Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yeah that M14 gun is awesome looking, if slightly OP.

If anything I think it's not powerful enough. The enemy bullet sponges still take loving forever to kill even with the advanced receiver giving 145 damage with five ranks in rifleman.

My most powerful weapon with the Weapon balance overhaul is a Mighty .50 Cal sniper that does 340 damage per shot, and even that feels a little too weak when I'm faced with Super Mutant Overlords marauding around the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

If anything I think it's not powerful enough. The enemy bullet sponges still take loving forever to kill even with the advanced receiver giving 145 damage with five ranks in rifleman.

My most powerful weapon with the Weapon balance overhaul is a Mighty .50 Cal sniper that does 340 damage per shot, and even that feels a little too weak when I'm faced with Super Mutant Overlords marauding around the place.

Look into the perks that would help with sniping. my character has practically all the perks but mysterious stranger and cannibal, I make heads stop existing.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

My god, it is weird that they don't have a replacement for the Diamond City Clinic or even a quest to trigger such a thing.

He's not actually gone after that quest. He just moves indoors. Check the red door near where the doctor used to be. It's strange and dumb, but he stays there after you complete the quest.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well, super mutant overlords and the like should be bullet sponges. Thats kinda the super mutant thing. Bust out the explosives.

Weapon balance in general is weird weird because weapons can suddenly become significantly more powerful with legendary mods and it seems like all of the basic types are underpowered to cancel that out. If you make the base weapons more powerful then legendary or fully modded weapons become ridiculously overpowered. A pretty radical overhaul needs to be done because the gun play is kinda boring and "samey" due to this.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

Well, super mutant overlords and the like should be bullet sponges. Thats kinda the super mutant thing. Bust out the explosives.

Weapon balance in general is weird weird because weapons can suddenly become significantly more powerful with legendary mods and it seems like all of the basic types are underpowered to cancel that out. If you make the base weapons more powerful then legendary or fully modded weapons become ridiculously overpowered. A pretty radical overhaul needs to be done because the gun play is kinda boring and "samey" due to this.

There's really only like three that are really good legendary modifiers all around (bleed, double, and first shot double damage)
Some are good with certain weapons. But all of these are op anyway, so I don't see how better base weapons would be upsetting balance at all.

Maybe reduce drop rate from legendary enemies to like 50% on survival since you will be rolling in legendary enemies.

Really I wish they did cool stuff that borderlands did with their variants, aka traits instead of flat buffs.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Claytor posted:

He's not actually gone after that quest. He just moves indoors. Check the red door near where the doctor used to be. It's strange and dumb, but he stays there after you complete the quest.

Oh neat thanks for the heads up.

Somebody should fix that though.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Oh neat thanks for the heads up.

Somebody should fix that though.

It's not something to be fixed. He does double duty as medic and plastic surgeon after that quest, so he has to be indoors by the chair.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

It's not something to be fixed. He does double duty as medic and plastic surgeon after that quest, so he has to be indoors by the chair.

I wasn't told he'd go into self exile in the creepy plastic surgery basement though and I never really went back there because it was an empty room to me now. Some sort of notice in his outside office would be nice.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The chem dealer is still there right? That's all doctors are good for anyway

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So what's everyone's must-haves at the moment?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On a related note, I followed some Steam recommendations and added a few mods. Expanded Settlements, Settlement Keywords, Homemaker, Settlement Supplies, Snap n Build, things like that. And now I can't find the stores anywhere in my settlement build menu. They *should* be at the end of the list in the resource buildings, right?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Nope, Dr Sun is not in the creeper plastic surgery bunker. Guess my save is bugged.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Deified Data posted:

So what's everyone's must-haves at the moment?

A lot in the OP. Weapon lowering, full dialogue options, binary speech checks, skip hacking/picking, and a few graphical ones.

One I LOVE that got taken down for stolen assets transplants the Insurgency bullet cracks into the game and it's infinitely better for it.

e: Oh, and titties, dongs, and painted on vaginas.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Fully dialogue, binary speech checks, easy hacking/lockpicking. Better item sorting is handy too.

Nexus Mod Manager has worked fine for me.

Add sharpening if you're using TAA http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout4_1.html

e: Companion infinite ammo if you don't want to micromanage companion ammo.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 16, 2016

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

On a related note, I followed some Steam recommendations and added a few mods. Expanded Settlements, Settlement Keywords, Homemaker, Settlement Supplies, Snap n Build, things like that. And now I can't find the stores anywhere in my settlement build menu. They *should* be at the end of the list in the resource buildings, right?

iirc, there's a bug where having too many additions to the settlement menu breaks poo poo. Never ran into it personally, so I'm not sure what you have to do to resolve it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Off topic, but what happened to the general Fallout 4 thread? The normal one, not the YCS one.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Information about the first add on and official DLC here.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Yes yes yes

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So that's how they're doing paid mods...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tried to do their signup for the beta, but it keeps saying I am missing a mandatory field even through everything is filled.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

"We’re also hard at work on the Creation Kit, which will allow you to create and play mods absolutely free"

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I don't follow, I didn't see anything about that.

Looks like the Season Pass will jump in price after March 1. Hoping for a sale before then...

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

They are releasing official mods as DLC, but they've been doing that since Oblivion.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Saint Sputnik posted:

I don't follow, I didn't see anything about that.

Looks like the Season Pass will jump in price after March 1. Hoping for a sale before then...

Probably won't. Best bet is to get the season pass from GMG with their 20% coupon.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rirse posted:

Off topic, but what happened to the general Fallout 4 thread? The normal one, not the YCS one.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749747&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=203

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
The first two seem to be in direct reply to what some of the community has been doing, Building robos, for workshop and companion, and the other pitting enemies against each other, which people keep doing in youtube videos

The third, which I consider the actual dlc sounds pretty good, their largest area yet in dlc is impressive considering how large Oblivion and Skyrim addon areas were. Also very interested to hear what else is coming.

However I am pretty disappointed we basically got no information on the GECK other than "we are working on it"

I am expecting that we will be getting one of the DLC the first week of March, with the DLC price going up on the first and that they are taking closed beta applications for the DLC now.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Except I highly doubt they are using anything from the mod author. they are just taking inspiration from it. Also considering people did the same thing in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, you cant exactly claim the Fo4 modders are unique in their mods. I will take officially supported and implemented mods over a mod authors any day of the year.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 16, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so when I switched computers I could no longer get mods to work, FOMM would keep saying I need to make the INI edits, even though I had

hopefully I can get that working now

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Eonwe, use Mod Organizer 2. https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

i will do this thing, thank you

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

LumberingTroll posted:

The third, which I consider the actual dlc sounds pretty good, their largest area yet in dlc is impressive considering how large Oblivion and Skyrim addon areas were. Also very interested to hear what else is coming.

Disappointed they're not going to bother setting it in a different place, just more generic New England poo poo. If the player could get from DC to Pittsburgh in FO3 there's no reason they couldn't get to NYC or Philly here.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Bar Harbor is a fantastic place to set a DLC in and I'm excited to see it.

If I've already got all my poo poo installed through Nexus Mod Manager, is there a straightforward guide to transferring everything over to this instead or should I just stay with NMM for easiness' sake?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the new DLC will be sweet as gently caress

the harbor one will be cool but im more excited about Pokemon: Fallout edition

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Please honor the setting and use the proper spelling of "Fah Hahbah"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

flatluigi posted:

If I've already got all my poo poo installed through Nexus Mod Manager, is there a straightforward guide to transferring everything over to this instead or should I just stay with NMM for easiness' sake?

Id open the links to everything you have (by clicking on them in NMM) then uninstall NMM and install MO2, then download them again, it wont take that long, and it works way better.

hobbesmaster posted:

Truth.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Saint Sputnik posted:

Disappointed they're not going to bother setting it in a different place, just more generic New England poo poo. If the player could get from DC to Pittsburgh in FO3 there's no reason they couldn't get to NYC or Philly here.

It is Maine, so chances are good that it will have some Stephen King things. And hopefully some actually living trees.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Rirse posted:

Probably won't. Best bet is to get the season pass from GMG with their 20% coupon.

Good looking friend. Going to do this tonight.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
are there any good mods that aren't in the OP

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
I wonder what steps Automaton will take to convince people it's not a Bethesda branded RobCo Certified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

I wonder what steps Automaton will take to convince people it's not a Bethesda branded RobCo Certified.

That was such a good mod, too. I am playing New Vegas with that and it just feels so much tighter than other big mods like Run the Lucky 38, which introduces acres and acres of bare, boring locations.

• Locked thread