Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Plan Z posted:

I think it's to protect himself from asbestos that comes out of the walls he breaks.
Still need filters for that

a cop posted:

They should put in actual terrorists.
America and Russia are already in the game

General Morden posted:

i wasn't aware the canadians and the japanese even had super cool counter-terrorist units

but then my knowledge of counter-terrorism units pretty much stems from counter strike so

Orv posted:

JTF2 are pretty hardcore motherfuckers, as it goes. Japan no idea.
Japan has the JSDF, who are hardcore motherfuckers with waaaaay too much time on their hands....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
good can't wait for the anime skins

Orv
May 4, 2011
How very uguulitarian.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
They got in so much poo poo for painting that on the choppers :v:

Also waiting for the chinese anti terrorism unit so I can just go "no why" when someone asks me why I haven't put up reinforcements yet.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I hope Chinese defender can shoot a drone with a tool to basically hack and use the drone themselves.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i'm surprised there isn't an attacker that hacks cameras yet

actually they should just give IQ that ability tbqh

General Morden fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 13, 2016

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

General Morden posted:

i wasn't aware the canadians and the japanese even had super cool counter-terrorist units

but then my knowledge of counter-terrorism units pretty much stems from counter strike so

They're apparently quite competent, but they haven't had an "Embassy moment" like the SAS to make them really mainstream.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Paradigmata posted:

I hope Chinese defender can shoot a drone with a tool to basically hack and use the drone themselves.

The Chinese defender gets better wall reinforcements that turn them into unbreachable/shootable walls even to Thermite, because they're tiny Great Walls.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
:golfclap:

Paradigmata posted:

they also removed the Bundles for Renown.

fuckin lol

Ash babe you can eat all the ice cream you want :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnIPCsSjuWc

Also if anyone likes to siege on PS4 at ludicrous hours of the night/morning, and tolerate this sort of behavior,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD22BYHc_3U
you know where to find me

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What the loving Christ change is going on here with downed players taking several shots to kill now? This is loving silly.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

If you go by the in-game description the Canadians they didn't even have one until 92, can't believe there's a CTU out there that's as old as i am.

A wiki posted:

The Special Emergency Response Team (SERT) was the RCMP counter-terrorism unit which existed until 1993. Its duties were then taken by the Canadian Forces in the form of Joint Task Force Two (JTF-2).

SERT was formed in the 1980s, but its history can be traced back to the Emergency Response Team (ERT) that took shape in 1976 as a Hostage And Rescue Patrol unit (HARP). The primary reason for the creation of the SERT team was that at the time neither the regional police SWAT teams, nor the ERT teams were properly equipped for counter-terrorism activities. Members were drawn from the country's various ERTs and recruits were subjected to a physically and mentally grueling selection process.

SERT was disbanded, reportedly, due to conflicts between the RCMP and certain agencies within the Canadian government about the lethal mandate of the team, and the RCMP's directive to save and protect life. During the transition between SERT and JTF-2, RCMP operators from SERT were used as subject matter experts and as members of the training staff. Training and handover of operations took place at Dwyer Hill. The RCMP still maintains a national network of special operations units called the Emergency Response Team, usually aligned with the Force's geographic divisions. (i.e., "F" Division covers Saskatchewan; "D" Division covers Manitoba.)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BadLlama posted:

What the loving Christ change is going on here with downed players taking several shots to kill now? This is loving silly.

They don't take several shots to kill, but they really should. There's little point in DBNO existing if the enemy can just kill you with one more shot before you even get a chance to move.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
PS the synchronization data bug is back on xbone. Happened twice today.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

They don't take several shots to kill, but they really should. There's little point in DBNO existing if the enemy can just kill you with one more shot before you even get a chance to move.

They are supposed to take one, 3 times today I've knocked down guys, hot them in the legs, get a red hit marker but they continue to live.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

man this was tactical as gently caress

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Each shot should decrease their bleed out meter at least.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I wish I could somehow connect to the console servers on PC. I feel like playing against those guys would make me feel like a God.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
:colbert: But would you actually plug in a console controller like a man

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

yellowjournalism posted:

:colbert: But would you actually plug in a console controller like a man

What, no, that's the whole point

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I'm kinda peeved that Buck's shotgun doesn't bring down Castle barricades.

I feel strongly that a full magazine at point blank range should open one.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Anyone else notice some weirdness putting down reinforcements since the latest patch? I feel like if I get too close to a wall it won't let me reinforce it. I have to kind of walk up to it slowly and get within a certain distance to use it

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Squeegy posted:

What, no, that's the whole point

:thej--uh oh

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A new addition to the list of things I hate about the new boat map: Half the stairwells are apparently too thin to allow you to put down barbed wire on the steps. Hooray!

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Orv posted:

How very uguulitarian.

Equal rights for all animes!

General Morden posted:

i'm surprised there isn't an attacker that hacks cameras yet

actually they should just give IQ that ability tbqh

That would actually be really neat, let her hack one camera if she can get close enough to it with her gadget(don't think it should require proper line of sight), it wouldn't be great on all maps, but on stuff like house it would be really good.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I paired up with a couple of solid dudes during ranked queues and one of them suggested the best Japanese operator. His gadget is ninja boots and he puts them on and you can't hear him walk or run while they are on, but while they are on barbed wire damages him. Hahaha.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

amazeballs posted:

I paired up with a couple of solid dudes during ranked queues and one of them suggested the best Japanese operator. His gadget is ninja boots and he puts them on and you can't hear him walk or run while they are on, but while they are on barbed wire damages him. Hahaha.

Would make more sense if he took his boots OFF.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
He takes his boots off to reveal ikitabi

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
The directional sound in this game is generally sort of ok, but it seems to function as if it's basically a singular sound path, which is occasionally loving horribly misleading.

I just had an instance of the sound taking an odd path through a busted wall and indicating that someone was in a completely different direction.

The door wasn't barricaded or anything, so the sound of the guy shuffling around should have just gone over the upturned table and straight to me, but instead took the scenic route, and I got killed because I actually paid attention to the sound.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AbortRetryFail posted:

Each shot should decrease their bleed out meter at least.

Yeah. Make it so it takes 5-6 shots to reduce the bleed out meter from 100-0, that way you might actually have the time to survive some dude randomly spraying in your direction long enough to actually use the ability to move when downed.

JamesRay
Feb 18, 2004

Out with the Old, in with the Auld

VelociBacon posted:

Would make more sense if he took his boots OFF.

Wait is this a ninja or John McClane? He could crawl through the drone ducts. Hah.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Orv posted:

How very uguulitarian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzQp3UqMVTs

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Just let me switch my silencer on/off during the load out FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

amazeballs posted:

what about the gear he's wearing? that makes a lot of noise too, does he get naked?

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Jerkface posted:

Team killers & grouped up bullies are the worst part of the game. It sucks when some 3 squad team kills you & then vote kicks you, and you can't really do anything about it because they have the majority of the votes on the team. Sucks when I'm solo queuing too, because Im generally very chill and just like to play and try to win. Had a group demand I unmute my mic or be shot, as if they had never heard of push to talk, and of course they teamkilled me anyways and then spent the entire round trying to vote kick me but failing somehow and then we lost.

I've seen a lot more teamkilling & leaving in general lately and it stinks because finding matches isnt as easy on PS4 as I imagine it is on PC.

Yeah but seriously, turn on your mic. One nice thing about being the 3/5ths majority is you can get rid of the players who think this is a game where you just go do your own thing. I don't want to get killed over and over because you're a weak tissue paper of a player who can't even communicate where they've been killed from.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Jerkface posted:

Team killers & grouped up bullies are the worst part of the game. It sucks when some 3 squad team kills you & then vote kicks you, and you can't really do anything about it because they have the majority of the votes on the team. Sucks when I'm solo queuing too, because Im generally very chill and just like to play and try to win. Had a group demand I unmute my mic or be shot, as if they had never heard of push to talk, and of course they teamkilled me anyways and then spent the entire round trying to vote kick me but failing somehow and then we lost.

I've seen a lot more teamkilling & leaving in general lately and it stinks because finding matches isnt as easy on PS4 as I imagine it is on PC.

An ingame means of reporting people seems like it's sorely needed, for both the sort of poo poo you experienced as well as for flagging cheaters.

Earlier today we bumped into a guy who's ranked K:D was 15.0, and who started one of the rounds by running outside and snap-headshotting everyone with a pistol as soon as their head was unobstructed.

Also after pulling off some nice shots with a pistol recently, I'm half tempted to try playing with just a pistol to see how good I can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu9epe89Hes

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

jesus christ that control

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

lohli posted:

An ingame means of reporting people seems like it's sorely needed, for both the sort of poo poo you experienced as well as for flagging cheaters.

Earlier today we bumped into a guy who's ranked K:D was 15.0, and who started one of the rounds by running outside and snap-headshotting everyone with a pistol as soon as their head was unobstructed.

Also after pulling off some nice shots with a pistol recently, I'm half tempted to try playing with just a pistol to see how good I can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu9epe89Hes

I played a ranked match against a guy who I was pretty convinced was walling. He walked out of the plane and snap-headshotted all of us on match point so I sent Ubisoft a support question with his account name and the timestamp of the match. They said the information was forwarded to their security team.

I definitely agree they need an in-game report solution but until then you at least have some recourse. All in all it took me about 5 minutes of my time and even a tiny chance of that fuckstick getting a ban is worth it imo.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

They seriously need to implement some kind of penalty for leaving in Casual. Every game is turning into "Round starts, one side loses a man, half the team that is now down a man quits because there is no penalty". After the first round exodus, maybe you get some guys who come and play the next round. Maybe it doesn't fill your slots for a round or two! Maybe the guys who get slotted in see that they're already down rounds and just leave before the next round and you're hosed anyway!

Failing that, maybe add something to the equivalent of DotA's Low Priority queue, where if you're a shitter you get shunted into a special queue where you only play with other game leaving shitters.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yeah agree with leaver shitters getting something. However yesterday me and one other guy won the game when it was 5v2 pretty much the whole time was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Also fun: Getting a premade of drunk guys who just cackle loudly, constantly, while calling everyone on both teams niggers. At least they were having a good time, even if it loving sucked to get stuck on their team.

• Locked thread