Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Welcome to the LGBT community, where the T doesn't matter and the B is made up!

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

TinTower posted:

:females: should be an emote if it isn't already

I actually had a guy, trying to convey that he'd seen my assistant manager, say he'd seen a female in my shop yesterday.

It really does sound weird and jarring.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

TinTower posted:

There's an old Chrome extension called Ferenginizer that would make a pretty good emote.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

I know this is a few pages back but the LGBT communities are, by large, only catering to white cis gay men or gold star lesbian types. Almost any sexual minority outside of either gay or lesbian get ignored, shunned or told that they don't belong (like bisexuals, holy poo poo does everyone randomly hate bisexuals). Hell, even Pride Toronto has decided that Black Lives Matter should be leading the Pride parade this year because apparently police brutality against minorities has more in common with LGBT than not having financial sponsors that have super anti-trans policies.

I feel like a lot of the anti-T sentiment comes from the old guard who was so scared of Trans people loving up their movement because it was going "too far". A lot of the younger people I know are fine with trans. I can't speak to Bi but I don't have that personal experience.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

TinTower posted:

:bahgawd:, but with a befedora'd neckbeard instead. Someone make it happen.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

"She sluts out in front of your nose with ultra skintight leggins showing two kilograms and an half of pussy"

"If you look at her she calls you a disgusting maniac and a pervert."

e: you don't write kilograms that way in Italian, btw

paradoxGentleman has a new favorite as of 20:14 on Feb 17, 2016

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

paradoxGentleman posted:

"She sluts out in front of your nose with ultra skintight leggins showing two kilograms and an half of pussy"

I remember back in high school a friend of mine did a report on how contraceptives are effecting our water supply. I did some research and learned that it was in fact true. Basically what happens is contraceptives such as pills and rings increase a women's estrogen by a good amount. This is then excreted when they piss. As it goes into the waste treatment plants the bacteria there are only targeting things that are found in waste such as e coli and the other things associated with those bodily functions. The estrogen passes through basically untouched and gets "recycled" into the drinking water supply through the environment. We then consume that water and the estrogen in it, lowering our testosterone. Notice how 50-60 years ago there were a lot less "pussy" men around, yet now you can find one just about everywhere you look? This could well be the reason. Maybe I am going off the deep end but I thought this might fit well here.

Lessons Learned

Women want to sleep around without consequences and men still get shafted for it because science.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

RagnarokAngel posted:

I feel like a lot of the anti-T sentiment comes from the old guard who was so scared of Trans people loving up their movement because it was going "too far". A lot of the younger people I know are fine with trans. I can't speak to Bi but I don't have that personal experience.

You'd say that but there are a lot of youngish transphobic feminists. :smith:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I remember back in high school a friend of mine did a report on how contraceptives are effecting our water supply. I did some research and learned that it was in fact true. Basically what happens is contraceptives such as pills and rings increase a women's estrogen by a good amount. This is then excreted when they piss. As it goes into the waste treatment plants the bacteria there are only targeting things that are found in waste such as e coli and the other things associated with those bodily functions. The estrogen passes through basically untouched and gets "recycled" into the drinking water supply through the environment. We then consume that water and the estrogen in it, lowering our testosterone. Notice how 50-60 years ago there were a lot less "pussy" men around, yet now you can find one just about everywhere you look? This could well be the reason. Maybe I am going off the deep end but I thought this might fit well here.

Lessons Learned

Women want to sleep around without consequences and men still get shafted for it because science.

First: :stare:

Second: One of the comments from this is :stare::stare:

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
Re: Smurfchat, didn't the author grow up in Nazi-occupied Belgium? That would explain a lot of the weird stuff.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Maker Of Shoes posted:

And by "worried" he means furiously jacking off.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Maker Of Shoes posted:

IOSM: im drinking some sluts piss

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

RagnarokAngel posted:

From personal experience I've found gay men to be more biphobic than any other major demographic.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

From personal experience I've found gay men to be more biphobic than any other major demographic.

Why is that? Fear of transitive vagina cooties?

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

nerd plus rage posted:

Re: Smurfchat, didn't the author grow up in Nazi-occupied Belgium? That would explain a lot of the weird stuff.

I think he also idolized the whole monastery set up where all the monks lived in brotherly love, which is why there weren't any female smurfs until he was forced to write one into the story...who ends up being basically an Eve metaphor who tries to destroy their amazing bro lifestyle (no homo).

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Probably. Not once have I been turned down by a woman because of my sexuality (at least, they've never explicitly stated that's the reason they won't date me), and have had sever gay dudes say that. Even in casual conversation I've overheard a few guys just say they'd never go out with a bi man like its no big deal.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Who What Now posted:

The only close to reasonable explanation I have heard is that bisexuals existence supports the idea that being gay is a choice. Along the lines of 'a Bisexual can choose to be straight, why can't you?"

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

RFC2324 posted:

The only close to reasonable explanation I have heard is that bisexuals existence supports the idea that being gay is a choice. Along the lines of 'a Bisexual can choose to be straight, why can't you?"

If that's the most reasonable explanation for someone to be biphobic they're still massive assholes.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
I always assumed hatred of bisexuality boiled down to insecurity by way of jealousy (they can date men and women, and I can only date _______, therefore I have twice as much competition/they don't need me)

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

china bot posted:

I always assumed hatred of bisexuality boiled down to insecurity by way of jealousy (they can date men and women, and I can only date _______, therefore I have twice as much competition/they don't need me)

That is a thing for sure, I just find it very odd that gay men are far more biphobic (from my experience). You'd think that with them having to deal with people making GBS threads on them for their lifestyle, they'd be a little more accepting of other people. :shrug:

Slime posted:

A confident person would see this as "They can date men and women, therefore I had twice as much competition...and he wants me. I must be pretty awesome."

Exactly!

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 22:08 on Feb 17, 2016

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

china bot posted:

A confident person would see this as "They can date men and women, therefore I had twice as much competition...and he wants me. I must be pretty awesome."

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Scathach posted:

If that's the most reasonable explanation for someone to be biphobic they're still massive assholes.

I didn't say they weren't, just that its the only thing that fits into anything resembling a framework of rationality.

Rational reasons can be assholish, and being rational or reasonable doesn't make them GOOD.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

paradoxGentleman posted:

Bigots and poor language skills seem to be universal. :shrug:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

Also I've turned down by guys because they say it's easier to hide that I like the same sex. I understand where they come from but it doesn't suck any less.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I have a facebook acquaintance--she dated a friend of mine for a year--who seems pretty harmless. Her facebook feed is mostly just 4 or 5 of those "OMG I NEED COFFEE" or "I can't live without wine, tee-hee!" or "OMG you guys I'm like so sarcastic and I hate everyone, jk you're cool!"or "I'm going to murder every one of my coworkers today, but it's okay because I am putting it in someecard format!" per day. It's mostly just annoying, but then we got treated to this bit of TMI today.

Um, okay? Thanks for letting us know, I guess?

Honestly, her feed is so negative with some of these "jokes" kind of make me a little more positive, because it makes me realize that when I'm grumpy I get really close to sounding just like these memes.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

paradoxGentleman posted:

Two and a half kilograms of pussy? Sounds a bit ::btroll:: amirite?

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

I think the negative attitude gay man have against bi guys is mostly a form of resentment. The reasoning being that a bi guy might like a bit of cock right now, but in the end he will settle for a woman and start a happy family that's fully accepted by society.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Such Fun posted:

I think the negative attitude gay man have against bi guys is mostly a form of resentment. The reasoning being that a bi guy might like a bit of cock right now, but in the end he will settle for a woman and start a happy family that's fully accepted by society.

I've heard discussion of this sentiment (not its promotion mind you, just its discussion) from lesbian and bisexual women, too - an anxiety that the 'bisexual woman' is just a kind of sexual tourist, having her 'college fling' or 'experimentation' or whatever which will ultimately result in abandonment.

I mentioned it to the thread once in a similar discussion and people in the thread got mad at me :(

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Mr E posted:

Also I've turned down by guys because they say it's easier to hide that I like the same sex. I understand where they come from but it doesn't suck any less.

See that drives me nuts, because I feel like favoring one hardship over another is stupid. But then, I'm a girl and apparently lesbians are a lot less biphobic so I haven't really had to deal with that and I guess with the new crop of people seeing themselves as bisexual/pansexual things are getting a bit friendlier. For a group of people saying "you can't choose who you fall in love with" it sure seems like a lot of them are telling us that we're choosing who to fall in love with...

Anyway, content! A new Facebook thing making the rounds.

quote:

A friend of ours, the wife of a pastor at a church in Colorado, had once told me about something her daughter, Hannah, said when she was three years old. After the morning service was over one Sunday, Hannah tugged on her mom’s skirt and asked. “Mommy, why do some people in church have lights over their heads and some don’t?” At the time, I remember thinking two things: First, I would’ve knelt down and asked Hannah, “Did I have a light over my head? Please say yes!” I also wondered what Hannah had seen, and whether she had seen it because, like my son, she had a childlike faith.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 23:20 on Feb 17, 2016

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

nerd plus rage posted:

Re: Smurfchat

I had a stranger drunkenly explain to me one night at a bar when I was in college (get a bunch of young guys who don't know each other together and eventually they'll start talking about cartoons they watched as kids, it's a scientific fact) that the smurfs were totally communists, living happily together off the land and sharing everything together. No smurf used his skills or talents to rise above the others (e.g. Brainy didn't withhold solutions to problems from other smurfs, Handy didn't build all the cool poo poo for himself) and they all got along well.

Gargamel, with his huge nose and dark hair, was apparently supposed to represent the Jews, who covetously sought to convert the labor of the working smurfs into gold through deception and dark arts.

Actually I should make an image macro of this and put it on social media because I bet it'll get a bazillion shares

edit:

quote:

A friend of ours, the wife of a pastor at a church in Colorado, had once told me about something her daughter, Hannah, said when she was three years old. After the morning service was over one Sunday, Hannah tugged on her mom’s skirt and asked. “Mommy, why do some people in church have lights over their heads and some don’t?” At the time, I remember thinking two things: First, I would’ve knelt down and asked Hannah, “Did I have a light over my head? Please say yes!” I also wondered what Hannah had seen, and whether she had seen it because, like my son, she had a childlike faith.

kid's obviously a budding interior designer, wondering why the church had so few light fixtures

GOTTA STAY FAI has a new favorite as of 23:20 on Feb 17, 2016

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012
I've heard from lesbians and gay men that my bisexuality means I'm a slut, which is a pretty common stereotype about bisexual people.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Scathach posted:

Anyway, content! A new Facebook thing making the rounds.

I asked the same thing when I was a kid. Only my parents knew I was talking about the weird, glow thing behind Jesus' head in all the pictures and didn't think I was seeing actual angelic glow amongst the parishioners.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I had a stranger drunkenly explain to me one night at a bar when I was in college (get a bunch of young guys who don't know each other together and eventually they'll start talking about cartoons they watched as kids, it's a scientific fact) that the smurfs were totally communists, living happily together off the land and sharing everything together. No smurf used his skills or talents to rise above the others (e.g. Brainy didn't withhold solutions to problems from other smurfs, Handy didn't build all the cool poo poo for himself) and they all got along well.

Gargamel, with his huge nose and dark hair, was apparently supposed to represent the Jews, who covetously sought to convert the labor of the working smurfs into gold through deception and dark arts.

Actually I should make an image macro of this and put it on social media because I bet it'll get a bazillion shares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTWjPHfXnUE

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Patchouli Patrol posted:

As near as I can tell, this guy believes that high historic infant mortality rate was due to our ancestors giving birth to litters. Maybe he's looking for an explanation as to why his own grandmother had sixteen nipples.

This is a pretty stupid Facebook post, but the thing I hate the most about it is a goddamn joint Facebook account. I have only seen joint Facebook accounts with people over the age of 60. Imagine the kind of couple where anything you would say to one person is something both people need to know and have access to a record of. The kinds of young people in relationships like that must be extraordinarily jealous.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

One of the guys who works with my department has a joint account with his wife. He's like mid 20s. It's annoying because you can never tell who's actually making the post. Also I'm petty sure that's the most bitch thing a guy can do.

END OF AN ERROR has a new favorite as of 00:07 on Feb 18, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Anyone else sick to death of "Bernie Sanders' Dank Meme Stash"? I was able to hide shares from it, but not people liking it.

I like Bernie Sanders. I do not like peoples' political opinions being boiled down to meme form.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Welcome to the LGBT community, where the T doesn't matter and the B is made up!

Can confirm. Am both and don't actually exist.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Can confirm. Am both and don't actually exist.

Nor, apparently, do you matter.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Well yeah, but I already knew that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

CommonShore posted:

I've heard discussion of this sentiment (not its promotion mind you, just its discussion) from lesbian and bisexual women, too - an anxiety that the 'bisexual woman' is just a kind of sexual tourist, having her 'college fling' or 'experimentation' or whatever which will ultimately result in abandonment.

I mentioned it to the thread once in a similar discussion and people in the thread got mad at me :(

I have heard similar, including from Dan Savage. The notion that women are just more fluid in their sexuality and men must be hard wired to be attracted one gender or the other and is incapable of being both. They love to quote some study in which women exhibited physical sexual reactions to a broader set of stimuli (straight porn, gay porn, lesbian porn, animal porn) than men of any orientation did, and never happened to consider why that may be outside of "Women must just be bi and men are all or nothing."