Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

The Vosgian Beast posted:

That's an urban legend. There's no proof, or even allegations, that Dan Schneider is a kidtoucher. It's just a 4chan meme that got out of hand because he looks like the kind of person who would be a pedophile.

I'd only heard about him through this thread, and I just assumed that's what was being said. I'll edit my post since that's a lovely allegation to sling at someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
People in Iceland tried to make a romantic comedy for geeks. I don't know why. I wrote about it. Here's my review of Astropia.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

That wheel of the worst was so loving awkward; a cynical VHS cash in, some guys incredibly awkward work of love & a complete and utter psychopaths work of love. How would you even be able to say what the best of the worst was?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Testekill posted:

That wheel of the worst was so loving awkward; a cynical VHS cash in, some guys incredibly awkward work of love & a complete and utter psychopaths work of love. How would you even be able to say what the best of the worst was?

I do have to side with them by choosing the third film just because it was the most insane of the three. Honestly is there anything even close to how batshit Exploding Varmints was in terms of, well, everything? I know the treestand safety video had someone shooting a deer but like 99.9% of it was actual information on setting up tree stands and poo poo.

Moartoast posted:

Every fetish is goofy and dumb, sex stuff is goofy and dumb in general, it's just a matter of what's respectably dumb and what's genuinely harmful.

On the pure wackiness scale, cuckoldry is basically nothing. Its definition is generally rooted in dated gender/sexual politics, but not in an inherently harmful way, so it's whatever. MRAs latched onto extreme fear and shaming of it because it means that *gasp* the be-all-end-all of male sexuality is not, in fact, being a unempathetic controlling skeezer with a one-dimensional view of sexuality, relationships and gender.

These are immensely redundant things to say to a halfway-decent person, but to MRAs, they're entirely taboo thoughts.

As I said earlier anyone who accuses another of cuckoldry is the one who is far more afraid of their crush having sex with another man. Nobody online who is actually getting laid is gonna accuse another of being cuckolded.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

What caliber of bullet were those people using to make those things explode anyway? Surely that stuff was over-kill for prairie dogs and stuff like that.

"Oh no, we got varmints again! Time to strap the ol' 105mm tank cannon to the side of my pick-up and go huntin' me some varmints!"

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Jimbot posted:

What caliber of bullet were those people using to make those things explode anyway? Surely that stuff was over-kill for prairie dogs and stuff like that.

"Oh no, we got varmints again! Time to strap the ol' 105mm tank cannon to the side of my pick-up and go huntin' me some varmints!"

That was the point. The whole thing was a power trip, hence all the guffawing and creepy psychotic voice overs.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Jimbot posted:

Anything bigger than a .22 will probably make them explode. They arent very big.

Just watched it and he was using .223 55 grain ballistic tip ammo, so not very big.

They also had a 22-250 which is same size bullet, but more power behind it.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 14, 2016

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

JB50 posted:

Anything bigger than a .22 will probably make them explode. They arent very big.

Looked like they were using deer hunting rifles to me.

And why the gently caress is someone using something besides a .22 or .17 to hunt prairie dogs, gophers, squirrels, etc? As I mentioned earlier that's all I use and it's more than plenty. But the answer is obvious: He's a sociopath/psychopath and while they were joking about keeping that video as evidence for when he inevitably shoots up a place I don't think they're 100% off-base.

Baka-nin posted:

That was the point. The whole thing was a power trip, hence all the guffawing and creepy psychotic voice overs.

That video is pretty much to a T the whole "This is what the rest of the world thinks of America" meme.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Tracula posted:

And why the gently caress is someone using something besides a .22 or .17 to hunt prairie dogs, gophers, squirrels, etc? As I mentioned earlier that's all I use and it's more than plenty. But the answer is obvious: He's a sociopath/psychopath and while they were joking about keeping that video as evidence for when he inevitably shoots up a place I don't think they're 100% off-base.

That video is pretty much to a T the whole "This is what the rest of the world thinks of America" meme.

.223 is not much bigger than a .22 and prairie dog hunting is a pretty popular pastime for lots of people. They breed like rabbits and are a real problem for ranchers and farmers.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

JB50 posted:

.223 is not much bigger than a .22 and prairie dog hunting is a pretty popular pastime for lots of people. They breed like rabbits and are a real problem for ranchers and farmers.

The creepy part is how much the guy was getting off on killing them, whether or not he was actually doing a service for farmers.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

TheMaestroso posted:

The creepy part is how much the guy was getting off on killing them, whether or not he was actually doing a service for farmers.

Everybody gets excited when they hit their target. From the parts of the full video I watched, I think RLM pulled the only parts where he gets really excited. Hes really mellow in the rest of it.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 14, 2016

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005
There's a difference between getting excited and getting so wound up you probably have to go jerk off in farmer Ben's hay.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

JB50 posted:

Everybody gets excited when they hit their target. From the parts of the full video I watched, I think RLM pulled the only parts where he gets really excited. Hes really mellow in the rest of it.

I think what you're saying is that we should all be careful not to let you know our real names. Possibly.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

All I know is they need to look for Part 2

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

JB50 posted:

.223 is not much bigger than a .22

Uh.

You're REALLY gonna compare a .223 and a .22 round?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Tracula posted:

Uh.

You're REALLY gonna compare a .223 and a .22 round?

The bullet diameter, yes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

"Aw, that prairie dog is gonna get shot :shobon:"

*black square rockets up nearly 5 feet*

:stonk:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Booga posted:

Rich Evans needs to up his game beyond making fun of AIDS and autistic people. As charmingly ignorant as it was it's now getting old and makes him look really lovely.

I think he should do it more, personally.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Booga posted:

Rich Evans needs to up his game beyond making fun of AIDS and autistic people. As charmingly ignorant as it was it's now getting old and makes him look really lovely.

Agreed, he needs to make some jokes about autistic people with AIDS.

And yeah, that varmint video was really hosed up :stare:

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

Tracula posted:

As I said earlier anyone who accuses another of cuckoldry is the one who is far more afraid of their crush having sex with another man. Nobody online who is actually getting laid is gonna accuse another of being cuckolded.

I really wish that were true, but I have no doubt that there are many, many of these people that have managed to rope women into toxic relationships with them, and their violent loving Moron accusations tend to reflect the extremely lovely ways they handle the relationships they weaseled their way into. Remember, these are the kinds of people who write/read entire books about psychologically manipulating people who don't want to sleep with them into sleeping with them.

I've also been in close enough proximity to a variety of creeps to know that they tend to be good at hiding how lovely they are until you get pretty close to them :(

Booga posted:

RLM's generally been playing the faux-edgy offensive humour up to an insufferable degree lately, but at the same time, it's Rich Evans. Dude's a total caricature of a sheltered middle-aged goober from Milwaukee and everyone knows it, himself included. Even when he gets genuinely upset that people point out that he says lovely things, it's hilariously impossible to take seriously, because he's Dick The Birthday Boy.

I mean, poo poo, even for how kinda-done i am with their humour, nothing they said could measure up to the sheer trauma of watching actual small animals explode into paste while listening to NorCal Patrick Bateman violently masturbating over the gore. We can only hope they never find anything worse in their unmarked anonymous VHS pile :gonk:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Spark That Bled posted:

Poe's Law in action?

Now that's the Star Wars spinoff I want to see:
Poe Dameron: Ace Pilot by day, Ace Attorney by night! Coming this fall to ABC!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Mike sounding upset and laughing awkwardly to try to make sense of why someone would create exploding varmints part 1 gives me hope that he isn't as broken and depressed as he acts

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I think he should do it more, personally.

AIDS jokes do have a habit of multiplying and spreading, sometimes out of control.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

Mike sounding upset and laughing awkwardly to try to make sense of why someone would create exploding varmints part 1 gives me hope that he isn't as broken and depressed as he acts

It was kind of cute to see his eyes watering up a little as the video went on. He clearly seemed the most bothered by it.

Jay just laughs. Jay's that affable, likable guy. He's up for anything, be it a trip to the movie star or the extermination of lesser races. Don't bother Jay none.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Tracula posted:

joking about keeping that video as evidence for when he inevitably shoots up a place I don't think they're 100% off-base.

Given how long ago the video was made-- and how many shootings per year there are in the States-- there's a good, non-zero chance that has already happened.

=(

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Moartoast posted:

RLM's generally been playing the faux-edgy offensive humour up to an insufferable degree lately, but at the same time, it's Rich Evans. Dude's a total caricature of a sheltered middle-aged goober from Milwaukee and everyone knows it, himself included. Even when he gets genuinely upset that people point out that he says lovely things, it's hilariously impossible to take seriously, because he's Dick The Birthday Boy.

I mean, poo poo, even for how kinda-done i am with their humour, nothing they said could measure up to the sheer trauma of watching actual small animals explode into paste while listening to NorCal Patrick Bateman violently masturbating over the gore. We can only hope they never find anything worse in their unmarked anonymous VHS pile :gonk:

Rich Evans probably was what saved them from people constantly asking them where in the heck was the next Plinkett Review and helped them branch more. Also, unlike The Cinema Snob's crew, his fuckedness seems to be contained within the studio/camera as a performer and not pull awful poo poo to folk around him behind cameras.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I don't mind Rich Evan's sense of humor because it doesn't seem malicious at all. That doesn't make it alright but it's a lot easier a pill to swallow.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

I don't mind Rich Evan's sense of humor because it doesn't seem malicious at all. That doesn't make it alright but it's a lot easier a pill to swallow.

That sense of humor just ain't alright alright.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Moartoast posted:

he's Dick The Birthday Boy.

I didn't know that photo was of Rich Evans, but there it is.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

JB50 posted:

The bullet diameter, yes.

Except that a .223 is going to be flying at a much higher velocity with all that kick behind it compared to a .22. Doesn't matter how big the bullet's diameter is, that charge is going to blow the gently caress out of a small animal.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

WickedHate posted:

Yea the fact that he seems to have this almost childish glee at just shouting "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDS" makes me really have trouble hating on the dude. He's super clearly just being a dumbass because he genuinely thinks it's funny to gently caress with his friends by shouting "I hope the mushroom man died of AAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDS" or whatever. Same with Mike's deadpan poo poo like 'he actually killed himself, by falling down the stairs later'. It's just impossible for me to find any actual malice in it, they're just two idiots loving with their friends and I don't think they've ever claimed to be more.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea the fact that he seems to have this almost childish glee at just shouting "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDS" makes me really have trouble hating on the dude. He's super clearly just being a dumbass because he genuinely thinks it's funny to gently caress with his friends by shouting "I hope the mushroom man died of AAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDS" or whatever. Same with Mike's deadpan poo poo like 'he actually killed himself, by falling down the stairs later'. It's just impossible for me to find any actual malice in it, they're just two idiots loving with their friends and I don't think they've ever claimed to be more.

My only actual issue is that in the latest Wheel of the Worst they ran the jokes into the ground a bit hard. I'm fine with them making aids and Cosby jokes but they did it just a little too much. I'm not offended or anything, they just got stale after a while. I do love when Rich just says something batshit insane and nobody knows how to react though like when he was silent for sometime and all he says is "I'm sorry. I was just thinking about bashing someones head with the butt of a rifle."

Kunster posted:

Also, unlike The Cinema Snob's crew, his fuckedness seems to be contained within the studio/camera as a performer and not pull awful poo poo to folk around him behind cameras.

Does Brad really keep shite company so much anymore? He's not appeared on Radiodrome anymore with my favorite internet personality of all time Josh Hadley (Hi Josh!) I never got the vibe that Brad himself was a bad guy. Some hosed up tastes and opinions on stuff, sure, but never maliciously awful or anything.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Tracula posted:

Does Brad really keep shite company so much anymore? He's not appeared on Radiodrome anymore with my favorite internet personality of all time Josh Hadley (Hi Josh!) I never got the vibe that Brad himself was a bad guy. Some hosed up tastes and opinions on stuff, sure, but never maliciously awful or anything.

It was less than a year ago that he had to cut ties with one of Team Snob because the dude wormed his way into Brad's relationship with Brad's then-girlfriend which culminated in her suggesting to Brad they all live together in a Brother-Husbands-type situation.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I didn't mind the jokes so much, it was more the tone of that episode: it was just unpleasant. It reminded me of their "Ghostbusters 2" commentary right after Harold Ramis' death in just how mean-spirited and cynical it came across.

I'm still a big fan of RLM, but I don't plan on revisiting that episode WotW.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
I'm afraid to believe it's going to be quasi-semi-regular again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6eHvcShziw

But TBH the skits are unfunny and it takes halfway through the video to begin explaining the actual game.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

DeusExMachinima posted:

I'm afraid to believe it's going to be quasi-semi-regular again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6eHvcShziw

But TBH the skits are unfunny and it takes halfway through the video to begin explaining the actual game.

This is an old one I'm afraid. He just re-uploaded it.

This one feeds into the glorious VCR golf review and onwards to the very satisfying 'gone birding' cumulation of the Black Hole of Board Games.

He never did Rap Rat though :(

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Brad takes a look at Second Glance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9GNcX6n3Rs Starring the guy who runs Pure Flicks. It's a Christian version of It's A Wonderful Life from 1992

ANd I just realized typing that out how stupid that is.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

BigRed0427 posted:

Brad takes a look at Second Glance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9GNcX6n3Rs Starring the guy who runs Pure Flicks. It's a Christian version of It's A Wonderful Life from 1992

ANd I just realized typing that out how stupid that is.

Remember, if your parents divorced, it's because you did not pray hard enough.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEgAzJ6CS-A

Phelan, Brad, and I talk about a killer cat movie called Strays!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
The Irish lad at OSW have made another film review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd5XpcKBCI8

The Room

• Locked thread