Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Hahaha this sure is something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Casu Marzu posted:

This is such a weird episode so far. :psyduck:

I'm surprised at how meandering and ridiculous it is after that intro that wouldn't be out of place on 24.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Echophonic posted:

I'm surprised at how meandering and ridiculous it is after that intro that wouldn't be out of place on 24.

Seriously. I was afraid it was going that route but uh wow. Definitely not.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Wow it's still going.

sd6
Jan 14, 2008

This has all been posted before, and it will all be posted again
Lone gunmen!!

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

gently caress you Chris Carter

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Hahah what the gently caress

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Whhhhaaaaaat

Eta: I can see why they switched this ep from the second slot

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

sd6 posted:

Lone gunmen!!

And Skinner!

I also liked the CSM as Charon or whatever.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
What is this episode? :psyduck:

Iowa Snow King posted:

Whhhhaaaaaat

Eta: I can see why they switched this ep from the second slot

This wouldn't have run second, it takes place after Scully's mom died. I think the only episode they moved around was the second one they aired.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

There's only like 15 min left. What the hell is gonna wrap this up.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

hcreight posted:

Two Middle Eastern men blow up an art installation containing a painting of Mohammad making GBS threads terrorists. Not-Mulder and Not-Scully are assigned to the case. Not-Mulder is a dumbass and thinks Mulder has insight into talking to the dead. Scully's solution amounts to mad science and she pisses off not-Scully by borrowing her parter. Mulder's solution amounts to getting high and hallucinating a honky tonk bar and the river Styx.

And suddenly it gets compelling, rather than stupid. The tonal shift almost broke my TV.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 16, 2016

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

hcreight posted:

This wouldn't have run second, it takes place after Scully's mom died. I think the only episode they moved around was the second one they aired.

Well now I'm just confused

Maybe Duchovny has a "bad trip" clause in his contract

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Echophonic posted:

And suddenly it gets compelling, rather than stupid. The tonal shift almost broke my TV.

Dang this.

sd6
Jan 14, 2008

Whats with all the emo music and sitting around. This episode is all over the place

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
You know, you really undermine your "not all Muslims are terrorists" when out of ~15 Muslims you show only 1 is not a terrorist.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

This is the worst poo poo I've ever seen

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I dunno, it was kinda enjoyable.

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
:wtf: I've seen episodes of the original run that were bad, especially in the last seasons, but this is the first that was just plain inept, like they didn't have any idea what they were setting out to do with this story.

sd6
Jan 14, 2008

There were a couple of great episodes so far, like the Were-Man and the garbage man one. But the premiere and this episode were just.... hectic. Like the pacing is all over the loving place, I dunno

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
What the hell was that

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

That episode was a disaster. An at times entertaining disaster, but nonetheless.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

hcreight posted:

That episode was a disaster. An at times entertaining disaster, but nonetheless.

Yeah. I think this is the best way to put it. :wtf: but I enjoyed the ride?

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
That last scene was truly terrible. I kind of wish they had come up with a way to make things more ambiguous as to whether or not mulder's visions actually produced the solution, or somehow made them combine with Scully's otherwise useless one-way conversation to get there. I had fun while I was watching it but even minutes after it's over I'm liking it less

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

If this had followed the 1st episode I would have been really, really discouraged about the comeback. Thank god for the Morgans and Wong.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
The X-Files had done "isolated groups of homogeous alternate culture" episodes before and I am hugely disappointed that they didn't handle this issue like that. Normally there would have been a scene where they talk to an Imam, and then some of the more extreme members of the Mosque, until they realize that either A. It was an obscure Arabic demon, or B. An outside group attempting to discredit them.

That ends my X-Files fan fiction, thank you.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

This episode sure tried to do a lot of things and yes, I'd categorize it as an enjoyable mess. That last shot was beautiful, though.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I would probably watch a series based on Not-Mulder and Not-Scully. X-Files:TNG

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I would probably watch a series based on Not-Mulder and Not-Scully. X-Files:TNG

They're both in next week's episode, so it's possible that they're toying with that idea.

It would be a little on the nose to do a spinoff with characters that much alike the originals, but who can tell where Carter's head is at at this point?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Oh god, the finale is going to be a disaster of biblical proportions.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
That was unquestionably the worst X-files episode I've ever seen. What a pile of poo poo.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
I don't wanna say it was a bad episode because it didn't really feel finished, or complete, more like a rough draft

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Iowa Snow King posted:

I don't wanna say it was a bad episode because it didn't really feel finished, or complete, more like a rough draft

Yeah, but they filmed it, showed it on television, and made me watch an ad with Steve Harvey in it. It's finished.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Iowa Snow King posted:

more like a rough draft

aka post-season 5 Chris Carter episode

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I notice Agent Miller from an episode of How I Met Your Mother were his name was Scooby. :)

Calde
Jun 20, 2009
That was the single worst episode of The X-Files I have ever watched. It's kind of disappointing that after so many years they couldn't scrounge a half-dozen good ideas for this mini-series to make each episode fantastic.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah this was loving terrible.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow, this was a loving mess. It's almost impressive how bad this is.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Weird they let an 16 year old 'deep' thinking high school student write a script for the X-Files.

I also love how despite Mulder and Scully stating how racist everyone is, we get what...one sympathetic Muslim character? Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
This is pretty much the second movie in episode form. Take conservative paranoia, strip it of any remaining subtlety, find a halfassed way to do a monologue so Cris Carter's new agey bullshit can come through, and act like its real insight. Second movie did "married gay scientists abducting women to become transgender," this one does "refugee terrorism," both are steaming piles of crap.

• Locked thread