Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Justin_Brett posted:

It was that one girl who was in the swim club, she did basically nothing as Pisces.
Except always pronounce it as "piss-cuss", IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The monsters of the week in fourze weren't very memorable a lot of the time, yeah. The recurring villains were mostly pretty great though!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Oh yeah, Pisces was the last one, the one where Libra had to pretend to switch sides to get her to transform.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Pisscuss was the fish, she was the last one who was a friend of the guy who became Fly Man one time and was a Junior Member of the Kamen Rider Club.

That one is I think Aquarias, who was yeah, competeing with them to visit Space and had a thing where she would recover from being damaged due to the things on her shoulders.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

The monsters were never terribly memorable but the actress for aquarius did a fantastic 'shrieking with rage' imo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It seems like I've forgotten a lot of what happened in fourze. Time for a rewatch!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Gils posted:

The monsters were never terribly memorable but the actress for aquarius did a fantastic 'shrieking with rage' imo.

I thought the actress did a good job with what she was given. Her plot was really bad, though. She did get multiple episodes out of it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I watched part of the raw and I'm glad that we're getting the Zyohuger OP sequence right away. I hate waiting a week.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Pinwiz11 posted:

I watched part of the raw and I'm glad that we're getting the Zyohuger OP sequence right away. I hate waiting a week.

I mean, there's almost certainly slightly more than we got.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
First episode sorta explained why Red is Eagle even though it's a human so that's explained straight away at least. All of the mecha and the base gear looks like it went full toy but it's not so bad once they combine. They also look to have individual weapons again. I'm curious as to if the villains have a theme like Kyoryuger's did or at least if the enemy monsters have a theme. Also the green Deathgalien remindes me of Insarm from Gokaiger.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The best thing about the Aquarius episodes was the supposed rear end in a top hat astronaut she was mad about getting to go into space ahead of her dad looked like Mike Nelson from MST3K. Other than that it was just awful.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
Zyuoh King looks really good as a suit. Like, not just "not complete dogshit like the toy" good. I wasn't expecting this. Please be good, Zyuohger. :stare:

THE ROBOT DANCE RETURNS

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Most importantly, it looks like they can actually move in the suit, which means decent fights.

Future ones will probably be immobile messes, but it'll be fun while it lasts.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I liked Zyuohger :stare:

Zyuhoh King looks really good movin around, and I liked that practical effect they did where the sword burst into flame mid-slash. Elephant Feet Boots was kind of a goofy powerup, but the cat claws and eagle wings looked pretty good.

I tentatively like this year's Red. He displays like innate leadership skills without being a smuglord, and will probably have an interesting character arc re: why he's able to, as a human, activate the Eagle Cube. Unless it really does boil down to him yelling, "HUMANS ARE ANIMALS, TOO" and the cube being like, "shrug, I guess you're not wrong..."

I usually enjoy the campy sentai. I liked Go-Onger and ToQger a lot. Please be good, Zyuohger :pray:

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
The episode was in a hell of a rush to have a big fight, should be interesting to see where it goes when it calms down a bit.

Red's chain whip sword is pretty drat cool.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well we've only had one episode so far and I'm already completely sold on this show (first time that's happened for me since Gokaiger). Even the suits and mechs look a lot better in motion than they did in the pictures/toys. I'm looking forward to seeing how things develop from here.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
My Dairanger DVDs came super early so I'm watching the first episode before work. poo poo is dope as helllll

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The first episode of Kyoryuger didn't really grab me either, and that show ended up being amazing.
I'm seeing potential here.

I hope Green's "I'm kind of a dick" thing lasts longer than three episodes, and I hope Red isn't a 100% Great Guy All The TIme because that's a boring character.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So how long until we get Zyuoh King in Minecraft?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

I like that the first thing we see of Red was

"Man you're so cool, teacher."
*Comically pratfalls down a hill*.

It makes him seem like a more normal person

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

I like that the first thing we see of Red was

"Man you're so cool, teacher."
*Comically pratfalls down a hill*.

It makes him seem like a more normal person

He's likely the "acts before he thinks" type which is pretty typical for a Red and can go very poorly as in Ninninger or can be kinda endearing as in ToQger

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well at least Red's got a decent actor this time around and doesn't strike me as being that annoying of a character (kind of reminds me of a slightly clumsier version of GaoRed actually). So even if Zyuohger ends up becoming more Red-centric down the line at least he has the potential of being entertaining (kind of like how it was for Daigo in Kyoryuger).

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's not difficult to have more charisma than the nasally gently caress Takaharu, really the red centric nature of ninninger wouldn't have been half as bad if Takaharu didn't have by far the most annoying actor out of the family

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Raserys posted:

It's not difficult to have more charisma than the nasally gently caress Takaharu, really the red centric nature of ninninger wouldn't have been half as bad if Takaharu didn't have by far the most annoying actor out of the family

In my opinion he was the worst actor I've seen in a toku show since that one guy they got to play Amazon in Kamen Rider Decade. Despite the fact he got the majority of the focus in the series I still like Daigo from Kyoryuger if only because you can tell the actor was clearly having fun with the role, if Takaharu had been half as energetic in his performance I'd probably have liked him a lot more.

I don't know if it was the guy's first time acting or if he didn't know whether or not to take the material he was given seriously or what, but it annoyed me (and to be fair, he was ok whenever he was just speaking normally but he couldn't seem to convey any other form of emotion to save his life). Why you would pick someone like that to play your Red Ranger (especially if you know he's going to get a lot of focus) is beyond me.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 16, 2016

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Watching the first episode, it really feels to me like they started out with a video game theme and changed to animals some time during development. I'm fine with it, though, since it means we'll get ZA WARUDO.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Raserys posted:

Watching the first episode, it really feels to me like they started out with a video game theme and changed to animals some time during development. I'm fine with it, though, since it means we'll get ZA WARUDO.

The idea of the villains this season essentially being a gang of intergalactic gamers amuses me for some reason. I like their designs as well even if the monster grower for this season (I think her name was Nera or something) looks like they just took the Akiba Yellow suit and modified it a bit(the head in particular looks nearly identical), adding a few bits from Insarn from Gokaiger on as well.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Larryb posted:

The idea of the villains this season essentially being a gang of intergalactic gamers amuses me for some reason. I like their designs as well even if the monster grower for this season (I think her name was Nera or something) looks like they just took the Akiba Yellow suit and modified it a bit(the head in particular looks nearly identical), adding a few bits from Insarn from Gokaiger on as well.

I would expect some poor quality monsters in this show because Ninninger's profits were so low that they're probably gonna scrimp on it.

I made a joke that's why they blew up the Transport Cube immediately; to save on having to make animal suits.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Zyuohger was loving amazing and oh my goodness I need more of it in my life. :swoon:

Also correct me if I'm wrong but the bulk of background Zyumans were wearing that loving horse mask that's become so popular in recent years, right? Or am I just crazy?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Dexie posted:

Zyuohger was loving amazing and oh my goodness I need more of it in my life. :swoon:

Also correct me if I'm wrong but the bulk of background Zyumans were wearing that loving horse mask that's become so popular in recent years, right? Or am I just crazy?

At the very least all of the guardians were.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I liked that the background horse zyumans were wearing the mass produced horse masks.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
one of them was a loving pug and i had an instant burn it with fire response. also why the gently caress is the elephant the forest representative?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Elfgames posted:

one of them was a loving pug and i had an instant burn it with fire response.

Of course someone who doesn't like Fourze would think something like this.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

mikeycp posted:

Of course someone who doesn't like Fourze would think something like this.

pugs are man's greatest sin

edit also i never said i didn't like fourze i thought it was pretty okay same as wizard, i just felt that it was really bland outside of gentaro (and i was reminded that meteor's belt was pretty cool i had forgotten that) and the secondary cast is increadably awful

Elfgames fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Feb 16, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Elfgames posted:

edit also i never said i didn't like fourze i thought it was pretty okay same as wizard, i just felt that it was really bland outside of gentaro (and i was reminded that meteor's belt was pretty cool i had forgotten that) and the secondary cast is increadably awful

get the gently caress out of this thread if you're going to imply wizard was okay

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Elfgames posted:

one of them was a loving pug and i had an instant burn it with fire response. also why the gently caress is the elephant the forest representative?

His element is "earth" which includes nature. Also Indian elephants are found in rainforests in southeast Asia

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drat dude, your endorsement is more damning than criticism I could ever make.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Elfgames posted:

In Asia, elephants live in jungles

incidentally the tiger girl gets the snow theme instead of jungle because the closest tigers to Japan live in Siberia, further north than even Hokkaido (ie. Japan's Alaska)

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Elfgames posted:

Thanks for the reminder that you have poor as gently caress taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I will never again be surprised by "unusual" toku tastes. Not after I heard somebody defend Decade and say they didn't like W because it was too "self-important".

• Locked thread