Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
Oh great, now YOU are making ME miss watercolour challenge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I loved Watercolour Challenge as a wee lad :(

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Portrait Artist of the Year is like its scary, pretentious older sister. One of the judges always reminds me of a female version of Ron Perlmann.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I went through a brief period of binging Painting with Bob Ross on Youtube. It's terrible art but there's something charming about his manner.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Ain't a patch on Rolf's Cartoon Club

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Tonight is BBC3's last night. :rip:

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

rest in piss bbc3

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
There was some good programs on it once, shame the BBC dropped the ball hardcore with it. Ah well, at least I have my DVD's.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Nighty Night was a BBC3 show. Oh how times changed

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Idioteque Dance posted:

Nighty Night was a BBC3 show. Oh how times changed

I forgot that show existed. It was awesome.

Ha, the last thing the channel is going to show is a Gavin & Stacey repeat. So long BBC3.

SEX BURRITO fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 16, 2016

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Does bbc4 become bbc3 now or what

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Heaven forbid.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'll never forget you Young, Dumb and Living Off Mum :britain:

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Mongrels and The Smoking Room were the only good BBC 3 shows.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Being Human and Monkey Dust were BBC3

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

DaWolfey posted:

Mongrels and The Smoking Room were the only good BBC 3 shows.

Ideal

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Didn't Mighty Boosh start there too? (after the radio shows) It was great back in the early days. It's a shame what happened. I hope BBC Four stays as is.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Cuckoo was good.

Tactical Grace
May 1, 2008
https://youtu.be/wDt8ZeZ79cA
this is fun

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Does bbc4 become bbc3 now or what
No. Combined with Radio 4, the number four retains its association with highbrow. Plus the BBC3 brand will continue as an online entity.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The dramatization of the OJ Simpson incident the BBC started airing last night is REALLY good.

It has The Plastic Surgery Trainwreck Formerly Known As John Travolta as Bob Shapiro, and David Schwimmer as Robert Kardashian.

Excited to see the rest of it.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Thanks for the heads up on that. I had no idea they were airing it in the UK. Hoping they show the Madoff mini series too.

Today we remember the truly quality TV that BBC3 brought us. Such as the most middle aged looking 20 year old I've ever seen: https://youtu.be/xIVpFgog6FM

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
Snog Marry Avoid was the high point of Western civilisation imho.
RIP BBC three, for years you nourished my id while allowing me to scoff and insincerely demand that the channel be changed. I will spit on your grave and mourn you deeply.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Sun sex and suspicious parents was the best bbc3 show for sure.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Seriously, why does nobody loving remember Ideal?

Don't forget Fifteen Stories High as well people. Snuffbox was also shown on it.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
please stop saying all the poo poo programmes were your favourite ones, there's enough good ones to go around

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Him & Her was pretty good as well.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Coming of Age.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
Fight My Dad, Me and My Bum, Dawn Does Piss Play.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Can Fat Teens Hunt? was a documentary/reality masterpiece and justified the existence of BBC3 in spite of all the Two Pints and Lee Nelsons

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

thehustler posted:

please stop saying all the poo poo programmes were your favourite ones, there's enough good ones to go around

If you don't enjoy seeing emo boys and ladies with giant eyebrows getting makeunders then I don't know what to tell you really.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
It combined my two loves of annoying young people getting slagged off by a robot and flattering bobs.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Fatty posted:

Him & Her was pretty good as well.

White Van Man was quite good too.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I loved Monkey Dust. I almost hate to say it now, but I liked the first series of Little Britain at the time. I do wonder if many youngins will actually bother with the online stuff.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Goodbye BBC3, once Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps went you were always living on borrowed time :(

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Snog Marry Avoid was perfect post night out viewing, so I won't hear a word against it (or Jenny Frost)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Want to see a lot of old people terrified of change? Look up #BBCThree on twitter.

A whole lot of people denying live TV is dwindling, and a LOT of people angry at the loss of Family Guy repeats.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 16, 2016

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Gorn Myson posted:

Snog Marry Avoid was perfect post night out viewing, so I won't hear a word against it (or Jenny Frost)

Jenny Frost, yeah Ive got some views about her

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure Happy Valley should have a second season because it worked so well as a miniseries

*watches the first scene of 201*

ok never mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marmaduke1979
Mar 15, 2015

Rippling Muscles
I was watching 'Game On' again recently on Youtube. Samantha Janus was amazing back then, not aged so well. Neil Stuke gave it a good try as 'Matt' but you can't beat the original actor playing the role Ben Chaplin.