Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

We did our nice dinner on Wednesday, so tonight we just had cheap steaks and now I'm suffering through the Bachelor.

Before last year we used to do "valentines dinner" on other nights as well. We don't do the same food for 300% markup but it comes with a rose scam. She worked in a floral shop during college so she's hip to the holiday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

woo i got a proper buzz going that doesnt happen often

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Grabbed pizza with the girlfriend and played through Firewatch on the big TV downstairs.

:yeah:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Safety Dance posted:

My wife and I saw Deadpool (yes, it's amazing) earlier today, and we're ordering Chinese food and watching something on Netflix tonight. I think I have her convinced that Chinese food and a movie in is so much better than going out on holidays.

We usually do takeout on most holidays, and we were going to do Chinese today...but after having her parents visit for a week neither of us can stand the thought of any form of take out right now.

So steak dinner and Hannibal burress' new special on Netflix. Deadpool tomorrow.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yesterday we saw Deadpool and ate at a Chinese buffet. Today was all working on the bus while she enjoyed watching a few movies. V-day is also her B-day so we celebrate the day before, usually.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

T-Square posted:

I beat Pokemon Snap on N64 in one sitting today, and then I saw Deadpool. A good day.

Chimichangas!

This was the menu supplement at the theater I saw Deadpool at (they have full table service inside the theater). Linked since one word is mildly :nws: if someone doesn't know the movie.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

sometimes i regret that all i can do on days like this is drink

but then i actually get drunk and its not so bad

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Got up early, flew the fam to New Orleans for benets then lunch at Masparos then flew back, cooked lasagna, watched The Walking Dead. A glass of Buffalo Trace.

A good day.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Tide posted:

benets

Do you mean beignets?

Nachos with the fam, and then I watched spectre after everyone went to bed.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Been visiting my parents on vacation, did the BMW driving school with my Dad last week, watched a lot of Roadkill, and he and I went to see Deadpool.

It's like I'm encouraging him to get a project car for the first time in decades, and also taking advantage of the fact that both my mother and my wife dislike movies! A good vacation.

And there are a lot of breweries to visit.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

every time my dad and i talk about cars he talks about how he wants to build an old Nomad with a plush modern interior and a 572 (i think just because that's the biggest number hes seen)

and its like thast cool but drat dad. you drove corvairs when you were younger think outside the box a litle will ya

his first cars iirc were a corvair and a 1st gen prelude but his epitome is still a late 50s chevy with a big block. do something unique man

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ssjonizuka posted:

Do you mean beignets?

Yup, thank ya

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Valentine's is a lame holiday. That being said we went to a Brazilian steak house yesterday and spent entirely too much money. My birthday is on the 11th so we just lump that with Valentines to celebrate. It's nice not worrying about a bunch of roses and gifts and chocolate nonsense.

That being said I did get my 3 year old girl a rose and asked her to be my valentine. She gave me a cute little card too. :3:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i wanted to get me asteak but so far theres too often a gathering going on for me to feel comfortable cooking something for just me

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I finally went to the doc today after I started sneezing up blood and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. At least that explains the terrible headaches. I'm getting tired of laying in bed watching Netflix and having no appetite. Ugh.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So cook you a steak. Think of the delicious revenge of making a bunch of stoned people a nice delicious steak cooking.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Tide posted:

Yup, thank ya

I hope it was delicious, you bastard :argh:

Parents are in Nawlins for a couple months and want us to come down. Not sure if we'll get there in time.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

the spyder posted:

I finally went to the doc today after I started sneezing up blood and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. At least that explains the terrible headaches. I'm getting tired of laying in bed watching Netflix and having no appetite. Ugh.

I was getting dental work done, and they found a giant mucus plug in my jaw from where my sinuses got impacted, and it just built up. I've had ridiculous loving sinus issues for three years now, and they said that's why. I didn't even know that was loving possible.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

AOTC is loving crap when it came out and it has aged hysterically badly since. And if you think 1 was better than 7.... I refuse to believe anyone who can breathe air unassited legit thinks that.

1 and 7 are both trash. 2 was far better than 1.

But I wont win an argument with goons on this. :v:

Still haven't seen season 6 of venture bros yet, why is it on at the worst times for me to watch it entirely?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Because you think episode 2 is a decent movie you loving muppet

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I liked the new star wars movie :shrug:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

leica posted:

I liked the new star wars movie :shrug:

Yeah me too!!! WTF

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Still haven't seen season 6 of venture bros yet, why is it on at the worst times for me to watch it entirely?

3 letters: DVR

If you're not compatible with those letters, but still have cable, try this instead.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I liked the new star wars, but deadpool was way better. And it's kind of sad that a superhero movie was better than star wars, that's all I was saying.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Holy poo poo, Deadpool.

Best Marvel movie since Iron Man, by far.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Geirskogul posted:

I liked the new star wars, but deadpool was way better. And it's kind of sad that a superhero movie was better than star wars, that's all I was saying.

I loved the new Star Wars.... but you know I think I agree with you on this one, Deadpool is the better, mainly due to the risks it took that paid off. It's not sad at all because Deadpool is loving awesome in so many ways, Star Wars was awesome in so many ways, we got two great movies that make going to the theatre worth it.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Im glad they finally made a comic book movie for adults

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I've got to go see it some time. To be honest I was really skeptical and thought that it was going to be stupid.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

CharlesM posted:

I've got to go see it some time. To be honest I was really skeptical and thought that it was going to be stupid.

It is kinda stupid and silly, but in the best possible way. It fits the character.

And there are some really great "did he just say that? And did I just laugh like a retard at it?" moments sprinkled throughout.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CharlesM posted:

I was really skeptical and thought that it was going to be stupid.

It is, and that's why it's better than 99% of comic book movies.

It's a movie that the people who made it (and the main character himself) realises it's a comic book movie and comics are aimed at kids and kids like jokes, blood, violence. Also first person that wants to shout up that comics aren't for kids, just don't bother.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Vday sucks because my Wife's birthday is only two days after. At least we don't really do anything for Vday and end up combining it with her birthday most of the time anyway. Ended up making Pão de queijo with artichoke, hearts of palm and bacon along with filet for her and peppercorn new york strip for me . Veggies were rosemary sweet potato fries for her and roasted redskins for me. Topped off with about...two bigass toblerones. Basically the whole Brazilian steakhouse experience without having to deal with restaurants on a day like Valentines.

Spent the rest of the weekend playing dragon age 2. This game feels like a loose collection of side quests. I'm unsure where I am in the game simply because I have no big thing to kill like an arch-demon. The characters range from cute and dorky (Merrill) to loving annoying emo rear end in a top hat (that elf dude with lyrium in his skin). As a female mage, I took it upon myself to romance the poo poo out of Isabela because she's loving hot.

:goonsay:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

KozmoNaut posted:

Holy poo poo, Deadpool.

Best Marvel movie since Iron Man, by far.

Agreed. Soundtrack was killer as well. Had a ton of fun.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Adding my voice to the chorus of OH DEAR LORD GO SEE DEADPOOL

It's absolutely perfect. I can't think of any way I would improve it.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

literally a fish posted:

Adding my voice to the chorus of OH DEAR LORD GO SEE DEADPOOL

It's absolutely perfect. I can't think of any way I would improve it.

Do you have to like the comic book to enjoy it? I never read comics and don't have any reference for deadpool outside of the reddit echo chamber showing cosplayers doing *zany thing* in that costume. I liked the first ironman and the first avengers, if that helps. The rest of the comic movies I could take or leave.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

angryhampster posted:

Agreed. Soundtrack was killer as well. Had a ton of fun.

The soundtrack is by Tom Holkenborg aka. Junkie XL, who also did the Mad Max: Fury Road soundtrack.

BloodBag posted:

Do you have to like the comic book to enjoy it? I never read comics and don't have any reference for deadpool outside of the reddit echo chamber showing cosplayers doing *zany thing* in that costume. I liked the first ironman and the first avengers, if that helps. The rest of the comic movies I could take or leave.

Not at all. I've never read a Deadpool comic apart from clippings posted here and there, and I still enjoyed it immensely.

Cosplayers thinking they're cool by doing *zany things* in a Deadpool costume at a con is a completely different thing compared to Ryan Reynolds actually being funny as poo poo as Deadpool.

The baby hand scene had me in stitches, as an example. The humor is very R-rated.

E: If nothing else, watch it because Morena Baccarin is ridiculously smokin' hot. God drat.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 15, 2016

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

KozmoNaut posted:

The soundtrack is by Tom Holkenborg aka. Junkie XL, who also did the Mad Max: Fury Road soundtrack.

Not at all. I've never read a Deadpool comic apart from clippings posted here and there, and I still enjoyed it immensely.

Cosplayers thinking they're cool by doing *zany things* in a Deadpool costume at a con is a completely different thing compared to Ryan Reynolds actually being funny as poo poo as Deadpool.

The baby hand scene had me in stitches, as an example. The humor is very R-rated.

E: If nothing else, watch it because Morena Baccarin is ridiculously smokin' hot. God drat.

Well, I mean I'm sure the wife will enjoy it if RR loses his shirt at some point, which probably is a given for him.

E: she wants to see the movie RACE because it'll be about running. I told her if she thinks that movie will be more than tangentially related to running and less about it's title, I've got a bridge to sell her.
E2: I got dragged to see Unbreakable on Christmas day because it was going to be about running, since it was about Louie Zamparini. Yeah, it was about him being lost on the ocean and tortured in a Japanese POW camp. Why does she fall for Oscar-bait movies?

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Feb 15, 2016

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

BloodBag posted:

Well, I mean I'm sure the wife will enjoy it if RR loses his shirt at some point, which probably is a given for him.

He does, and more.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Dad and I are in St Pete Beach visiting his parents and doing a bunch of fixing stuff around there house. Their house is just falling apart since they can't really take care of it anymore, Dad or one of his brothers comes down about every three months but even that isn't enough. Lot they're on is worth a fortune so I expect the house to be demolished when they finally sell it. Valentines meal was take out from a pretty decent Italian place near their house. Pretty nice weather and I avoided another snow storm in Knoxville.

Still need to see Deadpool, if we get to Atlanta early enough I'm going to try to see it tonight.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
How bad an idea is this http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5447672319.html. For a winter beater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

willroc7 posted:

How bad an idea is this http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5447672319.html. For a winter beater.

He says it needs tires and a wiper motor... I'd think it's got more than that wrong if he's selling it for 20-year-old Taurus prices.

• Locked thread