Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Actually, thinking about it, I'm not sure the regular cataphractii arm will fit easily without a good amount of work either. I'll double-check later today, but I'm pretty sure the praetor's body has some of those tassle things built into it and the regular arm has those molded on it too. Even that would take a lot of trimming. You'd also have to account for the odd shape of the torso/arm contact point. I don't know what to recommend at this point. Character models can sometimes be a bitch to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Any details on new smaller scale game modes in Book 6?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

Their only real bad units are Abaddon and Loken.

10,000 years later, he's just as bad

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
On paper Abaddon doesn't seem godawful, just less of a head-to-head combat monster than a vanilla Paragon Blade Praetor. He's essentially a Tartaros Praetor with an Iron Halo and MC powerfist (MSRP 170), which is all pretty reasonable, and then he went out and got a Grenade Harness and an off-hand power sword for some reason, and then he's +1 WS, Precision Strike (prolly irrelevant), Teleporter Assault (prolly irrelevant) and most importantly Fearless for 215 total. I'm considering eventually getting him to lead a blob at bigger games since unlike Maloghurst he wouldn't slow them down. Plus he's got a sweet model.

He'd be less attractive if I expected to play with Relics, though.

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
I've found it easy to use a dremel or drill to make a dent in the BAC Cataphracti chain fist and it makes a curve, I left the power pack thing and then attached the power weapon, I'll post my Lernean tomorrow when I get back home.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

DO IT TO IT posted:

Cool, thanks. The sword arm I have is the terminator power sword arm from the 40k Company Veterans kit; it's what I planned to replace the chainfist with. But if it's easier to use the power sword arm that comes in BaC, I'll do that and give this sword to the BaC Terminator Sergeant.

You can keep the chain fist arm and just either swap out the hand at the fist or utilise the fist and just remove the chainfist part. If you want to completely change out the arm you can but best bet is to do that by cutting away the current arm just below where the tassels are.

I was lazy and wanted the holding the weapon over the shoulder look anyway so went with just removing the chainfist part and drilling into his current hand.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Sulecrist posted:

On paper Abaddon doesn't seem godawful, just less of a head-to-head combat monster than a vanilla Paragon Blade Praetor. He's essentially a Tartaros Praetor with an Iron Halo and MC powerfist (MSRP 170), which is all pretty reasonable, and then he went out and got a Grenade Harness and an off-hand power sword for some reason, and then he's +1 WS, Precision Strike (prolly irrelevant), Teleporter Assault (prolly irrelevant) and most importantly Fearless for 215 total. I'm considering eventually getting him to lead a blob at bigger games since unlike Maloghurst he wouldn't slow them down. Plus he's got a sweet model.

He'd be less attractive if I expected to play with Relics, though.

I think the problem is that he's just not really good at anything. He doesn't have enough attacks to slay blobs of dudes, if you attack with the power fist you're in danger of dying to some schmuck with a paragon blade, he doesn't make Terminators troops, and his warlord trait is godawful. Fearless is dope though, so is not being slowed down by the Terminator armor. For 215 points, though, it just seems like you should be getting more.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Killer_Bees! posted:

You can keep the chain fist arm and just either swap out the hand at the fist or utilise the fist and just remove the chainfist part. If you want to completely change out the arm you can but best bet is to do that by cutting away the current arm just below where the tassels are.

I was lazy and wanted the holding the weapon over the shoulder look anyway so went with just removing the chainfist part and drilling into his current hand.

Yeah, judging by what people have said and the pictures I've seen, I think I'm going to just remove the extended chainsaw part and replace the hand with a hand holding a sword, similar to what you did there pretty much. Seems like the easiest path.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Heeeey here we go, plastic heresy rumors from one of the last non-poo poo sources!

quote:

This is main studio. It is in hard plastic and the miniatures can be used in 40K without conversions.

People underestimate the lead time on those boxed games / starter sets in plastic.

The Deatwatch game was finished by the time EF was released.
The AoS-themed boxed game you'll see this summer was finished by the time the AoS starter was released.
The second HH boxed game this fall was finished by the time Calth was released.

And it has nothing to do with the idiots at BOLS, in terms of expected contents. Please be plastic Mk3 breachers.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If it's usable in 40k it's probably not breachers. Mk3-6 Assault marines? A vehicle or two?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Get in boys.

Just finishing the bodies for these flamer marines, awaiting the arrival of more Heresy-era flamers to give them their weaponry.

Then I just need to get a dreadclaw, 5 command squad men, and 2 rhinos and I'm finished with my 1500 and 2000 pt forces. 2500pts will just be a Leviathan added in to represent cassian dracos.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

If it's usable in 40k it's probably not breachers. Mk3-6 Assault marines? A vehicle or two?

Plastic Sicarans. Plastic Mk3. Please, Allfather, hear my prayers.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Plastic Sicarans. Plastic Outriders. Just plastic everything, guys come on now.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Rulebook Heavily posted:

I just want some Mk3, and then the two most popular marks will have plastic models.

Plastic Sicaran would own.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't see a plastic Sicaran fitting in another boxed game like Calth. I'd love one, but that'll have to be a separate release.

Give me plastic MkII and plastic dickbikes, please.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I actually just hope it has a Rhino in it, haha. But Outriders would be great.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Plastic bikes would just be incredible.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe it's a predator!

Speaking of, I figured out that a Blood Angels predator with twin-linked iliastus Assault Cannons as a main weapon, iliastus side sponsons and a pintle-mounted iliastus only costs 120 points.

Maybe it's a predator! :v:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Seriously, it's absolutely disgusting how many assault cannons blood angels can field.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Maybe it's a predator!

Speaking of, I figured out that a Blood Angels predator with twin-linked iliastus Assault Cannons as a main weapon, iliastus side sponsons and a pintle-mounted iliastus only costs 120 points.

Maybe it's a predator! :v:
Uh. Holy poo poo. Blood Angels are totally going to get their assault cannon access nerfed into the loving ground.

Dark Angels can't get their acid heavy bolter rounds on anything but models with the LA(DA) rule and dreadnoughts so vehicles are out. I totally would've run some cheap acid predators otherwise. I'd expect BA to get a similar rules treatment where models with LA(BA) can swap heavy flamers for assault cannons, but vehicles can't with the exception of the predator's turret or a dreadnought's ranged arm. As-is, a dreadnought could take two close combat arms each with an underslung assault cannon.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
A 10 man heavy weapons team all with assault cannons is only like 230.
For 40 shots.
Although dark angels do the same trick with acid bolters for the same price.

gently caress shrapnel bolts.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hencoe posted:

For 40 shots.

135+(5*20)+(10*5) = 285
It's still pretty ridiculous.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

135+(5*20)+(10*5) = 285
It's still pretty ridiculous.

I can't let math get in the way of me being bitter.

Also tried out leviathans in both 30k and the relic ones in 40k.
They are cool as hell but still seem sooooo expensive.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 16, 2016

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hencoe posted:

For 40 shots.

Have fun rolling for each one individually because of the mishap rule!

e: I mean theoretically I think the "must take units with Legiones Astartes for every vehicle" rule is meant to curb this but nope. Nope. It just doesn't.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hencoe posted:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hencoe posted:

I can't let math get in the way of me being bitter.
I'm an engineer. I can't consider anything without some math. :v:

Hencoe posted:

Also tried out leviathans in both 30k and the relic ones in 40k.
They are cool as hell but still seem sooooo expensive.
I was actually just about to ask the thread about these things. I'd love to run one (and only one), but they're like 300+ points when you start tossing phosphex launchers and poo poo on them. I love that they can be run as a loving dreadnought talon even if I will never ever do that. 900+ points in one unit sounds like a great idea. I'm really just curious which weapons to take though I'd plan on magnetizing the options anyways since Forge World has a habit of adding new ones. Deredeos also look interesting.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The Leviathan is a bit overpriced, but it's a motherfucker and can go toe to toe with knights and some primarchs. It wants to be in melee so you'll only ever bring one ranged arm. As for a melee weapon, the claw edges out on the drill for MC and character hunting while the drill will take down knights. I5 on the charge at strength 8x2 is pretty scary not to mention 4 attacks and two hammers of wraths that will instant kill you. For ranged weapons the grav bombard is scary for TEQ, bikes, artillery (they auto-wound models without strength values), and skimmers. Against heavy armor it's not good. The autocannon is good for light armor and woodchipping marines, but probably the weakest option. The melta lance has only 3 shots, but against rear armour it can do mean things. Phosphex is a good choice and the arms have built in melta guns. The nipples could go either way, but I'd probably stick with the flamers.

With a drop pod these things are tough to deal with since they must be dealt with and are guaranteed to get some nasty mid ranged shooting off before return fire hits them. They also can stand inside the pod- so they plop down, don't scatter, shoot their weapons, and then your opponent must blow up their shrouded transport before dealing with the AV13 4HP 4++ rear end in a top hat inside. The major weakness is range, which the pod mitigates, and getting tied up in a tarpit.

Deredeos are solid and one of the best support units for a Legion army. Autocannons and missile launchers are probably the best kit, but if they drop the cost of the plasma arms and make the invulnerable upgrade affect whole units instead of models I could see it being just as effective.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Seconding the Dodo, its probably the best multi purpose AA/AT unit in the game, both 30k and 40k.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 17, 2016

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Tried out Perturabo and his command squad of iron circle today, it's a stupid unit that refuses to die even when it's getting pelted with a fellblade; demo cannons, and a 10 man squad of salamander termies and a 10 man fire drake squad. (Over the course of the game) I lost 1 robot and had 1 at half from the original 4 bot unit.

Goddamn it's expensive and they should have really given them 3 attacks.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
After building a Scorpius yesterday I realized that I really hate hybrid kits and I now know why Bulbasaur takes forever . That aside I love the model and look forward to painting and playing it.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Hey fluff-experts, do we have any confirmation on whether or not the wolves used Sicarans?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

Hey fluff-experts, do we have any confirmation on whether or not the wolves used Sicarans?

That's actually a good question in light of their limited & alternative arsenal, but we don't know what that entails yet. Are you building some 30k wolves?

e. As expected, the Domitar's up.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 19, 2016

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

That's actually a good question in light of their limited & alternative arsenal, but we don't know what that entails yet. Are you building some 30k wolves?

I would be doing wolves if I knew what sort of units they could take :negative:

I will be doing wolves when their book is released.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I will be shocked if you loose access to generic legion stuff. Why would space wolves get such special treatment and nobody else?

Mango Polo posted:

e. As expected, the Domitar's up.

Dang. That's a cool robot. I wonder what I could proxy it for? The domitar rules are just 'ok'

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

I will be shocked if you loose access to generic legion stuff. Why would space wolves get such special treatment and nobody else?

Dang. That's a cool robot. I wonder what I could proxy it for? The domitar rules are just 'ok'

Cortus 'naughts.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Dang. That's a cool robot. I wonder what I could proxy it for? The domitar rules are just 'ok'. I can't have ok units in my army. Only min/maxed super armies. Also I'm gay

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

FW said so at the weekender.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Unique special rules it only took 5 years to develop:

Space Wolves
  • Cannot take dreadnoughts, sicarans, or plasma guns
  • Can add twin linked lascannon to predator tanks, +50 points
  • +1 WS against enemies with WS3 or lower
  • Are secretly furies, NOT GAY

Thousand Sons
  • Psychic powers manifest on 3 instead of 4
  • Can only take librarians, must be armed with power lance and accept challenges
  • If you loose more units than your enemy, loose an additional D6 victory points
  • Are definitely NOT gay

I think if anything you guys might get a unique FOC like Ordinator for Admech

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

FW said so at the weekender.

Ayup.

Very vague: Some of the generic armoury will/might not be available; replaced by unique versions that fulfill the same purpose.
Pretty clear: There's some big changes in the Consuls section.Not pointed out which ones, but it's pretty obvious Runepriests will replace Librarians, and probably Wolf/Iron Priests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Whatever it is, you can be drat sure it'll be heresy.