Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Holy poo poo, Ye did it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Ahahaha holy poo poo :allears:

I'm watching this SNL episode now because I was out earlier. Yeezy's not in any of the skits is he?

He's in one where he does I Love Kanye.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
yeah this is a cool album. still my least favorite of his but I'm happy it's as good as it is and that he's still this out there this late in the game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

SNL's used to dealing with performers on a lot of coke

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The SNL performance was amusing because they didn't bleep anything.

Nigga's and fucks were getting sprayed out with no censorship.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dexo posted:

Can you link the performance

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Can you link the performance

Watched it live :shrug:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

don't they run live stuff on a delay to bleep poo poo out? did Kanye run interference the SNL backstage crew

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
lol the end of 30 Hours is literally a based freestyle

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This album is so bizarre

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dexo posted:

Just watched it. That was fuckin' weird :psyduck:

Does the album version have that autotune? Because that's real dumb. Like 808s was way better as far as autotuned Kanye goes. This was just obnoxious.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

30 Hours is really beautiful.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Escobarbarian posted:

This album is so bizarre

Speaking of that, what is that super strange sample at the end of FML? Sounds like early Porcupine Tree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIJwb6k7puM

(takes a while for the vocals to come in, around 2 mins in)

Lord Krangdar fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Feb 14, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

30 Hours is totally the Radio single of this album. Minus the part at the end anyway.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Did Lil B ghost write the second half of 30 Hours?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Fade is way too loving good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Just watched it. That was fuckin' weird :psyduck:

Does the album version have that autotune? Because that's real dumb. Like 808s was way better as far as autotuned Kanye goes. This was just obnoxious.

Also check out the Beyonce Skit. It was faaaaaaantastic.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
broke down and am listening to it now

liking it a lot more than I did on the stream, but I have no idea why

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Welp just tried to buy the album twice and neither actually seemed to register but there are two $1 authorizations on my CC account so looks like I might have just paid $40 for nothing yay go me woo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

illcendiary posted:

Welp just tried to buy the album twice and neither actually seemed to register but there are two $1 authorizations on my CC account so looks like I might have just paid $40 for nothing yay go me woo
Sounds like you got taken by that new Kanye

CountingCrows
Apr 17, 2001
Chance was right about Waves. The world is better because of it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

gently caress man. I just have Ultralight Beam on repeat.

Chance loving murdered that poo poo. This is Chance's album.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wait, I'd only watched High Lights with Thugger on SNL. This Ultra Light Beam performance owns, hell yeah.

e: Hahahaha, "KANYEWEST.COM RIGHT NOW TIDAL STREAMING RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW MOTHAFUCKAS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" :allears:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 14, 2016

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
I love Kanye is the best track on the album

CountingCrows
Apr 17, 2001
After the first listen, in no particular order my favs are:

1. Fade
2. FML
3. Waves
4. Wolves
5. Feedback
6. Real Friends
7. 30 Hours
8. Facts

I'll listen to this album a lot. Way better than I thought it was gonna be.

Pitchfork gonna give it an 8.8, Best New Music, I bet.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
During the 30 Hours outro freestyle he pretty much confirms that everything after Wolves is bonus material, right?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
When is this on iTunes

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
This album isn't as good as College Dropout or MBDTF but is way way better than Yeezus.

3peat
May 6, 2010

thjis is the greatest album of the decade and probably the century anf millenium

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
this is even more scattershot than yeezus which is seriously unbelievable

i think i mostly like it but i'm not sure. i wish it had a few more good verses.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I know I poo poo on this album a lot based on the stream version, but goddamn, Ultra Light Beam definitely deserves to be Best New Track or whatever even though Pitchfork's review of it was unintelligible and they were rating it based on the stream version. Chance tears that track up.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"If I ever get spaghetti, I'm sorry."

:wtc:

e: Pt. 2 ::chanpop:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Feb 14, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

"If I ever get spaghetti, I'm sorry."

:wtc:

If I ever instigated, I'm sorry. Assuming you are talking Father Stretch my hands

edit: yeah the future soundalike GOOD music signed sounds p good.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 14, 2016

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dexo posted:

If I ever instigated, I'm sorry. Assuming you are talking Father Stretch my hands
Oh hahahaha, that makes way more sense :doh:

I...uhh...I'm liking this way more than the stream so far. I'll admit it. I'm not liking it more than my first listen of Yeezus or anything, but that stream must've just been a terrible way to preview a new Kanye album because this is pretty good.

Why the gently caress did I tune in to that stream

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Oh hahahaha, that makes way more sense :doh:

I...uhh...I'm liking this way more than the stream so far. I'll admit it. I'm not liking it more than my first listen of Yeezus or anything, but that stream must've just been a terrible way to preview a new Kanye album because this is pretty good.

Why the gently caress did I tune in to that stream

yeah. I'm kinda sad about it. It feels like I'm unable to listen to the album straight through. I am jumping around where usually I'll play it straight through, but since I've heard songs It's just not flowing the same as it usually would.

And I don't know if it's because I've heard a majority of the songs before or just how unfocused this album is.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dexo posted:

yeah. I'm kinda sad about it. It feels like I'm unable to listen to the album straight through. I am jumping around where usually I'll play it straight through, but since I've heard songs It's just not flowing the same as it usually would.

And I don't know if it's because I've heard a majority of the songs before or just how unfocused this album is.
Yeah, like the way Father Stretch My Hands is split up is kinda weird, and Low Lights should've been dropped from the tracklist because it feels like filler.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Dexo posted:

Yeah, the sequencing is really weird, it almost feels structured like a mixtape (a really really good mixtape with insane production values)

Also Low Lights is great, v. inspirational

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

OH gently caress WAVES :vince:

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

Lord Krangdar posted:

Speaking of that, what is that super strange sample at the end of FML? Sounds like early Porcupine Tree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIJwb6k7puM

(takes a while for the vocals to come in, around 2 mins in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_XEGkRudyM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I still stand by this being a real quick album though. I feel like I just started listening to this and I'm already on track 11 :psyduck:

That Weeknd feature tho

• Locked thread