Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Squallege posted:

So is Super Saiyan God stronger than Super Saiyan Blue?

As I understand it, SSG is basically what happens when a Saiyan ascends to that level. Blue is just what happens when they go Super Saiyan after hitting that level.

But I could be wrong. (I'm probably wrong.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I think SSG ended up being more like an upgrade, like Gohan's potential being unlocked, even though they thought it was a transformation. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is a transformation after having that upgrade.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

-Fish- posted:

Meanwhile TeamFourStar is considering remastering old episodes during their free time, including the possibility of updated scripts.
https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/698643918666117120

This is good news, those early episodes are fairly terrible. Though, I would rather they just press on forward. The Cell Saga is the lamest Saga, I would really like them to get to the Buu saga, there is a lot better material there for them to work with.

Squallege posted:

So is Super Saiyan God stronger than Super Saiyan Blue?

When SSJ Red Goku fought Bearus, it was said their battle could destroy the entire universe. When Goku fought Golden Frieza as SSJ Blue, at full power, there was no such problem. SSJ Red is clearly on a different level, SSJ Blue is just a linear upgrade like SSJ4.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rutibex posted:

This is good news, those early episodes are fairly terrible. Though, I would rather they just press on forward. The Cell Saga is the lamest Saga, I would really like them to get to the Buu saga, there is a lot better material there for them to work with.

When SSJ Red Goku fought Bearus, it was said their battle could destroy the entire universe. When Goku fought Golden Frieza as SSJ Blue, at full power, there was no such problem. SSJ Red is clearly on a different level, SSJ Blue is just a linear upgrade like SSJ4.

I am the same way, but maybe they probably kept the master copy of the videos around, so they only need to update the voices and lip syncing, which would mean it wouldn't take that long to make compared to the new episodes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Goku was destroying the universe because he couldn't control his power. He literally learned to do that while fighting in that battle which is why it isn't an issue with blue.

Also Golden Frieza isn't a God, he's just hilariously absurdly powerful.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Nah I think its stated that SSB > SSG

The fight w frieza not destroying anything is just 1) Cause the golden frieza fight sucked 2) par for the course in db. character get stronger and stronger but a lot of times the damage caused is the same or less

Also gently caress all yall cell saga rules. Buu does too but cell is great, especially for parody purposes

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The Cell Saga is peak DBZ, ain't no arguing that. Everything was running on all cylinders, great start to finish.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Parrotine posted:

The Buu Saga is peak DBZ, ain't no arguing that. Everything was running on all cylinders, great start to finish.

mmm mmm

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Does anyone have a link to a collection of the posts someone made about how Toriyama is a really good artist?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Pureauthor posted:

Does anyone have a link to a collection of the posts someone made about how Toriyama is a really good artist?

Around here

They're organized better here

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Thanks a bunch!

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

jivjov posted:

Well of course. You can't let the audience self-insert characters not play as the new forms!

I don't get it. Possibly because they're shaded the same colour as the paper in a pseudo black-and-white thing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Bloodly posted:

I don't get it. Possibly because they're shaded the same colour as the paper in a pseudo black-and-white thing.

The eyes give it away; the stand-in saiyan boy and girl characters are using Super Saiyan God form.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I hope that game gives us SSG forms for Vegeta, Future Trunks, Broly, Gohan, etc

The whole 'less bulky' thing plus not having traditional SSJ hair could look really neat on some characters

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The subs for the new DBSuper are, uh...sure something.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mods please rename me senorita tits

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

the culminator posted:

1) Cause the golden frieza fight sucked 2) par for the course in db. character get stronger and stronger but a lot of times the damage caused is the same or less

Agreed, that fight had zero tension and the scale of power was completely wrong.

How the heck was Frieza able to surprise them? The second he transformed into his golden form during his training everyone in the universe should have been able to sense him. The Nameks sensed perfect Cells transformation from across the universe, and he wasn't even close to as powerful, and Majin Buu sensed Gohan from the friggin afterlife. These are supposed to be big cosmic powers, yet they couldn't sense Frieza until he was in orbit of Earth.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Are we sure Frieza wasn't using god Kai? They stated in BoG that you couldn't even hurt someone with God Kai without having it yourself.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Z fighters could still tell that Frieza was extremely strong, where as you can't sense God Ki at all if you can't use it.

The BoG thing might be that you'd basically have to be a god to even stand a chance of hurting Beerus, not that you actually have to have god ki to hurt him.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Momomo posted:

Are we sure Frieza wasn't using god Kai? They stated in BoG that you couldn't even hurt someone with God Kai without having it yourself.

Energy attacks wouldn't work, Vegeta was able to punch Beerus just fine.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

That was clearly bullshit though. Vegeta, though barely, did manage to hurt and surprise Beerus as just a regular old SSJ, and by the end of it Goku had burned through his God Ki and was just massively powered up. Everyone could sense his ki again, yet he gave Beerus an even harder fight.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
To back up Josuke,

Vegeta was able to deck Beerus in the face when he was in SSJ .

Beaten but yeah. Freeza didn't have God Kai at all.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Goku wishes he was Freeza, some days.

To be able to leap from being relatively puny in terms of power to exceeding Gods within four months and barely any effort, that is Goku's dream.

One day Goku is going to wish Freeza back to life and then wish to switch bodies with him.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

I don't think being a god makes you invulnerable to mortals. Canceling energy blasts is not a power of being a god, that's Beerus power in particular. As the god of destruction he is able to "destroy" anything, and that includes energy attacks. Another god, that wasn't the god of destruction, wouldn't be able to do that.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Vegeta also got god power all by himself, which you aren't supposed to be able to do. I think that's more on Vegeta than anything else.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95hzQGiKiEg

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Can't believe Jaco busted out the 21-foot rule on genkkeman like that.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Is it just me or has the super anime been looking even worse lately

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Momomo posted:

Vegeta also got god power all by himself, which you aren't supposed to be able to do. I think that's more on Vegeta than anything else.

I thought they explained that as vegeta having a little bit of god ki from when they powered up goku. that'd also allow for the other saiyans to do ssg stuff later in super

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Is it just me or has the super anime been looking even worse lately

Bulma and the background inside the ship looked really crappy.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
TFS's youtube reached 2 mil youtube subscribers so just like they said in the December movie countdown they're doing a World's Strongest remake

Rekka
Feb 1, 2004

oh god, it's.... THE DOOOO!
so Super Saiyan Blue Vegito would kick Beerus rear end, right?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rekka posted:

so Super Saiyan Blue Vegito would kick Beerus rear end, right?

Vegito is the most absurdly powerful character in all of Dragonball. He was toying around with Super Double Ultimate Buu in his base form, Vegito never even bothered to max out and go ssj3 (and he certainly knew how), which would have multiplied his power even more.

That's half the reason DB Super fights haven't had much tension, it feels like if they don't break out Vegito they aern't really worried/trying.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Vegito is the most absurdly powerful character in all of Dragonball. He was toying around with Super Double Ultimate Buu in his base form, Vegito never even bothered to max out and go ssj3 (and he certainly knew how), which would have multiplied his power even more.

That's half the reason DB Super fights haven't had much tension, it feels like if they don't break out Vegito they aern't really worried/trying.

you make a lot of strange posts

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Goku straight up says in battle of gods that Beerus>Vegetto

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rutibex posted:

The Potara earrings were destroyed so it is impossible for them to break out Vegito.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chickenfrogman posted:

Goku straight up says in battle of gods that Beerus>Vegetto

Mere speculation by Goku! At that point he couldn't even sense Berus godly Ki, he had no way of knowing his full strength. He also didn't really know the full power of Vegito either, when he was fused he only ever toyed around with Buu, Vegito never tried to max out his power like Gotenks did.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The Potara earrings were destroyed so it is impossible for them to break out Vegito.

The Grand Kai is wearing a pair.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rutibex posted:

The Grand Kai is wearing a pair.

Plus, you know, dragonballs.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This is a dumb request, but anyone got that picture showing Goku getting a spirit ball from a Limp Bizkit concert?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Rirse posted:

This is a dumb request, but anyone got that picture showing Goku getting a spirit ball from a Limp Bizkit concert?

There you go.

• Locked thread