Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Jeb! posted:

Guys, please. This is not leadership-- t-this is um, repugnant. I believe that children exist on this web site comedy forum.

Jeb, you sound pretty wee-wee'd off about this whole foul language thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I have to wonder if Jeb! will even stick around until Nevada, let alone Super Tuesday, if he gets 4th in SC and Rubio gets 2nd (as in, Rubio is clearly the stronger establishment candidate, no more neck-and-neck competition between the two of them).

He's got a lot of money, but still.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This is the best season of The Apprentice yet.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

TheTatteredKing posted:

What word do you prefer I use for "GOP primary voters" which is not a microcosm from the general electorate.

The general electorate as a whole are not going to care more that Trump donated money to Democrats than GOP primary voters do you idiot

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

The Saurus posted:

The general electorate as a whole are not going to care more that Trump donated money to Democrats than GOP primary voters do you idiot

No, but then again, the general electorate is not nearly as favorably disposed towards Trump as the GOP primary electorate is.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
It's interesting to see that Trump's major move towards policy forcing tech companies to turn over customer data in aid of the government surveillance state is one that will strengthen China, and a move encouraged by China. I guess it's good that he and they have some common end goals? It's too bad that he wants to weaken American companies to go through our data, though.

quote:

China is watching the dispute closely. Analysts say that the Chinese government does take cues from the United States when it comes to encryption regulations, and that it would most likely demand that multinational companies provide accommodations similar to those in the United States.

Last year, Beijing backed off several proposals that would have mandated that foreign firms provide encryption keys for devices sold in China after heavy pressure from foreign trade groups. Nonetheless, a Chinese antiterrorism law passed in December required foreign firms to hand over technical information and to aid with decryption when the police demand it in terrorism-related cases.

While it is still not clear how the law might be carried out, it is possible a push from American law enforcement agencies to unlock iPhones would embolden Beijing to demand the same. China would also most likely push to acquire any technology that would allow it to unlock iPhones. Just after Apple introduced tougher encryption standards in 2014, Apple users in China were targeted by an attack that sought to obtain login information from iCloud users.

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 17, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The Saurus posted:

That isn't what I'm talking about you moron I never mentioned donations. I'm talking about his contradicting platforms, which we already have on some issues like wages.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/KilloughCNN/status/699767068237897729

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

That ad is so well made and targeted that I wonder if it won't reverse the benefit of Haley's endorsement.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

drat, this ad is actually great.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Mega64 posted:

This is the best season of The Apprentice yet.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I hope when Jeb drops out Trump sits in his apprentice table , and goes YOURE FIRED!! And it's all on TV

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

I'm 77% sure Jeb! is taking that opportunity to shed a few tears.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Just play this on a loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j52rMfeg-Qs

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

agent_wildflower
Sep 7, 2011

FourLeaf posted:

I have to wonder if Jeb! will even stick around until Nevada, let alone Super Tuesday, if he gets 4th in SC and Rubio gets 2nd (as in, Rubio is clearly the stronger establishment candidate, no more neck-and-neck competition between the two of them).

He's got a lot of money, but still.

I don't think Jeb will drop out. I honestly think that's his game plan at this point, just outlast the others.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Goddamn that is brutal

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/700077350566780928

Cruzmentum
Trump should drop out
Is this Trouble for Trump?
What does this mean for Rubio?

There you go media I've done your work for you

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao who the gently caress is actually supporting ted cruz

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The Saurus posted:

:lol: Can you imagine a more hand-wringing, white-guilt, liberal apologist than the pussy who edited this?

So you're not a fan of the SPLC? My, I am very surprised.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

triple sulk posted:

Angry racist white people and loving idiots.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

cruz has zero qualms about shattering establishment goppers for even the slightest chance of coming out ahead. he has made a career of throwing people under the bus

Which would make him the perfect "legitimate" politician for Donald to approach before the election and use to keep the "establishment candidate" waters muddied for as long as possible.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
what's gonna happen when then trumpinator has eliminated his targets Cruz and Jeb and has to focus on Mario ...

Jeb is Yamcha , kasich is krillin , Cruz is vegeta and trump is cell and Prince reibus is goku yelling nows your chance at gohan Rubio but he's already asleep and trump has destroyed earth

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Suffolk/USA Today National Poll:

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Thats an amazing atack ad.

Perfect ending too.

Marco Rubio BERNED US! FEEL THE BERN!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

triple sulk posted:

Probably people that have never met, interacted or talked with him, ever.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So we have dueling national polls.

One Trump 35 Cruz 20, one Cruz 28 Trump 26. Same day. Both have Rubio at 17, though!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
It's probably an outlier, but that's the first national poll Trump has trailed in since early November. (At the height of the Carson surge)

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Oh Jeb...

quote:

Bush received unsolicited advice from three audience members in succession, each encouraging him to be tougher.

:sweatdrop:"Any questions?"

:colbert:"Yea, Governor Bush. Why are you such a puss?"

:sweatdrop:"Um... uh..."

:smuggo:"Seconded."

:)"Thirded!"

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Patter Song posted:

One Trump 35 Cruz 20, one Cruz 28 Trump 26. Same day. Both have Rubio at 17, though!

Well he does look 17 and sweats like a virgin on prom night

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo that's good.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

triple sulk posted:

My wife grew up in rural Alabama. Almost everyone on her Facebook from that area are die hard Cruz supporters.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Shageletic posted:

So you're not a fan of the SPLC? My, I am very surprised.

You should have said:

"Colour" me surprised :heh:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

triple sulk posted:

folks who are 100% bought into the persecuted christian meme

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

gently caress everything if Rubio somehow takes second

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!

Phlegmish posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress

Come on, if you're going to gerrymander, at least go for pretty borders.

That isn't even the worst of the lot when it comes to gerrymandering in the US, believe it or not.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Trump notes, Walterboro, SC, edition:
--Spokesman, on why he's supporting Trump: "The AR-15 is a wonderful gun for a young lady."
--The crowd, before Trump arrives: "Build the wall! Build the wall! Build the wall!"
--Trump: "The second amendment is under siege."
--The enemies of the 2nd amendment: Hillary Clinton and Michael Bloomberg(!)
--On Jeb polling at 1% in Nevada: "Why doesn't he just go home? Go home to mom. Go home to mommy!"
--On politicians: "Politicians are bad people. Boy!"
--A lot of trade/currency manipulation talk (to an organization of hunters)
--On Iraq/Iran relations: "Fight, fight, fight. Boom! And then they rest."
--On infrastructure: "I mean, our country is like a third-world country."
--On railroads: "They have railroad trains that go 50,000 miles an hour and we have things that go chug, chug, chug."
--On the ideal length of a speech: about 24 minutes, apparently

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Patter Song posted:

Hail. loving. Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/700077579232022530

:eyepop:

• Locked thread