Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Alucard Nacirema posted:

So is there not going to be a Justice League #52? Seems kind of weird considering it was the flagship book of the line. DC is gonna keep being DC I guess...

This reboot will be the New 51. Each month, DC will reboot with 1 fewer launch title until eventually we're just down to the New Batman.

(JL52 is probably going to be the big issue that launches or heralds Rebirth so it will probably go our early June, and then the rest of June will be Rebirth)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
By new game changing epic, you mean a Titan will die. Which doesn't take that many issues.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

DrProsek posted:

This reboot will be the New 51. Each month, DC will reboot with 1 fewer launch title until eventually we're just down to the New Batman.

(JL52 is probably going to be the big issue that launches or heralds Rebirth so it will probably go our early June, and then the rest of June will be Rebirth)

Seems like they should have extended The Darkseid War for 2 more issues then considering the whole fight with the anti-monitor could have concluded with a big universal shakeup. The current rumor is that in June no book has a number and instead just has Rebirth at the end so Batman Rebirth, JL Rebirth, etc. and then new #1s in July

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

but will Jason’s methods tear down the partnership they’ve been trying so hard to build?

Aw man :smith:
Let me introduce you to this handy rule.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Squizzle posted:

I'm picturing Steed/Peel The Avengers in Color-era crossed with '70s/'80s "New York is a grimy hell" crime films, with an intentional lack of effort to smooth out the fit between genres. Also, the leads are costumed teenagers, the fight choreography is all stolen from Hong Kong action films, and sometimes people have superpowers.

WHO SHOWED YOU MY FANFICSNOTES?! :tinfoil:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

American Alien #4 preview:
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/preview-superman-american-alien-4/1100-154918/

Jae Lee is trying out a new art style I think. Using way looser lines and building the environments out of caligraphic brush strokes.

e: Actually, looks like he was going that way when he got back on Batman/Superman, but it's more pronounced now.
BM/SM #13

ee: Didn't realize this week's issues were actually out. I didn't enjoy AA #4 all that much. It'd have made a better early issue of Batman/Superman, though.
Some nice pre-Robin Dick Grayson, though.

also

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Feb 17, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I know others like him, but I just can't get into Jae Lee. He looks like someone going for a dream like appearance but with an otherwise completely normal comic structure, and it's all too mushy and unfocused.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Today Martian Manhunter has a mech fight. Also John Constantine makes a Melancholia joke when Mars is about to crash into Earth and he calls superheroes "the action figures"
The bad guy just said "Hell aria of planet death."

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bleeding Cool posted:

Quick one, folks.

I understand that a number of other creators have been approached, and others will be approached this week, to sign exclusive contracts with DC Comics.

That means they can’t write or draw comic books, usually work-for-hire comics books, for the competition, usually Marvel, and get guaranteed amounts of work, page rates and other benefits including health insurance.

This will be as a result of successful pitches being made for the DC Rebirth titles. And DC want to lock them in. Maybe sign an NDA or two…

Good luck everyone. Tough decisions – but very interesting opportunities – out there.

It was about drat time.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/17/dc-comics-to-announce-rebirth-tomorrow-at-comicspro/

Looks like Rebirth is being announced tomorrow. Also of note:

quote:

The spin is that the Best of New 52 and DC You is remaining. The old stuff you liked is coming back. Oh, and to expect big name creatives back on the books. Well, that just encourages my speculation.

It's sounding like books like Midnighter and Hellblazer might not be canceled. Midnighter's solicit did not sound definitive by any means.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm anxious to see what they can come up with to get me back reading more than a couple titles. Marc Silvestri sure as poo poo ain't gonna do it though.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Big name creators hey. So how many titles is Liefeld going to do this time?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Semper Fudge posted:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/17/dc-comics-to-announce-rebirth-tomorrow-at-comicspro/

It's sounding like books like Midnighter and Hellblazer might not be canceled. Midnighter's solicit did not sound definitive by any means.

yeah but on the other hand, Rich did say it was a reboot

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Semper Fudge posted:

Please let Midnighter continue with the same team.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if "your old favorites are coming back" would include Wally West. They're kinda damned-if-they-do with that since nobody gives a poo poo about new Wally but getting rid of him would be whitewashing an attempt at diversity again.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

In a total inversion, Jim Lee will be WRITING a comic for two issues until he realizes he has more important things to do.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Guh. Exclusive contracts. It's so nice when great writers are writing for everyone.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Not so nice when they don't have healthcare.

X-O posted:

I'm anxious to see what they can come up with to get me back reading more than a couple titles. Marc Silvestri sure as poo poo ain't gonna do it though.

There's absolutely zero chance that Silvestri is doing anything other than a limited prestige book or some poo poo. He absolutely cannot do a regular schedule.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Guh. Exclusive contracts. It's so nice when great writers are writing for everyone.

I'm pretty sure getting actual health care and benefits is better for them.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Who cares about that when you can imagine the Charles Soule series we never got!!

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Your reminder here that American Alien is great, buy it early and often. I hope the series gets an attractive collected edition someday.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Swillkitsch posted:

Your reminder here that American Alien is great, buy it early and often. I hope the series gets an attractive collected edition someday.

I agree. Landis could be a colossal rear end in a top hat but he writes a FANTASTIC Superman.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm delightfully surprised by the TMNT/Batman crossover using Ra's. That's some drat good villain selection, he could totally be a TMNT rogue.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I agree. Landis could be a colossal rear end in a top hat but he writes a FANTASTIC Superman.

Yeah, pretty much. It's amazing.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
I hope the rumor about Marc Silvestri becoming creative lead over Batman is true. I want to see more 90s Image guys working on DC books.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Superman AA #4 makes me want to see what Landis would do with Batman now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just looking through this http://www.newsarama.com/28021-what-we-learned-from-dc-s-may-2016-solicitations.html did we all miss Travel Foreman solicited to fill in on Constantine? That's exciting.

Alucard Nacirema posted:

I hope the rumor about Marc Silvestri becoming creative lead over Batman is true. I want to see more 90s Image guys working on DC books.

Main rumor (is anyone reporting rumors outside of BC?) is that he has a limited series that he's been working on for years, and Tom King has Batman.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Rhyno posted:

Superman AA #4 makes me want to see what Landis would do with Batman now.

The Superman books should only be handled by Landis & Pak (Fun Fact they pitched a complete reimagining of the Death of Superman Saga in the early days of the New 52 that DC scrapped in favor of DOOMED). Instead we are going to get a weekly series by Tomasi. gently caress!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This isn't the first time Landis did that and it sucked so bullet dodged.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I've found mainline Superman disappointing for months (including Pak comics.) I'm looking forward to Tomasi's thing.

I found this funny.

There's no way he isn't making GBS threads on Mikel Janin.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I really hope Tom King doesn't sign one, nothing must interfere with the glorious work he's doing on The Vision.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sentinel Red posted:

I really hope Tom King doesn't sign one, nothing must interfere with the glorious work he's doing on The Vision.

He is

quote:

DC Entertainment announced today the signing of writer Tom King and fan favorite artists Clay Mann and John Timms to exclusive deals to produce their comic book work solely for the DC Comics and Vertigo imprints.

King, Mann and Timms will be joining an already impressive roster of DC-exclusive talent, including writer/artist Bryan Hitch (JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA), writer Peter Tomasi (DETECTIVE COMICS, SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN) and artist Tony Daniel (DEATHSTROKE, SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN).

Meh.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I must be out of it as I have never heard of John Timms.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
DC is smart to sign on Tom King considering how good his output has been. Only hope he's allowed to finish The Vision.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Sentinel Red posted:

If the contract is anything like Taylor or Soule's, they'll still get to finish out their current projects.

Also, everyone excited about Tom King sticking with DC & Vertigo needs to check out Sheriff of Babylon. Top-tier Vertigo right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He quite possibly has a clause that allows him to finish his work at Marvel. Soule had the same thing when he signed with Marvel.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aw man, Clay Mann? I love his Valiant work. That sucks.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I'm finding it hilarious how mad people are on the internet about the latest Harley Quinn.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trast posted:

I'm finding it hilarious how mad people are on the internet about the latest Harley Quinn.

Why? Did she die or something?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Trast posted:

What happened?

Trast posted:

In a nutshell she breaks into Arkhem to spring her boyfriend and runs into the Joker. Joker tries to manipulate her again. She is having none of it. They throw down and she wins, walks away telling him she'll never let him abuse her again.

So it's one of those mens rights things? Shouldn't we be ignoring these people?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
In a nutshell she breaks into Arkhem to spring her boyfriend and runs into the Joker. Joker tries to manipulate her again. She is having none of it. They throw down and she wins, walks away telling him she'll never let him abuse her again.

• Locked thread