Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3peat
May 6, 2010

HorseRenoir posted:

I would rather walk a mile in hot coals than watch Anthony Fantano's opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Addition by subtraction removing Vic Mensa and Sia

3peat
May 6, 2010

The only youtube review thing I watch is DEHH since my most important issue with a rap album is if it bumps in the whip, and they got that covered.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i hope this isn't too controversial, but this album is loving amazing

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Anyone know what that drum fill sample on FML is? Right at the 2 minute mark, I know I've heard it somewhere and it's been driving me crazy

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Sia probably got cut cause she said in an interview she'd go in to write for Kanye and Rihanna and they'd never show up.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Are you thinking its Phil Collins

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I like sia's voice personally.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

ewing theory

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

3peat posted:

The only youtube review thing I watch is DEHH since my most important issue with a rap album is if it bumps in the whip, and they got that covered.

I watched these guy's videos just now and they sound v lame as hell. Old as hell. don't understand anything new

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

internet celebrity posted:

Anyone know what that drum fill sample on FML is? Right at the 2 minute mark, I know I've heard it somewhere and it's been driving me crazy

Section 25 - "Hit"

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Are you thinking its Phil Collins

Yeah that's it. Definitely not the same but pretty close though.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

^burtle posted:

Sia probably got cut cause she said in an interview she'd go in to write for Kanye and Rihanna and they'd never show up.
lol you're probably right. God dammit Kanye.

Personally I'm into Sia. Been getting excited to see her sub-headline Coachella this year.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Current rant is against textbook costs and teacher salaries. This one's pretty good actually.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Maybe his ranting is his self therapy and by the end of it he'll be cured?

edit: Yes I know you can't really cure yourself of mental issues. Constant battle etc etc

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 16, 2016

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Wolves can be fixed by adding in the drums from the original version at the end of Kanye's first bit, and replacing his verse with Vic's part. That's about all that has to be done.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
He's trying to cement himself as Sanders' VP

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V
I really enjoyed the start of 30 Hours, so you can imagine my excitement at the line "3 Stacks, can you help me out?" and then my growing disappointment over the next two minutes.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

I Love Kanye is unironically the best track

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Do y'all have a YouTube link of the "good" wolves version you keep talking about?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Boris Galerkin posted:

Do y'all have a YouTube link of the "good" wolves version you keep talking about?
Some of the SoundCloud versions got removed, but here's the one from SNL from like a year ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc92gEMHKpM

Starts at 2:38

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
He just needs to fix the out-of-sync sample at the midway point and put Vic Mensa back in and I'm happy with the album version. Frank Ocean should stay and I don't need Sia.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Wait that's the version everyone likes!? It's mad weak. Album version is way more concise without losing the atmosphere. I thought Vic was a rapper. drat watery rear end verse on SNL.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Must be nice to make $370 a day.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

im gay posted:

It's ok. It's not as much as you think it is.

As someone who's parent's combined to make about 100k a year. You essentially get hosed by FAFSA as your parent's expected contribution is way more than humanly possible. Once you factor in mortgages, bills, health care, food other kids etc etc. Not to mention Taxes and Social security

Now for college you need to pay room and board alongside the tuition, and then books. None of this you get any government assistance for.

Not trying to say I or anyone in my position had it super loving hard or anything but even the 91k a year or so you would make at that number per day pre taxes(assuming you don't work weekends and holidays) get eaten up quickly. More so if you have a kid and no spouse to take care of said kid.

91k a year is nice as hell, but it's not some unfuckwithable amount of money where poo poo is no longer expensive.

PS: Mark Zuckerberg plz pay off my studens loans :smith: There are so many lovely websites I want to design.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Sia owns actually

gently caress i wish i cared about frank ocean as much as yall do. His lyrics and voice do absolutely nothing for me

Mr. Belding posted:

I really enjoyed the start of 30 Hours, so you can imagine my excitement at the line "3 Stacks, can you help me out?" and then my growing disappointment over the next two minutes.

Hahaha same

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 17, 2016

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

im gay posted:

Part of his point is that even for people who seem to be making a decent amount of money textbooks are still insanely expensive.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

No one is talking bout one of the funniest parts of the album at the end of Feedback

Hold on, hold on, hold on
Wait a second, everybody here, I'm the ghetto Oprah
You know what that mean?
You get a fur! You get a fur!
You get a jet! You get a jet!
Big booty bitch for you!
Woooooooooooooooooooooo!

:laffo:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Heh.

tut
Nov 4, 2004

AAB posted:

No one is talking bout one of the funniest parts of the album at the end of Feedback

Hold on, hold on, hold on
Wait a second, everybody here, I'm the ghetto Oprah
You know what that mean?
You get a fur! You get a fur!
You get a jet! You get a jet!
Big booty bitch for you!
Woooooooooooooooooooooo!

:laffo:

Might be my favorite track on the album, actually. This part, the way he starts, the beat.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
full credits on his site now http://www.kanyewest.com/credits/

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Album Art Designer" :rolleyes:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how come Drake and Pharrell have writing credits on 30 Hours

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

I wonder how come Drake and Pharrell have writing credits on 30 Hours
Herzog and Adidas, man you know they love it
If Nike ain't have Drizzy, man they wouldn't have nothin'

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Only Caronline Shaw credited to the vocals in Wolves...

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Paperback Writer posted:

Only Caronline Shaw credited to the vocals in Wolves...

Rapping doesn't get credited as vocals.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Frank wasn't rapping though

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
took some time but ive realized that the album version of wolves sucks

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's the most nothing track on the album. It's just kind of on for four minutes and then isn't anymore.

Freestyle 4 is worse but at least it evokes a feeling of some sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
see, you are all wrong because wolves is,,, actually good

• Locked thread