Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
himitsu no recipe is a good milk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Schubalts posted:

Morinaga Milk doesn't really do depressing, so if you like Girl Friends check out their other manga. The Milk flows from a bottle crafted from happy thoughts.

Gakuen Politzi got weird towards the end and was pretty bad overall, avoid that one.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Having trouble finding something I looked at a little bit ago. It was a short yuri oneshot or imageset, with the gag being that one girl is "not very articulate" and gets embarassed trying to say her girlfriend's name, but the girlfriend perfectly interprets what she's trying to say just based on her fragments and then gets flustered too.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Motto posted:

Having trouble finding something I looked at a little bit ago. It was a short yuri oneshot or imageset, with the gag being that one girl is "not very articulate" and gets embarassed trying to say her girlfriend's name, but the girlfriend perfectly interprets what she's trying to say just based on her fragments and then gets flustered too.

I think it's this one. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/your_name

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Powerful.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sylphid posted:

The senpai doesn't seem to have a weird attitude about romance. She likes the main character, and is not shy about telling her that. The only other major weird character thing is the Peeping Tom guy who thinks of the main romance like a drama play that he's the only audience member to. Which is weird, but perfectly explainable by him being a creep / weirdo.

The MC read too many shoujo romance manga and now doesn't understand what love is because real life isn't shoujo romance manga, the senpai didn't want to date anyone at all until she found a random girl who said "it's okay, you don't have to be perfect," her best friend is clearly in love with her but is doing the whole unrequited love "well, it's safer if she doesn't date anyone because then I can continue loving her from a distance," Maki decided love is something that he only wants happening to other people and just wants to be in the sidelines matchmaking people so he can live vicariously through them. The only person without a dumb weird hangup is the lazy guy, and that's because he's barely had any screen-time, so I fully expect him to also have a ridiculously idea of what romance is, too.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Feb 15, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Thanks. Explains why I couldn't find it since I thought I was remembering a recent standalone.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Stumbled upon this: Houkago Edge. Only two chapters so far, but has the potential to be super cute.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mikl posted:

Stumbled upon this: Houkago Edge. Only two chapters so far, but has the potential to be super cute.

Yeah I was glad to see it got an update :3:

Reminds me a bit of Wait for Me at Udagawachou (which is complete and also has a live-action movie based on it btw).

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!! updated, yay! This manga is stinkin adorable, I hope Nakamura gets to kiss the boy he likes :3:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
The crossdressing kid should deck the other kid and take his phone

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's already got the murder plan, just needs to dial it back a little.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Orange is getting an anime adaptation this summer, where the director did Steins;Gate, the screenwriter worked on Chihayafuru and the character designer on Sakamichi no Apollon.

Official website: http://orange-anime.com/

There's already a live-action adaptation out as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3QXIv1xvNc

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't read that one, how is it? I read Yume Miru Taiyou by the same author but didn't actually connect the two any time I saw it on CR, whoops.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Everything Burrito posted:

I haven't read that one, how is it? I read Yume Miru Taiyou by the same author but didn't actually connect the two any time I saw it on CR, whoops.

I've only read the first volume (of 5, and it's finished), but it seemed fine. Didn't feel an urge to continue at the time, though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Everything Burrito posted:

It's decent. Despite its gimmick, it doesn't exactly break new ground, but it's a nice feel-good romance/friendship. The manga ended a while ago.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Shiny exciting new &!

I hope they keep up this pace, a few months isn't quite long enough to forget who the hell everyone is.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
first three chapters of the 2nd volume of that Taro-kun manga: http://reader.shoujosense.com/series/yappari_tarokun_wa_kou_miete_igai_to_xxx_desu/

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hello fujoshi and fudanshi, here's some funny shonen-ai with a very pleasant artstyle

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

hello fujoshi and fudanshi, here's some funny shonen-ai with a very pleasant artstyle

This is a very cool artstyle. :coffeepal:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

:buddy: Thanks for the link.

Davincie posted:

For some reason the artstyle reminds me of a sharper Ranma 1/2 or Blazing Ninjaman. It's a nice style!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
dang it I just posted about Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!! :colbert: j/k glad more people are reading, it's really cute.

New Itoshi no Nekokke! I like when the other housemates get to do stuff. Don't think it's on batoto yet though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
This looks like it has some potential: Nikoniko x Punpun
Grumpy and earnest poor girl meets cheerful and fakey rich guy. The situations are a little extreme but it has some pretty great faces.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Davincie posted:

It's adorable :3:

Also Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tsubaki-chou-lonely-planet-r15409

Part II of new challenger has appeared!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

transgender autobiography

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Oh wow, I didn't think her manga would get translated! I've been following her for a while because I've been interested in knowing more about trans people in Japan. She does a lot of LGBT 101 type comics, but also a lot of personal stuff and very occasionally touches on Japanese LGBT history.

I haven't gotten around to getting her book so I don't know how much overlap there is between that and her web stuff, but I definitely highly recommend her to anyone interested in knowing more about LGBT (but especially trans) life in Japan. A lot of it is definitely very universal, but I think that's part of what makes following her work interesting.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like the artstyle. It's ridiculously stylized in a great way, reminds me of Honey & Honey, the informative autobiographical manga about lesbians, a bit. Except more...anime.

I'm all for stuff like this that might ease someone who is ignorant of those respective worlds into coming to accepting them with a friendly artstyle, especially considering Japan's history with homosexuals, trans people, etc.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

reminds me of Honey & Honey, the informative autobiographical manga about lesbians

Yeah, I was about to say. The fact that it's autobiographical and informative is the thing that reminds me of H&H a lot. I hope it's good, and I'm glad Davincie posted it.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Just read that this morning. I really like it since it's informative about her experience and I'm happy she was able to find a loving and accepting partner.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
A new comic I found and like:
Kawaii Joushi wo Komarasetai
A woman who lives entirely for work, and has had basically no experience in love before, starts dating one of her subordinates. Translation seems to be getting worse as it goes along, and it'll probably introduce dumb drama soon, but it's cute and funny so far.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
You shouldn't date your workplace underlings.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pavlov posted:

You shouldn't date your workplace underlings.

At the very least if you are going to do so you should report it as a potential conflict of interest.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Working in the anime HR department is probably a very stressful job.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
hmmm yes, rigorous adherence to workplace dating policies is what i want in my romance mangas

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
This week's Love Lab is super cute

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Blhue posted:

hmmm yes, rigorous adherence to workplace dating policies is what i want in my romance mangas

Same, actually. It's nice to see some good role models from time to time.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Reading Shishunki Bitter Change in 1-2 chapter increments is torment but I just can't resist when a new one pops up

it updated btw

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god finally, the half-year wait between volumes is literally killing me.

Are there actually any other good gender switch stories out there that aren't played solely for laughs and fanservice? I'm not averse to the funnies and some raunchiness, but i like something a bit substantial. Bitter Change is basically the perfect storm of what i'm looking for, but i need moooore. I've been browsing the "Gender Bender" tag a little, but i've basically only been turning up trash.

I'm liking the magical switch variety more than the real life transgender stuff, partly because of the "sudden fish out of water" shenanigans, and partly because it's a slightly less depressing matter to think about. Would be nice to see some more female -> male switch, too, the opposite is like sand on the beach, not in the least because it's mostly played for fanservice.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HenryEx posted:

Same, actually. It's nice to see some good role models from time to time.

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
tbh Bitter Change is the only one I've run across that I thought was worth reading.