Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MG2 posted:

Wtf I just got a letter that I ran a red light and the picture of the car that ran the red light is not my car nor have I ever seen that car.

Actually addressed to you?

Did someone steal your identity to register their car so they could run red lights? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

King Burgundy posted:

Actually addressed to you?

Did someone steal your identity to register their car so they could run red lights? :)

Yeah it's a work van addressed to me.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

MG2 posted:

Does anyone here like mst3k? What mst3k DVD set should I buy?

I looked over a wiki overview for the DVD sets that are out and from what I recognize that's in the collections this one would be my pick (plus it has two shorts): http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Scien...14KGASRXRQHRS79

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PBS Newshour posted:

i bought new board games and now i have to wait a week for them to ship :(

The worst feeling in the world. What did you get?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CCKeane posted:

I'm a pretty big guy and I eat a lot just on my own, we wanted to see if I could beat cool hand luke

It's REALLY hard after the second dozen.

Keane you should try the 100 peep challenge that Francis does in that one episode of Malcolm in the Middle as a follow-up.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
The letter said to "my name". The picture may have included my car but I wasn't still in the intersection and it wasn't the license plate they listed in the letter.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
51 eggs in an hour. Seems like it'd be easier if they were uncooked.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MG2 posted:

The letter said to "my name". The picture may have included my car but I wasn't still in the intersection and it wasn't the license plate they listed in the letter.

Then it's a pretty easy dismissal.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

TMMadman posted:

Then it's a pretty easy dismissal.

Yeah it's a lot of bullshit. I'll at least have to call them to tell them it's not my car. I feel like after I didn't make the work van pay for rear ending me I should have some karma going my way but I guess not lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

chaoslord posted:

The worst feeling in the world. What did you get?

twilight struggle, castles of burgundy, mage knight, and 2 bang! expanisons i didn't have

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

PBS Newshour posted:

twilight struggle, castles of burgundy, mage knight, and 2 bang! expanisons i didn't have

I haven't tried my copy of Twilight Struggle yet but I'm eager to.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PBS Newshour posted:

That is a very nice haul, congrats

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

PBS Newshour posted:

Mage knight. What did you get w/r/t Mage knight? I have a ton of figures I have left over I could send ya

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MG2 posted:

Mage knight. What did you get w/r/t Mage knight? I have a ton of figures I have left over I could send ya

the board game, not the miniatures game if that is what you are talking about

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

chaoslord posted:

That is a very nice haul, congrats

I am really glad I had the self control to not spend all the money on x wing miniatures.

I almost spent all the money on x wing miniatures.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

PBS Newshour posted:

the board game, not the miniatures game if that is what you are talking about

I didn't even know there was a Mage knight board game. I'll go look it up now haha

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MG2 posted:

I didn't even know there was a Mage knight board game. I'll go look it up now haha

Its done by Vlaada Chvátil*, it looks pretty awesome

*creator of codenames, the best game

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

PBS Newshour posted:

Its done by Vlaada Chvátil*, it looks pretty awesome

*creator of codenames, the best game

Yeah it does look cool. I hope it's a good game.

If anyone in this thread plays Mage knight with the miniatures/wants to try it out lemme know. I'll see if I can find my miniatures and we can work out a deal haha. I'd rather you have em for cheap then they sit in my closet for no reason

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
I love mst3k and own the mst3k turkey day DVD set anyone have an ms3tk DVD collection that I should buy?

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
I'm taking bids for payment for someone to vote for Bernie sanders for me. Send me your bid via pm to me

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
How does it make sense to take the ability to vote away from felons? I feel like this is not a thing the founding fathers thought through

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It ignores the idea of reform. Which is reflected in how prisons are viewed in general.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Amoeba102 posted:

It ignores the idea of reform. Which is reflected in how prisons are viewed in general.

Yeah it highlights the way that prisons have changed over the years. From state run reformatories to commercially run prisons.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
a country run by felons is not a place any sane soul would like to live.

:australia:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ecco does it count when you're in a country run by people that should be felons?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

No one can change for the better. Once you've fallen, you can not return. As your life goes on, you can at best maintain your current state but most likely continue a descent into depths of villainy. There is no redemption.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

EccoRaven posted:

a country run by felons is not a place any sane soul would like to live.

:australia:

What's the % of felons in the U.S. Vs the non felons?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
countries, pretty stupid sometimes

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Amoeba102 posted:

No one can change for the better. Once you've fallen, you can not return. As your life goes on, you can at best maintain your current state but most likely continue a descent into depths of villainy. There is no redemption.

There have been many times where my lifestyle of the past would make more sense for me to follow than the path I'm currently following, only because of the way I'm treated as a felon.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Well, I don't believe this, but I do believe that the children of such reformed people will be vile beasts unfit for pulling my carriage.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I don't believe it either, it's a statement about society. I do believe anyone can change for the better, but society holds them back.

As for Australia. The convicts sent to around the world were not the true criminals. Mostly victims of poverty in England. It was the ones running the colony for England that were the true criminals.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
From a website that had #'s on felonies in the U.S.: about 25% of the total US adult black population has a felony, while 6.5% of adult non-blacks have a felony conviction. About 8.6% of the adult population has a felony conviction.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Amoeba102 posted:

I don't believe it either, it's a statement about society. I do believe anyone can change for the better, but society holds them back.

As for Australia. The convicts sent to around the world were not the true criminals. Mostly victims of poverty in England. It was the ones running the colony for England that were the true criminals.

I feel the same way as a person that has experienced the U.S. System.

The system isn't based on getting better. It's based on keeping you where you are, and making money off of your continued screw ups

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

That's all class systems. Designed to keep you where you are and profit from you.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Amoeba102 posted:

That's all class systems. Designed to keep you where you are and profit from you.

Well I feel like the American system hasn't been noticed by the majority population of America (the white people) because they don't have to experience it day in day out

Edit: here's the website for my claims on felony %'s https://www.libertariannews.org/2014/06/05/what-percentage-of-us-adult-population-that-has-a-felony-conviction/

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Australians all used to be felons, and now they can all vote. Stay strong

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Opopanax posted:

Australians all used to be felons, and now they can all vote. Stay strong

I'm gonna come up and visit you sometime. I just have to sneak across the border

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hide in a barrel at the bottom of Niagara Falls. Get Opop to put a decoy off from the top, get caught and "sent back" to Canada.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Amoeba102 posted:

Hide in a barrel at the bottom of Niagara Falls. Get Opop to put a decoy off from the top, get caught and "sent back" to Canada.

I figure I could run across the border and opop could pick me up on the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/sa-wifom-omgus