Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
Oh man I love the PTS. Nothing better than being forced to play Raijin jungle just because you spam clicked and got him first before calling roles.

Then surrendering at 10 because the people who stuck to mid and solo out of spite fed their brains out, blaming me.

17 MINUTE QUEUE, 10 MINUTE GAME, AND STUBBORN PLAYERS. PTS IS THE BEST!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

ChickenWyngz posted:

I cant believe I'm actually enjoying slowly learning all the stat/god stuff. It feels like when I played planetside 1 yeaaaars ago and could rattle off weapon stats at the drop of a hat.

Yeah, me too, it seemed like it was gonna be nightmare to learn all this stuff, but it's starting to get fun.

By the way, I think we just played a game together, I'm PolytheisticMaus. If anyone wanted to invite me to the goonclan, I'd be much appreciative. I at least feel like a have a few gods I'm good with now, so I'm less embarrassed.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
It annoys me how tower ranges extend slightly beyond the ground markings.

There's a few abilities too where the actual damage range and the visual effects are inconsistent. Thor's spin comes to mind.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Like Nox's silence. I've died to it a few times when I clearly wasn't in it.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

Brannock posted:

There's a few abilities too where the actual damage range and the visual effects are inconsistent. Thor's spin comes to mind.

I've screwed up many a Hou Yi bounce because of this.

Edit: This may be an example of the opposite? The shot doesn't go as far as the indicator would suggest.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Double date was a great match of the day, especially if you understand that most of the healers are girls so you have a pretty decent shot at royally screwing the enemy over with Odin if you get the boys. Pair him up with a Cupid since their ults line up perfectly and you have a recipe for going 15-0 in ten minutes and drawing a surrender. You can also go Ah Puch/Ah Muzen Cab and never give up lane pressure even if one of you needs a back. It makes me wish there was a 2v2 game type permanently.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i only have 3 more masteries to go...

actually 4 if you count Raijin :smithicide:

I'm so sick of casual conquest solo queue hell~

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Lastgirl posted:

i only have 3 more masteries to go...

actually 4 if you count Raijin :smithicide:

I'm so sick of casual conquest solo queue hell~

Play arena and get those masterys in half the time. I started playing on september 25th, spent the majority of my time playing Ares up until November, then in the last couple of months i've mastered 54 gods.

http://smite.guru/stats/hr/Dogstile/casual

Arena is easy mode though. Especially with that Odin/Ares Wombo Combo. I've also finally Diamond mastered Ares in my last match with him and even got the mythical five gods pulled, but I guess that achievement wasn't on the system yet because I didn't get it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The meta still in flux? I haven't tried S3 conq yet but I plan to soon.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

dogstile posted:

Play arena and get those masteries in half the time.

Also, have fun a couple of times while you're doing it

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Smite's birthday is March 25, right? Is it likely that the god pack will go on sale then? I read somewhere that it's gone on sale on that day in the past.

I might wait until then to get the god pack, but if it's not likely to happen again I'm just going to get it today.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Everything about Athena except her skills is hot clown garbage and I wish they would completely rework her model and voice

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

What are you talking about, that Liberte skin is this era's cutting edge graphics.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
"Greek goddess of wisdom and strategy = Russian stripper" - Hi-Rez Studios

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
Coming back after a long old break, do I just play the new joust map pretty much the same as the old or are there new leet tactics I need to read up on?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Farecoal posted:

Everything about Athena except her skills is hot clown garbage and I wish they would completely rework her model and voice

Yeah, seriously. I loving love playing her, but hearing any of her voice lines makes me cringe like hell.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

RossCo posted:

Coming back after a long old break, do I just play the new joust map pretty much the same as the old or are there new leet tactics I need to read up on?

In most of the matches I do, mana buff is first. You can try to go for damage buff early, but it's a risky move. After a certain point you should make sure that your team is always the one that gets the damage buff since it's shared now. Usually go for the Bull Demon King when the other team is playing defensively, but licking their wounds from before or dead. I'm new to this game, but I pretty much only play Joust. So whatever that's worth.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Farecoal posted:

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

Also, it's Greek accent (or so she says!)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

"That should cover my... vital parts!" :v:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The heels joke makes my girlfriend laugh every time I play Athena and that's made up for it alone :colbert:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Smite is patching. Is this the Raijin release?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Brannock posted:

Smite is patching. Is this the Raijin release?

Yes.

Also, Khepri's grab getting shut down by everything is obnoxious in assault. Poseidon's whirlpool, Thor's wall, an enemy Khepri's grab, and Vamana's knock-up basically made the skill worthless all game.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Smite Community Feedback form.

These are getting tougher and tougher to fill out. How do I single out one god to nerf when Amaterasu, Ao Kuang, and Sol exist? And soon Raijin with his absurd scaling numbers?

I decided to go with Amaterasu specifically because she gets free bonus damage off the mirror when it should scale off physical power which allows her to deal substantial damage even if built pure tank *COUGHbellona's2COUGH*.

And I said Thanatos needed a buff, and under "reason" I put "because Ao Kuang exists."

I didn't mention Raijin because there hasn't been enough time for people to play him yet.

Aborted
Aug 7, 2007

Boba Fatt
https://www.humblebundle.com/gamepedia_bundle?utm_source=Gamepedia%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=Humble_Gamepedia_Bundle

Looks like they are offering Freya Pixel Buster skin. No idea if it's a saving, not in game to check price

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Farecoal posted:

YOU IS ROCKSTAR

YOU IS ROCKSTAR

YOU IS ROCKSTAR

YOU IS ROCKSTAR

YOU IS ROCKSTAR

YOU IS ROCKSTAR

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Everything about Athena is literally perfect, especially now they have updated the mastery skins.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

Everything about Athena is literally perfect, especially now they have updated the mastery skins.

Aborted posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gamepedia_bundle?utm_source=Gamepedia%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=Humble_Gamepedia_Bundle

Looks like they are offering Freya Pixel Buster skin. No idea if it's a saving, not in game to check price

BS how code doesn't work on xbone.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

Aborted posted:

I'm pretty sure the Freya Pixel Buster skin is exclusive to chests (it's in the Curiosity chest which is available right now for 200 gems a spin). Unless you want to take a chance at getting super lucky with the 55 items in the chest, this would be an infinitely better deal at $5.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Raijin seems way overtuned.Then you take in account the blink and the absurd scaling on his abilities ...

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Aborted posted:

Link is dead for me, but the bundle exists on just humblebundle.com so that's probably why.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Brannock posted:

Raijin seems way overtuned.Then you take in account the blink and the absurd scaling on his abilities ...

I'm pretty new and haven't even tried a handful of gods still, but I did buy the god pack. Even to a confused baddie like myself, Raijin seems seriously overtuned just in the 2 or 3 rounds I've played him.
He does a lot of damage, has a lot of range, and has a lot of mobility. From what I can tell, it's usually a pick 2 type of deal for mages.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Got in a round of Raijin (in Arena), initial impressions based off exactly one game:

I don't really like him. I got 40% cdr and it still felt like all my poo poo was always on cooldown and I just stand around like a moron.

The 1 is difficult to get full hits on. You basically sacrifice your 3's damage unless you're confirming a kill because using it for damage is suicidal -- kind of like Nox. The 2 doesn't do damage until you confirm it which is kind of annoying but oh well, it still hits really hard. With the ult you basically have to spam buttons because if you don't, you fall back down before you get your 4th drum off.

He does a LOT of damage, but it's all AOE chip damage and it's hard to feel like you're making an impact or you can carry a game. The ult is probably best for the taunt pull than going pure damage on it ... depends on situation I guess.

I think he makes really good use of Gem of Isolation, a 25% slow on 3 AOE abilities would have been amazing in that match.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Should tell that to Raijin when his Ult kills half the team then its second effects stuns enough of everyone else for the rest of his team to kill them. And if that doesn't work, he'll just nuke them down with his instant mezz/damage combo. And if that doesn't do it he'll just burst you with his 2.

No one usually survives past step 1, though. He's too powerful. That's no exaggeration either, that's literally all my team's Raijin did in the last two matches I was in. He's a loving beast.

Edit: I hate that silence stops relics from being used. Nox is such an annoying, bullshit god.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 17, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Brannock posted:

Got in a round of Raijin (in Arena), initial impressions based off exactly one game:

I don't really like him. I got 40% cdr and it still felt like all my poo poo was always on cooldown and I just stand around like a moron.

The 1 is difficult to get full hits on. You basically sacrifice your 3's damage unless you're confirming a kill because using it for damage is suicidal -- kind of like Nox. The 2 doesn't do damage until you confirm it which is kind of annoying but oh well, it still hits really hard. With the ult you basically have to spam buttons because if you don't, you fall back down before you get your 4th drum off.

He does a LOT of damage, but it's all AOE chip damage and it's hard to feel like you're making an impact or you can carry a game. The ult is probably best for the taunt pull than going pure damage on it ... depends on situation I guess.

I think he makes really good use of Gem of Isolation, a 25% slow on 3 AOE abilities would have been amazing in that match.

also bear in mind that it is arena

he might play out differently in a conquest lane? :shrug: but even if he sounds overtuned, which is pretty common of hirez release gods until they nerf them in some respect

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Raijin will be fine with a little bit of tuning down the numbers. It's actually quite easy to beat him, he shits out damage like Anubis but trades the stun for mobility and a limited CC. The mez is great and all, but it's a hard crowd control that will DR a target, and it lasts less than a second because it gets broken with damage (which is immediately dealt right after being applied). Also if you can bait out Raiju and avoid him for a few seconds a HUGE part of his damage is negated. In fact I'd be willing to bet once he cops the inevitable nerf from people whining who never understand how to deal with a new god, he'll be a massively worse Anubis that no one will play. Anyone with a bit of sustain through lifesteal or ability healing will easily beat him 1v1 with proper positioning.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Play Raijin now while he's good, because nobody knows how to counter him because pubbies are loving awful at everything.

Crying over him having an escape, boo loving hoo, so do most gods. poo poo just chase him down with sprint or something. I'm not sure how he is in conquest.

He's a pain to fight in assault though, much like zeus is. I can see him carrying in that mode. Lets be honest though, you don't play assault to win.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
What's the best way to use Raijin's 2 anyway? I tried him in an Arena game this morning and I was clueless. I ended up leveling his 3 first since it's such a great escape.

I get that it does its damage upon the next attack, but should that be your 1/3? Or an auto-attack?

(Oh, the reason I am curious about how to play Raijin: I bought the god pack. :shepspends:)

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Brannock posted:

I play pretty much nothing but Arena and I can tell you he's trash in it. In a game such as Conquest he can be pretty strong since he's mostly just a pusher and can still delete gods there who aren't ahead.

Nucular Carmul posted:

Raijin will be fine with a little bit of tuning down the numbers. It's actually quite easy to beat him, he shits out damage like Anubis but trades the stun for mobility and a limited CC. The mez is great and all, but it's a hard crowd control that will DR a target, and it lasts less than a second because it gets broken with damage (which is immediately dealt right after being applied). Also if you can bait out Raiju and avoid him for a few seconds a HUGE part of his damage is negated. In fact I'd be willing to bet once he cops the inevitable nerf from people whining who never understand how to deal with a new god, he'll be a massively worse Anubis that no one will play. Anyone with a bit of sustain through lifesteal or ability healing will easily beat him 1v1 with proper positioning.
Also Sanctuary can easily negate his ultimate as well. If you can build it safely in conquest.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."
I've started trying to diversify my bull pen of gods "I know how to play" and guardians are the only class I can't seem to do that well with. I've been playing Athena but I'm really at a loss for what my game plan is supposed to be. I don't really play Conquest because the matches take too long for my liking and all the guides I see usually pertain to Conquest. I mostly play Arena and Clash modes and I read that Ares is OP for those modes but I find him super boring to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Electric Lady posted:

What's the best way to use Raijin's 2 anyway? I tried him in an Arena game this morning and I was clueless. I ended up leveling his 3 first since it's such a great escape.

I get that it does its damage upon the next attack, but should that be your 1/3? Or an auto-attack?

Doesn't really matter what you hit them with, any damage you do is gonna trigger the explosion and chain lightning thing. If you have Polynomicon use an autoattack and watch them lose half their hp in a second.

• Locked thread