Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Libluini posted:

Can you shoot UAVs down if you notice them, or are they alway invisible to you?

You can blast those fuckers out of the sky yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Fans posted:

You can blast those fuckers out of the sky yeah.

yeah every once in a while check the sky. you can see their hover-jets and occasionally you'll be able to see them on radar

shooting down UAVs is very important because a 30-second wallhack is super-powerful. if you pop out of cover and they know you're coming, there goes all your armor

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

But.. you can put 2 more flamers on there if you use the Direwolf W CT.

But that would be silly, wouldnt it?
With 15 flamers you have 1 more weapon allowed, and you waste too much tonnage cause the mech is simply full at some point.
Even with 14 flamers and 2 gauss youre still 2.5 tons underweight if you fill everything with ammo...

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What pairs well with whatever X's if I want to peel away armor

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

What pairs well with whatever X's if I want to peel away armor

Do you mean LBX autocannons?

In that case, anything with good pinpoint damage, like pulse lasers, PPCs, Gauss, or regular IS AC 20s. Hammer a component to strip armor, fill with LBX pellets.

Disclaimer, I've never once used an LBX in this game. I have no idea if this is a worthwhile strategy. Some people seem to like it but the impression I get is that tryhards all think LBX are a waste of time.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

A.o.D. posted:

You know, even though she's wearing a shirt that says "new york" I bet she's british.

Nah, she's complained about something. If she was British she'd be signing 'oh it's fine, don't go out of your way, really' until she passed out.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Supraluminal posted:

In that case, anything with good pinpoint damage, like pulse lasers, PPCs, Gauss, or regular IS AC 20s. Hammer a component to strip armor, fill with LBX pellets.

Disclaimer, I've never once used an LBX in this game. I have no idea if this is a worthwhile strategy. Some people seem to like it but the impression I get is that tryhards all think LBX are a waste of time.

They are but they're fun

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Supraluminal posted:

Four LBX-10s on a Mauler is devastating under 200m because the spread isn't as a big of a deal and a rapid-fire 40-damage alpha (of which maybe like 32 damage goes where you want it to go) is no joke

beyond 200m it's useless though :(

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

Four LBX-10s on a Mauler is devastating under 200m because the spread isn't as a big of a deal and a rapid-fire 40-damage alpha (of which maybe like 32 damage goes where you want it to go) is no joke

beyond 200m it's useless though :(

What about the Dire Shotgun

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Supraluminal posted:

I love the LBX.

My Warhawk uses two L-BX 10 autocannons as main weapons. As back-up I crammed a medium ER and a 6er SRM-launcher in. Max armor and because I ran out of money to replace this weird omnipod which came with half a dozen unremovable heatsinks, I have no other weapons. On the other hand, I can shoot all my weapons all day long without overheating. And I have enough ammunition to shoot for minutes straight.

I even replaced the AC on my Nostalgia-Marauder with a type 10 LB-X because I love those stupid giant robot shotguns so much.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

tarbrush posted:

Nah, she's complained about something. If she was British she'd be signing 'oh it's fine, don't go out of your way, really' until she passed out.

That's only middle to upper class brits. The filthy troglodyte lower classes will attempt to sue you for anything that they can't glass you for. And don't even get me started on the Welsh.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Libluini posted:

I love the LBX.

My Warhawk uses two L-BX 10 autocannons as main weapons. As back-up I crammed a medium ER and a 6er SRM-launcher in. Max armor and because I ran out of money to replace this weird omnipod which came with half a dozen unremovable heatsinks, I have no other weapons. On the other hand, I can shoot all my weapons all day long without overheating. And I have enough ammunition to shoot for minutes straight.

I even replaced the AC on my Nostalgia-Marauder with a type 10 LB-X because I love those stupid giant robot shotguns so much.

You should consider the 2x UAC-10 Warhawk instead. It's pretty okay.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

You should consider the 2x UAC-10 Warhawk instead. It's pretty okay.

reminder that one of the Kodiaks will be able to rock 4 UAC/10 and be faster than the Dire Wolf

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Is the warhawk actually any good? I rarely see them so I assumed they were stinking garbage.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Fil5000 posted:

Is the warhawk actually any good? I rarely see them so I assumed they were stinking garbage.

they're not great -- wayy too big and the hardpoints are subpar

what's worse is that they are visually similar enough to Dire Wolves that people tend to focus them down like Dire Wolves

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

TjyvTompa posted:

Yes, they are just standing there. You wouldn't believe the amount of players who try to facetank the first mech they spot.

This is my mech after a 627m range showdown with a Direwolf. I could see his medium lasers impotently try to tickle me while I pounded his face with UAC5s.
His aim was very impressive though, look at that CT grouping despite the ballistic barrage. Helios much?

I'm not saying helios isn't prevalent but you guys seriously overestimate how hard it it to shoot other robots in this game.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Patton uses helio obviously

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

They're like the red-headed stepchild of the Dire Wolf. Faster but weaker. Still, I like them better than the Dire Wolf. Seriously, the Dire Wolf looks like someone replaced a mech cockpit with a salvaged nose from a wrecked plane. I can't stand that hideous thing. :colbert:

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Astroniomix posted:

I'm not saying helios isn't prevalent but you guys seriously overestimate how hard it it to shoot other robots in this game.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Astroniomix posted:

yeah I mean if you're in a staredown it's not that hard for him to put everything on your CT (or wherever else he happened to be aiming at the time)

ZenVulgarity posted:

Patton uses helio obviously

PRAISE THE SUN

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

reminder that one of the Kodiaks will be able to rock 4 UAC/10 and be faster than the Dire Wolf

Buy it for me then

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

You know, even though she's wearing a shirt that says "new york" I bet she's british.
I just googled the story and you are correct.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Fil5000 posted:

That's only middle to upper class brits. The filthy troglodyte lower classes will attempt to sue you for anything that they can't glass you for. And don't even get me started on the Welsh.

Safety Factor posted:

I just googled the story and you are correct.

Well poo poo

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

tarbrush posted:

Well poo poo

I am pretty sure the word crisp in the headline gave it away because wtf is a crisp?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

TjyvTompa posted:

Yes, they are just standing there. You wouldn't believe the amount of players who try to facetank the first mech they spot.

This is my mech after a 627m range showdown with a Direwolf. I could see his medium lasers impotently try to tickle me while I pounded his face with UAC5s.
His aim was very impressive though, look at that CT grouping despite the ballistic barrage. Helios much?

You're in a Cataphract dude. That mech is like 85% center torso

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

TeeMerk posted:

I am pretty sure the word crisp in the headline gave it away because wtf is a crisp?

Let's not get started on how terrible you lot are for calling chipped potatoes "fries". It's not called a fish and fries shop, now is it?

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Fil5000 posted:

4 LPL warhawk is good in a vacuum even though it has bad hardpoints. There's no reason to use it over a timberwolf, though.

Sputty fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 15, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pattonesque posted:

God damnit. I swore I wasn't gonna give them any more money.

Fil5000 posted:

They're like a dumpster fire that just got put out - it's not technically on fire any more, but it still is burnt trash. I love them though. Well, at least I love the 2x UAC-10 one. My other two are either laser vomit or a vomit/LRM hybrid because mad.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

TeeMerk posted:

A thin wafer of potato that is deep fried or kettle-cooked until crunchy.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I'm not going to get a kodiak because: 1) Never really liked that robbit. 2) Too many goons are going to have it, making competing for that 100 tons in a group problematic.
Mainly #1, though.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

After joining girl a few days ago I've recieved like 5 friend invites and people asking me "are you actually a girl?" lol

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Kawaii ne~

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

After joining girl a few days ago I've recieved like 5 friend invites and people asking me "are you actually a girl?" lol

sometimes the pubbies say things that make you smell cheetos in the back of your nose

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

hemale in pain posted:

well, time to whore yourself some gifts from the mech store

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Krinkle posted:

I was told that all arctic cheetahs were interchangable but I can't build this thing. The weight is off.

What's the difference between me
http://puu.sh/n8v52/c5ee26b58a.jpg
and this

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=291&l=0673c22705b1651b68e33300644d53eb895cf864
I mean I know I have a B and this is a prime but none of the parts claim to have a weight so I don't know why I can't have 6 lasers and 2 heat sinks.

Unless it's C.A.S.E. protected. How do I turn that off, if that's the problem?

vvv Then there should be MORE weight to play with not less!

I'm told I can't remove CASE from B so I guess I was lied to that they were all interchangeable and it didn't matter.

To be clear, I do not have enough weight free to build this build. It is a ton over spec. It is impossible to build this mech on the ACH-B

Nobody really answered this, but you should try stripping the mech using the strip mech button, saving it, then going back into the mechlab and building it again.

Sometimes, the mechlab gets confused about what is actually on a mech vs what is shown to be on a mech, and you can end up with weird, over tonned or under tonned robots. Stripping them will fix this.

ACH-B is the build on the B variant, using the prime and c omnipods where needed.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

well, time to whore yourself some gifts from the mech store

Has that worked

I bet it has

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

Has that worked

I bet it has

In every game that features humans, ever.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A.o.D. posted:

She is. Given british people's love for bland food I'm amazed doritos are even legal there

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Ilustforponydeath posted:

She is. Given british people's love for bland food I'm amazed doritos are even legal there

naw, it's not knife or gun-shaped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

EoRaptor posted:

Nobody really answered this, but you should try stripping the mech using the strip mech button, saving it, then going back into the mechlab and building it again.

Sometimes, the mechlab gets confused about what is actually on a mech vs what is shown to be on a mech, and you can end up with weird, over tonned or under tonned robots. Stripping them will fix this.

• Locked thread