Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

joachim783 posted:

there is a table for reclaim costs on the wiki so i calculated it out and for a reclaim cost of 300k you would be risking around 15-20m depending on the distribution of item value unless you had some untradeable item with a high reclaim value like the Asylum surgeon's ring which has a reclaim value of 500k.

Korsai's sword has a value of 245k if you die in the wildy. That has to be what was the big item. But I still don't know why it didn't drop to a grave because I wasn't in the wildy when I died...I was in Priffidnas, and unskulled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read
Dec 21, 2010

taiyoko posted:

Korsai's sword has a value of 245k if you die in the wildy. That has to be what was the big item. But I still don't know why it didn't drop to a grave because I wasn't in the wildy when I died...I was in Priffidnas, and unskulled.

Are you sure you didn't just fail to get to the grave? Timers are very low after the death change, I believe the base time is 3 minutes or less depending on which grave you own and it can only be extended to 5 minutes with consumable items (Signs of Respite).

If you need money to rebuy your gear I can loan you a bit, I'm not playing so it's just sitting idle on my account.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Read posted:

Are you sure you didn't just fail to get to the grave? Timers are very low after the death change, I believe the base time is 3 minutes or less depending on which grave you own and it can only be extended to 5 minutes with consumable items (Signs of Respite).

If you need money to rebuy your gear I can loan you a bit, I'm not playing so it's just sitting idle on my account.

If the "don't save" items did go to my grave, then I guess I may not have gotten back in time as I was trying to desperately read up on the new mechanics. I'm pretty sure I have the best grave available though. I may have timed out on it.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Simsmagic posted:

this is great

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

I'm overdue for a new avatar anyway. Hope it fits!

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Glory GoonScape

Today's Update News

Sliske’s Scoreboard | Gather Sliskelion Pieces and Earn XP Lamps

Earn XP lamps from Sliske’s Scoreboard by collecting Sliskelion pieces. You can find these by skilling and killing around Gielinor just like strange rocks. Teleport to the scoreboard at the Grand Exchange after collecting 50 pieces to claim your XP lamp. You can do this once a week and it resets at 00:00 UTC every Wednesday. Speaking to the scoreboard will give you the option to opt-out of the event.

This event is for free-to-play, members’, and Ironman accounts.

Patch Note Highlights

* The clan noticeboard now displays the name and world of clan Avatar Wardens.
* A runestone has been added to the Avatar habitat that allows clan members with correct permissions to recall avatars back to citadel. Wherever the avatar is it will be de-summoned and will immediately return to the citadel.
* Magic notepaper can now be used on items to note them as well as using an item on magic notepaper.
* Players fond of the retro mouseover text in the top-left can now toggle it on in Interface Settings. The modern mouseover text option has also been migrated to Interface Settings.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Two weeks until bonus XP weekend! What are you guys planning on picking up? I'm thinking about 70 agility, 68 summoning, and then whatever time I can spend on melee+slayer after. Either that or 60 summoning, 61-70 smith, and 78-80 ranged to get the level requirements for RCB out of the way. What do you guys think?

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

I have been putting all bonus xp into summoning and should have the resources to at least get myself the yak.
Other than that I have a load of protean stuff stacked up and will work my way through them.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I haven't been lucky with any protean rewards lately. Have some planks left over from my last bout of membership but all of my rolls lately have been junk

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

There will no doubt be Treasure Hunter promos that give all the good stuff just before the weekend, so stack on keys if you can.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I should really get back to doing quests with these levels:

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

Quests are for nerds!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
1560 total / 65 quest points represent. Though I spent a few hours today doing the lead up for Smoking Kills and then finished it + 100cb to make better use of Duradel. Up to 10 keys now for the aforementioned TH hoarding

a fragile ego
Oct 19, 2014

I'm pretty sure I have a sub-1k total level or at least I'm barely above it (my highest skill is cooking at 70) and I have I THINK 280 quest points, truly an anomaly for most RS players. Definitely something I'm proud of.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
whats up with the goon clan in rs its always got like 1-3 people in it when i joined as a guest and no one talks ever maybe im just on at bad times?

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
CLANS DEAD, BRING BACK KARI AND GOONGEONEERING

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I would enjoy a return to dungeoneering

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Swicky posted:

CLANS DEAD, BRING BACK KARI AND GOONGEONEERING

Kari is never coming back. She has discovered the wonderful world of anime and repented for all her puns.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

whats up with the goon clan in rs its always got like 1-3 people in it when i joined as a guest and no one talks ever maybe im just on at bad times?

we got below the people threshold to start regular conversations, which is like a vicious cycle because it discourages people from talking which discourages people from talking, etc.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Ahahahaha, holy poo poo. "We've removed the need to play a round of soul wars from the requirements for Nomad's Requiem."

Maybe I will get off my rear end and get that quest cape after all.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Kari is never coming back. She has discovered the wonderful world of anime and repented for all her puns.

So you've resorted to spreading false Narumors about me? I suppose this is expected. Gohan. Let's see what else you've got. How would you like it if I were to Pikachur flaws? You wouldn't get out in One Piece w-hentaime comes for you to face the consequences.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

So you've resorted to spreading false Narumors about me? I suppose this is expected. Gohan. Let's see what else you've got. How would you like it if I were to Pikachur flaws? You wouldn't get out in One Piece w-hentaime comes for you to face the consequences.

This isn't punny enough! t:mad:

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Well, darkscape update!

I haven't been a total sperg I promise!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I knew i'd be able to get our resident lurking italiyandere out of hiding. It's been so long... I almost miss the pu--

Themata posted:

--okay i'm over it. :colbert:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 16, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Themata posted:

PL literally you leaving is like, the only reason I don't play anymore :(

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Hey, the NXT client beta is live from like 13 hours ago to noon runescape time on Monday. Try it out, it really runs a lot better and looks a lot nicer. It also makes the game playable framerate on my old laptop I use for travel (a 2007 thinkpad with a Core 2 Duo and intel graphics) when it really isn't playable in the normal client these days.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

fishmech posted:

Hey, the NXT client beta is live from like 13 hours ago to noon runescape time on Monday. Try it out, it really runs a lot better and looks a lot nicer. It also makes the game playable framerate on my old laptop I use for travel (a 2007 thinkpad with a Core 2 Duo and intel graphics) when it really isn't playable in the normal client these days.

Oh poo poo, that sounds good-

I've been staring at this for 5 minutes now and I cannot close the "options" in the lower left corner. :v:

edit: hanging out in the land of the hovering, faceless elves now

edit2: why

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Feb 20, 2016

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Oh look. The game got interesting finaly!

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

So what's the timing for getting the most free dxp at the citadel?

Other than capping on Stone, I mean

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Grabbed a dozen summoning levels already, now I have to head off for work. Don't think I have the charms to get what I wanted anyway

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

:yosbutt:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
huh, haven't checked on the goonscape thread in a while, wonder what's g-

:shepface:

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

RIP darkscape

https://darkscape.runescape.com/news/2015/12/the-status-of-darkscape.html

I will never play another jagex game

This is the drop party my pubbie clan did when they announced it.

Bear in mind we have no chaotics and AGS is like 25m there. 25m = 125m rs3.

115m (560m rs3) is about as big of a cash pile as anyone has. We did 3-4 of these.

jiggerypokery fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 29, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

dorkscape died the way it lived. :rip:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Jagex posted:

As a special thanks, those who've logged into DarkScape 20+ times with 10+ hours total playtime between 1st January and today's announcement will receive a month's membership in RuneScape once DarkScape closes.

Also, anyone who's spent 10 hours or more playing DarkScape from launch until today's announcement will receive a special cape in RuneScape main game. Details to come soon.

All right, time to see who the REAL player killers are in this clan. :hitler:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
so i dont come here often but i thought this was worthy to come to this awful site need to share this while it lasts http://imgur.com/aaRQ258 (sorry dont know how to post picture here so ill just link like a noob i am)

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

so i dont come here often but i thought this was worthy to come to this awful site need to share this while it lasts http://imgur.com/aaRQ258 (sorry dont know how to post picture here so ill just link like a noob i am)

Wrap image link in [img] or [timg]

Like so:

*yoink*

e: or... just keep it linked. That's fine too. :stare:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
is osrs or rs3 worth coming back to? I was maxed before but invention came out and it looks cool. Kinda want to try that osrs continent too. Got a month before I really have anything to do with my life. Only really wanna come back if there's a decent amount of people to play with.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I just started playing again bought a 3 month sub blind. Does anyone know if there is an updated 1-99 combat guide anywhere that isn't totally outdated? Or should I just level based off slayer tasks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read
Dec 21, 2010

It's hard to go wrong with slayer, the wiki training guides look to be out of date but you can probably still mine some useful information out of them.