Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Profondo Rosso posted:

lamest response to a diss in rap history

Tory Lanez?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Dexo posted:

Tory Lanez?

That video kind of made me feel bad for him honestly. Being dissed by your hometown hero who you obviously patterned yourself off of and no idea why lol

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

TheNedleDrop reviews out and Anthony's history of trolling kanye fans by giving his albums low scores continues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm7jy9HNl3w

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I would rather walk a mile in hot coals than watch Anthony Fantano's opinions on Kanye West

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

He said Fade was the worst track on the album so he's objectively wrong

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Dexo posted:

Tory Lanez?

i said lamest not most hilarious

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

tony fandango really does not like

Now if I gently caress this model
And she just bleached her rear end in a top hat
And I get bleach on my T-shirt
I'mma feel like an rear end in a top hat

which really explains his whole shtick. that's like one of the top 10 funniest parts of the album, quit taking music so seriously

he also hates gopro

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

He said Fade was the worst track on the album so he's objectively wrong

He says Waves is redundant, translation it should've been left off and Chance is wrong. Nope.

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

Who cares. Let's kill him

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Ah haha okay, yes let's make it hard to legally get music to encourage people to illegally get it elsewhere easier.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
OH MY GOD SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY EDITING KANYE'S TWEETS

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I want to see the pre-edited versions if these are edited ones, goddamn.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Maybe he called up a PR person after TSwift's Grammy roast

His latest Twitter rant about debt breaks into some heartfelt adidas advertising that seems possibly genuine???

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
do people actually listen to that needledrop guy and care about his opinion? I thought he was just some YouTube dumbass liked by tweens.

TPAB is a pretty great album and much better than 1989 but it's also not very fun to listen to and I'm sick of white critics gushing about its authenticity

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

TPAB is a pretty great album and much better than 1989 but it's also not very fun to listen to

This is the proper opinion about TPAB

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

do people actually listen to that needledrop guy and care about his opinion? I thought he was just some YouTube dumbass liked by tweens.
I watch a lot of his reviews but I disagree with him fairly often and it's not like he's my go-to source for music opinions or anything.

Escobarbarian posted:

TPAB is a pretty great album and much better than 1989 but it's also not very fun to listen to
Which is why 1989 is the better album!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Eh I don't really like listening to most of 1989 either. Like someone said before it's absolutely stuffed with mediocre filler. Style and New Romantics are my favourite tracks by a country mile and one of them isn't even on the album proper

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Eh I don't really like listening to most of 1989 either. Like someone said before it's absolutely stuffed with mediocre filler. Style and New Romantics are my favourite tracks by a country mile and one of them isn't even on the album proper

rude, tswift is moving away from her country roots.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Quandary posted:

This is the proper opinion about TPAB

Coincidentally this is also why TPOL is better than TPAB despite being objectively "worse" in many areas

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

"Harry Potter is better than the collected works of Shakespeare, Faulkner, and Joyce because those just aren't fun. " -idiots who also think some throwaway Taylor Swift album is better than To Pimp a Butterfly

Also the grammys are largely irrelevant, outside of possibly giving sales boosts to artists you'd like to see do better. Otherwise, nobody really cares. I mean 1989 isn't even the best pop album by a white girl from last year.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

alansmithee posted:

"Harry Potter is better than the collected works of Shakespeare, Faulkner, and Joyce because those just aren't fun. " -idiots who also think some throwaway Taylor Swift album is better than To Pimp a Butterfly

Also the grammys are largely irrelevant, outside of possibly giving sales boosts to artists you'd like to see do better. Otherwise, nobody really cares. I mean 1989 isn't even the best pop album by a white girl from last year.

careful, when i said emotion was better than 1989 i was told that i was sexist :(

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
This album is one Swizz Beatz vocal removal away from being amazing

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
listening to pablo more, and seriously it's so loving weird. you can see in quite a few places how it could have been another star-studded AAA album and the true follow-up to MBDTF but instead it's like the mixtape version of that. why am i the only one who is baffled by everything about this album

i mean don't get me wrong i really like it, like i love it, it's only a little bit below yeezus for me (making it my 3rd fave ye) but it's soooo strange. it doesn't hang together as an album at all. i was considering alternate tracklistings and there is no order you can put these tracks in that makes any sense.

edit: ^^^ yeah swizz really does do his best to ruin one of the top 5 musical moments on the album huh

edit2: follow up to MBDTF not Yeezus

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Feb 16, 2016

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I know what you mean. There are so many amazing vignettes mixed into the songs here, the end of Fade for example, that would be unreal if they were elaborated upon. I kinda like that it's a jumbled mess though.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I really like Father Pt. 2 now. The features are really good.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
What are the odds that "fixing wolves" just means tightening up the out-of-sync sample just before halfway through the song rather than putting Vic Mensa back in?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

do people actually listen to that needledrop guy and care about his opinion?

He's white so I don't like his opinion

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
There's nothing on Kendricks album better than all day, I'm fact there are even better songs on Compton. The Grammy's are so dumb.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Escobarbarian posted:

listening to pablo more, and seriously it's so loving weird. you can see in quite a few places how it could have been another star-studded AAA album and the true follow-up to yeezus but instead it's like the mixtape version of that. why am i the only one who is baffled by everything about this album
I agree. I don't care for the album. Its lacking something, personality? It starts and stops on different themes. Kanye's performances are the weakest parts of most songs and not in comparison to other artists, Kanye is not appealing here. Each song has elements of good production but they lack polish and substance. Not lyrically but the production feels like just beats outside of ultralightbeam and wolves. TLOP sounds like a sloppy Kanye album, even if it is enjoyable or comparable to current music.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oops I meant follow-up to MBDTF not Yeezus

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
The Sister Nancy part of Famous is unreal

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hear Kanye's Shoes are bigger than his album. Getting hands on a pair is difficult lest you wanna spend $2000.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah now that I've listened to the album a lot more there are a bunch of great songs on here and then a bunch of weird parts and duds... I still like it a lot and it's pretty much all I've been listening to since it came out on Sunday which usually doesn't happen even on hotly anticipated releases (which this wasnt for me - I fully expected it to be a complete mess but in a different way).

it seems so far like people who didnt like yeezus as much like this better and vice versa :shrug: both strike me as very haphazard but this is less abrasive and less focused than yeezus. a weird stream of consciousness cut up type of poo poo

reading kanye's twitter account im thinking maybe it is the accompanying device for decrypting the album themes like the screenplay that came with Because. The Internet or 2Chainz cookbook

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 16, 2016

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Went back and listened to 3500 this morning (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qNaoLgHU94) and drat, this beat would have fit flawlessly on the album. Wonder why Ye gave it up.

Same with that Weeknd beat. And MPA. Lots of stuff Kanye has touched lately would have fit better on this album than some of the tracks that made it. Love the album it just feels frantic and all over the place.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

GreyPowerVan posted:

careful, when i said emotion was better than 1989 i was told that i was sexist :(

You're definitely correct though.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

The Mash posted:

What are the odds that "fixing wolves" just means tightening up the out-of-sync sample just before halfway through the song rather than putting Vic Mensa back in?

I said this a few pages back but yeah, I'm scared.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

It's bizarre in the first place how he set up a drat SNL performance with Sia and Vic and then cuts them out.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I bet he got too hype about the return of Frank and wanted more emphasis to be placed on that

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wolves is so much better with Frank Ocean than with Sia and Vic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I love Vic's "Don't fly.." parts but can take or leave Sia, she sounds weird in it IMO

• Locked thread