Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the chick with my birthday just stays in front of the computer desk constantly.

I... I don't want her to end up like me...!!!!

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I can't seem to find this. Guess I'll look for it again later, I have little gold left anyways.

I feel like it should be with the other stand-up board things (the couch icon, then 収納) but I'm guessing. I hope they didn't discontinue it, that'd be too cruel.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

I feel like it should be with the other stand-up board things (the couch icon, then 収納) but I'm guessing. I hope they didn't discontinue it, that'd be too cruel.

There are 2 boards - 1 white, 1 brown, but both look taller than the board shown in your image.

What's it do, anyways?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

There are 2 boards - 1 white, 1 brown, but both look taller than the board shown in your image.

What's it do, anyways?

Yeah, those are different.

It's like the three boxes you just bought, except instead of generating promotion items it generates trainer tickets.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah. Trainer tickets are only useful on Rs and over, yeah? Regular idols seem to have like 20 levels or something which seems really easy to reach.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ah. Trainer tickets are only useful on Rs and over, yeah? Regular idols seem to have like 20 levels or something which seems really easy to reach.

Pretty much, you can just feed your endless supply of normies to each other and the only other benefit is Veteran and Master trainers can increase your skill level, but normies don't have a skill either.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I really like all the features SS has, but everything is so sloooow. Loading screens to go from menu to menu, loading screens to buy every piece of furniture (and no option to buy multiple things at a time), brief downloads for every third action I do. Most individual things don't really take that long, but it adds up, and I'm used to the snappy responses of SIF. I love the room, but redesigning it takes longer than redesigning a room in Animal Crossing.

Heck, even Starlight Stage is quick compared to GF Note, IMO.

Also, Syoko is an excellent tier idol.

I kinda wish you could see the non-idolized 2D outfits when playing songs, though, instead of only when you inspect a card's stats.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Polsy posted:

Pretty much, you can just feed your endless supply of normies to each other and the only other benefit is Veteran and Master trainers can increase your skill level, but normies don't have a skill either.

Is there any reason to train your normies up to max level?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

Heck, even Starlight Stage is quick compared to GF Note, IMO.

Yeah, that's the primary reason I stopped playing it.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Is there any reason to train your normies up to max level?

Small score benefit if you're using them (particularly if you've only just started playing and they're all you have), but otherwise no

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mushrooms are something I will never love.

It's hosed up that the 3D version of mushroom rocker has her in a frilly blue dress and not rocker gear.

Making a really good case for 2D here, Bamco.

Only SSRs have unique outfits, if only to save on space and to make them just a tad bit more desirable.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

Small score benefit if you're using them (particularly if you've only just started playing and they're all you have), but otherwise no

This. In the long run, all you really need to do with them is idolize them to unlock the commu for that card, then you can practice that instance away whenever you want (unless you want to keep the girl around for your room, or to watch in an MV, or something).

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Polsy posted:

graybook posted:

This. In the long run, all you really need to do with them is idolize them to unlock the commu for that card, then you can practice that instance away whenever you want (unless you want to keep the girl around for your room, or to watch in an MV, or something).

Cool, thanks. I assume the same applies to Rs, too? Other than the handful still on teams and the highest star rating for each color, of course.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Cool, thanks. I assume the same applies to Rs, too? Other than the handful still on teams and the highest star rating for each color, of course.

Pretty much. It doesn't take too long to get enough SRs for the teams you use for real, then yeah I just keep Rs around for their star rating or even potential star rating (or aesthetics). I might actually have to start selling some of them off, space is getting tight.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Didn't the LL Vita games do really badly. I was under the impression that they were considered a failure.

Didn't each game have only like, 12 songs?

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
You can use R cards to increase your skill % chance when training. Even if they have already hit max level.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
How long is there between events in English SIF?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Didn't each game have only like, 12 songs?

Alright, I've just checked and it's 8 shared songs and 4 unique per game, that's really bad for making people want to buy more than one of them. At least Shiny Festa is 6 shared 14 unique each.

e: also just found out they're killing the Shiny Festa (free) DLC service and also dropping support for it in a month from now, but they've also reduced the apps to $3.99 each, so if you ever wanted them you should do it now and get all the DLC asap

Polsy fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 16, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

boom boom boom posted:

How long is there between events in English SIF?

IIRC it's usually like a five-day downtime?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
There was dlc for shiny festa? I thought it was just the three games/ 3 apps, and then that ps3 channel thing, which I thought was already dead.

Also, I really need to get rid of some Rs (and the handful of N's I've kept around because they look nice). I can't even roll 10 anymore :v:

Still have a few of the original N's to idolize, too.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

There was dlc for shiny festa? I thought it was just the three games/ 3 apps, and then that ps3 channel thing, which I thought was already dead.

It's DLC in the purely literal sense - it was released the same time as the games and has always been free - it was just to get around the maximum iOS app size of 2GB, since they actually consume ~3.5GB each after downloading all the songs.

Yeah, the PS3 channel is just a launcher for Shiny TV, the digital versions of the Gravure 4 You "games" and the digital version of One For All nowadays, and I'd guess One For All can be launched separately anyway since it's a full game. I think they wanted it to be some kind of im@s hub but they never really did anything compelling with it.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

trainer tickets at the silver level and above have a chance to increase your rare and up cards skills. You can use more trainers at once to increase the chance, but only get 1 skill up out of multiple cards, or you could use 1 trainer card at a time, at a lower percentage, but with a chance to upgrade the skill many times.

Also, crap i didn't know SS had a bonus for 10 pulls.. I would have been saving gems if I knew that. Guess I should have google translated that whole window.

I'm wondering what I should spend my event tokens on. I got 1028 of em, but i also already got all of the cards from the event. I could get another Tomoe for support team or something. Or 250 star gems. Advice?

I think i understand most of Starlight stage now, besides skills, since the translations that the Google Translate app does don't make sense to me.

Like here's one, what does "Between the moment at medium probability every six seconds, the GREAT / NICE to PERFECT," mean?? Does it mean that if the skill triggers, that during the time it's active any great/nice hits I do turn into perfect ones?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Skwee posted:

I'm wondering what I should spend my event tokens on. I got 1028 of em, but i also already got all of the cards from the event. I could get another Tomoe for support team or something. Or 250 star gems. Advice?

I'd personally just spend them all on star jewels, maybe unless you're a big Tomoe fan particularly, you'll probably get a roughly equivalent card sooner or later anyway.

Skwee posted:

Like here's one, what does "Between the moment at medium probability every six seconds, the GREAT / NICE to PERFECT," mean?? Does it mean that if the skill triggers, that during the time it's active any great/nice hits I do turn into perfect ones?

Yes.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The first part is activation time in seconds and probability, all skills use that format.

「number」回 is healing by that value per perfect,
comboボーナス is an increase to the value you get from having a combo, I think.
PERFECTのスコア[percent] is an increase in the value for a perfect
NICEでもCOMBO is a combo-keeper, so a nice won't break your combo.
ライフが… prevents your life from going down
The GREAT/NICE one does as you say. When that one activates, there's even a little rectangle that pops up under the PERFECT, which is slightly distracting, but kinda nice, so you know you hosed up.

I think that's more or less all the skills.

Polsy posted:

It's DLC in the purely literal sense - it was released the same time as the games and has always been free - it was just to get around the maximum iOS app size of 2GB, since they actually consume ~3.5GB each after downloading all the songs.

Yeah, the PS3 channel is just a launcher for Shiny TV, the digital versions of the Gravure 4 You "games" and the digital version of One For All nowadays, and I'd guess One For All can be launched separately anyway since it's a full game. I think they wanted it to be some kind of im@s hub but they never really did anything compelling with it.

Good god that's huge. They expected people to pay 130$ and use 12GB on a goddamn phone for those?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Zenostein posted:

The first part is activation time in seconds and probability, all skills use that format.

「number」回 is healing by that value per perfect,
comboボーナス is an increase to the value you get from having a combo, I think.
PERFECTのスコア[percent] is an increase in the value for a perfect
NICEでもCOMBO is a combo-keeper, so a nice won't break your combo.
ライフが… prevents your life from going down
The GREAT/NICE one does as you say. When that one activates, there's even a little rectangle that pops up under the PERFECT, which is slightly distracting, but kinda nice, so you know you hosed up.

I think that's more or less all the skills.

Cool, thanks.

For the center skills do they all just increase same-type card's abilities by a percentage?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Mostly, but there are some that increase life, and ones that increase skill activation rates, too.

Kinda a shame you can only get 250 gems from the trade shop, although that does more or less equal out to the gems you'd get from the story in a token event.

:v: good thing every other week they seem to have a commercial out, so there's more gems!

I wonder if they're ever gonna roll out another solo ver. song. It's a neat little feature.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Zenostein posted:

Mostly, but there are some that increase life, and ones that increase skill activation rates, too.

Kinda a shame you can only get 250 gems from the trade shop, although that does more or less equal out to the gems you'd get from the story in a token event.

:v: good thing every other week they seem to have a commercial out, so there's more gems!

I wonder if they're ever gonna roll out another solo ver. song. It's a neat little feature.

Commercial gems? Do those get posted in here

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
That's just referring to the giveaways that last like 12-14 days where you get like 50 gems each day (except for the first day when you tend to get 250).

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Good god that's huge. They expected people to pay 130$ and use 12GB on a goddamn phone for those?

Funnily enough the full set of music videos is only about 4.3GB, I'm not sure the duplication on the shared songs can entirely explain that away. There aren't even that many additional voice clips.

Meawhile, looks like Girl Friend Note is already beating the f2p competition even despite the fact it downloads stuff constantly and seems to have significantly less content.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
man, i tried to play with 4 fingers instead of just my index fingers and i did super terrible.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Didn't the LL Vita games do really badly. I was under the impression that they were considered a failure.

School Idol Paradise was textbook shovelware, and it got the reception it deserved.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ha ha ha, what I found on the YT video for the final single video.

Twitterで見たやつ思い出した↓
SUNNY(3 2)DAY Song
僕達はひとつ(1)の光
MOMENT RING (輪→0)
そして…
Step! ZERO to ONE(0→1)

Sunny (San, Ni -> 3, 2)
BokuHika (Hitotsu -> 1)
I dunno what the Moment Ring thing is but I guess it goes to 0.
And then back to 1 with Of Course.

Magnificent!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Ha ha ha, what I found on the YT video for the final single video.

Twitterで見たやつ思い出した↓
SUNNY(3 2)DAY Song
僕達はひとつ(1)の光
MOMENT RING (輪→0)
そして…
Step! ZERO to ONE(0→1)

Sunny (San, Ni -> 3, 2)
BokuHika (Hitotsu -> 1)
I dunno what the Moment Ring thing is but I guess it goes to 0.
And then back to 1 with Of Course.

Magnificent!

A ring is circular, like a 0

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

A ring is circular, like a 0

Oh.

I thought it was like the verb. Ring a bell, ring the moment, etc.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Daxing Dan posted:

School Idol Paradise was textbook shovelware, and it got the reception it deserved.

too bad the same could not be said of the series at large

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

too bad the same could not be said of the series at large

Today I become the Korean who killed a fellow Korean.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
판다를 팬다.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Daxing Dan posted:

At least the games produced the Cutie Panther dance and it was performed at the 4th Live. So some good came out of them. The VAs getting launched into the air and onto the stage for the intro is pretty impressive. And they manage to stick the landing in high heels too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man I wish I could see the lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Today I become the Korean who killed a fellow Korean.

let me describe my emotions irt love livers with this image:

Only registered members can see post attachments!