Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Illuyankas posted:

Six pieces from the same set? Gross
Pretty sure the helmet is T3, so only 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Illuyankas posted:

Six pieces from the same set? Gross

Eh, I dunno. It's really hard to mix some sylvari dungeon armor with other stuff. Like that's the only one time I can think of someone being justified in not bothering to mix+match for maximum princessibg potential.

In other news I just beat xenoblade, and I'm not quite ready to dig into xenoblade X so I'm gonna start playing the game again. I need to grind out some viper gear, complete my gliding mastery and finish getting parts for my mesmer's new marauder armor. Or pieces of marauder armor, I've not yet decided.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Holy hell that took forever but my jump game is strong.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Dreggon posted:

cant really work this one out statwise

he has a utility buff that gives 100 toughness and 10% of toughness to ferocity, and a 70 toughness 20% boon duration food

i think he has durability runes but i can't work out the stats on the rest

The closest I can figure is Maurader armor and weapon, Cavalier and a few Berserker accessories. Then just kind of assuming they have the stacking Ferocity on kill sigil up to 25 and Assassin's Presence active. 6 might stacks, Facet of Nature, maybe Hardening Persistence? and the 40% Revenant fury are also loving with the stats. They have no actual Concentration so Wanderer's gear is out, and their Precision stat maths out so that they don't have a sigil of accuracy.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

quote:

The Storage Expander upgrade limit has been raised. You can now buy two more to raise your banked material storage stack size to 2000.

gently caress this.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Do people willingly buy those storage expanders?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

knowonecanknow posted:

Not willingly, no. Cletus made me. He held a boomerang to my neck.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Not willingly, no. Cletus made me. He held a boomerang to my neck.

That was a favour, he was holding back the chins for a nice Tinder photo.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Brain In A Jar posted:

That was a favour, he was holding back the chins for a nice Tinder photo.

drat

Fuzzy Butt
Jan 8, 2009

(not a furry)
Mesmer has added a HARD MODE addendum to his already challenging guild hall jumping puzzle.

Also looks like Dreggon's getting into the jumping puzzle spirit. Check out his spooky spider jumping puzzle too!

[SFD] #1 Best Guild Hall, N.A.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

my puzzle is not hard enough

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

knowonecanknow posted:

I almost did, before I asked around and found out that they don't do poo poo to your regular inventory slots.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Bieeardo posted:

I almost did, before I asked around and found out that they don't do poo poo to your regular inventory slots.

If they worked on regularly inventory slots and bank slots I would have maxed them out :(

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

You guys were not kidding when you said making and selling legendaries was good money.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Illuyankas posted:

You guys were not kidding when you said making and selling legendaries was good money.

How much is that compared to what you would have made just selling the mats involved?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Via GW2efficiency: Buy-ordering all the materials you can and sell-listing the Bolt is a 920 gold profit. Costs you nearly a million Karma (about 120 gold in forged gloves, if you're that patient), a couple hundred spirit shards, and a Gift of Exploration though. That includes buying Zap, which is cheaper to craft through the precursor collection, or you could get it out of the forge with some luck.

Their calculator also doesn't account for useful failures from the clover recipe, so you get some savings back there too.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

A couple hundred spirit shards and a gift of exploration?

Guess I'd better start making legendaries.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Organza Quiz posted:

How much is that compared to what you would have made just selling the mats involved?

I made more profit than expected since I got Zap in the forge, but I started at 1350g, made it with 645g remaining and listed it (selling for 3200g, buy orders are for the weak) with 475g left. Then I took that screenshot about an hour ago. So even if I'd bought 200g worth of extra mats from what I had already, I'd have made mad bank. Did sell the leftover mats too, cause why not?

Of course, now I want to do it again and I don't have triple figures of any dungeon token, soooooo

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Illuyankas posted:

This seems like a good way to cash out on all of the clovers/etc. that I've collected over the years.

*scrolls through list of ingredients*

nope

penofguino
Aug 8, 2015
I made sunrise cause I liked the skin, so now I plan to make twilight and finally eternity to sell. My main problem will be keeping enough gold to cover the listing price.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Been looking through gw2efficiency to see how much the precursors are to craft, and the aquatic ones are ridiculous (although more reasonably so after I took the use own items option off).

Craft the staff pre: 859g.
Craft the trident pre: 73g.

They could have made it a little less obvious how much they were tailored to the existing pre costs, you know?

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003
If they were priced based on usefulness instead of current TP cost, I think they'd be about the same.

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

I regret not giving my Necro a dumb action hero name.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i am dumb and installed this game again. havent played in...2 years? but i got a new pc and can play at more than 10fps (how the hell did i ever do jumping puzzles like that jesus) and what the hell. i missed my beedog :3: used to be in sfd but i was removed i guess which is fair. Awesome.6120 if either arus or someone in goon wants to invite me.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Did they ever go back and fix fireballs? At least give you a personal toggle?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
A [GOON] squad scientific breakthrough: Gliding spider holding gun.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

deathbot posted:

A [GOON] squad scientific breakthrough: Gliding spider holding gun.

glorious nation of old mesmer asura discoveries

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

knowonecanknow posted:

Yes because if I have another set of stacks of that loving bloodstone dust clogging my inventory I will go insane and eat my keyboard. I use gold-gem exchange to buy everything though, it doesn't count if it's not 'real' money does it?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dreggon posted:

glorious nation of old mesmer asura discoveries

remember that time we made a snowman have a laser gun penis

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Huh, that's genuinely interesting. I'm not interested in making any of the non-HoT legendaries for myself (I just don't especially love any of the skins) but I was planning on doing world completion and I have a ton of spirit shards and plenty of karma hanging around, so I might give that a go when I'm done with map completion.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

kater posted:

Did they ever go back and fix fireballs? At least give you a personal toggle?

Nope. But at least there's a toggle to separate the Deposit and Compact buttons in the dropdown list! :v:

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
Do / How often do bank/bag slot expansions go on sale? I just want to get 1-2 so I don't have to start trashing boosters to make room for other items, but $7.50 for 11 bank slots, or $5 to use one more bag seems ridiculous

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
You can convert your boosters to generic ones that'll give any boost (the generics come in combat and non-combat varieties) for ten silver per conversion at a bunch of merchants around the world. Just don't convert karma boosters, the rate sucks.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Magres posted:

You can convert your boosters to generic ones that'll give any boost (the generics come in combat and non-combat varieties) for ten silver per conversion at a bunch of merchants around the world. Just don't convert karma boosters, the rate sucks.

More importantly you can't get karma boosts out of the generic ones anymore (unless they changed that back?).

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Tambaloneus posted:

Yes because if I have another set of stacks of that loving bloodstone dust clogging my inventory I will go insane and eat my keyboard. I use gold-gem exchange to buy everything though, it doesn't count if it's not 'real' money does it?

Yes it does. Get mawdrey.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Hell, get Herta.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Primetime posted:

Do / How often do bank/bag slot expansions go on sale? I just want to get 1-2 so I don't have to start trashing boosters to make room for other items, but $7.50 for 11 bank slots, or $5 to use one more bag seems ridiculous
11 bank slots? Each bank tab you buy is 30 slots.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Illuyankas posted:

Hell, get Herta.

Herta is free. Nothing screams 1% like paying lots of gold for something inferior.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Illuyankas posted:

Hell, get Herta.

I think that's my next one to get. I spent the best part of the last couple nights getting Princess and the Star thingie that eat the other two resources. I now have a lot of baubles in my inventory from the orphan quest. I sort of thought they'd want those back, y'know - since I traipsed all over the place to get them, no? you don't? why did I bother? Well anyway... where did they go anyway? Weren't they orphans? Why did.. actually I don't care. Magic star.

Also is there anything funnier than getting all the way to the end of the sharkmaw thing like twice and realizing you lost the gun somewhere along the way? Oh why yes, I'll do the whole thing again ... and what the hell where did the loving gun go?! What am i doing wrong, am I being hosed with?

No, you twit, you are not being hosed with. DONT PICK UP THE TORCH IN THE DARK ROOM YOU FAT TWIT.

Third time's a charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Herta is really easy, if tedious. Just fire up a guide and connect the dots.

• Locked thread