Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Breaking the game is always fun (new build)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Limits are made to be broken. (New build.)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You've got two pictures of the old skillset and neither of them are Shogun.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

No more games :black101:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
All of the games :black101: (which is to say, have fun murdering stuff)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

RareAcumen posted:

You've got two pictures of the old skillset and neither of them are Shogun.

Oh, whoops. Fixed that, though there wasn't much on there anyway.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I guess try the new build It can't be that great, considering you don't have any attack skills though.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

RareAcumen posted:

I guess try the new build It can't be that great, considering you don't have any attack skills though.

Is this sarcasm? He has Warrior Might.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 28, 2016

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Well then. I guess Rose is gonna make use of Warrior Might for a while.

Of course if she doesn't get into the next party, then this little vote was all for naught. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Is this sarcasm? He has Warrior Might.

Oh, no. I forgot what it did. I thought it was a buff.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, no. I forgot what it did. I thought it was a buff.

Of course it is. It's a buff that now makes her so powerful that a regular attack hits harder than her old attack skills did.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

MightyPretenders posted:

Of course it is. It's a buff that now makes her so powerful that a regular attack hits harder than her old attack skills did.

Lies and Slander. Blade Rave was strong.

You need 3 whole attacks to get Warrior Might stronger than Blade Rave's average damage!

That's, like, half a Swashbuckling!

8_Escape
Dec 26, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well then. I guess Rose is gonna make use of Warrior Might for a while.

Of course if she doesn't get into the next party, then this little vote was all for naught. :v:

In that case I'm gonna need to remember to vote for her.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Breaking the game is always fun (new build)

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
B-B-B-BREAK IT WIDE OPEN.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

And I have even more editing to do, as I have discovered that EO3 enemies do have levels. :suicide: (This is only used in a very few specific calculations, such as healing.) Granted while they're not used for much, having that data out in the open would probably give you a better idea of how strong the devs expect you to be at that point, since they do seem to be used as estimates by the devs.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

And I have even more editing to do, as I have discovered that EO3 enemies do have levels. :suicide: (This is only used in a very few specific calculations, such as healing.) Granted while they're not used for much, having that data out in the open would probably give you a better idea of how strong the devs expect you to be at that point, since they do seem to be used as estimates by the devs.

Jesus, you just keep finding things one after another that just makes your work load that much heavier.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I petition for Fetus of the doctorate to take a break from this poo poo! Seriously man, there's love for your craft and all, and then there's burning out because you keep adding things to your already insane workload as is.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

On the brightside, this will be the most comprehensive guide to EO3 ever.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
So here's something neat I discovered in the Yggdroid overview while doing the internet equivalent of flipping through random pages in a book last night.

quote:

50 51 59 41 41 50 20 45 55 20 46 5A 47 54 51 50 55 46 20 50 58 55 47 53 20 51 45 41 41 54 4F 20 47 41 4B 20 46 4D 54 49 20 44 51 46 46 4D 59 20 41 5A

It took me a while to realize that this is the hexadecimal representation of an ASCII string (the 20s are an easy way to tell).

quote:

PQYAAP EU FZGTQPUF PXUGS QEAATO GAK FMTI DQFFMY AZ

This is just gibberish. Gibberish that still has spacing that looks like a normal sentence. So I ran it through a bunch of ROT versions until I got this with ROT14:

quote:

DEMOOD SI TNUHEDIT DLIUG ESOOHC UOY TAHW RETTAM ON

Reverse it, and you get this:

quote:

NO MATTER WHAT YOU CHOOSE GUILD TIDEHUNT IS DOOMED

...Eh, I'm sure it'll be fine. Worst case scenario, Ranger just hops games to help Tidehunt cheat death. :v:

Rea fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 3, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Dun Dun DUUNNNN!!!

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ragnar Homsar posted:

...Eh, I'm sure it'll be fine. Worst case scenario, Ranger just hops games to help Tidehunt cheat death. :v:

I saw that too. Having played the game myself, all I can say is... things will become clear in time.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Ragnar Homsar posted:

That's one of the running theories for EOU III, another is that you're going to play as one of the Original Yggroids.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

cdyoung posted:

That's one of the running theories for EOU III, another is that you're going to play as one of the Original Yggroids.

There's also the theory that EOU3 is never happening :v:

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

There's also the theory that EOU3 is never happening :v:

Even though they've sold well.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

cdyoung posted:

Even though they've sold well.

The opposite is true. Remakes do not do well in Japan.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

The opposite is true. Remakes do not do well in Japan.

To be honest I don;t know why I said that when sales figures were posted in this very thread. :\

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Okay, so uh, I really hate to do this to ya'll, but it looks like this LP might have to be abandoned. This time it's because of technical issues. I have no idea what's going on, but for some reason, SA isn't loading up images for me (a few other people I know aren't having this problem, so I don't know how to fix things.) Something like that is really gonna make the LP difficult to work on. (For some reason, it's only a problem with SA. Other sites don't seem to have the issue. Images that don't work on SA work fine on other sites.)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
:negative:

Is there someone else you could pass it to for a while to keep things afloat?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
LP Curse strikes again. With a loving sledge hammer this time.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Kemix posted:

LP Curse strikes again. With a loving sledge hammer this time.

quote:

2:58 PM - Dr. Fetus: ok
2:58 PM - Dr. Fetus: solution
2:58 PM - Dr. Fetus: this is probably gonna be unweldy
2:58 PM - Dr. Fetus: but
2:58 PM - Dr. Fetus: i send you the html writeup for my update
2:58 PM - Dr. Fetus: you preview it
2:59 PM - Dr. Fetus: and let me know if anythign is out of place or not
2:59 PM - Dr. Fetus: then i post it once everything is in order
2:58 PM - Ragnar Homsar: and then I rewrite Charlotte's dialogue to be nothing but chatlogs with Sapph
2:58 PM - Ragnar Homsar: KappaRoss
2:58 PM - Ragnar Homsar: (sounds like it'll work)

Don't despair quite yet.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If you have SSL enabled for the forums, images and a few other things won't work.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Okay, so uh, I really hate to do this to ya'll, but it looks like this LP might have to be abandoned. This time it's because of technical issues. I have no idea what's going on, but for some reason, SA isn't loading up images for me (a few other people I know aren't having this problem, so I don't know how to fix things.) Something like that is really gonna make the LP difficult to work on. (For some reason, it's only a problem with SA. Other sites don't seem to have the issue. Images that don't work on SA work fine on other sites.)

We don't have to abandon this, I mean they might find the reason.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
This happens to me once in a while. I clear cache, change browsers, reboot, sacrifice a few chickens, and eventually the problem mysteriously goes away? Somehow? :shrug:

yrmr
May 2, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

Have you tried logging in with the HTTPS box unchecked? I was having the same problem earlier but unchecking that while logging in is what fixed it for me. I'd also cleared my cache earlier but I don't know if that mattered.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Unfortunately none of the above solutions worked. I guess I'll be running a literally blind LP for a while until the issue fixes itself on my end.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The Yggdroids are hacking your browser for not picking Deep City.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Unfortunately none of the above solutions worked. I guess I'll be running a literally blind LP for a while until the issue fixes itself on my end.
Can't you use the SSLP test poster to preview your updates? It'll be annoying that you can't see the images on SA, but you should be able to get all the images in order in the tester.

EDIT: Also, one of the announcements when the forums got moved to the cloud was that you might have to undo any fuckery you made to your hosts file to deal with some of SA's issues in the past. I don't know if you ever did anything like that, but it's worth asking.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

This LP really doesn't want to be finished, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

By this point I've fully accepted that this LP is cancelled and restarted on a monthly or so basis.

I can't wait to see what the next LP-stopping obstacle is, and how Dr. Fetus surpasses it and keeps going. No FOE's going to keep you down.

• Locked thread