Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3peat
May 6, 2010

I just replayed that Chance verse at least a dozen times its too good for words. this is a great album, Kanye came through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my loving god, the end of Real Friends into the beginning of Wolves is fantastic.

They used the wrong version of Wolves though. poo poo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I barely remember the SNL version of Wolves but it was definitely better than this version which just has no impact whatsoever

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
God drat do I love Fade. I don't even care that there's barely any lyrics, it's just a dope house track that Kanye put on the album for shits and giggles

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

I barely remember the SNL version of Wolves but it was definitely better than this version which just has no impact whatsoever
Right. It's real weird because I was sure Wolves would be the best, most chilling thing on the whole album, but then 30 Hours comes right after this version of Wolves and kinda trashes it.

e: Oh but he straight up says it's a bonus track, so I guess the physical edition will end with Wolves and this will be in the deluxe edition or whatever?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

not as good as MBDTF but it's good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Okay what the gently caress, I'm even reconsidering my position on No More Parties in LA. I think it works more in the context of the album than it did on its own, but Kendrick still lays waste to Ye in this thing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The end of Famous is loving LOVELY but I wish Swizz wasn't yelling over it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New Facts :stare:

Also, hold up, I'm gonna have to listen to Fade like ten more times in a row. How did this end up on a Kanye album? This track is too loving good but it doesn't sound like it belongs on here.

e: Did he collab with Daft Punk again or something?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Seriously man. I loving hated the everliving poo poo out of Facts, listened to it like once and didn't listen to it again. But yeah this version loving goes...

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I wasn't even exaggerating. I'm on like my 3rd or 4th listen of Fade in a row. This is ridiculous. I can't stop. It's so good hahaha

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Listening more I think my initial confusion and reservations were way about somewhat poor sequencing than anything else. I feel like quite a lot of these tracks should be in a totally different order

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Every track on this album has great lines. I'm re-listening to them all out of order.

God drat was I wrong about this one :cripes:

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
wow this album is really really good.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

YEEZY YEEZY YEEZY

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

Listening more I think my initial confusion and reservations were way about somewhat poor sequencing than anything else. I feel like quite a lot of these tracks should be in a totally different order

This is the sequencing I'm going with:

Ultra Light Beam
Father Stretch My Hands
Famous
Fade
Low Lights
High Lights
Freestyle 4
Feedback
I Love Kanye
Waves
FML
Real Friends
Wolves
Silver Surfer Intermission
No More Parties In LA
30 Hours
Facts

It still feels like a random-rear end mixtape, but a very fun and well-made mixtape

modern villian
May 4, 2009
I Love Kanye

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
Kanye is the Beatles.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
cant stop listening to ultra light beam

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Why he throw shade at Paul McCartney not putting his songs on this album

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Just got home and the download finished, I am now listening to TLOP and I don't think I'm ready

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
the choir kicked in on Ultralight Beam and I got chills

ye done did it

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

the choir kicked in on Ultralight Beam and I got chills

ye done did it

chance slays

http://www.gossipcop.com/kanye-west-snl-ultra-light-beams-video-saturday-night-live-watch-performance/

like drat this is good. kanye live voice is poo poo but who cares loving drat good song

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 14, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I Love Kanye

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
this is drat incredible

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
god dammit I spoiled myself on NMPILA. I listened to this when it hit Soundcloud and if I had waited I'd be losing my poo poo right now

still a really loving good song its just such wasted potential

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I like 30 Hours, and No More Parties. I listen to a lot of house so Fade was a given but instead it is an unfocused mess like the rest of the album.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

temple posted:

I like 30 Hours, and No More Parties. I listen to a lot of house so Fade was a given but instead it is an unfocused mess like the rest of the album.

yeah, but like a really good unfocused mess

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah that describes it pretty well

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
ultralight beam is just good af

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

FROM A TRIBE CALLED CHECK A HOE

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Someone mashed up the CDQ quality of Wolves and added Sia/Vic, it's okay
http://www.audiomack.com/song/justin-lombardi/mix-mashup-wolves-feat-sia-vic-mensa-frank-ocean

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/feb/14/kanye-west-the-life-of-pablo-review-you-can-see-why-his-immodesty-rubs-people-up-the-wrong-way

quote:

Listening to Famous, you do find yourself wondering if anyone else has ever managed to seem so brilliant at what they do and such a thundering cock and balls of a man at exactly the same time.

Dead. Looking forward to listening to the album, hoping I like it better then Yeezus.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

I certainly do. It's way more diverse stylistically, but I think overall that doesn't detract too much from my enjoyment and I'll probably put it right behind MBDTF.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Thundering cock and balls of a man. The guardian. Fuckin trash

They're right but still. That patter

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks

He slags on Ultralight Beam? what the hell is wrong with his ears.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ICHIBAHN posted:

Thundering cock and balls of a man. The guardian. Fuckin trash

They're right but still. That patter

I'm British and I want to punch this guy in the face for being so British

I don't even mind the review he makes some fair points and all but come on man

a fragile ego
Oct 19, 2014

I honestly wish that this project had been cut down to 11 tracks like Kanye originally planned. Listening to it in the original order cuts out so much filler and it feels so cohesive.
I'm most tushy-tumbled that Wolves isn't the outro since that Frank feature is a perfect way to end it all, and I really was sort of hoping that leaked song Feel Like That would be FML or maybe FML would be a newer version, but it wasn't.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Luna Was Here posted:

I Love Kanye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Fade is so amazing

• Locked thread