Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Well it seems the closer we get to November the higher a likelihood of trump becoming the nominee and thus becoming the president is coming true.

Here's a guy that essentially is the world's biggest salesman, has no moral compass (other than media exposure), but is being held up as the embodiment of everything America hates about politics, media and billionaires. Ok great. Congratulations America now he's president. Will he actually know what to do? How does he handle foreign policy? Who does he nominate for the supreme court? Who does he surround himself with - conservative hawks? tree hugging liberals? Who knows?!

This thread is to somewhat seriously discuss if we're all mentally prepared to allow trump to be president and what the gently caress that actually means for america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Hail SS-18 Satan may his passage cleanse the Earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFNW3heSkq8

Feb 24, 2013

As a middle class cis white male, it wouldn't be so bad.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

This more accurately illustrates America after Bernie's tax plan forces domestic jobs to go overseas.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Immortan posted:

This more accurately illustrates America after Bernie's tax plan forces domestic jobs to go overseas.

lol "forces domestic jobs to go overseas" as if the donor class won't ship out every job possible whether we tax them 0 or 100 percent. Their greed cannot be tamed.

I predict a Trump presidency will result in tax cuts for the working and middle class stimulating the economy, an end to illegal labour driving down wages and conditions, improvements to America's crumbling infrastructure and an end to grossly unfair "free trade" deals that will help bring manufacturing jobs back.

It should be pretty great, actually. America will produce high quality products, and have a middle class capable of buying them once more. We will prosper together.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I'd say there's a... 10% chance dubya gets tried for war crimes. Honestly not great odds but probably the only path to it we have.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Nobody knows, probably not even Donald Trump.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
He would probably just hire friends of his that promise they'd do a good job, or the people his friends tell him would do a good job. Where "a good job" is "stuff that will make people pay attention to him and ideally like him, but at least look at him."

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/A7m6b1cyRyo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Ro0SZf438

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
A literally reality TV star that owns big business in charge of everything with the power to do whatever he likes for big business, that actually sulks when questioned or criticized like he's a pubescent MLP fanfic writer.

America will get everything it deserves, its just a shame it will gently caress the rest of us.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

I'd be really interested to see his relationship to the GOP. Do they legitimize him, treat him like the head of the party? Or does he snub them, fill his cabinet with, a outsiders, and mock leading Republicans if they don't go along with his agenda? How would Democrats try to exploit this?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
It looks like a Democratic domestic administration with Republican foreign policy: so, the LBJ administration.

platzapS posted:

I'd be really interested to see his relationship to the GOP. Do they legitimize him, treat him like the head of the party? Or does he snub them, fill his cabinet with, a outsiders, and mock leading Republicans if they don't go along with his agenda? How would Democrats try to exploit this?

I think he'd stack his cabinet with technocrats so that he can focus on his core policy initiatives: building a yooogeee wall, making mexico pay for it, and making America great again.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Like this but orange
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/hillary-clinton-secret-service/2015/10/03/id/694550/

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Claverjoe posted:

Nobody knows, probably not even Donald Trump.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Also, Supreme Court Justice Trump's Sister is a definite possibility.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Also, Supreme Court Justice Trump's Sister is a definite possibility.

Yeah, I think that Trump would initially throw up a conservative justice but if the Dems blocked them for long enough he might put up a wildcard like his sister, Trump is impatient and a loose cannon.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJcuAau2RKA

Feb 24, 2013

*trump takes off his wig*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXAugWfVb0E

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Vince McMahon for Press Secretary.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUhmgXeFkHM

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

1488 posted:

As a middle class cis white whale, it wouldn't be so bad.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

1488 posted:

As a middle class cis white male, it wouldn't be so bad.

More like sweet revenge

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ATsiNYDds

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

quote:

What does a Trump presidency look like?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
trump would be way worse than either of the democratic candidates but probably better than at least half of the repubs

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

trump would be way worse than either of the democratic candidates but probably better than at least half of the repubs

I dunno, I think Trump is the only candidate who could pass a meaningful economic stimulus while also ending free trade with Mexico.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Things probably wouldn't change all that much.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Omi-Polari posted:

Things probably wouldn't change all that much.

1. Trumpwall
2. Trumpcare
3. Justice Trump
4. Re-institution of protectionist economic policy through import tarriffs
5. An end to the cold war which Obama has so desperately attempted to re-start
6. A renegotiation of the Iran deal to reassure our Sunni allies and Israel that America stands firm against the regime which chants 'death to America' each week
7. An end to NAFTA

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

congress looks about the same so

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

oystertoadfish posted:

congress looks about the same so

I think Republicans in Congress care more about ending illegal immigration and building a wall than they oppose tarriffs on imported goods from China and Mexico.

How else do you think Mexico's gonna pay for the Trumpwall?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Republicans in congress only care about what their donors want.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I just want to know if he'd keep using twitter the same way he does now.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xjir3YSUA8

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
He likes to gamble. He'll keep pushing until he fails a roll, but by then you're land armies are in Asia and you're marching your troops on Moscow.

He won't take no for an answer, which is what you often have to do in politics.

He will do the "easy" solution every time, because he dosn't deal with problems very well. When the easy solution dosn't work, he'll sulk. The problem will become much much worse.

Eventually he'll make a off hand remark to bomb someone to solve his problems, and you swiftly end up as the 2nd post in this thread.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Terrible, but not as bad as literally anyone else he's sharing the stage with. The most offensive stuff will never make it past the legislature. I would be much more concerned with Cruz or Rubio than a Trump presidency tbh.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Ted Cruz would be the last President of the United States, because it wouldn't be a sovereign nation for much longer after he carpet-bombs the entire Middle East.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
It would probably end up looking pretty good and leave a bunch of republicans and democrats completely shitfaced.

• Locked thread