Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I still think, with all my Peace Walker knowledge from these videos alone, that the cardboard tanks are loveboxes where the second player gets to shoot at dudes.

(Also Coldman, what are you talking about with India having Nukes in the 70s?!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

(Also Coldman, what are you talking about with India having Nukes in the 70s?!)
Because India had nukes in the seventies - which most everyone forgot about until Pakistan developed their own nukes in the late nineties.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

LeadSled posted:

Because India had nukes in the seventies - which most everyone forgot about until Pakistan developed their own nukes in the late nineties.

Huh. Everyone kinda reported it at the time like India didn't have nukes til then either.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

I'm starting to wonder if you've guys got a famous fan. There have been a surge a Metal gear comics recently.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

mateo360 posted:

I'm starting to wonder if you've guys got a famous fan. There have been a surge a Metal gear comics recently.

Well, That depends on if they follow up with Lime Soda.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

She said she's replaying MGS in chronological order to try and work out what the plot is.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
By the by, having played one of the other games starring Antony Del Rio, it is hard to play Peace Walker without thinking of Kid Icarus and Vice-Versa.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

mateo360 posted:

I've always been a fan of Awkward Zombie, so this timing has been perfect :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS Peace Walker Vs Op - Lake Fight

This one's a bit different, we actually did a VS Op before Episode 11 which I uh, sorta forgot to finish editing. We went into it completely blind except that I googled whether or not Fultons could be used in VS Ops like they could in MGO 3. The answer I found was that 'fultons are useless in multiplayer', which apparently meant 'you can't recruit people with it' rather than what I thought, which was 'they're not usable in multiplayer'. The first person to backseat me on that I swear I'll hold a grudge against for the rest of my life. :colbert:

Grace and I are absolutely the kind of people who would pick Oddjob in Goldeneye multiplayer, but only against each other. You should have seen when we played Mario Party, I was pretty sure I was going to be killed. BUT I WOULD HAVE DIED A WINNER.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The boxes set along the stage are a cleaver idea :allears:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Great Lakes FAQ

quote:

How much of the Great Lakes "belong" to Canada?

Canada “owns” 34,210 square miles of the Great Lakes, a little over a third.

How much of the Great Lakes "belong" to the U.S.?

The United States “own” 60,950 square miles of the Great Lakes

:colbert:

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

#SLAY

may have lost the game but still WIN THE loving LAKES

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Grace posted:

#SLAY

Lies, damned lies and statistics

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Grace posted:

#SLAY

Slay nothing you claimed they were 100% USA you cant lie about it because its IN THE VIDEO :argh:

Also our battle was legally binding so they're all 100% Canadian now

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Danaru posted:

You should have seen when we played Mario Party, I was pretty sure I was going to be killed. BUT I WOULD HAVE DIED A WINNER.

You forgot to link the video. :colbert:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

ZeeToo posted:

You forgot to link the video. :colbert:

Penalty: 60% of the Great Lakes back.

(I'm in Michigan, I take these matters seriously)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Sadly that was while Grace was in Canada, and we didn't have the hardware at the time to record it. Sad since Grace's reaction the fourth time I stole a star from him was pretty great :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

Sadly that was while Grace was in Canada, and we didn't have the hardware at the time to record it. Sad since Grace's reaction the fourth time I stole a star from him was pretty great :v:

Reenact your Mario Party reactions with Pinkie Chan and Lesser-Kun.

It will probably be pretty difficult to make them strangle eachother with their stubby plush arms, though :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS Peace Walker Episode 17 - Whirlwind Tour

We did a bunch of grinding and I edited it to be watchable. This also gets a bit podcast-ey, but we also don't make any major progress. If you're only here for the game and not for us being idiots, you'll hate this.

This session was over three hours of footage. I cut it down significantly

IT WAS FUN THOUGH

Danaru fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 21, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh there's the MGS:PW I know and love :shepface:

Dan posted:

"If he can have a pizza I can have a tank"

words to live by

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Uhhh episode's going to be going up tomorrow instead of today because I had to get stuck with a bunch of needles, then when I finally got out of the hospital, I had just enough time to edit the video and set it to encode, and now I'm at work. Should be able to get it uploaded when I get home.

Probably should have said something earlier but, well, needles

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Get well soon Dan! Health comes before LP!

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
That's what happens when you don't stock up on Doritos and soda :colbert:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS Peace Walker Episode 18 - Alligator and Wombat's Second Honeymoon

Sure hope you guys like hearing me ramble, because we hit heavy Liquid Dan slightly before this episode started.

This episode is a bit of cleaning up, we clean up the cassettes we haven't heard, then clear out a couple of the side ops that happened while Snake was in jerk jail.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Yeah, I was just using the game audio as background noise. Also I had nothing better to do.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh hey congrats on getting the railgun! And yes the head part is always a bitch. Especially since the AI pod is always, without fail, near it.

Your uncle sounded cool :unsmith:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Wow, Huey is so dumb. I wonder if he's super dumb (actually believes nobody's getting killed), or just regular dumb and also racist (means nobody white is getting killed).

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
If you haven't already fought Peace Walker again, I would HIGHLY recommend playing until you've unlocked better explosives via side ops. In particular, you're going to want better chaff grenades.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Unknown Quantity posted:

If you haven't already fought Peace Walker again, I would HIGHLY recommend playing until you've unlocked better explosives via side ops. In particular, you're going to want better chaff grenades.

:smugbert:

Let's Play MGS Peace Walker Episode 19 - Victory Hugs

Grace and I drunkenly bumble around an american missile silo, oh and THE loving WORLD IS ABOUT TO END OH poo poo

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

:bravo:

For real though, Grace you're a hell of a shot and made that gunship fight go by as smoothly as could possibly be. And Dan...you're great at not dying and giving Grace CPR. Can't wait to see the end and watch an amazing Peace Walker battle.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You know Kojima, repeating that cutscene with the Boss isn't gonna make me feel more sorry for her. It's starting to feel like padding tbh.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

You know Kojima, repeating that cutscene with the Boss isn't gonna make me feel more sorry for her. It's starting to feel like padding tbh.

Making the Boss's sacrifice look dumb and overwrought was one of the things Peace Walker did for the continuity. Another was showing that Big Boss was actually a massive tool.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Y'all shut your mouth this is a very emotional time for Grace and I :colbert: Our mom got turned into a computer who's trying to nuke the planet, tensions are high

Also as a side note, since I have no shame or dignity, Grace and I are playing Tenchu 3 in another thread, and we're using the same drinking game as we did for the other Metal Gear games. It's fun as hell and also I start blowing it hardcore, so it's all the Dan and Grace you've come to expect

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Wow, Huey is so dumb. I wonder if he's super dumb (actually believes nobody's getting killed), or just regular dumb and also racist (means nobody white is getting killed).

Huey did nothing wrong.

:v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS Peace Walker Episode 20 - Dan And Grace Fight A Giant loving Robot

I get emotional when I'm drunk shut up :saddowns:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 4, 2016

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Dan you're becoming popular. You're the second result for "Peace Walker Episode 21"! Either that or no one besides a few other dudes actually got to 21 episodes.

EDIT: Side note: With this part of the story over, I can finally bring this up. The Boss suffered brain damage upon re-entry during her trip to space, and thus lost about half her brain's functions (with her other half taking over). The World's Greatest Soldier only had half a functioning brain, and was a completely different woman from her time in WW2 and her possible relationship with Strangelove, which set off the latter's quest for revenge.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 1, 2016

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Unknown Quantity posted:

Dan you're becoming popular. You're the second result for "Peace Walker Episode 21"! Either that or no one besides a few other dudes actually got to 21 episodes.

I'm willing to bet the latter is more likely than the former :v:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So David Hayter the voice of Snake lent his voice to a point and click adventure game called Deponia Doomsday where he plays an older version the main protagonist. The first inventory puzzle involves making an "improvised flamethrower" with a spray can and a lighter.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Actually blowing up a nuclear bomb that is about to launch isn't the worst idea. Nukes rely on specifically shaped centrifuges which facilitate fission. These are carefully made to ensure the nuclear material splits as much of its own atoms as possible. Damaging it warps the centrifuge, which makes the reaction a lot less efficient and less effective. So if it does launch, the explosion will be smaller. Not the pro-est strat for defusing a nuke, but if you find yourself in that situation, you're probably not gonna be choosy :v:

The only issue with blowing up the nuke is that you could vaporize the nuclear material. Inhaling that stuff isn't good for your health and it will likely float around the immediate area for a bit. Still a better outcome than a nuclear explosion though.

Holy poo poo Kojima your loving explanation about AI and brains :lol:

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Now that you're past the first ending, do you want some hints about how to unlock some of the more obscure optional content?