Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Kheldarn posted:

Hogun, of the Warriors 3.
Howling Commando Jim Morita.
Dr. Helen Cho.
Agent Melinda May.
Agent Daisy Johnson.
Jiaying.
I'd say the key words here were "beyond a cameo." Hogun was a blandly underwritten role who got bizarrely shipped back to his home Asian planet in the sequel for no reason. Asian Howling Commando did...literally nothing.

Helen Cho is a fair example, though it'd be disingenuous to equate her role to any of the other characters of that film.

Skye and May are, yeah, probably the two best Asian characters in the whole M"C"U, though they were both created specifically for their show so it doesn't exactly refute the whole "Marvel is really hampered by its dated source" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Maybe Hulk and Thor will visit the Asian planet in that movie and it'll be like Ninja Turtles 3.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

Look at this guy who didn't watch all of the smash-hit series 666 Park Avenue.

I think it's a she.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BrianWilly posted:

I'd say the key words here were "beyond a cameo." Hogun was a blandly underwritten role who got bizarrely shipped back to his home Asian planet in the sequel for no reason. Asian Howling Commando did...literally nothing.

They did just as much as their white compatriots in the Warriors 3(plus hot chick) and the Howling Commandos(also with other minorities!).

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Gyges posted:

They did just as much as their white compatriots in the Warriors 3(plus hot chick) and the Howling Commandos(also with other minorities!).

Nah, Lady Sif has done more than the other two dudes in her team. She had a sub-plot in Agents of SHIELD!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I had forgotten about Daisy, May and Jaiying. I even give May a pass for dancing around a Dragon Lady stereotype since the character was originally written as white to be a Mockingbird stand-in until Ming Na blew the audition out of the water.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I had forgotten about Daisy, May and Jaiying. I even give May a pass for dancing around a Dragon Lady stereotype since the character was originally written as white to be a Mockingbird stand-in until Ming Na blew the audition out of the water.

I also kind of give it a pass since its established that May really isn't like that at all and actually was a totally different person but we happened to catch her in the middle of a PTSD crisis.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Daredevil trailer tomorrow. Teaser here.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Daredevil vs. Punisher

Season 2 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KueFUYA7VJA

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
There is no emoticon for how i feel!

Elektra looks and sounds exactly as hot as she needed to be.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
:flashfap: x 1000000

Holy poo poo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:supaburn: So drat hype

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

lomzus posted:

Daredevil vs. Punisher

Season 2 trailer

hype levels critical, send help

is that a new priest?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
:vince:

poo poo that looks awesome.

Also, my avator is me watching that trailer.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
poo poo looks pretty dope, I'm excited. Still not thrilled that they're taking the easy route with the Matt/Karen thing but I'll just fast forward through that poo poo.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I can't wait to read this thread when it is full of sociopaths arguing that Punisher is the real hero.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

marktheando posted:

I can't wait to read this thread when it is full of insightful observers of effective vigilantism in action arguing that Punisher is the real hero.
agreed

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That's a given, the real question is how long until throws the "Batman is responsible for all of the Joker's victims" analogy into the ring.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Man, that's some underhanded poo poo on the priest's end. Telling a Catholic that their work isn't done until they don't feel guilty.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

is that a new priest?

That priest looks like he has seen and heard some serious poo poo.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

is that a new priest?

No, same guy.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
To be fair Father Latte was present for the Rwandan Genocide. He has indeed heard and seen some serious poo poo.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

HIJK posted:

To be fair Father Latte was present for the Rwandan Genocide. He has indeed heard and seen some serious poo poo.

Thanks for reminding me I am going to have to rewatch first season to refresh my memory.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I unironically cannot wait to watch the Punisher murder criminals and cheer him on.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Maybe the real criminal is us.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The Punisher is cool

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

gfanikf posted:

I unironically cannot wait to watch the Punisher murder criminals and cheer him on.

What if instead, he catches them but they keep escaping? I think that would be a much better show.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

henkman posted:

The Punisher is cool

gently caress Punisher. He's a disgrace to heroes, police, and military men.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah, he's pretty badass

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Speaking of terrible opinions...

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

What if instead, he catches them but they keep escaping? I think that would be a much better show.

I think that's Batman.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

True if he were a real person

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Man I love comic books don't you guys

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

you guys are right, only a real drooling moron would post an opinion that stupid. my apologies~

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lomzus posted:

Daredevil vs. Punisher

Season 2 trailer

Mask looking better, he has a huge stapled scar running down his face too.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

you guys are right, only a real drooling moron would post an opinion that stupid. my apologies~

I see what you did there.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I like The Punisher because I dislike the "loophole" of "non-lethal violence" which "good guy" vigilantes get to use to be total badasses without being bad people. Somehow. If you want to cheer when good guys brutalize bad guys because they deserve it, but you are only okay with it because genre magic allows an easily crossable line to crossable only by choice, that's hosed up. It's the basis of our PG-13 mentality, where it is not violence which is objectionable, but the consequences of violence which make people uncomfortable. It is okay to show children that violence is a solution, but you should't show them what violence looks like show it as being psychologically traumatic, because that sort of thing is for adults.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snak posted:

I like The Punisher because I dislike the "loophole" of "non-lethal violence" which "good guy" vigilantes get to use to be total badasses without being bad people.

I prefer the "Scud: The disposable assassin" style

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Snak posted:

I like The Punisher because I dislike the "loophole" of "non-lethal violence" which "good guy" vigilantes get to use to be total badasses without being bad people. Somehow. If you want to cheer when good guys brutalize bad guys because they deserve it, but you are only okay with it because genre magic allows an easily crossable line to crossable only by choice, that's hosed up. It's the basis of our PG-13 mentality, where it is not violence which is objectionable, but the consequences of violence which make people uncomfortable. It is okay to show children that violence is a solution, but you should't show them what violence looks like show it as being psychologically traumatic, because that sort of thing is for adults.

Can you rephrase this with less jargon plz. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Snak posted:

Punisher doesn't kill anyone with a name either.