Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Ag Bengip posted:

Please don't destroy Sandi, Fuzzknot :fuzzknot: :yarg:

No worries; I'm not violent unless in self defense or defense of someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

aleksendr posted:

As always the pseudo hebrew lettering really sold the piece.

:five:

But with enough time and money could it be un-hosed with the team they have now ? Or would we face a "after the heath death of the univere" kind of scenario for it to happen ?

It would require someone other than Chris Roberts to be in charge, and for CIG to cull features and instead focus on delivering the core product. No birds.

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

fuzzknot posted:

Agreed. Here is Bolie when he was a kitten.

Here is my other catte. Calineko

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ahahahah holy poo poo

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Lime Tonics posted:

Alternate title could be, The whale who felt grief.

You should do, The Birth of Venus, next.

Funnily enough I was looking at that. Might as well give it a go :)

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Happy Sisyphus posted:

idea for solar plebian, a gallery of galarox's fine art photoshops

This is a good idea. I'll talk to Natron about adding a "museum" wing to the space port he's working on.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

peter gabriel posted:

So what's stopping me creating a new sub reddit or whatever it is for Star Citizen?

Do it!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

So what's stopping me creating a new sub reddit or whatever it is for Star Citizen?

Dignity?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

wow I wish I had skipped the last 5 pages.
seriously shutup and maybe talk about the game again please

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It would require someone other than Chris Roberts to be in charge, and for CIG to cull features and instead focus on delivering the core product. No birds.

SC is too far gone at this point. Their head start exhausted and their community poisoned. At this point I expect Chris to bow out for health reasons once he has realized his S42 ambitions in order to grant himself the freedom to ruminate on the near realization of his flawless vision which fell to pieces in his absence. If Freelancer is an example at any rate.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

There is no game, go back to page 1.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

peter gabriel posted:

Thirsty Dog posted:

Creating a sub Reddit goes on your permanent internet record and may affect future job and romantic prospects.

:pgabz:, you're already married and employed, right? Just don't gently caress up your marriage or job and go for it. Use a throwaway account just in case.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Wafflz posted:

But the Brown Sea is far less of a hugbox than reddit (the Browner Sea?)

Kurt_M may not be the most rational actor.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

aleksendr posted:

But with enough time and money could it be un-hosed with the team they have now ? Or would we face a "after the heath death of the univere" kind of scenario for it to happen ?

I think the most likely scenario is they sprint to get SQ42 out, possibly on a console as well. Then they finish up a barebones PU and call that an official release, hoping that their spin machine and the small amount of working gameplay will allow them to barely survive inevitable, significant backlash. Then they can get to the mile long list of features that are, at this point, half a decade late and start drip feeding those to the players with a downsized team for long term maintenance of the live game. They'll maybe ship an additional 10% of the Kickstarter features before the few players still holding onto their fantasies dwindles below what will be necessary to cover costs and the servers will shut down for good.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

That report made me think. Maybe it is best if we dial back our bile against Sandi and the other people at CIG before things escalates and someone gets hurt. I mean we make our jokes and all and next thing you know we will read reports of some former Spetsnaz hired by Sandi breaking into Bootcha's house and found the next day brutally slaughtered with knitting needles. Assassins have families too you know.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

aleksendr posted:

Pseudo runic.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015
double post. i suck

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

this thread goes from horrible to excellent to horrible again without warning. You just have to learn to ride the waves

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Ezekeel posted:

That report made me think. Maybe it is best if we dial back our bile against Sandi and the other people at CIG before things escalates and someone gets hurt. I mean we make our jokes and all and next thing you know we will read reports of some former Spetsnaz hired by Sandi breaking into Bootcha's house and found the next day brutally slaughtered with knitting needles. Assassins have families too you know.

If anything people should double down on the hysterical death threats.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Samizdata posted:

No challenge. Ben would gobble them down, no sweat, and Sandi only lives off souls, preferably those of unchristened children. (Those TimTams were human sacrificing satanist flavor, BTW).

Then let's go the other way. Ben, don't eat the eggs.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Galarox posted:

The Persistence of Idiocy, by Parpador Dali

Now make it a gif where another whale comes flying up and "boops" the dying whale in to space ala the pgabz

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

galarox, photoshop the freelancer or whatever ship that you can fly right now into a whale

part whale, part space ship, all fidelity

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Galarox posted:

This is awesome, but you should swap the remaining clocks for those hosed up chinese star citizen badges with the missing rings and poo poo printed upside down.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Ezekeel posted:

That's true. Like I said, I'm not a violent person and would only do anything in self defense or defense of another (e.g. aforementioned Spetsnaz incident), but there are certainly crazy people and/or idiots out there who shouldn't be encouraged.

I'd be more likely to use a hockey stick, though. :colbert:

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Google Butt posted:

galarox, photoshop the freelancer or whatever ship that you can fly right now into a whale

part whale, part space ship, all fidelity

I would suggest the Banu Merchantman but sadly it does not fit since you said 'ship you can fly right now' and not 'ship that was announced and sold 3 years ago' .

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Galarox posted:

The whale is great.

Once again, I admire your patience.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!
Shitposting to 2000.
:nallears:

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

fuzzknot posted:

aforementioned Spetsnaz incident

what

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ezekeel posted:

I would suggest the Banu Merchantman but sadly it does not fit since you said 'ship you can fly right now' and not 'ship that was announced and sold 3 years ago' .

That and no one has a flying gently caress clue what it will look like.

Might as well drink a quart of prune juice and defecate on the wall an hour later with some hershey squirts for the concept art.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

my gimmick has changed a lot even in the past year

I used to play up being an egomaniac

but then Derek started posting and I realized there was no way I could compete

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

No no, of course that didn't happen. I was responding to a hypothetical situation.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Is that real??

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

peter gabriel posted:

I don't know what their problem is, hopefully this helps

This was about 4 pages back, but I really appreciate you dancing cat man.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

fuzzknot posted:

No no, of course that didn't happen. I was responding to a hypothetical situation.

I was hoping I was going to get a reply like: That time I beat up a squad of Spetsnaz soldiers with (right hand, equipped) a broom handle, (left hand, equipped) a pair of knitting shears and (head, equipped) a +2 wool hat of endurance, is very similar to my dealings with Roberts Space Industries

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Mirificus posted:

The whale is great.

Once again, I admire your patience.

Sadly I am approaching my limits :(

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

double post :keke:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012