I'd try and help if I could.

Maybe youll stop being sad brains with a better job :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

iwentdoodie posted:

Sorry dude, just figured I'd try and help if I could.

Maybe youll stop being sad brains with a better job :v:

Hey don't get me wrong, I do appreciate people trying to help.

And by "better job" you mean "a job", right? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

If you want to be exactly the type of rear end in a top hat that has prompted the EPA to push for this, sure.

My secondary cat doesn't do poo poo. Doesn't even cause a CEL. Will be keeping the primary cat in the O2 housing.

• Locked thread