Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

rabidsquid posted:

If you can land cocoon I don't think your ADC needs to be particularly skilled to kill somebody who is stunned.

taric for best support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sperglord Firecock posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF7vpS4n2Ko

tank karma...... is good

not me, a friend of mine

This looks fun and good.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
It is. I tried it and I have no idea how it worked but I managed to survive Ekko punching me at 10% health.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
God gently caress Fiora forever. Completely unbeatable in lane as a melee unless you're also a lane bully or you get jungle help the entire game.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Mystery Prize posted:

God gently caress Fiora forever. Completely unbeatable in lane as a melee unless you're also a lane bully or you get jungle help the entire game.
Pantheon/Tryndamere/Trundle do really well against her and Poppy is a skill matchup, who are you trying to play against her?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Jax, Irelia and Trynd. I got loving destroyed every game, sit under my tower and farm while she zones me kind of thing.

Jax especially; his E is completely useless against her in lane phase, because it's a free riposte every time and there is nothing I can do about it.

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 17, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Mystery Prize posted:

Jax, Irelia and Trynd. I got loving destroyed every game, sit under my tower and farm while she zones me kind of thing.

Jax and Irelia have a godawful early game so that makes sense, especially when 1-11 their trading is absolutely anemic. Jax in particular gets ultra hosed because his stun is an absolute liability vs. Fiora since it's 100% easy to predict and riposte.

Trynd, if you play him right, should have a pretty easy time against her. He gets to basically ignore her ultimate when he hits R and should win the damage/sustain race if you all in. If you are losing you are getting ganked or getting outplayed too hard. (hint: position in such a way that it is impossible for fiora to proc all 4 vitals for her big rear end ultimate heal)

Quinn absolutely loving dumpsters Fiora so try playing her into Fiora. Nothing makes me saltier than a competent Quinn when I pick Fiora.

Don't pick champions with bad early games if you don't want to get zoned.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also Karma does pretty well against Fiora since you can just E if she engages and WRQ her face.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 17, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

irelia/jax vs fiora were cool skill matchups for awhile but the common fiora build has changed a lot and irelia/jax's common build just got nerfed a bunch along with jax getting nerfed so i would imagine they feel very fiora favored now unless you play jax or irelia a lot

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Speaking of the boring lane, somehow Nautilus is #4 in Top Lane win rate (#3 if you ignore the 0.75% play rate Rammus top). What happened up there? Why has his win rate increased in the last three patches in a row?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
He's strong

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

henkman posted:

He's strong
+ everyone else got nerfed, either directly or via item builds

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
nautilus ultimate is one of the most insanely dominant skills in the game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Nautilus is honestly one of the most satisfying champs to play in league right now. He should be a shining example riot strives for with all their "endgame fantasy" things.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Whipping around an anchor at people and having literally all of the CC is a pretty great endgame fantasy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Anyone else feel that having an adc is starting to be not worth it? Might as well just put a mage in botlane.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Anyone else feel that having an adc is starting to be not worth it? Might as well just put a mage in botlane.
You still need to kill towers and Triple AD comps are really strong right now??

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Don't a lot of games these days have more than one marksman running around? Idk why you would get the feeling you don't need someone who can chew turrets like an adc can

e;:argh:

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
i played yi and did poorly today.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

SaberToothedPie posted:

i played yi and did poorly today.

Good, you got what you deserved.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

yes, during season 5. not so much any more.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Fat Karma is cool but I probably shouldnt play her tired

What runes do you use keeby? That guy has a full armor/mr/CDR page and that seems excessive

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Darth Windu posted:

Fat Karma is cool but I probably shouldnt play her tired

What runes do you use keeby? That guy has a full armor/mr/CDR page and that seems excessive

I can't imagine not using Mpen reds as Karma. Regardless of how one builds her, she's still Early Game Bullying: The Champion, and Mpen reds are just the most efficient way to use that slot..

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Nerfing Runic Echoes' move-speed by 3% is a good call. The nerfs to Udyr won't make him any less good (depending on how much they hurt early level bases).

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Mikujin posted:

Nerfing Runic Echoes' move-speed by 3% is a good call. The nerfs to Udyr won't make him any less good (depending on how much they hurt early level bases).

Looks like 5 points of shield and damage per rank of turtle/phoenix respectively--doesn't seem like that significant of a deal on either end

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Sometimes I think this anchor just weighs me down :v:

I got to level 30, finished my placements, and was humbled by my Bronze 1 placement. I have since lost 5 straight and am Bronze 2 now. I'm not sweatin' it because I get to work on being a better league player and tracking progress is fun, but oh man I finally am learning what people were talking about when they said moba communities are full of lovely people.

Every game I mute the enemy team and get ready to mute my teammates. Also I learned after two games not to say anything ever.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Is there a particular reason people always max Q first on Olaf? Whenever I play I always max his E first and walk all over the enemy top lane. Hell I usually max it last. I just get one point in it for the slow. I did get placed in Bronze 3 this season so that might be a factor.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Max q first is if you've got a bad lane and want to still get gold as I understand it. If you want to walk all over the enemy max e first yes but then max q second because more damage and more slow is stronger than the extra points in w I think?

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Mystery Prize posted:

I do well with Garen vs her.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
My most recent game had our Fiora vs Shen, and it turns out that Shen has this thing called an "Ultimate Ability," so as the jungler,

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I don't get it

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Oh and I don't think I've ever actually stopped a skill with W on fiora. idk what else there is really.

if the skill isn't on cooldown they'll usually use as soon as you initiate the fight, so i usually lunge at them -> auto-attack -> W, and that gets them 70% of the time. you'll get used to it with more practice. also i hate playing against garen and poppy kinda, the rest are doable

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I found the most amazing life hack for LoL, /mute all at the beginning of every game. It owns a lot

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I found the most amazing life hack for LoL, /mute all at the beginning of every game. It owns a lot

Vouch.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Isn't Devourer better on Udyr anyway? Who is Mana Echoes being nerfed for?

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

Isn't Devourer better on Udyr anyway? Who is Mana Echoes being nerfed for?

Udyr, every jungler that could feasibly take it (anyone that benefits even slightly from AP).

Devo is cool if you're an attack speed jungler and hate THE MOST VALUABLE STAT IN THE GAME (because it has AP tied to it), but 10% MS is gross enough that a lot of builds turned into it + swifties, sometimes even adding DMP.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

exethan posted:

I don't get it

*fiora thoughts* I am ahead in CS, I am winning this lane

*shen thoughts* I press R and my team gets four kills, a tower, and a dragon

*fiora thoughts* I am alone in this lane, dunno why my team keeps feeding

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Is there a particular reason people always max Q first on Olaf? Whenever I play I always max his E first and walk all over the enemy top lane. Hell I usually max it last. I just get one point in it for the slow. I did get placed in Bronze 3 this season so that might be a factor.

i will continually state that people that are playing olaf in lane are doing it completely wrong

olaf jungle is hilariously dominant and he can out-duel just about anyone that tries counterjungling him because no one expects the traincrash of damage that E brings all at once, and the fact that he can proc it multiple times in a fight

in addition, you get a massive amount of time during which CC simply isn't an issue, so you can walk all over the opponents and it doesn't matter what they do, you're picking up at least ONE kill, maybe two

edit: also take ghost on him, due to the fact that ghost + his ult + speed boots will make him go ridiculously fast and be in an opponent's face before they can do anything about it

fishception fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 18, 2016

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

kingcobweb posted:

hey man, i know what that fiora is feeling, why is her team feeding so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Olaf is sick in top lane if you want to counter some stupid garbage like shen. Unfortunately, compared to other toplaners, he's not very good at anything other than dueling and split pushing.

kingcobweb posted:

true

• Locked thread