Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Flaskraven posted:

Sorry if this is late. The article is three days old, but I haven't seen it here.

Background: Peyton Manning sexually assaulted a trainer in college and then him and his father started a smear campaign against the teacher. This came out a couple of days ago, so fox sports writes this article: http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/peyton-manning-newest-target-of-fake-internet-outrage-brigade-021316

Are fox sports a real site? Or am I falling for satire?
Fox Sports has pretty much become the go-to source for "completely idiotic, borderline racist and sometimes blatantly racist hot takes from lovely sports journalists."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Also for those who don't know Sports Journalism is god drat awful. Like 90+% just terrible.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I've seen Israeli newspapers do that enough. Its hardly a stretch.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Abner Assington posted:

Fox Sports has pretty much become the go-to source for "completely idiotic, borderline racist and sometimes blatantly racist hot takes from lovely sports journalists."

In other words, exactly what you expect from anything bearing the Fox News label.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Levantine posted:

"I'm not racist, I just don't acknowledge those lesser sub-races as human! THANKS OBAMA"

edit:

This reaction almost defies description.

If he changed it, and "Shoop" came on instead it could be straight out of Deadpool. Well, I guess he'd also need to be teabagged at the same time.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Trump on Scalia: "Well I just heard today and that just a little while ago actually -- you know I just landed and I'm hearing it's a big topic -- that's the question. And it's a horrible topic, but they say they found a pillow on his face, which is a pretty unusual place to find a pillow.". Wheee, here we go.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/02/16/trump-joins-radio-ally-to-fuel-scalia-murder-co/208604

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If it wasn't for all the awful racist fear-mongering,I would say Trump is really the best thing to happen to politics.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Breitbart published an article about Kendrick Lamar performing at Grammys and oh boy are the comments a doozy.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/02/15/grammys-watch-kendrick-lamar-get-standing-ovation-prison-performance/

The current one is good, but

Freepers: I hate to say the N word but

is also pretty good.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Radish posted:

If it wasn't for all the awful racist fear-mongering,I would say Trump is really the best thing to happen to politics.

He's like a wrestling heel at this point.

I keep cheering him onto stir up poo poo. I just wish JR and King were commentating on his debates.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FuzzySkinner posted:

He's like a wrestling heel at this point.

I keep cheering him onto stir up poo poo. I just wish JR and King were commentating on his debates.

Uh I think you'll find Mr Trump was actually the face in that feud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVeVcVBW_CE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuesauNtqTU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

oh I know, but he's turned heel now.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Sir Tonk posted:

Conspiracy, you say?

The President one of the first to hear about a Supreme Court Justice's death? Such a shock!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Why do we not live in a sane universe? Because if we did you would never have to even say two words to Trump. Just play videos like that on a loop and nothing else. Instead we're living out Idiocracy with a literal loving wrestler running for actual president.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Phone posted:

Racism, racism, racism, classic racism, penis chat?, more racism, racism.

It almost reads as a parody since it hits all of the Freep keywords at once.

"I know from experience not many women can handle it" was my favorite part.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SumYungGui posted:

Why do we not live in a sane universe? Because if we did you would never have to even say two words to Trump. Just play videos like that on a loop and nothing else. Instead we're living out Idiocracy with a literal loving wrestler running for actual president.

But I could've sworn we had an amnesiac actor for president in the past and an actor governor as well.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Breitbart published an article about Kendrick Lamar performing at Grammys and oh boy are the comments a doozy.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/02/15/grammys-watch-kendrick-lamar-get-standing-ovation-prison-performance/

Holy poo poo this meltdown

Who cares about the Grammys this much anyway? All industry award ceremonies exist only for networking and masturbation and are pretty awful to watch

OxySnake posted:

Also for those who don't know Sports Journalism is god drat awful. Like 90+% just terrible.

Yeah this, if it's weren't for gaming journalism it would be the most mocked and reviled field

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SumYungGui posted:

Centuries from now, someone is going to find a copy of Idiocracy and think it's an historical tome or part of some sort national archive.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Canadians already do! :eng101:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I was able to catch some Rush today and he took a couple of calls from folks who were dismayed at the support for Trump. One of the callers seemed to be upset at Rush for not doing more to tear down Trump.

Here's the only "bad" things he would say about Trump: He's not a conservative and most of his supporters are democrats and independents, they are definitely not conservatives.

When asked if he would feel OK about our country if Trump was elected he dodged the question.

He dares not talk bad of Trump and he is pissed that people think he's supposed to do something about Trump.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Holy poo poo this meltdown

Who cares about the Grammys this much anyway? All industry award ceremonies exist only for networking and masturbation and are pretty awful to watch

Yeah this, if it's weren't for gaming journalism it would be the most mocked and reviled field

It's like anything. There's actually some good journalistic efforts done by various writers.

Then there's shitbags like Clay Travis, Craig James or that one guy who hosts a radio show down in Houston. (I shall link his book here)

http://www.amazon.com/Bias-Booth-Insider-Exposes-Distort/dp/1621573311

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2015/03/13/bias-in-the-booth-an-insider-exposes-how-sports-media-distort-the-news/

The dumbest takes from right wingers in sports media are generally:
-TIM TEBOW GETS CRITICIZED FOR PRAYING TO GOD, BUT MICHAEL SAM GETS TREATED LIKE A HERO?
-CONCUSSIONS ARE A MYTH BY THE LIBERAL MEDIA TO TAKE AWAY OUR FOOTBALL
-KEEP YOUR POLITICS OUT OF MY SPORTS!!!
etc, etc.

What's frustrating about the last one is, historically? That's never been the case. Politics and Sports have been intertwined since the beginning of time. In fact a good portion of progress done in regards to rights for minorities and women? Have been because of their push to be involved in sports!

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Levantine posted:

I have to wonder if commenters like that are so deep in the bubble that they can say stuff like that without irony. Like they spend so much time reassuring eachother that, "no, in fact, we aren't racist!" that they begin to believe it. It's impossible to read a screed like that and not feel the hate radiating from it. But of course it's Obama's fault because there is no greater crime than being openly black in America.

I used to think the whole thing was a wink nudge act where they knew full well they were racist and just tried to act innocent but now I think they may actually believe they are not really racist while saying if it wasn't for slavery black people would still be living in huts in Africa.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I used to think the whole thing was a wink nudge act where they knew full well they were racist and just tried to act innocent but now I think they may actually believe they are not really racist while saying if it wasn't for slavery black people would still be living in huts in Africa.

Racism is what bad people do. They're "race realists." There's nothing wrong with recognizing patterns and speaking the truth.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Jurgan posted:

Racism is what bad people do. They're "race realists." There's nothing wrong with recognizing patterns and speaking the truth.

Like anything negative, people will go through hoops to justify their actions to themselves so they don't have to entertain the possibility of them actually being a bad person. Conservative media and politicians gleefully exploiting this cognitive dissonance for votes make it a very easy thing to do these days.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Just gonna leave my gun on the table to show I mean business.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so is he going to go budd dwyer now?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Crowder announced his diagnosis

quote:

LCL completely torn and "ruptured tissue around there

For those who know about this stuff, how bad is that?

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so is he going to go budd dwyer now?

"Please clap immediately if you have a weak stomach or mind..."

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Chekhov's gun, maybe?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Anti-Beyonce protest at NFL headquarters brings literally 3s of people

Fuckin lol

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwVnDRx8Eik

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

OxySnake posted:

I stick mostly to baseball, but I really enjoy print sports journalism. There's a lot of depth and the best guy have been covering it for years and are really knowledgable about something I care about. Some of them are really funny too. Bonus points in that some of them are active in Twitter and engage with their readers.

Can't say as a whole of sports journalism, but that little corner is awesome.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

I first looked at the picture itself and thought it was someone making fun of Jeb, but no, it's an actual unironic tweet from the man himself. :pwn:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

It's a meme on the internet now.

I'm laughing my rear end off. Jeb Bush makes his brother seem brilliant.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Apparently ISIS has more faith in the American dollar than talk radio. It seems to be the official currency now.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I was able to catch some Rush today and he took a couple of calls from folks who were dismayed at the support for Trump. One of the callers seemed to be upset at Rush for not doing more to tear down Trump.

Here's the only "bad" things he would say about Trump: He's not a conservative and most of his supporters are democrats and independents, they are definitely not conservatives.

When asked if he would feel OK about our country if Trump was elected he dodged the question.

He dares not talk bad of Trump and he is pissed that people think he's supposed to do something about Trump.

It was weird how he started screaming about how he couldn't do anything about it as it went into the break. I've never really heard Rush get that angry sounding ever and I've been torturing myself with him for many years.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

whaley posted:

It was weird how he started screaming about how he couldn't do anything about it as it went into the break. I've never really heard Rush get that angry sounding ever and I've been torturing myself with him for many years.

Remember: back in 96, the GOP held a banquet in that bloated drugsack's honor for his role in helping bring congress under their control. Now he can't even help bend the primaries towards a candidate he prefers.

That has to sting.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

whaley posted:

I heard that too. I was thinking he has to be doing it on purpose and that he's in no way showing real emotions, but this loving primary might be enough to drive anyone crazy. I also thought the guy calling in talking about how he is disappointed in Rush not doing more to combat Trump was a show plant, but that got too testy and he just flat out ignored the guy's questions.

Earlier Rush was talking about how Trump can get on TV at anytime with any network, and then says "how can you beat that?" :shrug: He knows what's up. He wishes he could get that kind of coverage.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Loool jeb bush uttered the magic words "I find it amusing" when talking about how not-mad he is about Trump cratering his whole family and his presidential aspirations on CBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's a meme on the internet now.

I'm laughing my rear end off. Jeb Bush makes his brother seem brilliant.

The best part about that is apparently Jeb!'s America gun is a German design. You're right, W looks like a political master compared to Jeb!