Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
neptune and co. are my friends, and i will accept them regardless of whatever hosed up speech pattern they are given by the ugly bad dumb idiot translators

i do think i prefer the re;birth translations though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CrashCat posted:

Finally we can get our "make Nep jump 1000 times" fix on the go

Only if she says "I'm a kangaroo!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mithalnu, do you know any japanese? legit question. the tone is a little different but she still sounds very modern japanese girl in the jp version.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

In Training posted:

I even use it when typing, I've noticed recently, which is kind of bizarre if you think about it

i sometimes loving put a question mark at the end of a statement because in my head im saying it with a rising inflection? lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's mega epic when you start typing poo poo like 'got 'em' and ''fore'

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
cant wait til persona 5!!!

y'all

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

it's fun seeing how many different ways people have localized osakan accents

Yeah, that is one I was thinking of. Though it does lead to anime girls with thick Brooklyn accents which is never not amazing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a prospector wipes his brow of sweat and sets his pickaxe aside, opening up the locket he wears around his neck. inside is his wife.

yukari.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Endorph posted:

mithalnu, do you know any japanese? legit question. the tone is a little different but she still sounds very modern japanese girl in the jp version.
Yeah, some. And i do note the ways in which she uses modern japanese girl patterns. It just doesn't feel as severe to me. Might also be because my first language is german, which sounds a fair bit similar to japanese. It's honestly interesting to hear other people's takes on the english clip! Cultural exchange and all that. :v:

I use that one all the time. It's just so convenient, y'all! :haw:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, that is one I was thinking of. Though it does lead to anime girls with thick Brooklyn accents which is never not amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWGqD_JAuEs

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ImpAtom posted:

Osaka in the Azumanga Daioh manga says "Fuggedaboutit" and it's great.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Joiseybot. :love:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Takoluka posted:

Osaka in the Azumanga Daioh manga says "Fuggedaboutit" and it's great.
the dub of the anime localized it as a really thick texan accent which was also great

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Has there been cockney in anime yet?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mithaldu posted:

my first language is german, which sounds a fair bit similar to japanese.

okay

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mithaldu posted:

Has there been cockney in anime yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQMCj3R59S8

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
osaka is cool

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Endorph posted:

the dub of the anime localized it as a really thick texan accent which was also great

Yeah, I liked Kira's performance in that. But yeah, you're right that it's fun seeing Osakan accents handled in English.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

all bad guys sound alike

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What accent did the welsh thing in Ni No Kuni originally have

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

What accent did the welsh thing in Ni No Kuni originally have

Osaka. Correct accents to translate Osaka to: Texas, Wales, Brooklyn. Basically everything.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

didnt know harley quinn was in that game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I use got 'em and y'all in texts all the time.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

In Training posted:

That's hosed up, fam

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Someone should localise Osakan to a scouse accent.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Ruggington posted:

That's hosed up, fam

if we're goiong to get into british/london slang we'll be hear all day

would loving love to see an anime game where the characters sound like grime artists though

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

In Training posted:

everyone uses y'all, i say it in texts and real life

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Y'all is good, y'all

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Been playing Tearaway. What a charming little game. As good as advertised.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Stux posted:

if we're goiong to get into british/london slang we'll be hear all day

would loving love to see an anime game where the characters sound like grime artists though

brit dub with country bumpkin accents would still need subtitles

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Takoluka posted:

Only if she says "I'm a kangaroo!"

what does a knockoff chinese phone game have to do with the norse apocalypse though

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I love the Dunbine and original Evangelion dubs because everyone is a Texan land developer.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

For those who've played Oreshika:
1. How often do you stay in a labyrinth for multiple months? I feel like I'm always being risky, and missing out on management stuff.
2. How worried should I be about running low on characters?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I just finished the story of Gundam Breaker 2 though I have not done any postgame yet.

Two biggest things for me:

- your AI allies can revive you
- the super annoying Survive Defend mission type from GB1 is gone.

That right there fixes my biggest complaints from the first game.

- the parts leveling system is different. In some ways easier, in some ways much more complex. Rather than simply building a part and having the RNG determine its stats, you build a part and then level it up predictably with resources collected in the game. What makes this hard is there are dozens of resource types and no catalog to tell you where they are available so hello FAQ and/or hours on the mission screens reviewing rewards.
- there wasn't as much variety of enemies as I'd hoped for though there may be more in postgame. Some enemies only showed up once or twice, though you will kill hundreds of GN-Xs, Strikes, and RX-78s.
- the Mammoth Gundam owns.
- the story is some VR thing where your character running around in a normal suit is in the real world and playing a computer game where you pilot a robot. The allies and enemies that appear in the game are all part of the simulation, which is not at all obvious and threw me a bit because they seemed to take it way too seriously to be playing a game.
- the Build Burning arms will carry you through the game so play on an account that has the DLC.

Overall better than the first but with GB3 just around the corner I recommend you wait for that. Unless they do something terrible to the parts system it will probably be an improvement.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'd hope for a localization, but the possibility of future Gundam games coming over is probably dependent on the performance of that gimped Vita game. :(

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

On the off chance that someone reads this and doesn't know if they should get the Danganronpa games, I think the first one was good but the sequel was terrible. I beat D1 in about a week or two, but D2 took me months. I got them because I liked the Zero Escape games and I thought this might fill the void. Despite enjoying the first game and its premise, the sequel was so bad that it pretty much ruined any good will I had toward the series and any desire I had to play the upcoming (final?) game. Almost all of the characters sucked, 95% of the insane amount of dialogue is completely pointless, and the story was terrible.

Play the first game if you really want to, but don't waste your time or money on the sequel. I kept playing because people said the ending was cool. Some stuff happened, but it seemed like a total cash grab based on the success of the first game. You can probably read the story on wikipedia and get just as much out of it.

Hopefully Steins;gate is good.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

^^ don't listen to this man.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

^^ don't listen to this man.

Or do, because DR2 is trash and Ibuki is the only good thing about it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
If you guys like weird localization choices go play DQ4 on DS sometime.

They kind just....give up at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

dragon quest translations are impeccable