Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

treevangelion feat. the most competent american army in all of manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh okay but what is its name?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

RatHat posted:

Uh okay but what is its name?

the first picture is a link

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Maybe people should stop doing that so no one needs to ask every single time.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Clarste posted:

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

Clarste posted:

please

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

KoB posted:

Started reading Helck. It is good.

e:

Piuy is the best.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Tomo-chan Wa Onnanoko

It's an adorable and funny 4koma series

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

jazz manga

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
just link to the series directly above the image, davincie

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dont or ill disown you, davincie

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they always taught us in school to not bow to peer pressure

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Make a stand for what is right Davincie

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuLi9MkTnI4

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Mr. T's Be Somebody or Be Somebody's Fool was pretty much the father I never knew.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Ainu Anus Patrol: Real Dogs of Japan

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Sharkopath posted:

Uh this is a japan thread, and japan has taught me that you should conform to your peers and not make waves being a creepy outsider.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
As long as there is some way to access or identify the series being recommended, it's kosher.

Give a title, provide a link, whatever. Let's not fight about this.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Ainu Anus Patrol: Real Dogs of Japan

woah, a Golden Kamui/Naruto crossover??

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Free the post

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Seafood I don't think the japanese keep kosher.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
What's the name of the jazz manga

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Blue Giant. You can click on the images davincie posts to go directly to the mangas.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i've started reading dungeon meshi and its good

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also Dungeon Meshi

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Dungeon Meshi is really awful and bad because there isn't more of it and I need more of it in my life and it's monthly

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's even worse because the author never makes long series and I never want dungeon meshi to end

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Tomo-chan Wa Onnanoko

It's an adorable and funny 4koma series

If anyone has any suggestions for stuff like this please let me know, I'm already reading Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

If anyone has any suggestions for stuff like this please let me know, I'm already reading Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun.

You might like Boku wa Ohime-sama ni Narenai, or Ojojojo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

You might like Yamada's First Time. It's a goofy romcom 4koma and can be fairly formulaic but definitely goes places, and while there are parts where it drags, overall it was a satisfying series, and the romance is cute. It's completed, too.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 15, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

You might like Boku wa Ohime-sama ni Narenai, or Ojojojo.

Captain Invictus posted:

You might like Yamada's First Time. It's a goofy romcom 4koma and can be fairly formulaic but definitely goes places, and while there are parts where it drags, overall it was a satisfying series, and the romance is cute. It's completed, too.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. 2/3 for hitting all the right marks. Yamada's First Time wasn't my thing.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Whoever here called that the Prison School guy would restart Me And The Devil Blues was right, there's a chapter 29 now.

Actually, are those old and just licensed? I didn't really read it past chapter 20.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 16, 2016

Feoffic
Feb 13, 2012

nerdz posted:

Actually, are those old and just licensed? I didn't really read it past chapter 20.
No, that's new. According to Wikipedia, there's a new volume out with chapters 29-34.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

nerdz posted:

Whoever here called that the Prison School guy would restart Me And The Devil Blues was right, there's a chapter 29 now.
:smugdog:

RareAcumen posted:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. 2/3 for hitting all the right marks. Yamada's First Time wasn't my thing.
What are you looking for, exactly? Because while it does take a bit to get going, Yamada's First Time(also known as B Gata H Kei) is a pretty cute romcom that also has some interesting messages about teens dissociating love and sex. There are a few bits in it that might as well not exist for how relevant they are but for a 4koma series it tells a pretty complete story with a surprising amount of character progression, which I don't really see very often in 4koma series(at least not to that extent).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

What are you looking for, exactly? Because while it does take a bit to get going, Yamada's First Time(also known as B Gata H Kei) is a pretty cute romcom that also has some interesting messages about teens dissociating love and sex. There are a few bits in it that might as well not exist for how relevant they are but for a 4koma series it tells a pretty complete story with a surprising amount of character progression, which I don't really see very often in 4koma series(at least not to that extent).

I dunno, just good funny stuff like Tomo-chan Wa Onnanoko or Hakoiri Drops. They don't have to be 4komas though, I just ended up finding them more often than not somehow.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

nerdz posted:

Its been out for a while.

It wasn't a call, it was what had already happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Nobody bothered to translate it until just now though.

• Locked thread