Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

AlphaKretin posted:

How long has :nsallears: existed, and is there a story to it beyond :nsa:x:allears:? Because it (and :nsamad: and :nsavince: which I found about about while typing this) is loving amazing.
they're all from the yospos security fuckup thread afaik. It pretty much just is :nsa:x:allears: I guess. Like to respond to dumb unsecure practices that yospos finds amusing/adorable and that the NSA could potentially find useful.

you also missed :nsacloud: about the dangers of cloud computing because :regd08: (I think I may have made the cloud and allears ones, can't remember. but someone else bought them)

original smiley is from this c/o Snowden

edit: vvv oh yeah I made that one too lol. No idea who keeps buying them vvv

jony ive aces has a new favorite as of 17:40 on Feb 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Also
:nsa: + :spergin: = :fishmech:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Acne Rain posted:

why is a spinning melon slice a thread tag

because why not

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Choco1980 posted:

Off-topic, but this thing never stops being funny to me, especially how the most altered and ruined portion is the area with the least damage to it beforehand. I can't help but think of the scene in the Mr Bean movie where he ruins Whistler's Mother and all this becoming Life Imitating Art...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iTsLZFaYIw

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010
What is :bernget: supposed to be with regards to Bernie Sanders? "We've got this in the bag?"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
He's getting a hen, obviously

:henget:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Evilreaver posted:

He's getting a hen, obviously

Why does :henget: still confuse so many people? It's right there in the name.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Lizard Combatant posted:

Why does :henget: still confuse so many people? It's right there in the name.

Why does it have to be a hen? Why that goofy face? There's still more to be learned here. :tinfoil:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Why does it have to be a hen?

I don't understand the question.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Lizard Combatant posted:

I don't understand the question.

Why does it matter that the creepy face dude is catching a hen? You're catching a hen, so what?

If something is a 'slam dunk,' that's referring to basketball. Catching a hen refers to nothing as far as I can tell.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

HMS Boromir posted:

None of the Undertale smilies are from the LP thread

No, but it's from the Undertale thread in Games, of which is filled with obsessives likely diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum disorder of some sort.

*coughs*

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Why does it matter that the creepy face dude is catching a hen? You're catching a hen, so what?

If something is a 'slam dunk,' that's referring to basketball. Catching a hen refers to nothing as far as I can tell.

The "creepy face" dude is Bernie Sanders, it's a modified version of the original henget (the one in my post).

Hope that helps :)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You can use the hen get smiley when you are making a post about getting a hen, whether in a literal or a figurative sense.

Suenteus Po
Sep 15, 2007
SOH-Dan

Eddie Whitson posted:

What is :bernget: supposed to be with regards to Bernie Sanders? "We've got this in the bag?"

It's about income inequality.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

You can use the hen get smiley when you are making a post about getting a hen, whether in a literal or a figurative sense.
To the SAclopedia ! ! ?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

correct

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You can also use it when you are making posts about something else.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

You can also use it when you are making posts about something else.

:wrong:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Can I use this one to describe hen acquisition as well? I'm so confused by the etiquette of smilies.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Somfin posted:

Can I use this one to describe hen acquisition as well? I'm so confused by the etiquette of smilies.

you can but only when getting the hen would be illegal or morally wrong.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Requesting :wrongget: thanks in advance.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Elfgames posted:

you can but only when getting the hen would be illegal or morally wrong.

What if you catch a Hun instead of a hen? Can we use it then?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Lizard Combatant posted:

The "creepy face" dude is Bernie Sanders, it's a modified version of the original henget (the one in my post).

Hope that helps :)

Okay... So what is the original henget face? Nobody's really answering the question.

This guy: :whitewater: "whitewater"

e: And getting a hen figuratively means... Getting a bottle of Hennesy or a lady, I guess??

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I do not think you understand henget.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Okay... So what is the original henget face? Nobody's really answering the question.

e: And getting a hen figuratively means... Getting a bottle of Hennesy or a lady, I guess??

it means it's getting a hen

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BBJoey posted:

He doesn't 'get' the 'hen'.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BBJoey posted:

It's a good thing no one is trying to explain. Injoking in the Outing the injokes thread, how delightfully meta!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Your Computer posted:

It's a good thing no one is trying to explain. Injoking in the Outing the injokes thread, how delightfully meta!

I think this one may have no backstory. No genesis thread where getting hens made sense. Somebody made that smilie just to make people ask WTF is that about.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
We should have a separate encyclopedia - a SmiliePedia of you will - compiling all of the explanations of every esoteric smilie here.

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 13:19 on Feb 15, 2016

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012
I too think the thread for explaining injokes should be used for absolutely anything other than explaining injokes. Hot dog stairs. Get a hen.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

I think this one may have no backstory. No genesis thread where getting hens made sense. Somebody made that smilie just to make people ask WTF is that about.
So wait. What does the Bernie spinoff mean again

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

We should have a separate encyclopedia - a SmiliePedia of you will - compiling all of the explanations of every esoteric smilie here.

http://www.theonion.com/article/area-facebook-user-incredibly-stupid-36712

Also, as a big fan of hieroglyphic combinations of smilies to imply concepts related to both the 'parent' smilies, I love :downsa:.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

LordSaturn posted:

http://www.theonion.com/article/area-facebook-user-incredibly-stupid-36712

Also, as a big fan of hieroglyphic combinations of smilies to imply concepts related to both the 'parent' smilies, I love :downsa:.

So that one's for the days when you're like "haha, what? What is security?? what? haha this is crazy!"

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Whitewater isn't the original. Mr Greenwater is.

:mrgw: + :smith: = :whitewater:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Marta Velasquez posted:

Whitewater isn't the original. Mr Greenwater is.

:mrgw: + :smith: = :whitewater:

So what's a Greenwater?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

So what's a Greenwater?

A bleached Whitewater

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

So what's a Greenwater?

There was a goldmined thread and sequel where some guy messed with a guy delivering water to his home, by leaving messages that looked like they were written by a mentally disabled guy. The images are all long-dead but I'm pretty sure :mrgw: is one of the pictures the guy drew of the so-called Mr. Water.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
henget was a smiley bought by garbage day of a man getting a hen

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Suitaru posted:

There was a goldmined thread and sequel where some guy messed with a guy delivering water to his home, by leaving messages that looked like they were written by a mentally disabled guy. The images are all long-dead but I'm pretty sure :mrgw: is one of the pictures the guy drew of the so-called Mr. Water.

Thank you! Finally getting a straight answer here. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Why is :ironicat: in Olde Egyptian garb?