Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Grem posted:

I use my garage as a home gym so there's no room for my car. When I decided to do that one of the selling points was if I get depressed I won't have room to off myself painlessly in my garage.

How are people so sure it's easy? I'm betting your body starts flipping the gently caress out once your heart stops.

You can't kill yourself painlessly with modern cars. Cars used to produce significant carbon monoxide, which is a pretty painless way to go. It's also pretty dangerous for cars to be exhausting an undetectable gas that can kill you with no warning. Modern cars produce much less carbon monoxide, their exhaust is mostly carbon dioxide, which certainly can kill you eventually but it won't be easy and painless. I wouldn't bother try it unless you have a 60 year old car, you're just going to end up with a headache and stinky gas smell all over your upholstery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Young Freud posted:

I was about to crosspost this to the Star Citizen thread because of the Fourth Stimpire of pain and torture stuff coming out there.

XK posted:

This 79% nitrogen I breathe all the time is incredibly painful.

I bet one of the punishments in the stimpire is to make nitrogen burn like acid.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Angela Christine posted:

I bet one of the punishments in the stimpire is to make nitrogen burn like acid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbogen

Activates the suffocation panic response so powerfully it causes psychedelic responses and altered states of consciousness, without actually depriving you of oxygen.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Cowman posted:

I didn't realize there was such a market for anti-suicide stuff :stare:

The industrial prison complex has a solution to everything!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Grem posted:

I use my garage as a home gym so there's no room for my car. When I decided to do that one of the selling points was if I get depressed I won't have room to off myself painlessly in my garage.

I was about to say "There's always methane!" and quote the old story about the huge fat guy who lived in a tiny, badly ventilated apartment and who had a terrible diet ended up dying from methane suffocation from all his farts but it turns out that's an unsubstantiated urban myth.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Angela Christine posted:

You can't kill yourself painlessly with modern cars. Cars used to produce significant carbon monoxide, which is a pretty painless way to go. It's also pretty dangerous for cars to be exhausting an undetectable gas that can kill you with no warning. Modern cars produce much less carbon monoxide, their exhaust is mostly carbon dioxide, which certainly can kill you eventually but it won't be easy and painless. I wouldn't bother try it unless you have a 60 year old car, you're just going to end up with a headache and stinky gas smell all over your upholstery.

They say this but it still happens all the time. It happened a couple of time this last blizzard in the North East. People were getting in their car while shoveling but they hadn't learned the exhaust pipes. So it's still something that happens even with 'modern' cars. They might not be new off the lot cars but I'm sure they're new enough.

There's always the charcoal stove method in small areas.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Ape of Naples posted:

They say this but it still happens all the time. It happened a couple of time this last blizzard in the North East. People were getting in their car while shoveling but they hadn't learned the exhaust pipes. So it's still something that happens even with 'modern' cars. They might not be new off the lot cars but I'm sure they're new enough.

There's always the charcoal stove method in small areas.

Hmm, so maybe it is merely some newer cars. I suppose you could try it with the car you have, and if you don't die painlessly within a reasonable amount of time just get out and try something else.

Like helium. Helium is great, because if you change your mind at the last minute you can still have balloons!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Angela Christine posted:

You can't kill yourself painlessly with modern cars.

Tell that to this family. http://pix11.com/2016/01/27/3-year-...uring-blizzard/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
https://twitter.com/Oregonian/status/698321971101220864

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this is a dumb derail but the painful nitrogen death is called the bends and it's real, but you don't get it by breathing nitrogen, you get it during rapid pressure changes such as ascending from a deep water dive too fast

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The Ape of Naples posted:

I'm the opposite. I can't sleep with anything on my feet.
That said it's good to know about the underwear. I mean I hope I have better means when it comes the time but it's something to remember. Last time I tried to hang myself I just had a weird dog leash. Needless to say it didn't work. Certainly not within seconds.

Those smocks don't look comfortable though.

afaik anyone who likes socks and wears them without shoes is some kind of alien

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

PYF suicide method

if you just wanna die painlessly you can't beat xanax and a bottle of wine

well you can, i guess, if you've got the means to score a bunch of coke and heroin for a speedball. but thats too rich for my blood

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

The Goatfather posted:

if you just wanna die painlessly you can't beat xanax and a bottle of wine

well you can, i guess, if you've got the means to score a bunch of coke and heroin for a speedball. but thats too rich for my blood

what if I just shoot myself directly through the head hold with a large-calibre hollow-point bullet

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

what if I just shoot myself directly through the head hold with a large-calibre hollow-point bullet

Rude. Nobody wants to mop up your brains.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

It'd be like the hellsing anime

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
don't kill yourself

unless you're posting about it in this thread, then please do

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Every time I've wanted to kill myself, I've just thought about it really hard until I autoeuthanized. It's quick, painless, and I don't know why more people don't do it.

Hell, doing it this way usually let's you get a headstart on all the bureaucratic red tape you have to cut through to get a new life.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

FuhrerHat posted:

ok i dont like this its bad but why should this validate some public opinion that these people are traitors that should be hung

they didnt open the gates or poison the well or literally any ancient analogy that holds true when sentencing criminals

is sleeping somewhere for something you believe in really something to hang somebody over

(if you answer yes youre bad)

Let's see. They blocked federal employees from doing their job. they stole and used federal vehicles. they broke and entered federal buildings. They tampered with native american artifacts that even the tribe they belonged to demanded they both leave them alone and get out. They bulldozed an archaelogical site. they also threatened law enforcement on multiple occasions. There's more, but that's the tip of this particular iceberg

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Angela Christine posted:

Rude. Nobody wants to mop up your brains.

I've never had to clean up any corpses before but I mean you're already dragging a dead body out of somebody's house what difference is mopping up a little bit of blood and fat

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

SocketWrench posted:

Let's see. They blocked federal employees from doing their job. they stole and used federal vehicles. they broke and entered federal buildings. They tampered with native american artifacts that even the tribe they belonged to demanded they both leave them alone and get out. They bulldozed an archaelogical site. they also threatened law enforcement on multiple occasions. There's more, but that's the tip of this particular iceberg

Possessing a firearm as a felon, discharging a firearm at an aircraft, terroristic threats, conspiracy to commit murder, etc

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

PYF suicide method

I don't even know where you would get pure nitrogen. Just shut yourself in the garage and run your car's engine for awhile.

quote:

Max Dog Brewing sells canisters of nitrogen for carbonating beer, or killing yourself, depending on who you ask.
http://www.vice.com/video/death-in-a-can-australias-euthanasia-loophole

1-800-273-8255
[no, that's not a number to buy death-kits]

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

In other news, Lawmakers Rush Bill To Shield Name Of Officer Who Shot LaVoy Finicum. http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/lavoy-finicum-shooting-state-police-name-law/

quote:

Oregon legislators are rushing through a bill aimed at protecting the identity of the Oregon State Police officer who shot and killed Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation leader Robert LaVoy Finicum after hearing that the officer faces potential death threats.
House Bill 2087, which would allow the police to ask a judge to bar release of the shooter’s name for 90 days at a time, is now headed to the House floor after State Police Superintendent Richard Evans Jr. described how police and other government officials in Burns faced a series of threats and intimidating behavior before and during the 41-day occupation at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Evans said at a House Judiciary Committee meeting last week that law enforcement officials received a series of threats, including threats related to the death of Finicum. He was shot on Jan. 26 when the FBI and other law enforcement officers arrested several leaders of the occupation while they were traveling on a rural stretch of road between Burns and John Day.
“They are trying to figure out and ask who pulled the trigger,” said Evans, who did not go into any detail about the threats. However, House Judiciary Chairman Jeff Barker, D-Aloha and a former Portland Police officer, said in an interview Sunday that he was told privately by Evans that “there was a real, credible threat and they needed something right away” to protect the name of the state police officer.

Barker worked with the American Civil Liberties Union of Oregon to craft a bill that would not draw the group’s opposition over concerns that it could be used to prevent public scrutiny of police shootings.

Kimberly McCullough of the Oregon ACLU told the committee that it is “extremely important that we send a message to the public that police officers are not going to be shielded from public accountability in general.”

McCullough said her group would remain neutral on the bill.

The measure allows the police to ask a judge to withhold the name of an officer for up to 90 days because of a “continuing credible threat of present danger” to an officer or his or her family. Under the bill, a judge could extend the protective order in 90-day increments.
Authorities have so far not released the name of the officer involved in Finicum’s shooting while it is under investigation. The FBI said Finicum was shot after reaching for a gun in his pocket, but the agency’s account of the incident has been challenged by some supporters of the occupiers.

Barker said he expected the officer’s name to eventually become public, after “people have calmed down.”

Evans, the OSP superintendent, said Harney County Sheriff Dave Ward was shadowed while Christmas shopping with his family by men openly carrying guns and that his wife had her car tires slashed. Evans said a state police officer involved in a drunk driving arrest — of a man who reportedly was going to be a bodyguard for occupation leader Ammon Bundy — had his house spray painted.
Law enforcement and other government officials have been “in fear of retaliation or kidnapping or other things,” Evans said.

The bill passed the committee on a 9-0 vote and Barker said he expected the measure to soon be on the House floor

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Are they dead yet?

Jeeez.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Are they dead yet?

Jeeez.

Nope, anti-suicide smocks are keeping them alive.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
bullshit

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I literally had a professor give me the Final Exit book that details exactly how to kill yourself and even gives tips on the best way to do it along with dosages and suggestions on how to get the medication. It also covers all the popular methods like cyanide and stuff.

It's a good book and we were talking about euthanasia in the Bioethics class. I just like saying that my prof gave me a book on how to kill myself :v:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shinjobi posted:

Are they dead yet?

Jeeez.

No they're all in jail.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Cowman posted:

I literally had a professor give me the Final Exit book that details exactly how to kill yourself and even gives tips on the best way to do it along with dosages and suggestions on how to get the medication. It also covers all the popular methods like cyanide and stuff.

It's a good book and we were talking about euthanasia in the Bioethics class. I just like saying that my prof gave me a book on how to kill myself :v:

Tell us what your professor was responding to.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr. Nice! posted:

No they're all in jail.

living off the federal dole

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Cowman posted:

Did it cover stowing away in an enclosed compartment with a bunch of steel chain?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

You know guys, easier access to suicide could be a cost effective way to deal with America's untenable prison population

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Strange how they're not brave enough to stay at the reserve and actually face down the government, but they do have the courage to follow people around the mall.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
let's pool together and send flowers and chocolates and cards to the osp and the fbi with notes specifically thanking them for killing a dangerous terrorist who hated america

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cumshitter posted:

let's pool together and send flowers and chocolates and cards to the osp and the fbi with notes specifically thanking them for killing a dangerous terrorist who hated america

Can we also include a note clarifying that any dildos or sugar free gummy bears absolutely shouldn't count as aiding and abetting a known terrorist organization? Asking for a friend

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Angela Christine posted:

Hmm, so maybe it is merely some newer cars. I suppose you could try it with the car you have, and if you don't die painlessly within a reasonable amount of time just get out and try something else.

Like helium. Helium is great, because if you change your mind at the last minute you can still have balloons!

'course the "last minute" is really like the last 10 seconds, I found this out when I was a kid and inhaled a bunch and was gonna run into the next room and talk funny at my dad and on the way there I was holding my breath and I got into the other room and just fell unconscious, flat on the ground in front of dad and woke up with him standing over me like "uhh is that what you wanted to show me?"

like it knocked me out in seconds and there was no warning, it was just like one moment I'm fine the next bam I'm on the floor.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
please tell me that when you came to you sounded like mickey mouse

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

cumshitter posted:

please tell me that when you came to you sounded like mickey mouse
Better didja squeak when you hit the ground and all that gas was pushed out?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
By the look of most of these comments here it sure seems to me people really do hate human rights & love government looting. The Bundys or Hammonds never burned any homes down while the Government BLM have burned down 200 or so homes with millions of bucks in Infrastructure damage to the land & cattle & they'res no compensation or charges for it., While the Bundys haven't signed a new contract with them & paid no money in years , hey I don't blame them. The new contract was setup in a way to drive them of the land so the gov could steal that land for their own filthy greedy profit to extract it's resources while at same time poisoning it as they always do. But hey, if you didn't know that well then obviously you've been towing The Mainstream Media Line that tells you what they want you to hear so you never get the real truth, & that is ignorance. How about spending allot more time on the internet & watching many of the youtube videos so you can see what really is going on & preferably not Lamestream Media ones that are just to hoodwink you all to their bogus lies conflict of interest networks. The sooner that people see the government for what they really are, the better. Cause they only care for themselves & not us for their just greedy parasites that are hijacked by filthy rich globalist elitists that only care to exploit & enslave us. How is it ever right when government are allowed to murder people & get away with while they gonna try the Bundys on trumped up BS charges that make them sound like terrorists because the government just make it up as they go along to sweep the truth under the carpet by whatever means. The Government is on a mission of Collectivism to get control of as much land as possible which is all a part of their Agenda 21 Plan to herd you all like cattle into the cities & have you living in squaler like sardine crammed can apartments. Google it to go educate yourselves about this cause it's one big plan that's very real that is also called The WIldlands Project. The Government wants to screw almost all of us over by design & you've probably got no idea about it because why? maybe your drinking their Pesticide RatSac Dammed Fluoride cool aid water that has turned many of you into dumb sheep cause that Fluoride has destroyed your Pineal Gland & when you die of cancer you'll be wondering which Government Eugenics measure is in it's process to killing you. Why would any of you trust your government while they are crapping in your food with GMO's & many other nastys poison in the water , Spraying Chemtrail Barium & Ehtlylene Di Bromide in the air, Cor-Exit in the oil spills, nuclear radiation premeditadidly dumped in the oceans & used to bomb innocent people with in war zones. & Shal Gas Fraking that will poison almost all Artesian Ground Bore drinking water. The Government is to blame for all of this cause all these crimes are things that the government can fix in a heartbeat but instead they opt for their love child corporations to implement most of these measures to screw us over. A corporation will kill a shitload of people & the only charge will come down in a High COurt for just how big a fine is to be paid at the cost of expendable human life in their eyes. If you people choose to stay ignorant & then things get really bad well then remember all this I have told you when you's had the choice to WAKE UP & then wake others up so SHTF can be prevented. There really is a bigger picture to all of this but if you really want to know you should go learn about yourself. > http://911essentials.com/ <

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

XMNN posted:

By the look of most of these comments here it sure seems to me people really do hate human rights & love government looting. The Bundys or Hammonds never burned any homes down while the Government BLM have burned down 200 or so homes with millions of bucks in Infrastructure damage to the land & cattle & they'res no compensation or charges for it., While the Bundys haven't signed a new contract with them & paid no money in years , hey I don't blame them. The new contract was setup in a way to drive them of the land so the gov could steal that land for their own filthy greedy profit to extract it's resources while at same time poisoning it as they always do. But hey, if you didn't know that well then obviously you've been towing The Mainstream Media Line that tells you what they want you to hear so you never get the real truth, & that is ignorance. How about spending allot more time on the internet & watching many of the youtube videos so you can see what really is going on & preferably not Lamestream Media ones that are just to hoodwink you all to their bogus lies conflict of interest networks. The sooner that people see the government for what they really are, the better. Cause they only care for themselves & not us for their just greedy parasites that are hijacked by filthy rich globalist elitists that only care to exploit & enslave us. How is it ever right when government are allowed to murder people & get away with while they gonna try the Bundys on trumped up BS charges that make them sound like terrorists because the government just make it up as they go along to sweep the truth under the carpet by whatever means. The Government is on a mission of Collectivism to get control of as much land as possible which is all a part of their Agenda 21 Plan to herd you all like cattle into the cities & have you living in squaler like sardine crammed can apartments. Google it to go educate yourselves about this cause it's one big plan that's very real that is also called The WIldlands Project. The Government wants to screw almost all of us over by design & you've probably got no idea about it because why? maybe your drinking their Pesticide RatSac Dammed Fluoride cool aid water that has turned many of you into dumb sheep cause that Fluoride has destroyed your Pineal Gland & when you die of cancer you'll be wondering which Government Eugenics measure is in it's process to killing you. Why would any of you trust your government while they are crapping in your food with GMO's & many other nastys poison in the water , Spraying Chemtrail Barium & Ehtlylene Di Bromide in the air, Cor-Exit in the oil spills, nuclear radiation premeditadidly dumped in the oceans & used to bomb innocent people with in war zones. & Shal Gas Fraking that will poison almost all Artesian Ground Bore drinking water. The Government is to blame for all of this cause all these crimes are things that the government can fix in a heartbeat but instead they opt for their love child corporations to implement most of these measures to screw us over. A corporation will kill a shitload of people & the only charge will come down in a High COurt for just how big a fine is to be paid at the cost of expendable human life in their eyes. If you people choose to stay ignorant & then things get really bad well then remember all this I have told you when you's had the choice to WAKE UP & then wake others up so SHTF can be prevented. There really is a bigger picture to all of this but if you really want to know you should go learn about yourself. > http://911essentials.com/ <

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
good point. this is why I only drink rainwater that I have collected myself, and only on rainy days when there were no visible chem trails the day before