Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

you poor, poor bastard
I do not trust A1 pictures with poo poo. So by saying GATE's good means I'm only hating myself for being a hypocrite again. Which I do.

I will watch great anime come April. And 1up Liam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
ERASED is pretty good. You should watch ERASED.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
erased is the best story about a 28-year old dating a 10-year old ever

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Working is good, Erased is good, Anohana is good, Servant x Service is good, I hear Space Bros is good, I haven't seen the Silver Spoon anime but it's probably good

their catalog as a whole kinda sucks but they're capable of high quality products, and Gate is not one of them, you should not support literal trash like gate or say that it's "one of the only good shows of the season" grouchio, that is just nonsense

Dias posted:

don't worry, the 28-year-old only LOOKS 10-years-old. REALLY!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dias posted:

And that right there's the problem. If the plot's time-traveling to date a loli, that's not quite enough a premise to sell me. Also what Invictus said.

Sometimes on the contrary to it being normal to post as I think/react, I really need to shut up.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 17, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Grouchio posted:

And that right there's the problem. If the plot's time-traveling to date a loli, that's not quite enough a premise to sell me. Also what Invictus said.

Don't worry, that's a joke. The high-concept pitch is "Loser framed for murder travels back in time 18 freakin' years by accident to fix it". It's a murder-mystery/time-travel plot, so lots of cliffhangers and twists. Also, the "dating" is very endearing and not at all creepy, thus the joke.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You should, uh, probably not take that seriously

Erased is a supernatural murder mystery wherein the protagonist has Life Is Strange-esque time powers that he can't control and winds up back when he's 10 years old, before the serial killer has murdered a bunch of kids, and tries to set out to stop it all from happening

It's Life Is Strange meets Early Edition but it's way, way better than either of those two

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Grouchio posted:

Sometimes on the contrary to it being normal to post as I think/react, I really need to shut up.

Don't worry. The joke is bad for this reason, and it's not your fault.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sure sounds creepy

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Strange Quark posted:

Don't worry. The joke is bad for this reason, and it's not your fault.

that poo poo is high-quality anime forum shitposting don't be like this

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I looked at Matt's twitter and he changed his name to Matt mcmagfest. Guess he's excited.

Real talk Matt if your reading this thread I'm heading to magfest and the thing I'm looking forward to most is seeing you guys live. I'll be the dork dressed up as dmc3 dante.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Monaghan posted:

I looked at Matt's twitter and he changed his name to Matt mcmagfest. Guess he's excited.

Real talk Matt if your reading this thread I'm heading to magfest and the thing I'm looking forward to most is seeing you guys live. I'll be the dork dressed up as dmc3 dante.

That's the best Dante. Although DMC4 is pretty strong with the chaps.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
I didn't think I liked the Super Best Friends. Turns out I probably do like them because I've watched a bunch of their shitstorm videos without knowing it was them. I enjoyed the banter and I like that they are willing to use editing.

I decided to give their Deadly Premonition LP a try and was wondering why Green Greens is used for the intro music?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They use that for most videos, though nowadays they'll try to commission a short animation/title card using music from the game they're playing, though if there isn't really a memorable track (or they plain forget to get on that poo poo) they'll just photoshop a title card and fallback to Green Greens.

Also it turns out poo poo got hosed up and the schedule will be all sorts of messed up 'till sometime after MAGfest.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Brutakas posted:

I didn't think I liked the Super Best Friends. Turns out I probably do like them because I've watched a bunch of their shitstorm videos without knowing it was them. I enjoyed the banter and I like that they are willing to use editing.

I decided to give their Deadly Premonition LP a try and was wondering why Green Greens is used for the intro music?

They used it as the intro music for every video back in the day, and it is still the sort of 'default' SBFP theme. The reason it's specifically Green Greens is the noble ship SSZaibatsu all started with a single video of Kriby's Epic Yarn, so the first video naturally had it, and it just stuck.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Brutakas posted:

The first video they did was Kirby's Epic Yarn so they used the appropriate music and they used it again for a silent hill video as a funny contrast and then it just kind of stuck

also check out the RE4 playthrough if you want fun banter

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Or ride to hell retribution

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
DEF JAM

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Brutakas posted:

I always remember someone in the early days of this thread recounting a friend of theirs getting on board with the Zaibatsu and saying "these guys are video games." Their legit excitement about cool and/or super dumb stuff is just so endearing.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
uh guys c'mon . The obvious answer is Metal Wolf.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Brutakas posted:

It just feels genuine. Like sure, they might be more excitable when recording than they are otherwise, but it doesn't feel like a bunch of fake personalities commenting from a sheet of subjects.

Ride to Hell is amazing, as is Until Dawn and Metal Wolf Chaos. There are few low points but Dangan Ronpa is generally considered not great. Afro Samurai 2 is great and awful at the same time. Bloodborne is good too, especially the DLC episodes.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

For those who missed it:

TBFP Facebook posted:

Hey folks, over the past few days, more than the usual number of videos have decided to just poo poo all over themselves on a technical level, so there's been a few missing spots in the past few days (including tonight) and there'll be a few more throughout the week. Really sorry guys, working as hard as we can. The timing with Magfest isn't great either. It'll be back to normal as soon as we can manage. Sorry guys.

https://www.facebook.com/tbfprulz/posts/1131357373544060

Bummer news, and I hope it gets straightened out asap! Enjoy MAGFest.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The new vessel video.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Visidan posted:

The new vessel video.

I can't believe they're doing it.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm interested to see how people who never play NBA 2k play when it's designed to be really bad if you don't know how to play.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://store.steampowered.com/app/429570/

HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They've handled Barkley Shut Up And Jam Gaiden, they probably know the basics that carry over.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So KoF14 is looking better and better.

New Terry design is good, New Tizoc KING OF ALL DINOSAURS is loving dope. Benimaru and King look rad as always.

Maybe...maybe KoF can save fighting games.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

RareAcumen posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/429570/

HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO!

New superbestfriends LP announced

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

New Terry design is good, New Tizoc KING OF ALL DINOSAURS is loving dope. Benimaru and King look rad as always.

Well I guess it's better to look average than embarrassing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

cmykjester posted:

Well I guess it's better to look average than embarrassing.

So it's going to be poo poo by Matt's logic?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dhalsim's story mode is surprising good and adorable. Despite how short it is.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FauxGateau posted:

Dhalsim's story mode is surprising good and adorable. Despite how short it is.

Isn't that like all of them? I heard the max any story got was like 4 battles?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
FANG only getting 2 fights is worse than the new MK Kharacters not getting a story chapter.

Also Yoga Hosers is the worst possible title for a film and Kevin Smith is vastly overrated.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Liam and Woolie will destroy Pat in this 2k16 run

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Foxhound posted:

It just feels genuine. Like sure, they might be more excitable when recording than they are otherwise, but it doesn't feel like a bunch of fake personalities commenting from a sheet of subjects.

Ride to Hell is amazing, as is Until Dawn and Metal Wolf Chaos. There are few low points but Dangan Ronpa is generally considered not great. Afro Samurai 2 is great and awful at the same time. Bloodborne is good too, especially the DLC episodes.

All good suggestions, but Ride to Hell is the only LP so far that was so funny I had to watch it twice.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kimmalah posted:

All good suggestions, but Ride to Hell is the only LP so far that was so funny I had to watch it twice.

Prison Break

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah, Terry is my favorite so I was worried after seeing Andy but his model isn't bad. Benimaru is probably the best looking character on the cast so far and they totally didn't gently caress up Robert Garcia either.

I'd have preferred sprites but as long as it plays well and releases with more than gimped online and gimped survival mode i'll be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Nash isn't voiced by Steve Bloom!

How are they so bad at this?!