Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Tired Moritz posted:

I saw a spooky ghost got stuck on a minion. I didn't even know that was possible.

haunted minions are worth extra gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I saw a spooky ghost got stuck on a minion. I didn't even know that was possible.

The pathing is pretty weird right now. If you ever accidentally drag lane creeps to a narrow part of the map, like the paths just past the T1 mid towers on either side, one or two creeps can easily seal off most or all of the pathable space. I don't remember what exactly it was they were trying to fix with the changes but it's not good now.

I'm enjoying ZZRot and Banner being relevant because it gives you a path to victory that isn't sitting in one lane and prodding each other until a teamfight breaks out. It might just be me but splitpushing felt kind of anemic, maybe because of the popularity of Teleport, auto-Homeguards at 20 minutes, and addition of the side exits from the base.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tired Moritz posted:

Spooky ghosts can get stuck on themselves. Also one person can eat both ghosts!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I used Zz'rot ever since the last round of buffs to it afew months ago, but now everyone has caught on and I get called a copycat because of a streamer I've never watched so it's probably time for them to nerf it.

If they do nerf it, they need to make the cooldown start after the portal ends, because there is no reason to go after the portal on the last half of it's lifespan because someone can just plop down a fresh one immediately, 2 minute duration with 2 minute cooldown can be oppressive, especially if you can't safely leave base to clear it right away.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Lovechop posted:

not you though. you're obviously really cool unlike everyone else here

Actually the reason I don't post about the latest works of Kanye West in the League of Legends video game thread is not because I'm too cool funnily enough.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I used Zz'rot ever since the last round of buffs to it afew months ago, but now everyone has caught on and I get called a copycat because of a streamer I've never watched so it's probably time for them to nerf it.

If they do nerf it, they need to make the cooldown start after the portal ends, because there is no reason to go after the portal on the last half of it's lifespan because someone can just plop down a fresh one immediately, 2 minute duration with 2 minute cooldown can be oppressive, especially if you can't safely leave base to clear it right away.

I came across a Nunu support the other day that rushed ZZ'Rot portal. It was the most annoying loving thing in the world because their mid Leblanc got like 7 kills in lane so if I ever stepped out of line to take out his god drat portal while the Leblanc was missing I was pretty much dead in the water.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
I played against a 3 Zz'Rot team last week and it was horrible. We were out fighting them the majority of the time but the strength of their push meant we could only start to even out lanes before they'd respawn and push them out again.

We only managed to win at like 50min.

Edit:come to think of it, I'm pretty sure those 3 had TP also

BAD AT STUFF fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 16, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'm a drat noob and will be buying qss more often

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

exethan posted:

I'm a drat noob and will be buying qss more often

I reckon too many leave it until their last item, at which point the enemy toplaner has already turned into an unstoppable monster due to being fed on a squishy adc who can't break CC. Then they lose a team fight and whoops there goes the nexus

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I always loved when I could buy qss before, since it was a defensive item that became an offensive item. Then they buffed to be even better with the itemization reworks and buddy, you better believe I liked that

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
The changes to this game since june have been wild but its still the same I can't make my bot lane not feed relentlessly game

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Idea: Carry harder

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I usually go qss 3rd or 4th item as ADC, but now since mercurial is even better there's no excuse to not build it. I just didn't know i could QSS and dash out of knockups because i'm a drat noob

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Zz'rots and Banner are great and they work quite well in OCE where the standard game practice (at least at the levels I am at and in normals) is to have both lanes and jungle collapse mid as soon as a tower in your lane goes down and then try to win a team fight so you can then disperse to objectives/other lanes to push for a min or two.

It's awful and boring as gently caress but because OCE appears to lack the ability to ward deep attempting to push a lane with 1 or 2 people while your team holds against the opposing stack is dangerous as it's easy to get flank'n'gank'd. Zz'rots and banner make it oh so fun because then you can force the push with out comprising your teams skirmish ability.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yeah OCE normals are loving disgusting, unless you are playing in a 3 man + your game will probably end in both teams araming for literally 0 reason even if inhibs are down.

Especially late at night, and for some reason it's worse once you start getting matched with plats with lower normal mmr. Legitimate looking bronze/silver players are more willing to push sidelaners than dudes who look like they have the mechanics of jesus.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Yeah OCE normals are loving disgusting, unless you are playing in a 3 man + your game will probably end in both teams araming for literally 0 reason even if inhibs are down.

Especially late at night, and for some reason it's worse once you start getting matched with plats with lower normal mmr. Legitimate looking bronze/silver players are more willing to push sidelaners than dudes who look like they have the mechanics of jesus.

I am currently the Bronze/Silver bracket and my normals put me with anything from Diamond 1's to Plat 5's on a regular basis. Like one out of 2 games will have one or two Plats/Golds for either and one in 10 will have a Diamond.

All of them bar sometimes the awesome Plat/Diamond top/jungle will turn the game into a ARAM at 20min no matter how their lane is going, how they are doing in farm or what not. And you can't ignore it because if you have your one guy mid screaming his lane now has 3-4 people in it you can't out push them and they will ignore your push because theirs will be better.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

AHH FUGH posted:

Idea: Carry harder

Ah drat the ol' missed the entire point shitpost gimmick

stump collector
May 28, 2007
it's a good one

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

It slayed me

stump collector
May 28, 2007
are you back in the game now

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

5th time this has happened since the new queue went live.

I look forward to my toxicity-dissuader(tm) 20 minute queue time increase penalty. (again)

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I don't like the new draft format or how it looks in the client. The bans are really tiny in the top and there's like a 90% chance someone dodges in normal.

I could just be old/dumb/blind though.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's stupid and a departure from a recognizable functioning part of every single game of league of legends up to this point, but now riot lyte can queue ranked with the purity squad without getting stomped too hard in ranked teams

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Tonetta for a guy who really dislikes this game and this thread you sure talk about disliking this game a lot in this thread

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
tfw people dont want bad things said about a video game in the thread for the game

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

exethan posted:

are you back in the game now

E a sports

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Luna Was Here posted:

tfw people dont want bad things said about a video game in the thread for the game

at least it's better than rap music

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

AHH FUGH posted:

Tonetta for a guy who really dislikes this game and this thread you sure talk about disliking this game a lot in this thread

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Koguma posted:

at least it's better than rap music

i mean who wants valid criticism when we can have non sequiturs, methanar selfies and candian weather reports am i RIGHT?>

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Sorry I made you guys think about the video game, I know it hurts to, because the community is so bad

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Once you get past all the boring trolls, relentless feeders, ragers, bigots, and methanar, you get a solid game about half the patches IF the bans were good. Sorry if this triggers you

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Tonetta posted:

Once you get past all the boring trolls, relentless feeders, ragers, bigots, and methanar, you get a solid game about half the patches IF the bans were good. Sorry if this triggers you

It warms my cold dead heart to know you were looking at my profile earlier.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Also I found peak name.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Methanar posted:

Also I found peak name.

Well at least is isn't 420WeedlordHitler_98 again

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Luna Was Here posted:

i mean who wants valid criticism when we can have non sequiturs, methanar selfies and candian weather reports am i RIGHT?>

crystal methanar

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013

Koguma posted:

crystal methanar

I prefer the Crystal Method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6twhXA1Gyw

but these days I'm more of a hipster douche who listens to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJgVEnbwguk

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

How does listening to a rock band make you a hipster douche

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Definitely seeing more success with Jungle Shen after revising my routes and build. Skipping Wolves and Raptors regularly (especially early) and instead concentrating more time on scuttles, vision control, and ganks is good. Going blue smite into sightstone is also a vast improvement over the green jungle item. My kill participation has shot through the roof, I'm having more early game impact, and games just plain go better for my team.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Feb 16, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I actually re-installed LoL yesterday. Man, that updating process sure hasn't gotten any faster.

Luna Was Here posted:

Why are you of all people making this statement. Seriously.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Mierenneuker posted:

Why are you of all people making this statement. Seriously.

Oh I'm sorry I shitposted heavily in the last thread when it was pretty clear no mods were going to touch that thread does that mean my sick post cred is forever tarnished in your eyes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It's pretty weird to post that not even a week after the great Kanye derail of 2016, yes.

As for LoL, what are the most straightforward Silver/Gold bans right now? I'm so out of touch with the meta. I'm not even considering jungling until weeks from now.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 16, 2016

• Locked thread