Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

It's funny because if you've been banned you can't use the site to communicate.

I don't even think they're aware of this, and won't ever be because banned people will NEVER be able to tell them about it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

sandi hosed up the beer situation so bad that it forced cig to shut 'er down

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Toops posted:

"Fleshing" out some of the options you guys.

Please make it so that if you have the slider on carebear, weapons do 0 damage.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Homeless Santa just updated the forum TOS. I don't have the old one to compare it to but these stuck out to me as being based on recent events for some reason!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Do not contact developers or Customer Service directly about bans. All forum bans are automatically reviewed by the community team. Developers post to the forums as a courtesy. They are here to answer your questions and to seek out your design input. They have a game to make and do NOT have time to take part in your drama. Anyone PMing the Customer Service department, Chris, Jared or others to complain about moderation may have their ban extended. If you have an issue with moderation decisions, you may submit a ticket to Community Management here. Be aware that we will examine your entire posting history and will apply probation as we deem appropriate. Contacting Community Management is NOT a ‘get out of jail free’ card, and as many probation decisions are already reviewed by Community Management prior to being applied, you may expect the probation to be upheld in most cases.

Just wow. Up is down. Down is up. Left is right. Right is left... etc etc etc. Now watch the Brown sea lap it up. The sky is pink. Leprechauns hoard pots of constelations. Dubya was the greatest President the US ever had. Star Citizen is the greatest game ever undertaken... *puts gun to head* :suicide:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Why are they even banning people? I thought Star Citizen had no trolls

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
MMMM NO

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Galarox posted:

Dubya was the greatest President the US ever had.

You're a loving idiot. Not for holding whatever political opinions you hold, but for bringing them ITT.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

cig cant risk another pr disaster like sandi gardener (vp of marketing and head of customer service), good on them for identifying the issue at least.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Homeless Santa just updated the forum TOS. I don't have the old one to compare it to but these stuck out to me as being based on recent events for some reason!

Man oh man. Customer support is such a point of pride at CIG, and Sandi has done such a good job with it, that if you ever share your interactions with them you will be summarily banned.

I like that instead of trying to not sound like crazy people in their communications with customers, they just decided to pin it on the customers themselves. Less work that way :downs:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hahahaha

this game is so so so hosed

i cant look away

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hey sandi or whoever reads this thread at CIG

fire sandi

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

AugmentedVision posted:

You're a loving idiot. Not for holding whatever political opinions you hold, but for bringing them ITT.

Hell I was on a roll and slightly drunk. Didn't mean to offend. Go Trump!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

boviscopophobic posted:

The promotion is geared toward getting existing backers to whale themselves in again. So we should expect to see both the fleet and the funding climb together, while the rate of increase of new accounts ("fans") should remain unaffected. The numbers are consistent with this scenario, and since I think it's already clear that a large proportion of the backer population has rather poor judgement, I don't see any firm evidence to think that the latest funding spike is fake.

We'll probably never get firm evidence but this whole system smells so incredibly off. I have the feeling this data is not 1:1 with their revenue but probably based on an predictive model that's very open to manipulation. Kind of like their "# of ships in universe = cost" model - it's a real model but really is a system that exists to legitimize the predatory marketing. I see no reason to believe the fundraising stats are not the same exact thing

They have way to much to lose by feeding real purchase data in. It just makes no sense to take that risk when you can achieve the same using a model you control completely. I doubt they would face accusations of fraud for using an algorithm to predicts hourly fundraising as long as they've made no specific claims of accuracy. It exists as an entertaining novelty and not a financial statement - it just happens that it's in their best interest to keep the totals high to maintain the illusion that they are delivering value for money.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Congratulations, Sandi. Please have Chris return those flowers to whatever grave he stole them off of.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
customer service does NOT have time to take part in your drama

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Congratulations, Sandi. Please have Chris return those flowers to whatever grave he stole them off of.

At risk of offending Augmentedvision I will say he stole them from Karl Marx's grave ;)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

i think its fair to say that cig has confirmed that the beer emails are real

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Disco Huckaby: Godwinning himself since 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
the amount of contempt for people who have given you $106m and your job (especially Huckaby, Lesnick, Sandi) is unreal

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Google Butt posted:

Anyone with a modicum of sanity (which discounts the majority of the brown sea and reddit) knows they are real. Why is there even any debate about this?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

dear CIG employee

sorry no new stimpire adventure comix today, but it is coming

oh yes it is

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Google Butt posted:

Has anyone showed /r/starcitizen the e-mails where Sandi literally sent screenshots of this thread?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Galarox posted:

Anyone with a modicum of sainty (which discounts the majority of the brown sea and reddit) knows they are real. Why is there even any debate about this?

my posts are meant to be read by cig staff and redditors who read this thread

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The lack of trolls is why what topics are permitted needs to be constantly curtailed.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Gilganixon posted:

dear CIG employee

sorry no new stimpire adventure comix today, but it is coming

oh yes it is

Oh gawd. I cant wait :f5:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Google Butt posted:

my posts are meant to be read by cig staff and redditors who read this thread

anyone who doesn't post this way is posting in this thread wrong imo.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I forgot to mention. The whole game being split into 5 parts was before the next game, enemy lines, was announced.

So you have 2 games now probably, split into 5 pieces. There is a mention of a third game after that, possibly a fourth.

It's a good deal guys, you're getting like 20 games in 1.

108 million dollar company is being swayed by this thread will never not be hilarious.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Re: Funding- hasn't it been determined that the absolute minimum/baseline day to day income barring sales and whatnot is around 25-30,000 dollars? Could this be an extrapolation of the monthly subscriber income divided by the days in the month? I'm not sure what the monthly price is but given there's 1 million "accounts" and if 10% of those accounts are subscribers, it might be reasonable that the baseline revenue is accurate.

That being said, I have a real hard time believing there are that many accounts and that many subscribers given loving nobody is playing this game or watching the streams. Even for their big-event -con streams with all the major reveals they only max out at what, 10,000 viewers? Out of a "community" of 1 million? Such a large community that the average concurrent AC players are less than some games that are over 10 years old?

Something doesn't add up.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I wanna label newly discovered planets in ED as stimpire 1-3 & 5-7 so that people go looking for the fourth stimpire. :v:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

ah the traditional valentine's day colors of violet and green

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Lime Tonics posted:

108 million dollar company is being swayed by this thread will never not be hilarious.

Well Sandi seems to have her talons in a lot of the company's marketing and public relations (which I think she read as "pubic relations" when she took the job; would explain a lot). Since she's a 48 year old (give or take a souldrain) woman with a 12-year old girl's mentality, it's not surprising the limit of her understanding of internet opinions is "MAKE THEM STOP BEING MEANIES!" I mean poo poo, her twitter posts are basically "look at me someone likes me enough to give me flowers and also look I take martial arts". Most fathers find out their daughters post poo poo like that and say "Honey, cut this poo poo out - you look like an rear end in a top hat." For her, that is how you run a company. New forum rules to cover your own fuckups, etc. She goes out of her way to read threads all over the web to see if anyone's being mean, then reacts completely transparently to those events (hiring Money). She's the Jessi Slaughter of marketing.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm really enjoying the gently caress out of Elite. I think I'm gonna grab the Horizons pass. Almost everything CIG wants to do, and functional, for 45 bucks total. Go gently caress yourself, Chris.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Who the gently caress is Money? What is his title? What does he do?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ash1138 posted:

ah the traditional valentine's day colors of violet and green

That poster wasn't joking, those are funeral flowers.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wow, look what I came home to after marine biology training!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

AugmentedVision posted:

video editor I think?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AugmentedVision posted:

Resident video editor, iirc.
So why he keeps appearing in front of the camera is a bit of a mystery (well, aside from the obvious reason).

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
What was his hiring in response to? The Gillian Anderson interview being poo poo?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Here's a game that is basically the antithesis of Star Citizen: a medieval-based game with probably the most tight-lipped development you can imagine and they *gasp* don't plan on releasing the game until it's completed. This old-ish video is their latest thing they revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-wYZvApOmE

Bannerlord is gonna kick rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

AugmentedVision posted:

What was his hiring in response to? The Gillian Anderson interview being poo poo?

he showed up exactly around the same time sandi was accused of being racist, its crazy

• Locked thread