Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Well this new rule is a clear threat to our downvote and shitstirring operations. Derek better pay up for the increased man hours needed to keep dissent alive in the 'eddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Thirsty Dog posted:

The final sentence is the best bit.

Nobody can say SA isn't thorough.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
So what's stopping me creating a new sub reddit or whatever it is for Star Citizen?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Dolvak let eonwe buy you an account, let's discuss a truce. We just want to talk it out, things are getting silly

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

So what's stopping me creating a new sub reddit or whatever it is for Star Citizen?

Nothing commando, make 10 of them.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You stole all the persistence and now the 'universe got none

That may be true, but it's got all the noodle vending machines you'll ever need, REJOICE!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

:effort:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

That may be true, but it's got all the noodle vending machines you'll ever need, REJOICE!

The idea of a noodle machine is pretty gross, and I don't think "Big Benny" would do much for my appetite either

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Creating a sub Reddit goes on your permanent internet record and may affect future job and romantic prospects.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Thirsty Dog posted:

Creating a sub Reddit goes on your permanent internet record and may affect future job and romantic prospects.

This was my concern tbh

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

peter gabriel posted:

The fact that Reddit is rubbish and terrible?

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

peter gabriel posted:

a will to live?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Thirsty Dog posted:

What harassment?

Sexually charged innuendo, indecent proposals, the occasional dick pick. The usual.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

nothing at all

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Well I mean, at least everybody knows where to get buckshot now, so some good came out of it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Google Butt posted:

Dolvak let eonwe buy you an account, let's discuss a truce. We just want to talk it out, things are getting silly

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Eonwe posted:

nothing at all

do not be tempted by this madness pgabz

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
someone on the RSI forum manages to put the round peg in the round hole.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/318519/waiting-on-2-2-anyone-have-official-news/p3

clearly he knows nothing about game development.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Yeah I mean, no, gently caress that it does seem like a lot of hassle. I was just wondering really, like if Reddit just had one sort of unofficial place per subject.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
The writing's on the wall...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
"Kilroy Was Here" has been invoked in discussions of what /starcitizen could turn into.

It prompted me to go watch the video for the first time since like 1980-something. Still holds up!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Chairman Wao posted:

have you guys tried getting ben and sandi to eat some eggs on one of their 15 youtube shows?

No challenge. Ben would gobble them down, no sweat, and Sandi only lives off souls, preferably those of unchristened children. (Those TimTams were human sacrificing satanist flavor, BTW).

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

We already have /r/squadron42 which is one of the reasons why I think we should be massively supporting this latest retarded idea from Dolvak. Banning people with new accounts asking uncomfortable questions is going to cause major collateral damage in the genuine newbies and the more innocents they ban the better.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

We already have /r/squadron42 which is one of the reasons why I think we should be massively supporting this latest retarded idea from Dolvak. Banning people with new accounts asking uncomfortable questions is going to cause major collateral damage in the genuine newbies and the more innocents they ban the better.

That is actually a very funny idea. Also I realize I haven't updated any of the poo poo I said I was going to on /r/squadron42. Sorry.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Galarox posted:

these are awesome. the work you did on Chris Roberts face here is really impressive.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MeLKoR posted:

I've let them know I agree with it so I am sure that will go a long way :lol:

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Beet Wagon posted:

That is actually a very funny idea. Also I realize I haven't updated any of the poo poo I said I was going to on /r/squadron42. Sorry.

It's fine; you're working at the same pace CIG is. It'd be awkward if they fell behind.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

It's fine; you're working at the same pace CIG is. It'd be awkward if they fell behind.

The subreddit is in pre-alpha right now.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Oh, also for you Stellar Commandoes that are hopping over to E:D, I have two guides, written by yours truly, to help you conquer the 4th Stimpire in unoccupied Space Britain.

Starting Out: Get to Mother Goat.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740324&pagenumber=160&perpage=40#post456348977

Ratting and Ship Progression
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740324&pagenumber=159&perpage=40#post456300247

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

these are awesome. the work you did on Chris Roberts face here is really impressive.

Several hours of watching various 10FTC and screencapping for the moneyshot... Stimpire levels of self imposed torture.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Come back to the thread, Karl

Do it

Do

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Galarox posted:

The Persistence of Idiocy, by Parpador Dali

Alternate title could be, The whale who felt grief.

You should do, The Birth of Venus, next.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

KM Scorchio posted:

I've always meant to read an Eonwe post but I get distracted by the elephant and never quite manage it.

That's working as intended, you're not supposed to actually read the posts.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Galarox is a gem. Every post is a masterpiece.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Galarox posted:

Several hours of watching various 10FTC and screencapping for the moneyshot... Stimpire levels of self imposed torture.

I like the child behind Ben and Sandi who is pretty clearly parping.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

idea for solar plebian, a gallery of galarox's fine art photoshops

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Galarox posted:

As always the pseudo hebrew lettering really sold the piece.

:five:

But with enough time and money could it be un-hosed with the team they have now ? Or would we face a "after the heath death of the univere" kind of scenario for it to happen ?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Bootcha posted:

Oh, also for you Stellar Commandoes that are hopping over to E:D, I have two guides, written by yours truly, to help you conquer the 4th Stimpire in unoccupied Space Britain.

Starting Out: Get to Mother Goat.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740324&pagenumber=160&perpage=40#post456348977

Ratting and Ship Progression
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740324&pagenumber=159&perpage=40#post456300247

Thanks, commando! That reminds me, I need to talk to Kermit about joining the Diamond Frogs....

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Please don't destroy Sandi, Fuzzknot :fuzzknot: :yarg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

aleksendr posted:

As always the pseudo hebrew lettering really sold the piece.

:five:

But with enough time and money could it be un-hosed with the team they have now ? Or would we face a "after the heath death of the univere" kind of scenario for it to happen ?

I think we'd need a solid definition of what the game was supposed to do to answer that. Between Roberts and the insane fanbase, the scope creep has resulted in something I don't think you could run on a holodeck.

• Locked thread