Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Goddamn

Really though SF5 is a dissapointment. The actual versus mode fighting stuff is fun when it works but right now the servers are dead (Expected I guess) and there is practically nothing to do offline

Well, specifically, and insanely, you can do the single player stuff while the servers are down but you won't unlock anything by doing it because all that information is stored server side. Anything you do offline you will have to redo online later when the servers are working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Honestly just thinking of waiting until the summer to really start digging in to SFV. Like it seems dumb when I paid money but man they shipped this thing even more incomplete than Splatoon. It doesn't help that I finally got around to starting Sleeping Dogs which right now seems like a WAY better use of my time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's probably your best choice if you want actual stuff in the game and don't care about the online aspect.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

On the other hand you might as well get in on the online while there are still scrubs like me around.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There will always be scrubs

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Baal posted:

There will always be scrubs

At least until the TLC update comes out.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pat Mustard posted:

At least until the TLC update comes out.

TOASTYYYYY

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

loving GTA on sale again. It's starting to look a bit pathetic.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This is a pretty weak week for sales, releases, and everything.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Surely everyone who wants to play GTA V will have by this point

Annoying Reveler
Jul 16, 2002
Is Layers of Fear supposed to be discounted for PS+ members?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

Surely everyone who wants to play GTA V will have by this point

you would think but

quote:

January 2016 NPD

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
2. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

This is a pretty weak week for sales, releases, and everything.

Would say this means a flash sale, but we just had one last week. Rockstar and Atlus (which of course are on sale this week) feel like they should just permanently drop the prices on their stuff at this point.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rirse posted:

Would say this means a flash sale, but we just had one last week. Rockstar and Atlus (which of course are on sale this week) feel like they should just permanently drop the prices on their stuff at this point.

Something that is on sale will inherently get more attention than something that is merely low price. That is why Atlus does that. It keeps putting niche games in the eyes of people browsing the weekly deals.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Division Season Pass was put up

quote:

Tom Clancy's The Division Season Pass grants you access to all three major expansions over the course of a year, an array of exclusive gear and day 1 customization options, as well as special perks each month just for Season Pass ownersall at one great price.
Each expansion builds on The Division, continuing your agents journey with new content, gear and gameplay as you fight to take back New York:
Expansion I: Underground
Expansion II: Survival
Expansion III: Last Stand
With the Season Pass, your Agent will stand out from the rest. On Day 1, youll unlock the exclusive Sawed-off Shotgun, a unique salvaged sidearm customized for short-range destruction. You will also receive a set of exclusive outfits and weapon skins.
In addition, Season Pass owners gain the benefit of special monthly perks, including exclusive content drops and events. More details coming soon!

Will the outrage be higher or lower than Destiny's DLC plans

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
We'll see how good/bad the content is. The second DLC is supposed to make the entire map a Dark Zone, which could be cool.

But good news is that the season pass DLC price is no more expensive than the gold edition premium. So I can get the standard edition and wait to see details on the DLC later. Only difference is getting it as Amazon 20% off through gold edition preorder, so saving $8 on it at a gamble of preordering...

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Speaking of dlc, Fallout 4 has announced it's dlc and is raising the price of it's season pass from 29.99 to 49.99 but if you have purchased the seasonpass before the price hike then you still get all the content.

So if anyones interested, it's still listed as 30 bucks on PSN

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Speaking of dlc, Fallout 4 has announced it's dlc and is raising the price of it's season pass from 29.99 to 49.99 but if you have purchased the seasonpass before the price hike then you still get all the content.

So if anyones interested, it's still listed as 30 bucks on PSN

Ah cool. Two packs that should have been in the game and an actual DLC.

Edit:
I also laugh because I remember Skyrim was supposed to have more DLCs but they were cut in the end. Here is hoping people who buy the season pass for $50 get more than the $40 of DLC shown.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 16, 2016

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

That tweeter account has been on song lately

CEO Ken has always been completely on point. Not sure how funny it is to look back at his old tweets, but when they come out they are solid gold.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Harlock posted:

Will the outrage be higher or lower than Destiny's DLC plans
Depends on if they expect me to rebuy the game plus all the DLC plus a new DLC a year from now and get a bunch of people to say "nah man it's fun now really if you get this but the old poo poo is crap"

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

In Training posted:

Well, specifically, and insanely, you can do the single player stuff while the servers are down but you won't unlock anything by doing it because all that information is stored server side. Anything you do offline you will have to redo online later when the servers are working.

The funniest part is many people probably wouldn't care about the inability to unlock stuff if "Fight Money" weren't a big thing in this one.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I have bought two season passes in my life, and the one that made me stop was the one for Destiny's pre-order. I never touched any of that content. When I looked at Batman's season pass it made me feel slightly better. Poor bastards.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Speaking of dlc, Fallout 4 has announced it's dlc and is raising the price of it's season pass from 29.99 to 49.99
lmao

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Bethesda knows their audience will eat that poo poo up.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mayor McCheese posted:

I have bought two season passes in my life, and the one that made me stop was the one for Destiny's pre-order. I never touched any of that content.
Yeah, and I swore I learned my lesson, but I had enough fun with The Division so far that it's making me consider being that stupid again. Especially if I can save $20 with this Amazon nonsense.

... then again I preordered MGS5 as well after promising I would never preorder anymore as well :doh:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I always have and always will preorder any Souls game and all their related DLC. Has turned out pretty OK so far

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I bought the Fallout 4 dlc the same time I pre-ordered the game. Amused this comment will upset people on the internet.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

For something like Dark Souls , coming back to it after a half year makes me so rusty I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself, doing a second playthrough isn't quite fun for me.

For bethesda games it comes down to memory size and constant huge dlc releases will kill my storage. I'm way better off waiting two years for the complete edition.

I'm about done with WB games season passes after Batman. I am waiting for Witcher 3 complete and will admit I have Mortal Kombat XL on preorder.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
As someone hoping to snatch it to practice before the next version comes out, how often does Guilty Gear Xrd go on those steep $15 sales?

...please don't be a naive question to ask.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I would like to say pretty often. I've been eyeing it too and I seem to have asked myself if it was worth it too

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Update: Gearbox will bring back Duke Nukem 3D "later this year."

bagina posted:

It would be nice if Rainbow Moon was retroactively cross buy from the PS3 version.

PS4 version has no cross-buy offer. There is an "upgrade" PS4 version for $7.49 if you own the PS3 and/or Vita versions.

Japan store:
PS2 Archive game Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter is now available for 1,234. This is for PS3 and not PS4.

I don't believe Japan has PS2-on-PS4 games yet, right?

Vita demo for the beat-em-up Uppers is now up. A bunch of people in the Vita thread were talking about this. Also, if machine translator is right, it includes a discount ticket that lowers the price of the download version from 6,458 to 5,958 for around the first 3 weeks of release.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Feb 17, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I find myself considering the division despite not being excited about it only because I have $150 in psn cards and there is jack poo poo else to buy for a long time. Watch Dogs was a turd too but I almost platinum'd it due to the similar release time.

I love almost all Clancy games, tried rs siege recently and love it but I'm so so bad.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
Try the open beta this weekend. Just search division beta in the store to preload. Servers go up at like 3am Friday morning EST.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Reverse Centaur posted:

I find myself considering the division despite not being excited about it only because I have $150 in psn cards and there is jack poo poo else to buy for a long time. Watch Dogs was a turd too but I almost platinum'd it due to the similar release time.

I love almost all Clancy games, tried rs siege recently and love it but I'm so so bad.

Dude all you gotta do is buy the Japanese version of Dark Souls and then the American version three weeks later.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:allears:

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

The best part of that plan is how he'll still have about $10 left to put toward the season pass.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Billy Elliot posted:

Try the open beta this weekend. Just search division beta in the store to preload. Servers go up at like 3am Friday morning EST.

They are doing a second open beta? That's pretty ballsy given the lukewarm reception to the first. I guess to capture people that didn't get to try it the first time around (like myself)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Billy Elliot posted:

I already tried the closed beta. It's so brainless and repetitive but seems like it could be a decent "chilling after work" game.

I bought it :ssh:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They are doing a second open beta? That's pretty ballsy given the lukewarm reception to the first. I guess to capture people that didn't get to try it the first time around (like myself)
Technically the first one was closed, it's just Nvidia was giving away so many free keys it might as well have been open :shrug:

So this time around is probably the one where they really attempt to build hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Wow, jacking up the price of a Season Pass is something I never considered before. That's diabolical.

• Locked thread