Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transferrins
Aug 18, 2014

Soiled Meat

quiltyquilty posted:

I honestly wish that this project had been cut down to 11 tracks like Kanye originally planned. Listening to it in the original order cuts out so much filler and it feels so cohesive.

I agree that it's a bit schizophrenically paced but the silver surfer thing is labeled as an intermission and 30 hours says in it that it's a bonus track so you can just ignore the rest if you want to? Wolves is a good closer but it wraps up that part of the album and then he goes into the looser, more good friday type stuff to make it a proper album length.
I've never cared about the kanye is gay gossip but going out with a repeated samples saying "your love is fading" over Mystery of Love and Deep Inside is a little suspect. But hey if it makes house music fashionable again for a while it's 100% cool w/ me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

There are some good and very good songs on here, but it's his worst album since 808s

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

There are some good and very good songs on here, but it's his worst album since 808s

Yeezy will always be his worst album including this and 808s.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

So It Goes posted:

Yeezus is my favorite Kanye album

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

straight up brolic posted:

Well 808's is his best album so that sounds pretty good to me.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
streetlights on 808s is his best song and 808s is his best album so i dont understand these posts

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Anyone have a full list of who is featured on which tracks?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
808s will forever be one of my favorite albums of all time. I will never forget the first time I heard the first two tracks and just sat there in awe.

3peat
May 6, 2010

AAB posted:

Anyone have a full list of who is featured on which tracks?

Ultralight Beam [ft. Chance the Rapper, Kirk Franklin, & The-Dream]

Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1 [ft. Kid Cudi]

Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 2 [ft. Desiigner]

Famous [ft. Rihanna]

Feedback

Low Lights

Highlights [ft. Young Thug & The-Dream]

Freestyle 4 [ft. Desiigner]

I Love Kanye

Waves [ft. Chris Brown & Kid Cudi]

FML [ft. The Weeknd]

Real Friends [ft. Ty Dolla $ign]

Wolves [ft. Frank Ocean and Caroline Shaw]

Silver Surfer Intermission [ft. Max B]

30 Hours [ft. André 3000]

No More Parties in LA [ft. Kendrick Lamar]

Facts (Charlie Heat Version)

Fade [ft. Post Malone and Ty Dolla $ign]

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I can listen to Robocop any day of the week.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Really the only rap that's hit me like 808s for the first time was March Madness, News or Smthn, and Coedine Crazy.

a fragile ego
Oct 19, 2014

Transferrins posted:

I agree that it's a bit schizophrenically paced but the silver surfer thing is labeled as an intermission and 30 hours says in it that it's a bonus track so you can just ignore the rest if you want to? Wolves is a good closer but it wraps up that part of the album and then he goes into the looser, more good friday type stuff to make it a proper album length.

I was thinking it was possible that post-Wolves is bonus tracks, but even then there's some issues with the order the album is in. It progresses a lot better when you order the tracks from most gospel-to-least-gospel, and that's generally how the original tracklist is. I hope that Ye continues to be incredibly picky and the release is modified for iTunes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

quiltyquilty posted:

I was thinking it was possible that post-Wolves is bonus tracks, but even then there's some issues with the order the album is in. It progresses a lot better when you order the tracks from most gospel-to-least-gospel, and that's generally how the original tracklist is. I hope that Ye continues to be incredibly picky and the release is modified for iTunes.
Post-Wolves has to be bonus. Here's what he says at the end of 30 Hours:

quote:

Check it out, this the bonus track, this the bonus
My favorite albums just have like bonus joints like this
That's why they kick it off like this

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I listen to so many djs sets that TLOP feels like a house blend off Xlr8r. Really, listen to Xlr8r if you like this. Try some Dam-Funk too if you like the gospel stuff.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Bhris Brown sang his heart out 😩😩😩😩😉😩😩😩😩

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

So It Goes posted:

808's is Kanye's best album and TLOP owns

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kanye stop tweeting. The albums out turn left nooooo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dexo posted:

No.

let him tweet

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Transferrins posted:

I've never cared about the kanye is gay gossip but going out with a repeated samples saying "your love is fading" over Mystery of Love and Deep Inside is a little suspect. But hey if it makes house music fashionable again for a while it's 100% cool w/ me.

What you on about now?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dexo posted:

They're still entertaining though

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/698926987281371136

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Wolves is growing on me a lot, is this what stockholm syndrome feels like

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Its like Ye just finished reading The Secret.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Chance is seriously the MVP of this album between having the best verse and ensuring one of the best tracks stayed on

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Escobarbarian posted:

Chance is seriously the MVP of this album between having the best verse and ensuring one of the best tracks stayed on

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/698893846441304064

Transferrins
Aug 18, 2014

Soiled Meat

ICHIBAHN posted:

What you on about now?
The term "house music" is said to have originated from a Chicago club called The Warehouse, which existed from 1977 to 1983.[47] Clubbers to The Warehouse were primarily black and gay.
and dumb articles like this. Probably just reading too much into a great track, not a big deal.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
... mate

Transferrins
Aug 18, 2014

Soiled Meat
I thought the singing at the start of the album was maybe his kid but i guess it's this girl from some instagram vid? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsSWlsxT0LU Kid's gonna be hot poo poo at playground this week.

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

Just started streaming this and Ultralight Beam is already 100x better than anything on Yeezus except maybe BOTL or New Slaves.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
What even does someone have to do to be 53 million in debt.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Is he really not going to at least put this on iTunes for purchase?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Is there even going to be a physical release of this? I like owning albums still, for some reason

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Transferrins posted:

I thought the singing at the start of the album was maybe his kid but i guess it's this girl from some instagram vid? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsSWlsxT0LU Kid's gonna be hot poo poo at playground this week.
I thought he recorded Nori too.

Is that someone he knows or just some random girl he found? If it's the latter, that's much less personal.

Jealous Cow posted:

Is he really not going to at least put this on iTunes for purchase?
I read some article earlier that it's a Tidal exclusive for a week.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Stupid Dick posted:

Just started streaming this and Ultralight Beam is already 100x better than anything on Yeezus except maybe BOTL or New Slaves.

I'm in it is the hottest song of all time.

Am I alone in thinking late registration is his "worst" album?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm In It has spent quite a lot of time as my favourite Kanye song

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bigass Moth posted:

Nah, I'm with you. It's the one I've listened to the least because it was never as much of a draw for me as his other albums. It's still got some great tracks on it, but TLOP is definitely the better album.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Bigass Moth posted:

I'm in it is the hottest song of all time.

Yes, you loving lunatic.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Late Registration is a ridiculously good album :psyduck:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

d0s posted:

Late Registration is a ridiculously good album :psyduck:
Even Kanye's worst album is still good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't really love any of his first three albums that much. I mean I can appreciate the hell out of them and they def all have some great tracks but can't get over how almost all of his rapping is corny and straightforward. she don't believe in shooting staaaaars but she believe in shoes and caaaaars, and so on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
All Kanye albums are ridiculously good as trying to rank them commonly leads to confusion and disorientation

• Locked thread