Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Legin Noslen posted:

Wow, this looks a bit different than the original one they made.

I have one of those, which I won in some sort of contest ages ago. It's pretty small; the new one seems to be quite a bit bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Nah, when they say 10.2, they're definitely including the hat. Expect it to be about the same size. The quality of the build seems a little higher, but not $55 higher.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Gorn Myson posted:

I was going to get one, cause I love IX and Vivi is adorable, then I saw the price and thought nah.

Vivi is priceless.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Saoshyant posted:

Vivi is priceless.
I expect you could use the finances of Alexandria to prove what Vivi's cost is more simply than insurance companies do for humans in the real world.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Saoshyant posted:

Vivi is priceless.

And non-renewable!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Hm. Should I start Bravely Default over or continue from where I left off all those years ago?

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.

widespread posted:

Hm. Should I start Bravely Default over or continue from where I left off all those years ago?

If you're pre-chapter 5 keep going with the old save. Post chapter-5, I'd start over so you can get used to your jobs and abilities again. The difficulty ratchets up quick.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

widespread posted:

I don't have an opinion either way, but fwiw there is a cutscene viewer in the journal so you could just view certain important cutscenes before trying to dive back in where you left off, since it won't be hard to bounce back into the battle system.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Legin Noslen posted:

Wow, this looks a bit different than the original one they made.

it's HD

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

MTV Crib Death posted:

If you're pre-chapter 5 keep going with the old save. Post chapter-5, I'd start over so you can get used to your jobs and abilities again. The difficulty ratchets up quick.

Is Heinkel killing Owen before Chapter 5? Also, I only have three jobs anyway so I might as well stick to it.

Also, what's the best way to go about upgrading my new village? Shops in the immediate area and then pathways? Also I got a Nemesis, level 99.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
How is the iOS port of Tactics? I've been craving playing it, but don't feel like carrying around my old PSP for a single game.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

From what I've heard, WotL with no multiplayer but no slowdown, unchanged menus which is a bit iffy on a touchscreen, something about sharper sprites? But generally fine.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

AlphaKretin posted:

From what I've heard, WotL with no multiplayer but no slowdown, unchanged menus which is a bit iffy on a touchscreen, something about sharper sprites? But generally fine.

I've seen a lot of back and forth on how bad the slow down in War of the Lions impacts their enjoyment of the game, but I just started up a file recently on my vita and it's super rough. Really wanted to go hard on the game, but as soon as the first spell in the tutorial battle went off it soured me to it pretty bad. Put about three hours in and stopped.

Going to snag the PSX version and play through that one for a bit see if the slow down ends up being worth the extra content.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Well if we're talking PSX vs PSP, the only added content is a couple of cameo characters, two classes - one useless and one that requires The Most Grinding, multiplayer you'll have no one to play with, and a few added scenes, battles and items. (Which is admittedly more than I remembered when I started that sentence :shobon:) You also lose stealing the Genji Gear and the item dupe and scroll glitches, if such things are appealing to you.

Translation is of course a matter of preference I won't start another slap fight about.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

AlphaKretin posted:

Well if we're talking PSX vs PSP, the only added content is a couple of cameo characters, two classes - one useless and one that requires The Most Grinding, multiplayer you'll have no one to play with, and a few added scenes, battles and items. (Which is admittedly more than I remembered when I started that sentence :shobon:) You also lose stealing the Genji Gear and the item dupe and scroll glitches, if such things are appealing to you.

Translation is of course a matter of preference I won't start another slap fight about.

If Dark Knight isn't worth grinding over then all else is secondary. Already know the story and don't care much about the cameos. Did like the new translation over the old one from what I remember, but really it's only a few one liners between the two that matter in my opinion. What's the deal with Genji gear? Was it something about only being on bosses and not being able to steal from bosses or something? I can't remember, but I do remember seeing people talking about that.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
You can only steal Genji gear from bosses, who now have maintenance and can't be stolen from. I think it's still possible to get it in multiplayer, which doesn't exist on iOS and uh good luck with that on the PSP version.

You don't need it though so no big loss.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Well I mean I guess Dark Knight could be worth it but it's not necessary and it's quite the grind.

The deal with the Genji Gear is that a certain boss wears it, and in the Japanese version and hence WotL he had the chemist skill that prevents anything, including stealing, happening to your equipment. In the PSX US version it was either removed deliberately or by a bug.

Which reminds me of a difference I forgot; JP costs were lowered in the PSX version so it less grindy.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 18, 2016

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

AlphaKretin posted:

The menus aren't so bad. The worst thing interface-wise I've found is trying to select a particular tile that is partially obscured by another tile that's higher up and a sprite's head.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

OK so is Traveler actually any good or

GameFAQs posted:

Zalera
- Archer: None
- Black Mage: Steal, Poach
- Breaker: Traveler
- Monk: Traveler
- Uhlan: None
- White Mage: None
is Zalera useless to me?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Rasserfragging HOW ABOUT THAT FFXII

Onmi fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 18, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Onmi posted:

I've been drafting up the Personal Skills for Maiden of Darkness, got to give Can SOMETHING to do in between the heavy ASM of the Mag/Str split (the last major hurdle he has I believe)

Wrong thread, FE has "WHINE" now. :v:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

widespread posted:

Is Heinkel killing Owen before Chapter 5? Also, I only have three jobs anyway so I might as well stick to it.

Also, what's the best way to go about upgrading my new village? Shops in the immediate area and then pathways? Also I got a Nemesis, level 99.

Yeah there is like zero reasons to not just continue from where you left off.

Keep plugging away at paths while you build up shops, I just tried to keep all shop levels even and that seemed like a natural progression for items they unlocked. As long as you keep doing data updates for more villagers you'll have everything done by chapter 3 or 4.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
AGAIN! TWICE IN A ROW?!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Onmi posted:

Rasserfragging HOW ABOUT THAT FEXII
this probably isn't the place to talk about Fire Emblem XII either :v:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

ON TOPIC. When do we get our next bit of XV information?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Onmi posted:

Ugh they named and dated the release date announcement event in the stream that gave us the thread title but my google fu is weak.
E:

AlphaKretin posted:

OK so is Traveler actually any good or

is Zalera useless to me?
ahem

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Feb 18, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Ugh they named and dated the release date announcement event in the stream that gave us the thread title but my google fu is weak.
E:

ahem

It's gimmicky as gently caress

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Onmi posted:

Thanks, Zalera. :geno:
I found a thing http://www.finalfantasyxv.com/uncovered/us/

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Onmi posted:

They just said March.
No date, but I would expect near the end because of fiscal year things.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They just said March.
No date, but I would expect near the end because of fiscal year things.

the page i linked a post up posted:

Wed Mar 30 2016 7:00 PM PDT

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ahh, Lightning-sama, I have failed you.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah there is like zero reasons to not just continue from where you left off.

Keep plugging away at paths while you build up shops, I just tried to keep all shop levels even and that seemed like a natural progression for items they unlocked. As long as you keep doing data updates for more villagers you'll have everything done by chapter 3 or 4.

Ahh, alright. For some reason, I was left off at 20 villagers when I last checked. But yeah, I'll probably do data updates now since why not.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Onmi posted:

So at its worst it's a point blank melee aoe at 1x damage? Depending o the situation that's pretty good.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Sprite141 posted:

So at its worst it's a point blank melee aoe at 1x damage? Depending o the situation that's pretty good.

At 1x the number of steps since last used damage. So if you use it more than once in a round of combat due to, oh I dunno, setting it as a gambit like with any other attack in the game, you'll be doing single digits.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Hate to double post but the last one was ages ago and I have a question.

Getting ultimate equipment in FFXII IZJS seems to be a quagmire of stupid sidequests and obscure bullshit. Can anyone provide or point me to recommendations for good endgame equipment that I can get without tearing my hair out for a team of Monk/Uhlan/Black Mage/Archer/White Mage/Breaker?

E: And spells etc. I lucked into Scathe (though I'm didn't achieve anything else in the mines), so I don't need Flare I don't think, but I'm missing Holy and Waterga.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Feb 20, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Hate to double post but the last one was ages ago and I have a question.

Getting ultimate equipment in FFXII IZJS seems to be a quagmire of stupid sidequests and obscure bullshit. Can anyone provide or point me to recommendations for good endgame equipment that I can get without tearing my hair out for a team of Monk/Uhlan/Black Mage/Archer/White Mage/Breaker?

E: And spells etc. I lucked into Scathe (though I'm didn't achieve anything else in the mines), so I don't need Flare I don't think, but I'm missing Holy and Waterga.

Honestly I never had to hunt around for equipment much. Usually doing the hunts handled it. You have fought Gilgamesh haven't you? Because you can steal the Genji equipment from him.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

He (and the mobs in the mines) kicked my rear end, that's why I'm asking. :v: I've cleaned out the Necrohol with only Bravery and Faith to show for it (well and Chaos but y'know) and I really hope there's something I can do to improve my characters without diving back into the Great Crystal.

Although I forgot Pharos because when I asked people said "you'll lose Reddas do everything else first". Maybe I should just go ahead on that.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

He (and the mobs in the mines) kicked my rear end, that's why I'm asking. :v: I've cleaned out the Necrohol with only Bravery and Faith to show for it (well and Chaos but y'know) and I really hope there's something I can do to improve my characters without diving back into the Great Crystal.

Although I forgot Pharos because when I asked people said "you'll lose Reddas do everything else first". Maybe I should just go ahead on that.

No having Reddas around helps a bunch. Okay... Let me see where you are in the game and I'll try to point you to good items.

So something the game doesn't really explain is the Bazaar, it's kind of important because it's where you get the best items, but to do so the game... kind of doesn't tell you how it's counting it. Depending on the items you sell, it goes into a counter that subtracts when you finally meet the requirement for one of the Bazaar specials. Meaning if you have two goods that require the item, you better trigger them at the same time.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/459841-final-fantasy-xii/faqs/46022

This will be a good guide. And yeah, it's a bit annoying to hunt drops unless you're a Monster Hunter kind of guy.

EDIT: So. In short for you, you can forgo all Bazaar grinding and just wind the weapons in the Cerobe Steppe, however they're in chests that spawn 10% of the time, contain gil 80% of the time, and if you have a Diamond Armlet equipped have a 50/50 chance of having an ultimate weapon.

So my advice. Just use the best store brought equipment.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 20, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

What, like, plotwise? Travel isn't an issue save the great crystal so I'm assuming plotwise. Just before Ridorana. (Which according to that guide is the only source for a bunch of materials, as it happens)

But then I literally just beat the other hunt I thought I was stuck on (Fafnir) so maybe I didn't need it as bad as I though. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

What, like, plotwise? Travel isn't an issue save the great crystal so I'm assuming plotwise. Just before Ridorana. (Which according to that guide is the only source for a bunch of materials, as it happens)

But then I literally just beat the other hunt I thought I was stuck on (Fafnir) so maybe I didn't need it as bad as I though. :shrug:

Oh hey if you beat Fafnir, once you've handled the other hunts, King Behemoth unlocks, beating him gives you the Rod of Faith, the ultimate White Mage Weapon.