Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

I seriously didn't know people still posted on MySpace, I assumed it was mostly band stuff now

It's entirely band stuff. You can still try to have a normal profile and they saved all your old stuff as "legacy content" or whatever, but the layout of the new site is completely awful and incomprehensible for any kind of social media platform. The old site may look hilariously outdated now, but I'd rather have that than the bizarre layout they changed to. That's probably at least a little bit of the reason why everyone abandoned it for Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Under 'things dad has shared on facebook today without a trace of irony':

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012

In what I am sure is a complete coincidence, Will Power complained in another comment thread I sadly couldn't find that he was too nice for girls to date.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
My right wing Uncle is on a spree today.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

OptimusShr posted:

Ted Nugent - Noted scholar of the Islamic religion.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I liked his music and his love of hunting and animal conservation.

Then Ted got bad. :(

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

OptimusShr posted:

People honestly think Trump is going to be able to carry out any of his campaign promises (or that he has any genuine desire to be president)? That's adorable.

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

So there's this Thing where the big deaf college was mad that their president wasn't born deaf. They were "not deaf enough" because they weren't born deaf to deaf parents and with a deaf spouse and deaf children. This president had a hearing spouse and hearing children and a deaf mother but was raised to speak orally and only learned sign language later.

So it doesn't matter if they can learn sign language.

From a couple pages back, but no. It wasn't that she wasn't "deaf enough", it's that she wasn't deaf at all. The majority of the Board of Trustees were also not deaf. The students didn't believe that their interests were sufficiently represented. The whole thing exploded because before Elizabeth Zinser was elected there had been substantial campaigning from Gallaudet's students and public support from all over the place, and the Board still put the only hearing person on the ballot in charge.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

SodomyGoat101 posted:

From a couple pages back, but no. It wasn't that she wasn't "deaf enough", it's that she wasn't deaf at all. The majority of the Board of Trustees were also not deaf. The students didn't believe that their interests were sufficiently represented. The whole thing exploded because before Elizabeth Zinser was elected there had been substantial campaigning from Gallaudet's students and public support from all over the place, and the Board still put the only hearing person on the ballot in charge.

I think that person was talking about Jane Fernandes, not Elizabeth Zinser. Fernandes is deaf, though her first language is English.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

EvilGenius posted:

People honestly think Trump is going to be able to carry out any of his campaign promises (or that he has any genuine desire to be president)? That's adorable.

He's a hardcore Trump supporter and is all in on the guy. almost everything I post in this thread is from him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
And now, in the interests of Equal Time For Other Whackjobs...

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SodomyGoat101 posted:

Nah, that case was completely understandable. I was talking about a different case of it, as Albie mentioned.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

And now, in the interests of Equal Time For Other Whackjobs...

Took me awhile to figure out the problem and then hoooooo boy

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Please don't zooshame.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Kink equality is the great civil rights struggle of our time. I dream of the day men of all kinks can look upon one another as equals

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

EvilGenius posted:

Mexico will pay for the wall so they can keep Americans out.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yeah, the message is good but the image is so painfully ineptly made it just spoils it.

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Yeah, the message is good but the image is so painfully ineptly made it just spoils it.

I think it might be one of those ironically poorly made memes, given that the first page I saw it shared from was Garfield420911.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Aramek posted:

I liked his music and his love of hunting and animal conservation.

Then Ted got bad. :(

For a time he wasn't full of poo poo.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Speaking of idiots on social media, I started writing an Fplus doc on shoplifters and there's a ton of bleed over into gross sugar daddy poo poo. People are more than willing to brag and form communities about doing terrible things on Tumblr.

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

Nah, that case was completely understandable. I was talking about a different case of it, as Albie mentioned.

Ah, my bad. I hadn't heard about Fernandez. Carry on!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012

change my name posted:

Speaking of idiots on social media, I started writing an Fplus doc on shoplifters and there's a ton of bleed over into gross sugar daddy poo poo. People are more than willing to brag and form communities about doing terrible things on Tumblr.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

They're already flipping making a all-guys version too specifically for you, rear end in a top hat. Stop complaining.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

The irony of that last line is so thick it has physical form.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

"Mah childhood" is the single most insufferable whine of modern consumer/pop culture.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Are...are they aware that the old movie will still exist and they can watch it whenever they want?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

zakharov posted:

Are...are they aware that the old movie will still exist and they can watch it whenever they want?

Retrospective girl cooties, though.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

You mean your secret tree house with a 'no girls' sign pinned outside? Yeah, I hear you.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

change my name posted:

They're already flipping making a all-guys version too specifically for you, rear end in a top hat. Stop complaining.

Please tell me you're joking

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Please tell me you're joking

I had to do some googling but it turns out there were rumors last year about an all-male Ghostbusters starring Chris Pratt and Channing Tatum. They have been discredited by people who actually own the property (though it apparently took some time), but that doesn't stop Wikipedia from having a blurb about it on their Ghostbusters page.

That said it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they did both an all-male and all-female Ghostbusters reboot eventually because Hollywood still thinks adaptations are the only way to make money (and they're partially right, but only because adaptations are the only thing Hollywood will throw enough money at to have a fighting chance for making big money).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

The rise of good sex robots will accelerate this process.

"Sex robots will break the back of feminism" is the funniest loving thing. No creeples, Summer Lessons wont allow you to stop treating women like human beings.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I had to do some googling but it turns out there were rumors last year about an all-male Ghostbusters starring Chris Pratt and Channing Tatum. They have been discredited by people who actually own the property (though it apparently took some time), but that doesn't stop Wikipedia from having a blurb about it on their Ghostbusters page.

That said it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they did both an all-male and all-female Ghostbusters reboot eventually because Hollywood still thinks adaptations are the only way to make money (and they're partially right, but only because adaptations are the only thing Hollywood will throw enough money at to have a fighting chance for making big money).

The rumors came from the Sony hack that revealed emails detailing current discussions about their properties. The Chris Pratt/Channing Tatum Ghostbusters was a very real thing for a while. It never got much beyond talk about whether it should come out at the same time as Feig's movie or after.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Do any of those guys have daughters or sisters or mothers?

Are they just walking vaginas waiting to be filled as well?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Generally, red pillers and similar internet misogynists are either bitter divorcees or manchildren who hate their mother and haven't had a meaningful relationship with any other women.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

zakharov posted:

The feminist brigades are going to round these guys up and force them to pay full price to see the new movie in theatres on opening night. That way we'll get even more lady versions of movies made to further fuel our anti-male propaganda machine. We're also going to force them to buy lots of concession treats too, because our main means of world domination is to empty their wallets. And then we won't even have sex with them after. They're all gettin friendzoned.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
If feminism leads to Melissa McCarthy being in any more movies, it is a bad thing.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
If feminism leads to more movies with Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones, I'm a feminist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Everyone's neutral about Kristin Wiig