Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Iggles aren't terribly fast, they can just turn on a dime.

According to Elite Racers, the Viper is actually the premier racer. When you take boost into account there's plenty of ships that are faster on paper, but nothing can match its speed/acceleration outside of boost, so on any course that isn't just a straight line it trounces absolutely everything.

Personally I think the DBS is the most fun ship to fly, that thing is just a joy to throw around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Iggles are literally the fastest thing in the game. Eagles are the ones with best turning.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
"Objective" does not mean "in my strong opinion" you dumbfucks.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Shine posted:

"Objective" does not mean "in my strong opinion" you dumbfucks.
Where's this coming from?

Dabir posted:

Iggles are literally the fastest thing in the game. Eagles are the ones with best turning.
Heh. Back before the Imperial Eagle showed up, an Iggle was just an Eagle, so you'll have to forgive my confusion.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 14, 2016

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
If I like to play Euro Truck Simulator 2, will I like this game?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

track day bro! posted:

ask yourself one two questions:

do you want to eurotruck in space?
do you want to eurotruck with lasers?

If yes, then buy the game now.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I'm regretting my purchase of the Advanced Discovery Scanner. The universe has way too much stuff in it and now I'm aware of it all, and must scan it all.

So, any protips for exploring? I feel like I could be going faster; simple systems are taking 10+ minutes, and anything with complexity (planets with a bunch of moons and >1000Ls) is a good 25-30 minutes. Is there anything that will make a planetary scan go faster or allow me to start scanning from further away?

Also, as a related topic towards exploring, any tips for pretty screenshots? Not sure what I should be looking for to find something pretty, or even how to get the camera into 3rd person. Can you even do pretty screenshots as a VR player, or will I just get a stereo fisheye screen instead?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

I don't think this is accurate. Everything I've read says that for ALD at least there's no difference in benefits between exploited and controlled systems. It only affects the system's income generation, you get her full bonuses in either place. I also read the summary of benefits from ALD entirely differently than you did... as I understand it she doubles bounties in her space, gives rank 2 followers in her space 20-50%, and doubles payouts (again!) for rank 5 followers. And that applies in exploited or controlled, despite the murky wording in-game.

I can't speak to Hudson since I'm not pledged to him to test, but as far as I can tell he only gives the x2 bonus at rank 5.

You get bonuses for empire system + control system (specifically) + control/exploited system from 3 different sources. :toot:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

MisterZimbu posted:

I'm regretting my purchase of the Advanced Discovery Scanner. The universe has way too much stuff in it and now I'm aware of it all, and must scan it all.

So, any protips for exploring? I feel like I could be going faster; simple systems are taking 10+ minutes, and anything with complexity (planets with a bunch of moons and >1000Ls) is a good 25-30 minutes. Is there anything that will make a planetary scan go faster or allow me to start scanning from further away?

Also, as a related topic towards exploring, any tips for pretty screenshots? Not sure what I should be looking for to find something pretty, or even how to get the camera into 3rd person. Can you even do pretty screenshots as a VR player, or will I just get a stereo fisheye screen instead?

Don't feel like you have to scan every single object in a system, rocky and icy bodies for example are generally not worth the paltry amount of cash you get from a detailed scan and asteroids give you literally nothing. Honestly, if you have an ADS, you're going to be making money just by jumping into a system, honking once, and then leaving, though if you really want to succumb to space madness, consider buying a detailed surface scanner to pair with your ADS and look for worlds with atmosphere in the system map; water worlds and earth-likes, especially if they're also terraforming candidates, can get you a nice bit of scratch.

Also, if you want an external camera, look in your keybinds for "classified camera;" it's unbound by default, but it allows you to orbit outside your ship for nice screenshots. ALT+F10 takes hi-resolution shots, but only if you're in solo.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Asteroid belts have no value whatsoever and should just be filtered off in your nav list.

This will help you figure out what to scan. You'll learn to recognize what is and isn't worth scanning with a bit of practice.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

MisterZimbu posted:

Don't scan everything, you're wasting your time.
Here's my procedure:
jump into the system.
Immediately scan the star while firing off the discovery scanner. If necessary, fly close to the star and sit there to refuel.
Check system map.
-Are there worlds with visible water (or ammonia worlds)? Scan those.
-Are there any gas giants within 1000ls? Since most gas giants (regardless of mass) are around 70-77000 km in radius, most of them can be scanned within 1000ls away.
-Are there any rare objects (white dwarfs, neutron stars, black holes)? Scan those.

Do that, then jump to the next system.

Or just follow this guide:

Also, making money off exploring basically requires a detailed surface scanner. If you don't have one, buy one.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

tooterfish posted:

Where's this coming from?

Pretty much any page of any thread on this website, but in this case:

RabidWeasel posted:

I believe that being HELLA FAST is objectively fun hth.

SuperiorColliculus posted:

Counterpoint: Eagle is objectively more fun than a viper.

It's like if Alanis Morissette wrote a song about objectivity.

track day bro! posted:

Maybe. As someone who enjoys ETS2, I don't think the space trucking in ED measures up because there isn't as much sense of urgency. The deadlines in ED are much more lax; it's basically impossible to fail a mission due to time expiring unless you accept a mission and immediately logoff. You won't run into things like "do I have time to refuel?" because refueling can be done on the fly with a fuel scoop by parking near a star for a minute, and even if you don't have a fuel scoop, you'll have plenty of time to go dock somewhere anyway. Unlike in ETS2, getting into an accident won't really slow you down because your shields will eat most of the damage, and even if some gets through to your hull, it's very cheap to repair and doesn't affect your cargo. The only way an accident will really set you back is if it kills you outright, but that generally requires you to slam into a space station as hard as you can with little or no shielding. It's not like in ETS2 where you are encouraged to drive/park very carefully because tapping your truck or the trailer into something is going to damage it and hurt both your pay and your rating.

The biggest hazard for ED traders is getting pirated, which IMO is more an annoyance than something all that engaging, especially because of how NPC pirates don't play by the same rules as player pirates. It comes off as really gamey when an NPC pirate already knows you have cargo the second you jump into a system (which a player wouldn't) and instantly teleports behind you for interdiction (which a player can't).

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
On the topic of exploration, planets in your hud that look like they have continents are usually at least metal rich.
When I searched for stars, I concentrated on F, G. & K. Don't discount As and Ms though.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i just scan everything aside from asteroid belts, because I'm a crazy person.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I found this chart in my downloads folder from when I was going space mad:

It's been there since June, so it could be out of date (can't think of a reason it would be, just a caveat).

edit: heh, teach me not to fully read the thread before posting. I'm going to guess the 2.0 version is more recent than mine!

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Shine posted:

That would, indeed, be quite ironic.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Shine posted:

Pretty much any page of any thread on this website, but in this case:

Maybe. As someone who enjoys ETS2, I don't think the space trucking in ED measures up because there isn't as much sense of urgency. The deadlines in ED are much more lax; it's basically impossible to fail a mission due to time expiring unless you accept a mission and immediately logoff. You won't run into things like "do I have time to refuel?" because refueling can be done on the fly with a fuel scoop by parking near a star for a minute, and even if you don't have a fuel scoop, you'll have plenty of time to go dock somewhere anyway. Unlike in ETS2, getting into an accident won't really slow you down because your shields will eat most of the damage, and even if some gets through to your hull, it's very cheap to repair and doesn't affect your cargo. The only way an accident will really set you back is if it kills you outright, but that generally requires you to slam into a space station as hard as you can with little or no shielding. It's not like in ETS2 where you are encouraged to drive/park very carefully because tapping your truck or the trailer into something is going to damage it and hurt both your pay and your rating.

The biggest hazard for ED traders is getting pirated, which IMO is more an annoyance than something all that engaging, especially because of how NPC pirates don't play by the same rules as player pirates. It comes off as really gamey when an NPC pirate already knows you have cargo the second you jump into a system (which a player wouldn't) and instantly teleports behind you for interdiction (which a player can't).

Welcome to 2016. Literally means figuratively and objectively means 'my opinion is the right one'

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I scan asteroid belts. I know it's pointless but I just like to know.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hmmm. I was saving up for a Python, but considering combat is my thing, I'm thinking a Fer-de-lance might be more up my alley.

Thoughts?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

H13 posted:

Hmmm. I was saving up for a Python, but considering combat is my thing, I'm thinking a Fer-de-lance might be more up my alley.

Thoughts?

FDL is pretty great but make sure you A-rate that frame shift drive immediately as the jump range is pitiful otherwise.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

They're both good combat ships, so it comes entirely down to personal preference. I lean towards to Python being a PvE ship, and the FDL being more of a PvPer. That's coming mostly from my gut though, and might actually be complete bollocks.

It doesn't cost you that much to experiment, try them both and see which you prefer?

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Magmarashi posted:

Welcome to 2016. Literally means figuratively and objectively means 'my opinion is the right one'

No, you don't understand; I carefully measured the fun quotient of both the viper and the eagle on my fun-o-meter. The numbers don't lie.

JFC Goons.

On topic, I've tried both the FdL and the Python - I think I prefer the styling and maneuverability of the FdL, but the huge hardpoint is kind of a waste right now. Maybe it'll become awesome when Frontier release huge weapons that aren't cannons or PACs?

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
I see lots of people hating on huge cannons. I've never played with them. Why do they suck?

timn
Mar 16, 2010
The FDL is a lot of fun to fly because it behaves like a much smaller ship but still packs a lot of punch. The Python is down on speed and the flight model makes you work for it a little, but the hardpoint selection is nicer. If the C3 multicannons coming in 2.1 include a gimballed version, that's going to be some seriously hot poo poo and you'll be glad to have 3 large hardpoints. The Python is also much better as a multi-role ship if you sometimes want to cruise around the galaxy doing whatever. You can build a nice do-it-all package like this without much trouble.

Unrelated, class B stars are pretty, and this game is pretty:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

H13 posted:

I see lots of people hating on huge cannons. I've never played with them. Why do they suck?

The slow projectile speed makes it hard to hit things that aren't right in front of you. I think it feels kind of underpowered too.

timn
Mar 16, 2010

H13 posted:

Regular cannons of all size classes are pretty sucky because of the terrible projectile speed. Additionally, since C4 hardpoints are usually on the underside of ships (the corvette notably excepted), the gimbal C4 cannon is just awful to try to use. They do have a low power requirement and capacitor draw though which makes them a lot more flexible for outfitting, but I'm personally of the philosophy that if want to use C4 weapons at all then you should start with the PAC and then build around it.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

H13 posted:

Cannons in general are bad because they were overperforming in beta so in typical :frontear: style they nerfed everything about them heavily in a single pass; they got a reduction to projectile speed, reduction to amount of reserve ammo, reduction to damage done, and kinetic weapons got a broad (and significant) reduction in damage done to shields.

So now they're fairly weak, only good against hull and have a low projectile speed which makes it hard to actually hit anything with them anyway. There's no reason to use cannons over multicannons.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I just tried ghetto headtracking and it is pretty cool if not a bit silly looking

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

RabidWeasel posted:

There's no reason to use cannons over multicannons.

Compared to multis of the same class, cannons will do more damage against larger hulls, as their damage isn't penalized the way multis are. I forget the exact numbers, but a C2 multi does something like 66% of its damage against Large-sized hulls, whereas a C2 cannon will do its full damage.

Once they release multis larger than C2, then yeah, cannons will become a hard sell against them. Even now I'll usually take a C3 frag over a C3 cannon.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

DancingShade posted:

FDL is pretty great but make sure you A-rate that frame shift drive immediately as the jump range is pitiful otherwise no matter what.

Fixed

DancingShade posted:

You get bonuses for empire system + control system (specifically) + control/exploited system from 3 different sources. :toot:

Have you tested this or seen it tested? Apologies for being skeptical. I read it that way too originally, but every post I've seen on the subject has insisted otherwise. If true, that's loving awesome

Do you know how the bonuses interact? If it's additive and we get +160% just for being rank 2, I don't know if I care about maintaining rank 5. But if it's multiplicative, hooooo boy

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Eagle vs Viper, I absolutely loved flying both in my early career - ted Eagle is just so drat maneuverable that it's a joy to fly, and the Viper's blistering speed paired with solid firepower maked you feel like a finely tuned killing machine.

For a relatively cheap workhorse fighter, though, I prefer the DBS these days. Essentially you have the firepower of a Viper (better positioned!) and most the speed of one paired with most the agility of an Eagle, with the jump range of a Cobra. It's also tanky as hell and can be rigged for stealth. For a get-there-fast-and-get-poo poo-done type ship, that combination (and price, it's still relatively cheap to fit) is just drat hard to beat. Only thing it can't really do is haul cargo, and that's what the Cobra MKIII is for.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Daztek posted:

I just tried ghetto headtracking and it is pretty cool if not a bit silly looking

I saw this a week ago or so when i was investigating track ir type stuff for this game, I figured it probably didn't work well, but if you're saying it works well enough then I might try it...except I just realized my computer is hardwired and doesn't have Bluetooth so...crap. I don't know if I have a phone USB cord long enough.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

My friend who gave me his TrackIR after purchasing a DK2 actually regretted it enough to craft the ghetto version. His report was that it's 80% as good for $30, which is hard to beat

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fixed

Have you tested this or seen it tested? Apologies for being skeptical. I read it that way too originally, but every post I've seen on the subject has insisted otherwise. If true, that's loving awesome

Do you know how the bonuses interact? If it's additive and we get +160% just for being rank 2, I don't know if I care about maintaining rank 5. But if it's multiplicative, hooooo boy

That's cool, I have been known to be wrong about things.

For this I have definitely seen it myself. I wasn't originally testing but I stumbled across it by accident. You see I joined the Arissa's faction while I was grinding out High RES bounty hunting to maximise my return in HIP 20277 - a fantastic system for imperials because of the amazing outfitting and the gas giant rings full of RES sites 7 LS away from a station with a great shipyard. After accidentally blowing up a friendly with my Vulture I relocated to grind in HIP 35246 while my bounty expired over a week. Saw a noticeable boost to my expected turn in rates.

The big difference is HIP 20277 is merely exploited while HIP 35246 is a control system (also, terrible outfitting - it's a poo poo system apart from RES farming or buying a freighter). I was definitely seeing a better return after each belt run. It's not that dramatic though - it's strictly additive so even as a zero faction commander you'll get 140% returns in HIP 20277 but if you raise ADL rank to 2 you can get that to 160% in HIP 35246. I wouldn't recommend grinding ADL rank any higher because of the time investment it takes - just spend that time RES farming instead.

Also to be entirely honest, I think it's now easier to grind cash just stacking Metcalf Keep assault missions from Roskam Enterprises in Cubeo. Take an A-fitted Imperial Eagle with 3 dumbfire launchers and pretend you're playing Terminal Velocity from the 90s on your 486 DX2/66. Don't even bother hacking terminals, just fly back and get more missions.

You don't need to worry about stacking %s either, it's all just mission payouts.

I did this until I got Baron rank, bought my A-fitted military hull Imperial Clipper (loving amazing ship) and I swear the base assaults were easier in the iEagle because its smaller and less turret fire actually lands :v:

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 15, 2016

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

DancingShade posted:

That's cool, I have been known to be wrong about things.

For this I have definitely seen it myself. I wasn't originally testing but I stumbled across it by accident. You see I joined the Arissa's faction while I was grinding out High RES bounty hunting to maximise my return in HIP 20277 - a fantastic system for imperials because of the amazing outfitting and the gas giant rings full of RES sites 7 LS away from a station with a great shipyard. After accidentally blowing up a friendly with my Vulture I relocated to grind in HIP 35246 while my bounty expired over a week. Saw a noticeable boost to my expected turn in rates.

The big difference is HIP 20277 is merely exploited while HIP 35246 is a control system (also, terrible outfitting - it's a poo poo system apart from RES farming or buying a freighter). I was definitely seeing a better return after each belt run. It's not that dramatic though - it's strictly additive so even as a zero faction commander you'll get 140% returns in HIP 20277 but if you raise ADL rank to 2 you can get that to 160% in HIP 35246. I wouldn't recommend grinding ADL rank any higher because of the time investment it takes - just spend that time RES farming instead.

Also to be entirely honest, I think it's now easier to grind cash just stacking Metcalf Keep assault missions from Roskam Enterprises in Cubeo. Take an A-fitted Imperial Eagle with 3 dumbfire launchers and pretend you're playing Terminal Velocity from the 90s on your 486 DX2/66. Don't even bother hacking terminals, just fly back and get more missions.

You don't need to worry about stacking %s either, it's all just mission payouts.

I did this until I got Baron rank, bought my A-fitted military hull Imperial Clipper (loving amazing ship) and I swear the base assaults were easier in the iEagle because its smaller and less turret fire actually lands :v:

Well I got bored, and in a fit of complete madness I fit an Asp and set off to join the Distant Worlds expedition. I have zero exploration experience, so I'm sure this will be an unqualified success. Will post updates.

I appreciate the thorough answer though, that's awesome to know. I'm sure I'll return to Cubeo if I ever make it back to the bubble, because I do want that Clipper. Doing it with an Imperial Eagle sounds a hell of a lot more fun than an Asp. I'll definitely check out HIP 35246 as well once I get Baron, too, because with a Python or Anaconda the income you make in a good HAZRES is insane

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Well I got bored, and in a fit of complete madness I fit an Asp and set off to join the Distant Worlds expedition. I have zero exploration experience, so I'm sure this will be an unqualified success. Will post updates.

I appreciate the thorough answer though, that's awesome to know. I'm sure I'll return to Cubeo if I ever make it back to the bubble, because I do want that Clipper. Doing it with an Imperial Eagle sounds a hell of a lot more fun than an Asp. I'll definitely check out HIP 35246 as well once I get Baron, too, because with a Python or Anaconda the income you make in a good HAZRES is insane

My one "randomly explore poo poo" journey into the wilds was in a Cobra Mk III. So long as you're packing an auto repair module or two you should be fine. If you manage to avoid jumping into a binary heat death trap you probably won't even need them. Oh yeah, and get into the habit of refuelling every jump no matter how much fuel you have left. It saves you when you get distracted by Venture Bros on your other screen or something and not your fuel gauge.

Also nobody scans asteroid belts (for good reason) so if you want to stick your name somewhere, scan those :v:

Imperial Eagle is probably my favorite ship of all. Slap another fuel tank in there and you can even kind of fly a semi reasonable distance! Plus that rebuy is laughably small so you never worry about doing crazy things in it.

Just bailed on the empire to start grinding Federal reputation since the Corvette is sexier than the Cutter (IMO). It's sooo much loving easier to spam donation missions, imperial rep actually took a semblance of effort :psyduck:

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 15, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Longbaugh01 posted:

I saw this a week ago or so when i was investigating track ir type stuff for this game, I figured it probably didn't work well, but if you're saying it works well enough then I might try it...except I just realized my computer is hardwired and doesn't have Bluetooth so...crap. I don't know if I have a phone USB cord long enough.

You can use wifi, your PC and phone just have to be on the same network. I saw it as a silly gimmick but it actually works pretty well

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

LCL-Dead posted:

Joystick talk:

I look over at my $27 Logitech Extreme 3D Pro every time I see someone flame out about Saitek or some other $$$ joystick, then I give it a gentle caress for having lasted through the last 3 years of punishment without giving up on me.

Maybe someday I'll add a CH throttle.

Curses! I decided to get a warthog, as, even with the beta drivers, everything turns to sludge with the saitek plugged in.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Ok I did the smartphone headtracking thing. Holy poo poo.

Initial setup was pretty easy, but I have a hugeass LG2 so it feels like there's a brick on top of my headset and head.

Ended up spending hours fiddling with the settings in the Accela filter. Like 2 hours, I'm not kidding. Most of it spent in the Hangar Bay moving my head around and then alt-tabbing to adjust various sliders. No matter what I did I could not get rid of jitters. Tried all sorts of things. Re-calibrated my magnetometer, moved the phone in a figure 8, etc. etc. I say gently caress it it's good enough let's launch...

...it got way worse after launching. I'm like what the gently caress. I look at task manager and realize just how much CPU % E:D is actually taking up, but I wonder if lowering the graphics will help. Nope, everything looks as lovely as possible now but the drat headtracking jitters are still there!

I get a bright idea and elevate the CPU priority for the Open Tracker program.

It works like a drat magic spell and instantly all the jitters went away. I proceed to spend more time fine-tuning the tracking settings. So it's like 4 am at this point and I finally go to a Nav Beacon to do some hunting.

I've never tried headtracking at all so it feels like a completely new and alien world. It's nuts. I was just getting used to combat and flying in E:D and all of a sudden it feels like I'm starting from scratch, but not necessarily in a bad way. Headtracking is loving awesome! I just need to get better at not getting lost tracking a target and poo poo. Also, I'm ditching my fixed multi-cannons for gimbaled because gently caress that when trying to re-learn how to shoots ship.

Daztek posted:

You can use wifi, your PC and phone just have to be on the same network. I saw it as a silly gimmick but it actually works pretty well

Yeah, I have no idea why I thought that. My brain must be fried from work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

DancingShade posted:

My one "randomly explore poo poo" journey into the wilds was in a Cobra Mk III. So long as you're packing an auto repair module or two you should be fine. If you manage to avoid jumping into a binary heat death trap you probably won't even need them. Oh yeah, and get into the habit of refuelling every jump no matter how much fuel you have left. It saves you when you get distracted by Venture Bros on your other screen or something and not your fuel gauge.

Also nobody scans asteroid belts (for good reason) so if you want to stick your name somewhere, scan those :v:

Imperial Eagle is probably my favorite ship of all. Slap another fuel tank in there and you can even kind of fly a semi reasonable distance! Plus that rebuy is laughably small so you never worry about doing crazy things in it.

Just bailed on the empire to start grinding Federal reputation since the Corvette is sexier than the Cutter (IMO). It's sooo much loving easier to spam donation missions, imperial rep actually took a semblance of effort :psyduck:

I ended up with this. It's as disaster proof as I could afford, only thing I can't fix is hull damage. I'm just under the 33.4ly minimum jump range to make the last leg of the trip, but I'll have plenty of time to scratch up materials for a jump boost before then. And yeah, if I'm spending months flying 64k ly and back, I'm putting my name on some poo poo. Scan ALL the belts :derp:

I don't think I've flown either eagle honestly, the NPC ones shred like paper so in my early days I hopped straight into a viper. Will definitely check out the iggle when I come back, I was enjoying my Courier and it sounds like a high-octane edition of same.

At some point I want access to both the Cutter and the Corvette, because the Cutter is a beautiful space truckin' dream. But it remains to be seen if I have the stamina to reach the required rank for either, let alone both, and for the actual combat role they're supposedly designed for... that vette. :swoon: You're too right about the grind, I seriously hosed myself by grinding Chief Petty Officer for the FAS first. Now that I know how fast donations missions go the Imperial rep sources are loving agonizing.

• Locked thread