Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is a novella and an audio drama (the later included with FFX HD) which establkish thast post FFX-2 Yuna discovers Tidus isn't Tidus but a weird copy of Tidus and all the dead things are coming back to life so she goes and prepared to kill Sin again after breaking up with notTidus.

This is canon. It is how FFX's worldsetting ends.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the hosed up part is 'it was a trick of some evil entity' is sort of an interesting idea, if it didn't involve kicking a bomb that looked like a blitzball

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ImpAtom posted:

There is a novella and an audio drama (the later included with FFX HD) which establkish thast post FFX-2 Yuna discovers Tidus isn't Tidus but a weird copy of Tidus and all the dead things are coming back to life so she goes and prepared to kill Sin again after breaking up with notTidus.

This is canon. It is how FFX's worldsetting ends.

So wait, this ends with pretty much the better ending of X-2 where Yuna just accepts Tidus is loving unbearable now gone and moves on? I'd ask why they even made 2.5 but apparently money is a good thing for anyone to have.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
obligatory at this point

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

My favourite part of FFX-2.5 is how every time it comes up someone has missed it until now and we get to see them :psyboom: in real time. :allears:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

This is the truest form of art.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
http://puu.sh/n9wR5/d839df02e3.webm

Blizzard is vicious

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

:allears:

That link was the reason I bought the HD remaster in the first place. I really wasn't expecting a lot of depressing stuff while playing FFX :(

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CeallaSo posted:

Not sure what kind of person would want Sin to be back, but there you go.

Tidus has daddy issues

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Maybe the boy band should wear more comfortable clothes other than loving leather. The more I see of this game, the more I am disappointed in advance. I just wanted a buddy video game where you and your purely platonic male friends go on adventures, and do nice friend stuff together like checking out the babes as they pass by in their Jettas on the corner and throwing the ole pigskin around, things I never got to do growing up as an orphan in Illinois. This was supposed to be the way I vicariously lived my childhood, and Square-Enix is actively ruining it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I don't see how a cast of anime boys in tight leather clothes precludes the possibility of having a fun roadtrip and, in fact, afaik only makes it more fun :colbert:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Because that's Nomura's fetish, and the future I desire is one of pure, chaste love between two or more persons of the same gender with no erotic undertones.

EDIT: Imagine if Edward, Cecil, Kain, and Yang just went on a roadtrip.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It would be awful

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gologle posted:

Because that's Nomura's fetish, and the future I desire is one of pure, chaste love between two or more persons of the same gender with no erotic undertones.

Give me Bartz, Boco, Galuf, and Gilgamesh instead.

Baal posted:

It would be awful

Yeah, those guys are definitely not road trip bros. Cecil and Yang would talk about nothing but work while Kain would wander off by himself writing poetry. Edward would go under a rock and cry all night wanting to go back home.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You picked some of the most boring ff characters to go on a road trip with

Mega64 posted:

Now this I can get behind

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Mega64's idea is admittedly better.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Braska, Jecht and Auron would be another good one, with the added benefit that it's completely canon.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Gologle posted:

No, FF15 has to be gayer actually.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sabin, Cyan, and Gau made pretty good road trip bros. Maybe throw Setzer and/or Edgar in there for good measure.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Edgar is a necessity as the skeeze who reminds us not to sink too far but who will pull more than his weight when push comes to shove, Gilgamesh is the idiot who mixes it up and makes sure everyone has a good time but always gets everyone out of the lovely situation that he inevitably caused, Vivi is the naive child who finally has an opportunity to come out of his shell and experience the world, and Setzer is the dreamer who set the whole thing in motion with his quest for romance and adventure... and owns the airship so we couldn't leave him behind if we wanted.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
i don't know what kind of friends you have but none of mine match those archetypes

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gologle posted:

i don't know what kind of friends you have but none of mine match those archetypes

I'm shocked you even know what a friend is.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mega64 posted:

Why not just a Dawn Warriors spin-off? Xezat, Dorgann, Kelger and Galuf.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

bloodychill posted:

and Seifer is the dreamer who set the whole thing in motion with his quest for romance and adventure

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm shocked you even know what a friend is.

who says i do plz dont put words in muh mouf

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So in FFXII, Reddas just joined, I have my airship, and the final dungeon is being namedropped. But I've got a bunch of weapon/armour/magic tiers left and I'm only 30 hours in. I'm assuming the game does not end quite yet?

Also I accidentally forgot to rotate my party and half my characters are miles behind, is there a safe/easy way/place to catch them up?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

AlphaKretin posted:

So in FFXII, Reddas just joined, I have my airship, and the final dungeon is being namedropped. But I've got a bunch of weapon/armour/magic tiers left and I'm only 30 hours in. I'm assuming the game does not end quite yet?

Also I accidentally forgot to rotate my party and half my characters are miles behind, is there a safe/easy way/place to catch them up?

There's a lot of optional content in FFXII which should take you easily another 70 hours if you want.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

AlphaKretin posted:

I actually totally take advantage of Reddas being around and go do a bunch of optional bosses and Hunts at that point, since he's basically free back-up and costs you nothing to have around.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

E:^^^ Yeah that's what I'm doing at the moment.

Yeah but I mean if I fly to this new place will I be locked into a sequence that ends the game on me?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AlphaKretin posted:

E:^^^ Yeah that's what I'm doing at the moment.

Yeah but I mean if I fly to this new place will I be locked into a sequence that ends the game on me?

If you go to the Pharos you will not be allowed out until Reddas is gone. I don't remember if you're forced to do the extremely short final dungeon immediately after that, but it doesn't matter since you've lost Reddas.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Aaaaa gently caress hunts. "I'll come with you for this one. But you'll still have to double back to where we first met for your reward." "Oh, you killed the thing in Giza Plains? You can have your reward when the rains go away in literal hours. Also you probably had to wait for the reverse to meet me." "To get to the target, you'll have to knock down some trees, find the key on "a beach" after its dropped in the end of another hunt at the same place, kill everything and return, and wait five minutes. Also it's somewhere in Ivalice I guess."

The game's lucky I enjoy the actual fights.

E: And before someone jumps down my throat yes I'm exaggerating, geez.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Hunts are fun but man I do wish some of them had Xenoblade's features of just letting you finish the quest there and then with no extra travel.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
You can do that dungeon now, Reddas will leave but you won't be at the point of no return until the next sequence which will be heavily telegraphed.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I made good on my threat to :justpost: about Final Fantasy Explorers.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764597

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

AlphaKretin posted:

Aaaaa gently caress hunts. "I'll come with you for this one. But you'll still have to double back to where we first met for your reward." "Oh, you killed the thing in Giza Plains? You can have your reward when the rains go away in literal hours. Also you probably had to wait for the reverse to meet me." "To get to the target, you'll have to knock down some trees, find the key on "a beach" after its dropped in the end of another hunt at the same place, kill everything and return, and wait five minutes. Also it's somewhere in Ivalice I guess."

The game's lucky I enjoy the actual fights.

E: And before someone jumps down my throat yes I'm exaggerating, geez.

Not exaggerating by much, if memory serves me right.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Weather is RNG-based, but the dice rolls every time you enter a zone. If you want a particular weather pattern or chest layout, enter and leave an area. Not even the whole area, just a zone in an area until the weather changes. It's tedious, but you can reset the clock quickly.

It took me two hours to get a ribbon from that one random chest gently caress me that's the worst thing FF12 ever did. Why so much RNG?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Weather is RNG-based, but the dice rolls every time you enter a zone. If you want a particular weather pattern or chest layout, enter and leave an area. Not even the whole area, just a zone in an area until the weather changes. It's tedious, but you can reset the clock quickly.

It took me two hours to get a ribbon from that one random chest gently caress me that's the worst thing FF12 ever did. Why so much RNG?

They wanted to bring some MMO design to FF12 and their best point of reference was FF11. That should explain everything.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hiding the overpowered end-game ultimate weapon away in the loot tables of otherwise nondescript treasure chests that don't respawn in early game dungeons was one of the dumbest design decisions I can remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oxxidation posted:

Not exaggerating by much, if memory serves me right.

Well I mean all of the things in that last one happen*, just obviously not all at once.

*except for "in Ivalice" because I couldn't figure out how to convey hunts that expected you to get "a secret area in the Nam-Yensa sandsea reached through the Zertinian Caverns through a secret entrance in the Ogir-Yensa sandsea" from "Nam-Yensa sandsea"

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Weather is RNG-based, but the dice rolls every time you enter a zone.

I was talking about the Giza Plains where the rains/dry are on, IIRC, a 1/2 hour rotation. There's something about a Seeq that can tell you how soon or change it at will or something but I've never found him.