Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
JRTC sucks, sky is blue, water is wet. At least I'm not in an S3 shop this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

A Bad Poster posted:

JRTC sucks, sky is blue, water is wet. At least I'm not in an S3 shop this time.

o. kay. team let's do the MDMP meeting again, this time in MOPP gear

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Zeris posted:

o. kay. team let's do the MDMP meeting again, this time in MOPP gear

It works better that way.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
yo

monthly reminder to go gently caress yourself if you've been touched by the army in any sense of the word

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

it touched me in my no no place

now i cut myself and have trust issues

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

it touched me in my no no place

now i cut myself and have trust issues

The GREEN WEENIE is a real thing that exists.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

spacetoaster posted:

The GREEN WEENIE is a real thing that exists.

And how!

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Doing the accident avoidance training while drunk. Peak Army. Seriously lol.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

how to properly give a drunk driving discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvTObqF3OD0

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I AM POSTING THIS poo poo EVERYWHERE THAT'S HOW IMPORTANT IT IS

http://www.kcentv.com/story/31235568/barriers-deployed-after-military-dependent-spouse-attempts-to-enter-fort-hood-gates

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Why would any dependent want on to a base that badly, let alone on to Fort Hood? :psyduck:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Sellin' that spice!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

So was it you

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I heard the reason that they put skittles in mres is because skittles are yum yums

Is this true or what

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
true

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

I heard the reason that they put skittles in mres is because skittles are yum yums

Is this true or what

Pretty true, plus it's probably the most colorful thing to come of an MRE, since everything is like a gray or brown color/neutral bullshit.

Minus Jalapeno cheese, poo poo is delicious.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
good things from MREs:

:Charms (faggots who cared said DONT EAT THEM ITS BAD LUCK, and like you retard its an FTX not vietnam)
:enchildas
:vegetarian rib bbq mold thing
:skittles
:m&ms (ahem pan coated chocolate candies or wtfever)
:cinammon toaster pastry
:matches

some other poo poo but its not a lot

:oh when they said dont eat the shakes I ate everyones because I hated my unit so bad I wanted botulism so I could die
:the packets of flavored sugar (kool aid)
:i think they had cheezitz???????????

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I ate the poo poo out of the instant iced tea stuff.

Ate. Not drank.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yes they have snack crackers. They also have tortilla soup now and that poo poo is so good.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh yeah the crackers and cheeses were a given i thought

the pound cakes were ok but really the worst most dry thing you ever want to eat in a swamp like fort polk or somethng

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I always went for beef enchilada

Also the spice pound cake

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Also i remember tasting the shake once and i nearly puked

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
well yeah they were basically like drinking peptol bismol/vomit

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

realtalk army showed me the horror that is chili-mac and also what sadness tastes like

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

We had old school MRE's when I was in Iraq and the same went with when we were in the field after deployment leading up to 2011. I never got to taste these wonderful shakes, and half of the stuff you guys are talking about sounds foreign to me.

It's odd that I'm sitting here, going "man I'd like to see the MRE's are like now". I'm only two beers deep, I should know better.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I found out from a nurse in my battalion that my recruiter was one of those extremely cheap dudes and would take a case of mres home and eat just that for his meals

She was surprised that he recruited anyone and was happy that he did

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I found out from a nurse in my battalion that my recruiter was one of those extremely cheap dudes and would take a case of mres home and eat just that for his meals

She was surprised that he recruited anyone and was happy that he did

This is the saddest thing I have ever heard

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

gently caress, unless they got significantly better since I was chowing down on those, they're kind of negative reinforcers within themselves?

How would you like to not poo poo for 4 days... When you do, it's going to be so hard you'll rip your rear end in a top hat apart. Oh by the way, you're going to get cancer, and probably some food borne illness.

It would be safer to eat Kraft Mac N' Cheese out of some homeless dudes rear end in a top hat than it would to eat MRE's on the reg.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The shakes were real bad. I ate that poo poo anyway.

The "burger" thing that was just 2 of the snack breads and the beef patty with bbq sauce was acceptable.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Good MRE's

Omelet with ham
Pork and Rice in BBQ sauce
Spaghetti
Meatballs, beef and rice
Tuna w noodles
Ham slice

:colbert:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Beef teriyaki and chicken tetrazzini were goddamn treasures.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

MurderBot posted:

We had old school MRE's when I was in Iraq and the same went with when we were in the field after deployment leading up to 2011. I never got to taste these wonderful shakes, and half of the stuff you guys are talking about sounds foreign to me.

It's odd that I'm sitting here, going "man I'd like to see the MRE's are like now". I'm only two beers deep, I should know better.

almost everything I mentioned was in circulation from 2003-2010 or so

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

almost everything I mentioned was in circulation from 2003-2010 or so

The two things I don't remember are the enchiladas and cinammon toaster pastry. I guess I was just incredibly unlucky.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

MurderBot posted:

The two things I don't remember are the enchiladas and cinammon toaster pastry. I guess I was just incredibly unlucky.

Enchiladas I last remember eating when I was in Iraq in 05 or so. They got rid of it shortly after I guess. RIP enchilada I ate 4 of you in one day and destroyed a shitter.

I only had the toaster pastry when I tried the omelette one, it was very short lived mre fortunately

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
the omelette was the WORST mre thing ever. It was like a preserved tumor. Maybe its better warm but lol at cooking mres.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Yeah my menu list was from 1990-1994ish

SMDFTB

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Zeris posted:

This is the saddest thing I have ever heard

he was infantry

i guess after he recruited me he bought a really goddamn nice house in an ok town near me and everyone was really loving blown away because he never spent money on anything ever

he retired before iraq so good for him

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Syrian Lannister posted:

Omelet with ham

The gently caress is wrong with you?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The cold weather ones are pretty good, only on the condition that you get really hot water and add just the right amount. Otherwise it's egg or seafood flavored astronaut food, which is as good as it sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Syrian Lannister posted:

Yeah my menu list was from 1990-1994ish

SMDFTB

i'm still just in horror that you listed an omelette as a good item, I cant imagine they were somehow better in the 90s

A Bad Poster posted:

The cold weather ones are pretty good, only on the condition that you get really hot water and add just the right amount. Otherwise it's egg or seafood flavored astronaut food, which is as good as it sounds.

at some point in my career I just assumed that these were a myth

• Locked thread