Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Ben Carson
John Kasich
Jim Gilmore
Antonin Scalia
View Results

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
trump is doing AMAZING right now what the gently caress are these people on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

"How was 9/11 keeping America safe?" Trump for Democrat ticket 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Please explain to me why Trump is crushing this, those who see it that way. I just see a bright red man yelling out of turn over a shitload of boos

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Do retired doctors need to respect the Hippocratic Oath or not?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Kasich and Carson coming out in soft defense of Trump's opposition to the Iraq War was interesting. Meanwhile, you've got Rubio and Bush teaming up to vocally support it.

What's the Republican electorate's position on the war?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

John Dickerson for President

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

It is crazy how much audience reaction affects who people thing is winning or losing the debate. If the crowd was booing Jeb/Rubio's bullshit and cheering Trump he'd look like he was massacreing them.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT

TRUMP IS A TRUTHER AND HE'S ON A PERSONAL VENDETTA

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Vladimir Putin posted:

Wow so trump really hates the entire bush family huh?

as we all

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Is anyone else's heart pounding? This is great poo poo.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Reminder that Trump has experience in a WWE ring.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
Trump is a truther. He has to be. He saw his New York collapse around him and now he wants the Bush family to atone for their sins.

This is the most epic grudge.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Logikv9 posted:

yeah he's killing it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yudo posted:

Rubio is loving terrible.

his confidence is REALLY rattled. you can tell the last debate's debacle really affected him.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Did I just witness this exchange?:

I'm sick and tired of Obama blaming George Bush!

9/11 Happened because of Clinton!!!

Did that happen? I hope Trump continues to tell off this audience.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

i cant believe it but i actually feel bad for the way trump is being treated

so unfair

Trump do the third party run

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

holy poo poo

holy poo poo

Ee Cee Dub!

Ee Cee Dub!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

UV_Catastrophe posted:

This is better than a Shakespearian drama

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Epic High Five posted:

Please explain to me why Trump is crushing this, those who see it that way. I just see a bright red man yelling out of turn over a shitload of boos

He's the only one one stage (well, the only one that matters) who isn't in complete denial about GWB "keeping us safe".

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
that was the debate moment I've been waiting for the past 3 months and it was everything I hoped it would be.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I love that Rubio says that the constitution is not a living document. Amendments?! What are those?!

Those are literally additions to the constitution. Rubio is talking about interpretation of the text

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Youth Decay posted:

It is crazy how much audience reaction affects who people thing is winning or losing the debate. If the crowd was booing Jeb/Rubio's bullshit and cheering Trump he'd look like he was massacreing them.

The audience should be required to shut their loving mouths. Isn't that how it used to be?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
thank you for your service, major garrett - rubio

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

I'll say it, Trump is my favourite GOP candidate right now.

He's a giant fascist orange baby, but I have to give him credit for also speaking truth about GWB to a super hostile audience.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

yeah he's killing it

It's the crowd. Lots of people hear the crowd and say "wow he's loving up", but the voter at home's thinking "gently caress those guys".

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Youth Decay posted:

this is very important. what bullshit

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Youth Decay posted:

It's the American sitcom mentality - tell your audience what to think and they'll believe it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I do not regret deciding, against my better judgment, to tune in.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

so the question is

are people watching gonna side with the generic boo's of the crowd, or with their innate feelings that things aren't right with iraq

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

Just a note on the audience:

No debate ticket lottery; seats going to GOP faithful

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/politics/2016/02/08/no-debate-ticket-lottery-seats-going-gop-faithful/80005206/

quote:

A "huge majority" of the South Carolina Republican Party's tickets for this weekend's presidential debate have been given to county chairs, party activists and elected officials, SCGOP Executive Director Hope Walker said. The party will no longer distribute tickets through a lottery system, as it had originally planned, citing limited space at the Peace Center.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Logikv9 posted:

Bush campaign money.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I tuned in just in time to hear Trump tell us that Bush did 9/11; did I miss anything else important or can I avoid watching the debate again tomorrow?

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I need get out some vodka

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

OatmealRaisin posted:

That was Trump expressing his deep personal hatred for the Bush dynasty. It was so real.

I feel a connection with Trump knowing he hates the Bush family as much as I do

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

I wouldn't blame him for an Independent run now

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Mod looks nervous asking Trump a question.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
MOTHERFUCKIN CHYNA GIVE US OUR JOBS

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

tinstaach posted:

He's the only one one stage (well, the only one that matters) who isn't in complete denial about GWB "keeping us safe".

Nobody actually thought that though, he can only lose ground broaching the subject. There's sooooooooo many things Dubbya did that he could hammer any of these GOP nerds over but he isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Oh my god, Trump: "None of these people are gonna get elected" *gestures to entire rest of the stage*

• Locked thread