Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tippis posted:

Then again, “bad” is always this funny relative thing.
In the EVE thread, Eonwe's posting is horrible; in this thread, it's just appropriately bad for the topic. And yet it's the same posting.

JokerMeme.png

my posting in the EVE thread is excellent, actually

it accomplishes exactly what I want it to accomplish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

fuzzknot is cool, actually

agreed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my gimmick has changed a lot even in the past year

I used to play up being an egomaniac

but then Derek started posting and I realized there was no way I could compete

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

yeah i don't know or care about anyone ITT, im just here for the gradual collapse of the fine company that is CIG

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

fuzzknot posted:

No! Please just buy back your old avatar instead. The new one creeps me the gently caress out.

Please. The sexdoll is the least creepy part of the original image. Though admittedly, it's still creepy.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/463zv6/meta_discussion_2k16_edition/
Ground Floor.
""blatant posts with the intent to bait the user base are not allowed"" Now what fun is that :colbert:

Godmode Enabled fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 16, 2016

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

fuzz you should post in other threads tho IMO, its a big message board and you can post badly in a lot of places like I do

Apparently y'all's ability to creep my post history is lacking; I've posted recently in the Austin thread, but it's very slow-moving. poo poo like this is why I don't care much for message boards.

Toops posted:

I'm just tired of hearing about your relationship and personal life. I prefer we stay focused on the task at hand: Destroying Star Citizen with humor and untapped talent.

Sorry, I forgot I was the only one who shitposts about completely irrelevant topics.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wowz i didn't creep!!!!! I was just trying to encourage you to shitpost with me in other topics!!!!!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

ugh eat poo poo dolvak.

yes we troll incessantly to piss you off but you should just take it in stride and play more star citizen imo.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Eonwe posted:

Can't blaim yourself for that one. The Internet Warlord has over a decade of experience to draw on.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

nobody else posts exclusively about their personal life in the star citizen thread lol

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

wowz i didn't creep!!!!! I was just trying to encourage you to shitpost with me in other topics!!!!!

We can ruin the Austin thread if you like, but I'm not going to Goons with Spoons.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Can't blaim yourself for that one. The Internet Warlord has over a decade of experience to draw on.

I actually really liked that gimmick and it pissed a lot of people off. But like I said, I can't compete.

I don't really have a gimmick currently in most threads. The EVE thread I just point out when people say hosed up things and that makes me a "concern troll"

im taking suggestions for new gimmicks

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
first r/dereksmart and now r/starcitizen this is outrageous

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuzzknot posted:

We can ruin the Austin thread if you like, but I'm not going to Goons with Spoons.

find yourself a thread in Games or MMO with terrible people and just make fun of them, IMHO

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Galarox posted:

The Persistence of Idiocy, by Parpador Dali

I feel culturally enriched every time you post. Never stop posting plox

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It really never gets old, every time is nearly as good the first.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Any suggestions for art to be altered/improved are welcome :)

I was going to do a Godwin and improve some Nazi Propaganda posters but when I was searching potential images it all got a bit depressing, so I went left field and employed Mr Dali.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Wafflz posted:

It really never gets old, every time is nearly as good the first.

Whenever I look at that picture I discover new things. Is that a bong or a dragon dildo on the bottom right shelf? Looks like a bong but given the source I'm going with dragon dildo.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

G0RF posted:

Hah, sorry- since the earlier poster had assumed I was writing fan fiction, I wanted to make it unambiguously clear that it was written in semi-seriousness. So I missed the sarcasm. My bad.

Yeah, I mean, he really should take it lightly-- because in the grand scheme, this is such a minor little maneuver from Braben. It's a clever one-- a chance to monetize CQC, give players a taste of the combat side of Elite. Selling a combat demo which some companies might just give away as a marketing lure turns an expense into a revenue stream. Even if it's a minor one, even if conversion rates to the full game aren't massive, it's smart and since they've fine-tuned their flight mechanics and balancing, I expect it'll be a tempting bait.

But the naming-- Elite: Arena-- is what will surely serve as the sharp-elbow to prompt Chris' annoyance. "Arena" is as time worn as any word in multiplayer gaming, and it was stale as hell when Roberts called their space combat module "Arena Commander". People at Frontier made the deliberate choice to poke the dragon by co-opting it for their standalone CQC combat-- and that subtle kind of passive aggression is especially hilarious because they can easily laugh it off and say "Oh bollocks- we weren't even thinking about Arena Commander! How funny is that? Sorry mate can't change it now-- we'll be more careful next time!"

---

It's funny- I finally watched that BBC video just twenty minutes ago, and I noticed there was a part in the middle where this specific matter was alluded to by Roberts. He was being asked if he thought if competitors were paying attention to what they were doing. It was in the context of discussions about both Star Citizen's massive budget and also their open development.

As soon as the question was out, he broke into an uncomfortable smile and started a blundering reply:
[/i]
So I expect, now that Braben has made this deft little maneuver and is talking about it, Chris is going to feel obligated to counter. And it would be the easiest thing in the world to do-- but for the fact that, as you note, Arena Commander is still an unbalanced mess, half-baked and, like Star Marine after it, the oldest of Roberts' red-headed step-children.

You're especially right to point out that Arena Commander's rush-to-release was itself meant as a pre-emptive strike against Elite's launch. So in the context of this broader series of volleys, "Elite: Arena" is an especially hilarious counterpunch. Oh, and it's VR friendly, too.

If Chris does pivot (or lurch, to be more accurate) and move to release "Arena Commander: Elite Combat" (or whatever he calls it), he's going to have to sell it for cheap and it's still going to suck compared to Elite: Arena.

Both will probably prove inferior to the soon-to-release "Eve:Valkyrie", but that title will, for those not pre-ordering an Oculus, likely cost more.

It seems like this year's releases will be the start of a long, painful death of a thousand cuts for Star Citizen. I don't mean a corporate death-- because I think that financially they can survive still milking their revenue models. I mean a credibility death-- one that's long overdue. It will come via a slow, steady stream of new title big publisher releases (Eve, No Man's Sky, Adrift, Mass Effect: Andromeda, etc.) and several indie titles (Infinity, Fractured Space, Firefly, Everspace, Angels Fall First, etc.), many that best Star Citizen in some critical feature or set of them. And THAT will hurt Chris, because he wants to be the jack of all trades AND the master of each.

So even though I don't expect CIG's outright failure this year, it surely is the year that the public and media realize the emperor has no clothes, and never had clothes. Chris will crank out 'in engine' videos showing he has plans to counter them all-- and fewer and fewer will believe them, having seen one too many promises-- Star Marine most recently-- not survive impact with the rube goldberg monstrosity that Chris Roberts has been cobbling together at great expense over too many years...

Its funny, you totally know it was because they were tired of Roberts ripping off every single thing they announced and pretending like they were the first to do it.

'We have buggies and planetary landings and procedural generation!'

'Oh yeah? We have arena mode too and it's loving cheap and better than that poo poo heap you call arena commander that is so awful you can't complete one match without crashing'

It is definitely a thumb in his eye. I don't know if Roberts will react to it, but he might. I expect some 'miraculous' fixes to Arena Commander in the coming weeks and the brown sea eating the poo poo that Roberts served them for listening. Except for the fact that his competitors and even this loving website affect the direction of the company more than the people who paid thousands upon thousands for this gently caress ups dream.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Godmode Enabled posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/463zv6/meta_discussion_2k16_edition/
Ground Floor.
""blatant posts with the intent to bait the user base are not allowed"" Now what fun is that :colbert:

lol, no way this isn't going to end up terrible

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

To be fair anyone more than vaguely invested against this 'game' should be almost as ashamed as anyone invested in favour of it.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Berious posted:

Whenever I look at that picture I discover new things. Is that a bong or a dragon dildo on the bottom right shelf? Looks like a bong but given the source I'm going with dragon dildo.

I think it's a toy robot...

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Strategic Tea posted:

To be fair anyone more than vaguely invested against this 'game' should be almost as ashamed as anyone invested in favour of it.

Personally, if Star Citizen doesn't fail, I'm going to kill myself, and I expect that many other goons will do the same. Derek, this will all be on your conscience.

Source: I have pledged over 30,000 dollars towards this game not succeeding.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

The whole thing just REALLY PISSES ME OFF. What the gently caress are they even doing over there. gently caress you, Lesnick. You're a loving clam. I don't use that word lightly. I've used it twice in my life. It hurts me to use a word that's insulting to molluscans, but YOU'RE A loving CLAM. You deserve that and words that haven't even been invented yet. I hate you. You deserve everything that's coming to you, and boy, will you get it in buckets and spades.

Seriously, though; gently caress him. I'll loving kill him if he comes after my battenberg cake.

:wreckedangle::wreckedangle::wreckedangle::wreckedangle::wreckedangle:
:CLAM::CLAM::CLAM::CLAM::CLAM::CLAM::CLAM:

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 16, 2016

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Seriously now, someone (not me, I'm BAD) with videoediting skills (the original maker maybe?!) should update the best SC video with all these wonderful art parodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7IxCQqP4lE

DO IT.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Fuzzknot, bootcha and eonwe are cool and sexy.Don't forget who the real enemy is (Hint : it's Chris Roberts)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

LuiCypher posted:

Please. The sexdoll is the least creepy part of the original image. Though admittedly, it's still creepy.

Agreed. It stays. I'm not throwing away a wonderful gift like this. Besides if I were gonna change my av I would have to mspaint up some kind of space captain beet and I don't have time for that poo poo.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Galarox posted:

The Persistence of Idiocy, by Parpador Dali

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

That was my one good idea for the day. Foiled again by the invisible hand of the marketplace!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:laugh:

I am such a child, sorry ha ha

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Beet Wagon posted:

Agreed. It stays. I'm not throwing away a wonderful gift like this. Besides if I were gonna change my av I would have to mspaint up some kind of space captain beet and I don't have time for that poo poo.

It could be worse; at least it's not the guy's face.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Fuzzknot, bootcha and eonwe are cool and sexy.Don't forget who the real enemy is (Hint : it's Chris Roberts)

Thanks. :)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

ugh eat poo poo dolvak.

yes we troll incessantly to piss you off but you should just take it in stride and play more star citizen imo.
Oh man. Everybody is getting down voted on that thread. I guess Dolvak is just lining them up for summary execution unless they say "absolutely sir!"

What a joke.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Galarox posted:

Any suggestions for art to be altered/improved are welcome :)

I was going to do a Godwin and improve some Nazi Propaganda posters but when I was searching potential images it all got a bit depressing, so I went left field and employed Mr Dali.

I shot ya that American Gothic. Please tell me I didn't miss it.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

fuzzknot posted:

Apparently y'all's ability to creep my post history is lacking; I've posted recently in the Austin thread, but it's very slow-moving. poo poo like this is why I don't care much for message boards.

Sorry, I forgot I was the only one who shitposts about completely irrelevant topics.

Just relax a bit and don't talk about your personal life so much, imo. Our art is finding genuine but misguided human efforts and laughing at them. So when you post genuine things about your personal life in a thread about dissing start citizen, it puts us in an uncomfortable position, because we will want to make fun of your posts, but we like you, so we can't, so that makes us resent them a bit.

Just my 2 "credits"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

G0RF posted:

Oh man. Everybody is getting down voted on that thread. I guess Dolvak is just lining them up for summary execution unless they say "absolutely sir!"

What a joke.

he is fat zangiev

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Toops posted:

Just relax a bit and don't talk about your personal life so much, imo. Our art is finding genuine but misguided human efforts and laughing at them. So when you post genuine things about your personal life in a thread about dissing start citizen, it puts us in an uncomfortable position, because we will want to make fun of your posts, but we like you, so we can't, so that makes us resent them a bit.

Just my 2 "credits"

Noted.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Eonwe posted:

my gimmick has changed a lot even in the past year

I don't really think anyone can, except maybe Sandi

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

lol